Revenge of the Myth

"My mother loved to read stories of the fantastical creatures around the world when she was young. She was always a bit on the sickly side, but not to the point anyone expected her to die so suddenly. " Chinza explained carefully, staring at the ground. "Dragons were her favorite. She was jealous of their strength and the fact they could soar into the sky to see more of the world than she ever could." She took a piece of celery, gnawing on it carefully and taking small bites off it and chewing well. "My mother even used to call me her little dragon because I fit the stereotype humans have on dragons- stereotypes I'm learning that just aren't true."

Erbrow sat back, curling his tail under himself. He took a second to use his claw to pick a carrot out from between his teeth. Once he had his teeth clean, he asked, "How did your mother die? Was she caught up in a fight?" Not the most tactful way to ask a delicate question, but he was surprisingly used to death, and not at all used to trying to be tactful. He was aware of that, but he figured if he tried to be tactful, it would be worse.

Back