Riders of Scavenger Island

Blitz moved faster than Garm had seen her move, electricity crackled across her hide, Garm patted her side as the entered the storm, "Hey girl it's okay, we are safe now." He said in an effort to calm her. His touch snapped her out of her flight instinct, she slowed to a stop and looked back at him and he smiled at her, suddenly though he slumped forward, an arrow having found itself in his shoulder.
Blitz got a wild look in her eyes and turned carefully, and took off in the direction of the village, electricity arcing from the storm to her charging her up. She sped through the skies careful not to drop her Rider.

Friydem let out an terrified screech, and waivered in the air. "Whoa!" What was happening?! She held on tight and caught a glimpse of the rider....wearing an owl mask. An absolute feeling of indignitation washed over her quickly followed by a chaser of fury. Nobody attacked her and got away with it. Unfortunately, it wasn't beyond her that this had been a different rider than the one she had seen. There were more. Cursing, she patted Friydem's head between his horns. "They're going to come again go lower...less to watch from above....when they do...try not to light me on fire. .." They dipped down out of arrow range toward the ground and far from the storm cloud. It would take a good dive to get them from that height, something she was bound to notice. The village was coming up fast, and most of it's citizens were turning in for the night. They needed to wake up! She landed over the wall, both her and Friydem tumbling ungracefully to the ground. The poor dragon groaned in pain from the wound and as she hauled herself up. It didnt look deep but it no doubt hurt. "We'll get it fixed. First we have to live," she said to him. A few lookouts were staring at her from the wall and she barked at them "Dont just stand there. Somebody raise whatever measly alarm you've got and go haul Theoc out of his draggie pajamas. We've got a problem and it's above us!"

Absolutely disgusting. Freydis' curiosity turned to disgust, and a bit of sadness, when she popped her head up to see the three blood covered dragons. Not again, she thought when one turned it's head to look at her. She immediately dropped to her hands and knees, waiting a moment before she began to crawl away. In that moment, she heard something that sounded like whistling, then crashing and crunching as objects whizzed through the bush behind her. Most of whatever it was got caught, but one grazed by the back of her left thigh, succeeding in drawing blood. She hissed in pain, and then looked at what had hit her. A tooth? She grabbed it before running off into the trees.

@Azathoth

On the way to the Village, to the village, Garm could see that Theoc was speeding towards him with weapons drawn. "Skrill rider!" He calls out to Garm and the Nadder Scarwing stops right next to Blitz. "The wild dragons are spooked. I need you to-" He sees that Garm has an arrow sticking from his shoulders. "You're wounded! What has happened? Tell me quickly!"

@aryamajor

One of the guards walks up to Ren. "Theoc? He went out looking for the Skrill rider. The dragons in the surrounding forests and waters are spooked by something and we need to figure out why." She tells Ren. "Plus the storm will upon us soon. Dragons not adapted to the weather will be grounded until it passes." The guard added.

@Ailis

As she run the purple dragon called out to its packmates and prepared to give chase until a glob of green acid strikes one of the dragons in the back, causing it to cry out in pain. The others were on alert but another glob his a second dragon and a third strikes the last. The dragons looked around but couldn't find who was doing the attacks. They were spooked and instinct kicked in, causing them to take off in order to avoid this invisible threat. Freydis ran into the forest wounded but not down as fast as she could, but she didn't need to run that far as the Viking bumps into an invisible wall. After the intial impact the Changewing reveals itself to be the mother that mistook her for her baby. However with the viking's blood spilled the dragon knows the truth and what she has done to protect its brood. The changewing lowered her head and lets the four babies climb off her back and they surrounded Freydis like a pack of puppies, yapping and vying for her attention. The mother gives off a low rumble as she stares right into the Viking's eyes.

Blitz had stopped when They and Scarwing had approached, she gave a look to the rider and dragon, her rider needed help, and she wanted for someone to pay in blood. Garms breathing was ragged and he rasped out a "Ambushed by a group of men.... With... Curved swords....I think one of them had only..." He gasped in pain, "only one arm."
That was apparently all the strength he could muster as as he finished he fell forward, his body limply hanging on Blitzs back. Blitz gave a pleading whine to the other two.

"Did you not hear me?!" Ren bellowed, "The storm is coming! It's full of dragons and riders coming to KILL you! Raise a bloody alarm!" Entirely pissed off, she marched over the man and hauled him up by his collar. "Or do I have to find a stick and use that dumb helmet of yours to make some noise while your attached to it? Go!"

Slode’s head snapped towards where he heard the sound of Ren’s voice, screaming about an enemy attack. In his arms, Howler cooed as the man shared a grin with Snap and Snarl, speeding up towards where he had heard he voice.

Grabbing onto his Zippleback, the large beast flies him up towards where Ren was screaming at the guard. Giving the man a one armed shove to get him moving, he turns towards his panicked... companion.

“What happened? Tell me everything as fast as you can, and we might be able to do something.” He demands, his tone causing Howler to let out a small squeak of confusion. Behind him, Snap and Snarl share a look as they analyse the new woman their Rider was talking to.

Freydis was too nervous to wait up for whatever had scared the Grim Gnashers away from her. That is, until she bounced off some sort of invisible wall. The feeling off relief she felt when it was the mother Changewing was overwhelming. If she had wanted to eat her, she would have already. "Oh am I glad to see you." She stepped away from the dragon, watching as she lowered her head to allow for her babies to bounce off of her onto the ground. When the mother returned it's gaze to her, she held it, her blue eyes gazing into the dark ones of the dragon. Her heart began to race even more, excited by the idea of learning how to bond with a dragon. Even if she almost died a few times, this experience was amazing for her learning.

She rose her hand up towards the snout of the dragon, but held it a few inches above, allowing for the dragon to press itself against her palm if it chose to.

Interrupted in her threat by the blonde viking and...a two headed dragon. ....and was that a baby dragon? Her eyes lit like fires as the guard was shoved aside. "Useless here wont listen," she growled, "There are dragon with some nasty riders coming in on the storm and nobody around here seems to be too concerned."

Pointing to Friydem, who was standing defensively behind her in response to both the viking and the dragons, Ren scowled. "They've already attacked me and who knows how many others still outside the wall."

“Shit.” Slode mutters, hands covering Howler’s wars for a second a she looks towards the storm, a frown on his face. A large fighting force armed with dragons... he had a few ideas, but he would need to know what the Druids were capable of before he could start working on a defence.

“Get us Morga and Theoc, NOW!” He roars in the face of the guard, before turning back towards Ren. “You’re not hurt, are you?” He questions her, glancing towards where Snap and Snarl were talking to the woman’s new... monstrous nightmare? Colour him jealous, he supposed.

Actually, it seemed the two dragons were doing more than just talking as the moment the large dragon focused on one head the other worked to light Friydem alight, the Zippleback chortling as they did so.

Whenever the Zippleback tried to get close Friydem, shied away by circling around Ren slowly as he chorteled.

Ren shook her head at Slode. "No, but drawing a bow string is out for me. I sort of tackled a dragon and busted a rib. They did get Friydem under the belly. These guys mean business and they aren't going to hold back. Trust me."

“I would hope not.” Slode grins, before wincing only a little and leaning on his good leg. He wasn’t going to tell Ren of his injuries if he could help it, since there was the very slim chance she might object to him fighting.

And he really felt like slaughtering right now.

Glancing toward the timid Monstrous Nightmare, the man grunts. “Should have Morga check her out, or that bookish girl that came with us. See if they can help. In the mean time, I need you to tell me as much as you can about them. Estimate numbers, dragons, weapons and aim.”

@Azathoth

"Rider!" Shouted Theoc and he grabs Garm from Blitz and lays him gently on Scarwing. "Don't worry. We'll take care of you." He said to the unconscious Garm and flies him back to the medicine hut with haste, ignoring everything as Scarwing and Blitz flew past the wall and over Ren and Slode. There the medicine women treats his arrow wound and disinfects the area before making him breath a powder stimulant in order to wake him up.

@Ailis

The changewing slowly moves her snout to sniff Freydis's hand while the babies silently watched. The mother changewing then presses her snout on Freydis's palm, accepting her as her rider. The babies don't really seem to care. They were more or less acting like a litter of scaly puppies.

"Uhuh." Ren smirked a little, noticing his change in stance. He wasn't going to say if he was hurt or not, but judging by the fact his dragon had two heads, she wagered he had run into a bit of trouble. I don't know how many they were hidden by the storm. They are familiar though. Swords are new, but these people will be good with bows. Excellent aim for sure. Knives too." Ren pulled out her own saxe knives and held them up. "Like these. They also had two dragons I've never seen. They're strong enough to weather the storm apparently."

About that time someone began shouting and she saw Scarwing zip over the wall hauling something besides Theoc on his back. He landed near the medicine hut. "That doesnt look good." Her eyes flicked back to Slode and she crossed her arms. "We need a plan."

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon was simply checking to see what the viking has thrown. It tries to eat the jewelry, lapping it up with its tongue before chewing it for a bit but immediately spits it out, leaving the gold jewelry chewed and broken. It growls and turns back to the Viking and snarls at the Viking, bearing its teeth and prepares to roar. When it bears its teeth however, the dragon unintentionally reveals that it has what looks to be a piece of a shell stuck in its teeth that was digging into its gums.

( So I took a family vacation at the start, ended up getting very sick and spent all day today with family, sorry for my laggy ness normal schuedual reaumes on Tuesday and I will be posting once a day again or when involved anyway I can, as in it isn’t a scene between two other characters)
Averix: sewing this lunges forward and pulled the metal price out Swiftly from the dragon’s teeth before jumping back and to the side once more, he was ready for the thum to come out of the dragon’s face hole and was determined that as long as it wasn’t being injured by soemhing, he was going to stay out of in front of it. He settle in to play an endurance game with the dragon.

@ODSTDRAGON

The Thunderdrum didn't even notice the viking pull out the piece of metal, as it was too angry and upset at the viking's earlier actions before it lets out a powerful and ear splitting sonic blast, tearing leaves from trees and shearing branches of bushes. The blast continues for several seconds before it ends. After the blast the thunderdrum looked around, trying to find the Viking or its body. Unknown to it andAverix, there was a group of silent predators sneaking up on the two, alerted to the dragon's roar.

“And I have one. A plan, that is. I just need that moronic guard to grab someone the people here will actually listen to in order to use it.” Slode says, turning to analyse the small town before him, eyes flickering as his mind settles into the area it usually did when he actually bothered to use his mind over his fists.

“This town and its people already tried fighting the scavengers head on, and were broken by it. So instead we need to falitaisw on weaknesses and strengths.” He murmurs, mostly to himself as ideas begin linking and a plan slowly takes shape in his mind.

“Which is why I need you to tell me about these two dragons. If one was these... Grim Gnashers, what did the other look like? Did it shoot flames?” He continues, turning towards Ren with an intensity behind his eyes.

"No fire, but both had four wings. Not two. I've never seen one like it. One rider wore a cloak and hood. I couldn't see their face. The other... was wearing an owl mask. It's a signature of the Owl Eye thieves guild. If there's one, there's always more," she said, meeting blondie's eyes, "There may even be some on the ground level."

Glancing at Theoc, she jabbed her chin in his direction. "C'mon and let's get grammy's boy and get Freydim fixed up. Maybe Guam..or Guru...eh whatever his name is will be of some use in your plan." With that she started to run toward the medicine hut, her dragon trailing behind.

Slode shook his head at Ren as she jogged off, grinning a bit at the attitude. “If you say so.” He mutters, making sure to cradle Howler against his chest before following after her with the twins, glancing towards the oncoming storm. He would need to talk with Morga and Theoc quickly, and squash any attempts at usurping authority.

He was a little troubled at the mention of a theives guild. That insinuated that these scavengers were linked to a mainland faction, and was perhaps bigger than he had thought. Something to think about.

Freydis smiled when she felt the warm scales of the Changewing underneath her fingers. After a relishing the feeling for a moment, she retracted her hand and glanced around at the babies jumping about at her side. She looked back up at the mother, placing her hands on her hips and releasing a rather long sigh. "I really hope you know how to get back to the village from here, because I have no clue."

Back