Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Connors

Phil was thankful that he had planned for jetpacks in the only way that one can prepare for jetpacks when you weren't expecting them. He had an ice pick and he quickly calculated the angle of trajectory to make sure that he would hit it exactly where he wanted too. He quickly faked a throw with the ice pick and then threw at the angle in which it hopefully pierce one of those jetpacks.

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

Phil Connors

Phil was thankful that he had planned for jetpacks in the only way that one can prepare for jetpacks when you weren't expecting them. He had an ice pick and he quickly calculated the angle of trajectory to make sure that he would hit it exactly where he wanted too. He quickly faked a throw with the ice pick and then threw at the angle in which it hopefully pierce one of those jetpacks.

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"The oldest trick in the anti-air book. Thought I didn't see that coming? You're good at something. All the more you shouldn't waste it."

Max lets go of his jetpacks, allowing them to explode in the air as he charges into the water, preparing to fight Phil head-on in a partially submerged arena.

"I don't like fatalities, Phil. I would prefer to minimalize them if possible, if you know what I mean."

He starts to punch at Phil, starting with his stomach!

@Lucky @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"Hmph." Aska seemed more annoyed than thankful for the group pointing Sorey out. He raised his head, causing Sorey to lift in the air. A shield of light appeared around the boy as he began to wake up.

"Wha...? How..."

"I am in no danger," said the Great Spirit, "but the multiverse is. Without Verius, the balance of all worlds threatens to tip at any moment and your petty squabbles only push all of reality further toward destruction. Beings like Sorey who have been granted my gift to purify malevolence are truly few, and that is why I must protect them in case of calamity."

Billy shook his head. "I don't know much, but Aska must be one of the strongest entities of the entire multiverse. If anything, we need him to help us fight Othinus!"

"I may counter malevolence, but malevolence takes no sides, and neither do I. I am here to protect the boy, nothing else."

@Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

Phil Connors

Phil had hoped that he hadn't seen it coming, but he knew that he was good at math and science, but he preferred to not be reminded of it.

It was weird to see an old man still have so much fight left in him. He noticed him charge head on and he knew that it wasn't going to end well if he couldn't figure out where he would hit.

" I know what you mean and I don't care in all honesty," , he replied back to him.

Phil went into a boxing defensive stance in the water to block the damage.​

Rita Hanson

" Wouldn't it be safer to take the boy away from here along with you if it is safer?" She asked.

@Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

"Hmph." Aska seemed more annoyed than thankful for the group pointing Sorey out. He raised his head, causing Sorey to lift in the air. A shield of light appeared around the boy as he began to wake up.

"Wha...? How..."

"I am in no danger," said the Great Spirit, "but the multiverse is. Without Verius, the balance of all worlds threatens to tip at any moment and your petty squabbles only push all of reality further toward destruction. Beings like Sorey who have been granted my gift to purify malevolence are truly few, and that is why I must protect them in case of calamity."

Billy shook his head. "I don't know much, but Aska must be one of the strongest entities of the entire multiverse. If anything, we need him to help us fight Othinus!"

"I may counter malevolence, but malevolence takes no sides, and neither do I. I am here to protect the boy, nothing else."

@Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

"Can't we protect the boy for you, oh great eagleness?" Ben's form responds, trying to find a way to keep Aska away from Othinus. "That was kind of what we were doing... well... kinda... alright, we'll do a better job. Mistakes were made, but they can be learned from. That, or what Rita said."

Due to the reduction of aggression, he slowly levitates Schala back to the ground, transforms back into his original uniform-like form and Schala's regular outfit, jumps off her and back to the ground and transforms back into old human Ben.

And this time, Ben was feeling strain in his head and muscles, as well as heavy breathing.

2Z8LX57.jpg

"Man... that transformation was something... Schala... are you feeling alright...

Aaaanyways, I apologise, your eagleness, I'm not sure if I can allow you to proceed, especially if you view yourself as that important."

His muscles weak, but he neared the great bird, T-posing with every bit of strength he had in front of it.

"I don't know... if you want physical evidence... it might be too late by the time... you see it..."

His eyelids were fading, and his body shaking, yet he was determined.

@Atomic Knight @Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

Leivinia said nothing, merely frowning as Othinus made her magic disappear. She understood the difference between a normal magician and a Magic God, but the casual way in which her entire bombardment had been sealed was still overwhelmingly ridiculous. It really wasn't a surprise that Thor didn't want to target Othinus despite his enjoyment of battle. Such a thing would hardly have been able to be classified as a fight in the first place.

So there was nothing she could do to stop Othinus from simply running away. Thor's lax attitude was a welcome plus here, and he was right. Thor didn't have anything they wanted anymore, so they had no reason to fight either.

No, in fact, her next target was actually her own ally.

A powerful dome-shaped explosion erupted under the water. Boxing, math, and science were all meaningless before the sheer might of magic that defied scientific common sense. Aiming to send both Max and Phil flying out of the water with her unreasonable explosion, she then transformed her wand into a sword.

"I don't care either. About your life, that is. We don't have time for this. Get out of our way."

Leivinia swung down her sword, a blade of wind flying towards Phil to simply bisect him vertically.

@Lucky @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

Phil Connors

Phil had hoped that he hadn't seen it coming, but he knew that he was good at math and science, but he preferred to not be reminded of it.

It was weird to see an old man still have so much fight left in him. He noticed him charge head on and he knew that it wasn't going to end well if he couldn't figure out where he would hit.

" I know what you mean and I don't care in all honesty," , he replied back to him.

Phil went into a boxing defensive stance in the water to block the damage.

Rita Hanson

" Wouldn't it be safer to take the boy away from here along with you if it is safer?" She asked.

@Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight
Leivinia said nothing, merely frowning as Othinus made her magic disappear. She understood the difference between a normal magician and a Magic God, but the casual way in which her entire bombardment had been sealed was still overwhelmingly ridiculous. It really wasn't a surprise that Thor didn't want to target Othinus despite his enjoyment of battle. Such a thing would hardly have been able to be classified as a fight in the first place.

So there was nothing she could do to stop Othinus from simply running away. Thor's lax attitude was a welcome plus here, and he was right. Thor didn't have anything they wanted anymore, so they had no reason to fight either.

No, in fact, her next target was actually her own ally.

A powerful dome-shaped explosion erupted under the water. Boxing, math, and science were all meaningless before the sheer might of magic that defied scientific common sense. Aiming to send both Max and Phil flying out of the water with her unreasonable explosion, she then transformed her wand into a sword.

"I don't care either. About your life, that is. We don't have time for this. Get out of our way."

Leivinia swung down her sword, a blade of wind flying towards Phil to simply bisect him vertically.

Max proceeds with his next move - a kick to the side as he repeatedly punches Phil's blocked stance. Soon, they were seperated and in the sky due to Leivinia's explosion, followed by her air slash targeted at the middle-aged man.

iJb0gXK.png

"Phil! No!"

Phil Connors

Phil coughed when he landed back on the shore and he rolled out of way. Of course, it didn't help that it ripped the side of his jacket, thankfully, not the arm, but he was bleeding. Of course, it had to be the arm with the device from Wanda's incident. It had to be the poison. " Nope." he replied, diving back into the water.

Last edited:
Phil Connors

Phil coughed when he landed back on the shore and he rolled out of way. Of course, it didn't help that it ripped the side of his jacket. Of course, it had to be the arm with the device from Wanda's incident. It had to be the poison. " Nope." he replied, diving back into the water.

"You almost lost an arm, Phil," Grandpa Max spoke, "I don't want you to come close to losing the rest of you."

He prepares to continue the fight with Phil - to pursue him.

Last edited:
"S-Severa?! What happened?! What's going on?!" Kyoko exclaimed over the comm link as she was shot, before Touma's voice echoed loudly from behind.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964368.jpg

"Severa!!" He called out, running over to her hurriedly, followed by 10032 (in a comparatively less alarmed manner). As Macy healed her wound, the spiky-haired boy rushed over and tried to help her up, braving to wrap her arm around himself just in case she'd still have trouble walking -- if not from the residual pain of the wound, then just from the physical and mental shock of everything -- before anything else. He hadn't even noticed Severa's more subdued response to Macy's nursing until after that point, a softer expression painted on his face.

"S-Severa, are you alright?" Touma asked. He felt a bit stupid asking her something like that, when the situation was what it was, but at the same time, he couldn't stand not asking her just in case.

"She was wounded, but has already been healed, it appears, observes MISAKA."

"That's not what I meant!"

Meanwhile, as the rest of the group chased after Phil, with mostly Max trying to engage with him, Othinus suddenly appeared again from above, floating in the air with her legs crossed as though she were sitting atop an invisible chair, chuckling softly as she witnessed the struggle between the two, plus Leivinia. Looking at Phil with a smirk, she spoke with a commanding voice.

"Fufu, you've finally become true to yourself, it appears. Good, good. But you must prove that you are truly willing to serve me. Such trials are fulfilled with blood, as per human customs, it appears. So then, in accordance with it... I shall give you a test, Philip Connors."

"Prove your loyalty to me. Kill Max Tennyson, or die by the hands of your former allies. Either way, you will be rewarded in time."

@Lucky @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"S-Severa?! What happened?! What's going on?!" Kyoko exclaimed over the comm link as she was shot, before Touma's voice echoed loudly from behind.

"Severa!!" He called out, running over to her hurriedly, followed by 10032 (in a comparatively less alarmed manner). As Macy healed her wound, the spiky-haired boy rushed over and tried to help her up, braving to wrap her arm around himself just in case she'd still have trouble walking -- if not from the residual pain of the wound, then just from the physical and mental shock of everything -- before anything else. He hadn't even noticed Severa's more subdued response to Macy's nursing until after that point, a softer expression painted on his face.

"S-Severa, are you alright?" Touma asked. He felt a bit stupid asking her something like that, when the situation was what it was, but at the same time, he couldn't stand not asking her just in case.

Meanwhile, as the rest of the group chased after Phil, with mostly Max trying to engage with him, Othinus suddenly appeared again from above, floating in the air with her legs crossed as though she were sitting atop an invisible chair, chuckling softly as she witnessed the struggle between the two, plus Leivinia. Looking at Phil with a smirk, she spoke with a commanding voice.

"Fufu, you've finally become true to yourself, it appears. Good, good. But you must prove that you are truly willing to serve me. Such trials are fulfilled with blood, as per human customs, it appears. So then, in accordance with it... I shall give you a test, Philip Connors."

"Prove your loyalty to me. Kill Max Tennyson, or die by the hands of your former allies. Either way, you will be rewarded in time."

@Lucky @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"Othinus, you monster," Grandpa Max simply says as he continues the battle.​

"I can make promises to not kill you, Phil, but I make absolutely none about giving you a long, long hospital stay."

It seemed that Grandpa Max was being serious here as he takes out his blaster and begins to aim for Phil's legs!

"You're not a bad man, Phil. Alright, maybe you are, but you have potential. You blame society on having such toxic mannerisms, yet you embrace them, you accept them, you integrate them into you. Today you're going to learn about the possibility of change! Today, you will care!"

Max then speaks to the rest of the group.

"Leivinia, Mason, think you two could conjure a barrier around your friends?"

@Ver @Lucky @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"Ben!" Libra rushed to the boy's side, attempting to heal him with his staff. He looked up to Aska as he did so. "I fear no matter how you try to protect him, Sorey is doomed, as is the Multiverse itself," the priest said. "Magic God Othinus is frighteningly close to her goal of rewriting reality as we know it, and unless we stop her...all of our lives may be forfeit. Please, there must be something you can do. We could use all the help we can at this point."

@Atomic Knight @Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi@Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight
---

"Ugh..." Severa grimaced as Touma helped her up. The pain was subsiding, thankfully, but now something else wss bothering her. Gods, this was embarrassing...being all vulnerable like this was the worst! Okay, sure, her knee had been totally messed up, but...still. "I...I'm fine," she replied to Touma, and Kyoko as well, not back to her fiery self just yet. "Phil used his gun on my knee. Macy is healing me now, so...I'm fine."

Beat.

"...thanks for the help." She wasn't ready to move away just yet. It was kind of...nice, really, to just have someone by her side.

Good luck getting her to admit it, of course.

@Ver @Lucky @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"I don't care for rainbows! I don't care for your powers or techniques! I've grown tired of your childish arguments! Tired of excuses! It's time we wiped the slate clean... Becuase if not we'll fight our fists... we'll fight with our tongues... the weapons won't matter. At the end of the day... we'll only be fighting over words. Truths and lies. All it comes down to are truths-" Jiren charged towards Ben in a heartbeat, a flaming fist striking the center of the strange sweater-beast, sparks seeming deep into its fibers "And lies. You fight for yours. I'll fight for mine. We're both beyond epiphanies now. I'll die for my faith. Kill me. Strike me down in passion. Prove me right. Set me free. Or dye as another martyr of a doomed world"

"Show me the balance!" A wall of ki blades shot towards Chise and her partners, propelled by the command of Jiren's furious heart "Because if it exists, I must be blind to it. Evil outweighs the good. It overshadows it. Overwhelms it. It swallows it whole and spits out its bones to be pecked by birds. Its time someone evened the odds... and its clear that all of you lack the will for it!"

Jiren became a statue in frozen space, each muscle forced to endure the weight of a dozen worlds. His assault was blocked by a wall of force. His retreat was blocked the same invisible shield. No matter where he turned, some unseen strength sought to wear him down, chipping away at his resolve. As his energy supply switched from fuel to fumes, his fury filled up his tank. Even under the bombardment of gravity, Jiren began to edge forward. He had endured vacuums. He had fought to protect worlds that dwarfed the Earth ten times over. A little extra gravity could be overcome with enough power and focus- or in Jiren's case, with pure drive. He willed his lips to move again.

"You... are... correct" He muttered, his jaw barely shifting "There is good... In man... but goodness... is frowned upon in survival... the good are the first to be exploited. The first to be hardened... first to die. This broken world is... built to destroy... all that is... good" He made his first step in the face of the growing pressure. Then another. And another. Slowly, Jiren was gaining speed again, overcoming the limits Libra had set for him. "You speak... with kindness... with honour... and for that..." Another Bolt of ki erupted from his system, his strength growing beyond the limits of her gravity "For that I'll kill you last. I hope that you shall return to life in my new world and that you will come to see its splendour... until then... stay out of my way. I may lose the clarity to spare to should you find it in you to interfere..."

"Don't you understand? We fight to break that cycle! We fight to sever the chains of kings and revolts, of evolution and extinction. We fight to preserve the world that should be; an immortal world. I saw this... Pucci opened my eyes... And now he lies with..." He closed his eyes and tensed his neck. He didn't want to say their names. He did not want to disturb the dead... not while the fires of hope and salvation still burned. He willed himself to go on "Now he lies with Marian, both stripped from me by the likes of the passionate. You understand my plight. You understand my goals... But your loyalty blinds you. It had infected you like a cancer... one in intend to extract. We have the chance to write our own answers. Build our own truths"

His power rose again, sending rippling shockwaves across the battlefield towards Schala's person

"But if you cannot see that... then strike me... prove to me the dangers of passion. Prove me right!!!!!"

"You are right" Toppo rising to his feet again, his body finally coming to terms with his new strengths. The sudden splicing of Kryptonian DNA with his own had sent his body into a temporary state of repair, preparing itself for the coming of great power. By the time the coronation had arrived, Toppo was a new man, leaner, paler and almost human in appearance. The height and pure muscle mass of his God of Destruction state remained, however, everything seemed to be proportioned far more naturally. To the eye, he appeared to have lost all resemblance to some ancient titan or ungodly alien. Those who knew him less might confuse him with a strong, old man, had the crest of Belmond not remained aglow on his chest.

Perhaps the crest itself had changed somewhat too. It seemed smoother around the edges, stretching and curling across his chest, almost like a constrictor, or a spiralling, glowing S divided by yellow sun.

"Jiren had come to terms with death long before I met him... But remember that he has renounced surrender. He had renounced mercy. He has no intention of stopping until his plan is complete... If we had the chance to debate it I would" His eyes began to glow with a smoking red light "But that time has passed. Jiren and I can talk it out the next life..."

View attachment 3339

"Enough stalling!"

Jiren's power surged forth again, shaking the earth with its might.

"I had a job to do. I failed it. The least I can do is secure their VENGENCE! FOR PUCCI! FOR MARIAN! FOR ALL THE LIVES YOUR PASSION DESTROYS! FOR MY NEW WORLD, AND FOR WHAT THE OLD ONE FAILED TO BE, I WILL NOT STAND DOWN! SO RISE AND FACE ME! FACE MAXIMUM WILLPOWER! ENDURE THE WRATH OF A HERO OF JUSTICE! FEEL TO UNLIMITED WRATH OF THE GRAY!!!"

Charging forward with a burning fist extended before him, Jiren sought to begin his final charge. From here on out, it was death or glory. Either way, he would see his tribe again, either in the New World, or the Next World​

Will had cut through Jiren's death beam likebutter, the sheer power she was feeling allowing her to tank the painand slice through his ki. He seemed full of rage and anger, that much was clear to Will. But she was too far gone now to reason with him, to talk and hopefully set him on the right path.

She had tried to many times before, with other enemies of his kind, only to be coldly brushed aside. now, Will would play it smart. If jiren would rather face death than change his ways, Will would be all too happy to send him packing.

"How pathetic. You still can't see the forest for the trees, can you? No matter. The others can try to reason with you, but I won't. You had your chance. Now you die like the rest."

Every word was spit from her mouth like venom from an angry cobra. Will had lost some humanity herself it seemed. How much Malevolence had she taken hold of? She didn't know, nor did she seem to care.

Instead, Will covered her fists in Dark Ki and rushed forwards to meet Jiren head on.

If Ben and Schala wanted to fool around and trade witty banter, they could do so all they wanted. Will on the other hand was done taking shit from people who clearly lacked remorse and compassion.

"This perfect world you so desperately seek shall NEVER become a reality! Not while I stil exist!"

@Cromartous @Crow @Ver @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Jiren Fight

"Ben!" Libra rushed to the boy's side, attempting to heal him with his staff. He looked up to Aska as he did so. "I fear no matter how you try to protect him, Sorey is doomed, as is the Multiverse itself," the priest said. "Magic God Othinus is frighteningly close to her goal of rewriting reality as we know it, and unless we stop her...all of our lives may be forfeit. Please, there must be something you can do. We could use all the help we can at this point."

@Atomic Knight @Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi@Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight​

0yZWnc4.jpg

"Well, now that it's been all explained and out of the bag," Ben stops shaking his fidgety limbs, his eyes back to normal and his energy back, "I guess I'll have to tell you the biggest part of this jig - you are the final piece of her plans. We could use your help, but we'd like it to be in a way that Othinus can't sense you, visually or whatnot."

@Atomic Knight @Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight​

Phil Connors

Dying ain't so bad was the very first thought that crossed his mind. Of course, a trial by blood was something he had heard of. He was a person who understand the past very well and then it sparked. The dark, the cold and emptiness. It had happened then and even though it still gapped, he knew it was the route of everything. Phil pulled out two guns and just shot at Max and whoever else was closet. If bullets were blocked or richoeted, it didn't mattered. Death was welcome and maybe things would be better in Hell or Heaven. Who cared? He didn't.

@Ver @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"...Hoo, how frustrating."

Giorno Giovanna sighed.

The sequence of events left the guardian of the Arrow mute and lost in thought. Diego may disapprove of his son simply allowing the all-powerful, coveted Arrow to fall into the hands of their sworn enemy so casually, but Giorno simply couldn't feel any resentment or weakness in the face of the Magic God. What else could his stony face convey? It remained still and frozen with unknowable intent, watching the scene unfold.

It was all so frustrating. Irritating. Not rage-inducing by any means, but more like a thorn in his side that refused to fall off. The path ahead was momentarily obscured... but such a 'reality' simply could not exist.

Alongside Willard, Giorno boldly approached Phil and coldly looked down upon him, commanding Gold Experience to flash its fists.

"You have no resolve left, do you? No will to survive, no morals to speak of, no overriding objective or purpose. Those eyes are like lifeless puppet wandering aimlessly."

"I have a dream that I know is just...for our future, we must do what we can. If you obscure my path... then, I'll give you a swift death, at the very least," the don spoke in his authoritative voice, evoking his title as the boss of Passione.
Phil Connors

Dying ain't so bad was the very first thought that crossed his mind. Of course, a trial by blood was something he had heard of. He was a person who understand the past very well and then it sparked. The dark, the cold and emptiness. It had happened then and even though it still gapped, he knew it was the route of everything. Phil pulled out two guns and just shot at Max and whoever else was closet. If bullets were blocked or richoeted, it didn't mattered. Death was welcome and maybe things would be better in Hell or Heaven. Who cared? He didn't.

@Ver @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"Gold Experience."

Gold Experience was already lunging forward as soon as the guns entered its view, faster than anything else.

A golden fist aimed to completely impale the adult through the abdomen.

@Ver @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City​

Phil Connors

Grandpa Max rolled about to evade and continue shooting at Phil's legs. Unfortunately, he himself felt a bullet get shot at him - near his stomach area. It wasn't a fatal wound, but it would be it it continued bleeding for a long time!

"Willard, get ready to fall back when I tell you to," Grandpa Max says, charging behind Phil and grabbing him by the chest area with one hand, gripping onto his upper arms.

If he kept at this position for just a bit longer, he would be able to do the thing.

Phil Connors

Phil Connor was many things and he decided to try something dangerously stupid. Since Max had grabbed him by the chest and Girono had tried the Gold experience, he would try to do a flip and have it hit Max. If he failed, he died. What did it matter? It didn't. If he wasn't fast enough, so be it. It was either kill or be killed and both yielded good results. Either way the heroes choose, they could not win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back