Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png

"Please save your aggression for the enemy. I'm not here for that right now," Doppo only said to Russia, or rather "Ivan," almost in an unimpressed manner, or rather, a tired one, like an overworked teacher. Perhaps fitting for a man who once wanted to be a Math teacher when he was younger.

As Gaius made his way to the Armory, Doppo would silently give him an acknowledging nod as a greeting, gesturing toward the selection of long-ranged weapons or short-ranged weapons, whatever he could possibly want was available to him.

@Crow @Hida Tomonatsu @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Yun Lee @Armory

kmCbvRa.jpg

"Hey Phil," Ben greets, "looking good. The name's Ben, Ben Tennyson."

Based on what Mason said, Phil was certainly not doing good. He decided to allow Mason's questions to flow.

@Crow @Lucky @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Buffet

"Lindel... where have I heard that name before? Doesn't sound like a very common name," Grandpa Max adds. "Looks like this place is getting a bit crowded, but I guess I can stay a bit longer before I pass some equipment to Ben. It'd be nice to know some new faces before we get together for the mission."

FrWW13C.png

Turning to Russia, he introduces, "I'm Magister Maxwell Tennyson. Just Magister Tennyson or Max will do. Good to meet you, Ivan."

@Ver. @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Takumi @MelodyMeister @Armory​

tumblr_inline_p7gbje41tv1sjp02i_100.jpg

"Oh, have you met him too? He must of been through quite a bit since I last saw him..." Which was when she made her wand, not even getting the chance to really speak with him after the kidnapping of the Dragon Whelps. Chise blinked, taking notice of how crowded it was getting. Who knew so many people would show up so fast.

tumblr_inline_p7gbjd20kN1sjp02i_100.jpg

"Maybe we should find somewhere else to talk? So we won't be in other people's way." She said, turning to both Libra and Max. Ruth took a moment to slip out without a word, he didn't really need to since she knew he was leaving-likely to get food no doubt.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Armory

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964287.jpg

"Aha, well, if you put it like that, then I guess I'll be in your care, Miss... ah, what's your name again? And you?" Touma said with a light-hearted laugh, speaking with such a tone as if to attempt to bring levity into the air, even if it might have been considered a bit inappropriate.

Still, if nothing else, he at least seemed like the friendliest out of his "associates," between Ollerus's eerily laid-back demeanor and Fiamma of the Right, who would have been stand-offish to anyone who would approach him now as he was focused on tracking down Othinus's exact position with his power, as seen with a red glow from his hand that he laid on the briefing table and his concentrated gaze at the air.

@Gummi Bunnies

Will had bid The Armory goodbye and decided to head to the Mess Hall. It seemed everyone else was going there to eat before heading out, which wasn't a bad idea. Will herself had already eaten, but she noticed a large grey man and his friend walk in the room and couldn't help but feel uneasy. He had no doubt seen his fair share of battles.

Will walked over and grabbed an apple from the bowl, rubbing it on her sleeve before taking a bite.

@Anyone @FoodCourt

What? What was this? Was she like some sort of child who had lost her mother in a crowded marketplace or something? Severa held her tongue though (albeit just barely) since, y'know, mouthing off to a commanding officer was a horrible thing to do. Even she was smart enough to see that.

Now, just to rememner her mom... "Uh...she has red hair like me, but redder. Also she's pretty, like me-where I got my looks from, you know?" After a pause to think, she added. "Oh yeah, she's flatter than a sheet of glass, but she's embarrassed about it, so she tries to make herself look bigger. Does that help?" The last question was asked in a snappy way, as if wondering why this was even relevant at all.

@Atomic Knight @Josh

---

Libra took note of all the...interesting people who had joined them. "Libra. Nice to meet you all." He inteoduced him politely, opting out of judging anyone here based on first impressions alone. "And no, Lindel was the least of my worries. And the MEU? I actually met Miss Zatanna a while ago. She was very nice." As nice as anyone could be after being trapped in a cage with nothing but pork chops to eat.

He noticed a new arrival and smiled. "Gaius, it's good to see you again. How have you been?"

@Ver @Takumi @Hida Tomonatsu @MelodyMeister @Crow @Armory​

Diego glanced around once more to the people around him, particularly the ones that came from his alternative son's timeline. Regardless, the man just shrugged them off for now, following behind Giorno before they were out of earshot from those others.

Sensing the tension leave the boy's body, Diego brought a hand up upon Giorno's shoulder, his other palm presented.
"Just wanted to check up on you," he spoke firmly, the look of suspicion still on his face from being surrounded by so many unknowns. But from his palm, three of the raptors crawled out from his sleeve, all hopping over to the younger male and climbing his sleeves.

"Feel free to do whatever you will with them with your Stand, but keep these three on your person. Use them as scouts, to call me over, or to use the Virus for your own usage, if the need calls for it. Just remember what you learned with me, understand?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

It didn't take a master of reading-a-room to tell that there was boundless suspicion painted across Diego's face, which Giorno picked up on as soon as the tension left himself and the tension in his extra-dimensional father only grew by the second. Considering what Giorno learned when he had first met him - as little or extensive it may be - there was no person in this room who could blame the Brando for being cautious of so many unknown, faceless agents of different agendas and ambitions lurking around in such a closed space - figuratively and physically.

The boy allowed the trio of mini-raptors to scale his body and burrow themselves into his uniform, away from prying eyes. To say nothing of the many combinations and possibilities Giorno could achieve by mixing Gold Experience's life-giving properties with Scary Monsters' vicious mutagen, the fact that Diego was entrusting the boy with a fraction of his own Stand ability was. . .to someone who had only known the treachery and deceit that permeates Italy's criminal underground, a sign of immense trust.

tumblr_nr1w8n9d2Q1tc1kmmo9_250.png

"Of course. . . thank you." Giorno said graciously, standing tall and looking out at the sea of people in momentary thought. He looked back to his father's counterpart. ". . .I understand that this entire situation may seem like we're walking into a trap. To speak truthfully, I'm not entirely sure of every person here, either. But. . .this will be worth it. Putting down that man will be accomplished by me and no one else. And once that is done. . .I'd like to learn more from you." he looked to the former jockey and flashed a small, but genuine smile.

Diego Brando would be one more push factor that would bring about the end of this despair that has choked Giorno Giovanna for long enough.

@Hood Rat

View attachment 3218
"Cordelia... that's a very pretty name. I like it! Suits you well. You're too kind, Cordelia. I won't take too much of your food though. No need to be greedy."

Macy grabbed a plate of her own and took a couple of chicken tenders off Cordelia's plate, as well as a couple pieces of fruit. She took a bite out of one of the chicken strips and smiled in delight.

"You wouldn't mind helping me find the armory, would you? I can't even find my own backside in this place."

@Minerva

6mbYG6M.png

"Thank you, Macy." Cordelia said. As to where the armory was, she looked out towards the hall. "Oh, once you leave here, it's to the left. Shouldn't be too hard to find! There are signs."​

6mbYG6M.png

"Thank you, Macy." Cordelia said. As to where the armory was, she looked out towards the hall. "Oh, once you leave here, it's to the left. Shouldn't be too hard to find! There are signs."​

Wil finished her apple and walked over to Cordelia's table, sitting down in one of the many empty slots.

"Mind if I sit here? The table over there is getting crowded."

image.png

"Please save your aggression for the enemy. I'm not here for that right now," Doppo only said to Russia, or rather "Ivan," almost in an unimpressed manner, or rather, a tired one, like an overworked teacher. Perhaps fitting for a man who once wanted to be a Math teacher when he was younger.

As Gaius made his way to the Armory, Doppo would silently give him an acknowledging nod as a greeting, gesturing toward the selection of long-ranged weapons or short-ranged weapons, whatever he could possibly want was available to him.

@Crow @Hida Tomonatsu @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Yun Lee @Armory
What? What was this? Was she like some sort of child who had lost her mother in a crowded marketplace or something? Severa held her tongue though (albeit just barely) since, y'know, mouthing off to a commanding officer was a horrible thing to do. Even she was smart enough to see that.

Now, just to rememner her mom... "Uh...she has red hair like me, but redder. Also she's pretty, like me-where I got my looks from, you know?" After a pause to think, she added. "Oh yeah, she's flatter than a sheet of glass, but she's embarrassed about it, so she tries to make herself look bigger. Does that help?" The last question was asked in a snappy way, as if wondering why this was even relevant at all.

@Atomic Knight @Josh

---

Libra took note of all the...interesting people who had joined them. "Libra. Nice to meet you all." He inteoduced him politely, opting out of judging anyone here based on first impressions alone. "And no, Lindel was the least of my worries. And the MEU? I actually met Miss Zatanna a while ago. She was very nice." As nice as anyone could be after being trapped in a cage with nothing but pork chops to eat.

He noticed a new arrival and smiled. "Gaius, it's good to see you again. How have you been?"

@Ver @Takumi @Hida Tomonatsu @MelodyMeister @Crow @Armory​

The armory master would receive a wave in return before the thief began looking over the selection. Nothing fancy was grabbed, just a couple of bundles of arrows along with a set of knives as backups in case his sword was taken from him. Not like he expected to be involved in much combat personally; even if this was a full-blown war about to break out, he was certainly more a stealth operator rather than a front line assaulter.

"This fine to take?" He held up the items for Doppo to look up, waiting for his consent. However, before he received it, Gaius perked up as he recognized a familiar voice, finally bringing him out of the head space of procurement. A mischievous grin came to his lips as he gave the priest a nod, finally acknowledging him, "Ah, hey, Padre, been awhile. So this is where you ran off to after the war, huh?"

@Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Crow @Armory​

Wil finished her apple and walked over to Cordelia's table, sitting down in one of the many empty slots.

"Mind if I sit here? The table over there is getting crowded."
"Oh, sure!" Cordelia said. She moved something to the other side of her. "Here's a spot for you." Cordelia then proceeded to start eating another piece of chicken, dipping it into the ketchup.​

"Oh, sure!" Cordelia said. She moved something to the other side of her. "Here's a spot for you." Cordelia then proceeded to start eating another piece of chicken, dipping it into the ketchup.​

Wil nodded in appreciation and took the seat, leaning herhead against her hand. Before the mission started, Will felt as if she needed to get to know some of her allies. She wondered what Cordelia possessed.

"I'm Will. Will Vandom. I just got inducted a few weeks ago into the MEU."

Phil Connors

Phil made a note to curse out his luck later it would seem.

Phil took a deep breath and took the hand to help himself up. He made a note to himself to not fuck it up by adding a pick-up line after he helped him. This wasn't Punxsutawney and his actions had real consequences, a thing he still had to remember.

Phil thought about it for a second and decided he would do what he did best. He was going to deflect the question. " It's nice to see you too again, Mason. How have you been?"

Phil looked over at Ben and dusted off his suit. " Nice to meet you Ben."

He hoped Mason wouldn't ask the question again, because in all honesty, he felt he deserved it, but he wouldn't dare say those words a loud. Phil doubted that Mason would understand.

@Alex Azure @Crow

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at the assortment of weapons and then at the man there. " Do you have any recommendations on what is the easiest to use?" She asked.

@Ver

Ben decides to wave to the two girls as he continues to mingle with Mason, deciding to integrate more people into his conversation.

u8SLnpj.png

"Pretty big mission we have up ahead of us, huh?"

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Crow @FoodCourtBuffetTable

@Cromartous @anyonereally​

Both Jolyne and Ermes gave Ben a look as the started talking to him. "...I guess." Jolyne finally replied before going back to eating.

"Yeah we're just doing this because they asked us. Not very nicely either, More like goad us into it? What do you think Jolyne?"

"Sounds about right," She nodded agreeing with her friend. "We're here to wrap up this mess and get the fuck back from where we started."

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Crow @FoodCourtBuffetTable​

It was awfully good to see another old friend again. Though Gaius being here was quite the surprise, but perhaps it meant that what the thief had learned during his time as a Shepherd had been a boon.

"Indeed," Libra replied, making his way over to Gaius. "My work is never done, even beyond Ylisse. It's nice to see you again, my friend. I'm surprised to find you here and not in the mess hall." The smile on Libra's face made it clear he was trying to make a joke. He could make those every once in a while.

@Hida Tomonatsu

It was awfully good to see another old friend again. Though Gaius being here was quite the surprise, but perhaps it meant that what the thief had learned during his time as a Shepherd had been a boon.

"Indeed," Libra replied, making his way over to Gaius. "My work is never done, even beyond Ylisse. It's nice to see you again, my friend. I'm surprised to find you here and not in the mess hall." The smile on Libra's face made it clear he was trying to make a joke. He could make those every once in a while.

@Hida Tomonatsu
"Yeah, no thanks. After eating Sully's cooking back in the Shepherds, I've learned to steer clear of mess hall grog," Gaius countered, almost seeming to shiver at the reminder he had forced of the cavalier's cooking, before shaking his head, "Just picking up some emergency supplies for the job. Anyways, how've ya been? Did the church decide that comedy isn't blasphemy anymore?"

@Yun Lee

After the meeting about Gremlin and the people from those prisoners' world, Leivinia Birdway had begun to make her way towards the mess hall. There were probably going to be a lot of people who required food regardless of what world they came from, so if anyone had any problems with the mission that they didn't want to bring up to the "proper" authorities, she could deal with them. Othinus was a threat from her own world after all, so it was only natural that she spread her knowledge to anyone that might have needed it to help them succeed against Gremlin.

More importantly though, she was just hungry.

Stumbling upon the very two that she had assisted, if just a little bit, in recruiting, the leader of a magic cabal sighed loudly and made herself known.

VtdPg0r.png

"Regardless of our methods, would you have preferred to stay in prison while your world was destroyed? Really we did you two girls a favor."

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Crow @FoodCourtBuffetTable​

"It's only blasphemy if it isn't funny, so in your case, no, it hasn't." Jokes aside, Libra would do the same for Gaius as he did for Cordelia-spare the more egregious details. "I've been all right, I suppose. I spent some time stationed in Ash, found myself in a rather troublesome situation, and I came back here to headquarters for a while in order to do sone research on the Multiverse. Unfortunately a situation as grave as this has put that on hold for the time being." He frowned a bit as the reminder of their upcoming mission soured his spirit slightly. "And what of you? How have you been keeping?"

@Hida Tomonatsu

"It's only blasphemy if it isn't funny, so in your case, no, it hasn't." Jokes aside, Libra would do the same for Gaius as he did for Cordelia-spare the more egregious details. "I've been all right, I suppose. I spent some time stationed in Ash, found myself in a rather troublesome situation, and I came back here to headquarters for a while in order to do sone research on the Multiverse. Unfortunately a situation as grave as this has put that on hold for the time being." He frowned a bit as the reminder of their upcoming mission soured his spirit slightly. "And what of you? How have you been keeping?"

@Hida Tomonatsu
Gaius noted the scowl his friend and understood that he was just as bothered by the situation as him. Interesting note to file away for later. "Meh, same old, same old," He replied casually with a shrug, taking one of the knives and lazily tossing it in the air before catching it again after it flipped to pass the time as they talked, "Got a job to do some wetwork involving ODMA, found out what their true purpose as an organization is, and decided it was better to work for good people than for some chump who was just paying me. You know, the usual for me."

@Yun Lee

Wil nodded in appreciation and took the seat, leaning herhead against her hand. Before the mission started, Will felt as if she needed to get to know some of her allies. She wondered what Cordelia possessed.

"I'm Will. Will Vandom. I just got inducted a few weeks ago into the MEU."
Cordelia smiled as she took another bite. "Cordelia, a member of the United Nations Peacekeepers." She said, wiping her mouth. "I've worked for them for a while."​

Cordelia smiled as she took another bite. "Cordelia, a member of the United Nations Peacekeepers." She said, wiping her mouth. "I've worked for them for a while."​

"Really? Interesting. Do you help rebuild other worlds?"

Will summoned a can of Ginger Ale from the soda machine, subtly using her powers to send a small bolt of Quintessence at the vendor by the far end of the wall. She popped the top open and took a sip, relishing the delicious flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back