Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the Eevee could do much harm, what appeared to be a net of webbing encased the Pokemon's body completely, trapping him in it. Yanking the encased Buddy back, Gwen Stacy, among the Coalition members present, clung to the wall, holding the Eevee in her outstretched arm as though holding a repulsive trash bag.

Vp6YbX3.png

"Not today, furball," she said with narrowed eyes, a deep-seated edge of contempt in her voice.

Meanwhile, Fiamma of the Right could only click his tongue angrily at those in the group who opted to strike first without even trying for diplomacy, scowling deeply. "I am surrounded by bumbling oafs! Rash hardly begins to describe it!" He exclaimed in a reprimanding manner despite Ben's brief apology, if one could call it that, but before he could even think to conjure up a portal to somewhere else, something rendered him unable to do so.

Macy's barrier was suddenly overtaken, glowing red before she suddenly lost control of it. The barrier suddenly enveloped the group like a large orb, and everyone inside was lifted up, except for Touma, who was bound by magical "chains" by his upper body, rendering him unable to negate the magic with his right hand. A few feet in front of everyone, Wanda Maximoff stood, manipulating the "barrier" now.

View attachment 3355

"I've caught them. If they know what's good for them, then they won't try anything else on Commanders Kirigiri and Kunikida. It'd be unwise, after all, to push their luck after killing one already."

"Killing... one? What...?!"

Othinus, who had somehow teleported away from the group during the shuffle, suddenly appeared again beside Wanda, running her hand through her long, flowing blonde hair. "How telling it is for humans to reject what they are not familiar with. To so easily look at something they once knew, something that had changed, and to label it as "fake." Not the "real" one that they knew. And when presented with that difference, you cannot accept it, so you lash out with violence. You seek to destroy what you reject in order to preserve the image of what you believed was "true" in your mind. What a boring reaction."

"I assure you, they are real. Their hopes, their dreams, their motivations. All shifted in accordance with the new world I've written out, with a new history that I've decided on my whim. But they are still who they are. They were still born to the same parents, living out the same childhood, developing the same skills and aspirations... but with just some differences as far as you're concerned."

As though she didn't hear a single word Othinus said, Wanda went on, responding to Touma directly. "Are you feigning ignorance, or did he really not matter to any of you that much?!" The Scarlet Witch cried out with a rage that could not have possibly been any sort of fabricated. Surely, what she was feeling, who she was here, must have been real. "I trusted you all... We all did, but... I should have seen it coming. Maybe then, I... I could have saved Makoto...!"

Othinus tutted audibly, looking to everyone more. "Dear me. Killing Commander Naegi? How low," she said mockingly, before going on. "You are the villain now. You are the evil of the multiverse now. That is the undeniable truth. What held true in the previous multiverse is now null and void. How long will you cling on to that, I wonder?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @York @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Everybody

"Hey! I didn't kill anybody, you stupid witch!!!" Severa began banging on the walls of the barrier. "Put me down RIGHT NOW!!!"

"............" Ah. So this was the truth that Othinus had decided to make reality in her new world. Should it truly bother him? Make him feel miserable? No. That was what she wanted, after all. He needed to look at things from a different perspective if they wanted to beat Othinus, if he didn't want this to affect him as she hoped it would. It was like playing a game of pretend with a child. And if his role in this game was to be the villain, well...

"Yes, it WAS rather foolish to trust us, wasn't it?" Libra gazed out amongst his former allies. True, this did hurt a bit, but he had to convince himself to think differently. This is all a game, this is all a game...you don't mean this, it's a game, it's a game... "I'm sure your beloved Commander Othinus has said many...kind things about us all to you. And fear not, Wanda; I have no interest in harming any more of your number."

He smiled, but he was working himself up for what he was about to say.

View attachment 3356

"Knowing that you'll all live the rest of your miserable little lives never able to bring your precious Makoto back is more than satisfactory for me."

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @York @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Everybody

Before the Eevee could do much harm, what appeared to be a net of webbing encased the Pokemon's body completely, trapping him in it. Yanking the encased Buddy back, Gwen Stacy, among the Coalition members present, clung to the wall, holding the Eevee in her outstretched arm as though holding a repulsive trash bag.

Vp6YbX3.png

"Not today, furball," she said with narrowed eyes, a deep-seated edge of contempt in her voice.

Meanwhile, Fiamma of the Right could only click his tongue angrily at those in the group who opted to strike first without even trying for diplomacy, scowling deeply. "I am surrounded by bumbling oafs! Rash hardly begins to describe it!" He exclaimed in a reprimanding manner despite Ben's brief apology, if one could call it that, but before he could even think to conjure up a portal to somewhere else, something rendered him unable to do so.

Macy's barrier was suddenly overtaken, glowing red before she suddenly lost control of it. The barrier suddenly enveloped the group like a large orb, and everyone inside was lifted up, except for Touma, who was bound by magical "chains" by his upper body, rendering him unable to negate the magic with his right hand. A few feet in front of everyone, Wanda Maximoff stood, manipulating the "barrier" now.

View attachment 3355

"I've caught them. If they know what's good for them, then they won't try anything else on Commanders Kirigiri and Kunikida. It'd be unwise, after all, to push their luck after killing one already."

Othinus, who had somehow teleported away from the group during the shuffle, suddenly appeared again beside Wanda, running her hand through her long, flowing blonde hair. "How telling it is for humans to reject what they are not familiar with. To so easily look at something they once knew, something that had changed, and to label it as "fake." Not the "real" one that they knew. And when presented with that difference, you cannot accept it, so you lash out with violence. You seek to destroy what you reject in order to preserve the image of what you believed was "true" in your mind. What a boring reaction."

"I assure you, they are real. Their hopes, their dreams, their motivations. All shifted in accordance with the new world I've written out, with a new history that I've decided on my whim. But they are still who they are. They were still born to the same parents, living out the same childhood, developing the same skills and aspirations... but with just some differences as far as you're concerned."

As though she didn't hear a single word Othinus said, Wanda went on, responding to Touma directly. "Are you feigning ignorance, or did he really not matter to any of you that much?!" The Scarlet Witch cried out with a rage that could not have possibly been any sort of fabricated. Surely, what she was feeling, who she was here, must have been real. "I trusted you all... We all did, but... I should have seen it coming. Maybe then, I... I could have saved Makoto...!"

Othinus tutted audibly, looking to everyone more. "Dear me. Killing Commander Naegi? How low," she said mockingly, before going on. "You are the villain now. You are the evil of the multiverse now. That is the undeniable truth. What held true in the previous multiverse is now null and void. How long will you cling on to that, I wonder?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @York @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Everybody

"It's not about what's fake or not you crazy bitch."
Jolyne snapped at Othinus. "If they have you on their side that makes them as bad as you. Besides..." She turned to face the Scarlet Witch. "Seems like she's whining and not thinking straight either. Yo! Red witch! If you think we're so evil then maybe instead of crying like a little bitch you'd try to figure out why the hell we'd be back here if we actually killed someone."

"Yeah!" Ermes snapped her fingers. "We'd be really stupid to come back to the scene of the crime!"

"So as I was saying,"
Jolyne continued her focus back on the Scarlet Witch. "Get your head outta your ass and actually try to figure out what is actually going on."

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @York @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Everybody

"When you step upon an ant, do you care for its life?" Othinus merely said in response to Libra, looking upon him with utter contempt, as a human would toward an insect in their own home. "Certainly not. It is only natural to fancy yourself above the natural laws of a race you are above. Especially when you hold the key to their life and death. Just. Like. This."

BOOM!

With a snap of her fingers, three explosions rang out. Wanda, Gaius, and Mason all burst at once, dying instantly as their bodies shattered to glass. With a triumphant, malevolent smile, mad with power, she gave a taunting look toward the long-haired man. "Fret not, human. I only wiped away the slate in order to recreate it anew. On a whim, I destroyed everything you've ever known and cared for, and on another whim, I shall restore it all, but in my image, as I see fit. There is no more need for why or how. Not with this power now."

From there, the Magic God only sneered at Will, making a sound between a scoff and a laugh, displaying some dry amusement from what she perceived as empty threats, from people who no longer posed any threat to her at all. To Ben, she merely flicked her wrist slightly. "When you use a tool to perform a function, do you congratulate that tool? They were made to act on my whim. What I will decide to do to them in the new multiverse will be by my discretion."

Schala was perhaps the one who elicited the strongest reaction from Othinus, receiving a particularly contemptful look from her questions, even if she chose to ignore her, as though the questions were ones that she had no deliberate desire to answer for whatever reason. When Macy expressed a similar sentiment, Othinus looked upon the two of them, only giving the most curt of responses. "Indeed, perhaps mere humans cannot hope to comprehend the heart of a Magic God," she said, and nothing more.

Tap.

Tapping her soft foot against the black "ground," only Mason came back of the three who died, the lone survivor. Without drawing any more attention toward him, Othinus leaned forward toward everyone, an impish smile on her face.

"Now, then..."

She stabbed Gungnir into the ground, leaning against it, before speaking again.

"I will take that which you wanted to protect, the places you wanted to return to, the faces you wanted to see once more, and everything else. I will fundamentally overturn them and destroy your recognition of them. I will show you the insignificance of everything you have gained in your puny lives. Death will be but a blessing, and I do not intend to let go of those who tried so hard to stop me from my destiny."

"Perhaps if you grovel before me and beg with tearful eyes for mercy, I might consider killing you to get it over with if you'd like."

@York @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Everybody
Jiren would earn a tired, sad smile Chise, her hair moving about her at a much calmer and slower pace than before at his words. "In my struggles, I now have loved ones with me, so in the end it's worth all of the pain, because I can at least find some comfort that I have a place to belong in the end, and with that, I'll protect the memories and experiences with my life...I have someone special that wants me to live, and I intend to be by his side as long as I'm able, and protect him ecen2 if he's not here with me in this moment." She replied, placing her hand on her chest, over her heart, before clutching that place. Her heart felt like it was beating way ro fast and way to hard.

With Aska's appearance, it calmed some at least, but Chise would need some healing in the end, for sure.

In the wake of Othinus's erasure of the whole multiverse, Chise stood wide eyed. Just when she wanted to live, this had to happen. It hurt, knowing that in the end, she couldn't change anything.

"I'm sorry Ruth...everyone."

Elias.

"Chise-" Ruth lookes up at her, nd in an instant they were gone.

---

In a world called Avalon, one woman looked up as the world around her shattered, confused and in all honesty frightened.

She died once before, but this was sudden. Clutching a pendant she wore it glowed softly. Without a word, Azura was no more.

---
Amir, having been making clothes for both Noembelu and Karluk ceased to be before her loved ones eyes. With no time to react, or even fully know what was happening.

"Amir?!" Karluk screamed as he stood, shocked. Then like glass watched as the person closest to him shattered.

"Noem-?!" just like his wife and her friend before him, he shattered.

A brother, his Servant, and the Halgal siblings two cousins followed. Two wives and their husband, their child. An Englishman and his soon to be bride, a villag, world bathed in history. Gone.

---

"Something isn't right." Came the voice of a man. Or well, if you could call him that. Sitting in his study he stared out the window.

ainsworth_elias_5315.jpg

"I hope...that they're well, Silver." He had been so worried...and lonely since Chise told him her and Ruth had something important to do for that M.E.U that contacted her some time ago. As much as he didn't want her to leave, he let her. Because she promised to be back as soon as possible.

Something was wrong though, but the fae couldn't really pinpoint what it was.

"!!!" The air itself seemed to break and shatter like glass, and whatever ounce of magic he felt in that moment ceaaed to exist as well as him. Save for one unfinished thought.

Chise...pleaae be okay...please be safe and live because I-

Everything came back slowly for Chise. Feeling in her body, her senses, her memeoreies. Sitting on her knees, any pain she felt from overdoing it with her magic was nothing more than a growing numbness as the situation dawned on her.

She really did fail.

"You should of never been born"

Even as Othinus taunted her and the rest. All she could do was think of her mother's words, even as Ruth moved beside her from the corner of her eye to glare at Othinus.

She wouldn't beg, she wouldn't grovel. Not Othinus, or to anyone. Not until her last breath.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Evryone
KIcNzN8.png

"Yeah OK, that's a pretty valid argument. Good point, good point, I see, I see how it is. You keep rocking, big O. You're the boss. Game on!"

Hoping to catch Othinus off guard with this, Ben slugs his arm into her eyepatch.

"No! That's not a good point! That's not a pretty valid argument. You see yourself as so much of a god, a divine being, that you've started seeing those who aid you as mere tools and trinkets! They're the reason you're even standing here in the first place - the reason you're altering the very fabric of reality. To me, you're just another villain, another villain who discards her little minions into the dumps. And now, you're going to create a world with people who think and feel like you! This is far from the world Jiren wanted. Jiren wasted his life for nothing... nothing at all..."

Ben stared Othinus in the eye.

lCyTblI.png

"Go ahead, Othinus, blow me up over and over, or just let me take a seat and watch you turn the world into your chaotic visions. You can have the power to sweep ten gazillion Alien Xs with a fingernail, but I'm far from afraid of you, not while you act like this. You tell us that a human cannot comprehend the heart of a Magic God, but can a Magic God comprehend the heart of a human, let alone the different hearts of all the different humans here!?"

@Ver @York @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody
Othinus didn't draw any more attention to Mason, and he wouldn't draw any to himself. He was silent, frozen with shock. Killing him would have been fine. He wasn't scared of death. The world was over and he was prepared for it. However, Othinus promised an eternal hell. She could bring him back with barely a thought. The feeling of being forced back into life was far worse than the death he experienced before.

View attachment 3351
"I guess I'll just never understand," Macy mused. "Miss Othinus, would it be too much to request who we get to see again? I know you're only to pull it back away and destroy it in front of us, but there are a couple of people I'd like to see before I'm gone for good."

View attachment 3350
"Ben, I think you just made a mistake."

@Ver @Crow @Everyone​
"Fuck you." The defiant response came from Jolyne who was sitting on the ground back to back against Ermes. "If you want me to grovel at your feet then we're going to be here for a very long time."

"Congrats on winning though."
Ermes added. "Not quite sure what you won. Kind of like how Charlie Brown getting a rock at Halloween. Stuck here in the void with us until you wipe is out and then what?"

"Oh, I loved that special as a kid!"
Jolyne exclaimed her seriousness completely vanishing.

"Right?! It's a classic!"
Both women seemed to have lost the point as they started to gushing about the Halloween special with increasing fervor.

@Ver
@York @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Everybody
Severa couldn't care less about the deaths. She had so many questions for her mom! "How do you even know who I am? I can't have been born yet, can I?"

"Gaius!" Libra watched in horror as his friend vanished, destroyed with nothing more than a snap of Othinus' fingers. And another woman, on top of it all... More innocents, killed by...by a selfish child who had no value for anything but herself!

A sin was coming, a great one. One that he had successfully repressed when faced with Dracula, with Grima...even his own parents. A sin that had always been so easy for him to control now bubbled up, and spilled over.

Wrath.

He closed his hand into a fist, sharply turning to face the goddess. "Do whatever you feel like, then. Enjoy your little ant farm as long as you like. But know this...you are NOT going to succeed. You may have some time now, to do whatever you'd like...but evil such as yours will never prevail. This selfishness...it can never win."
Even when angry, he couldn't believe that someone like Othinus could really keep control like this. There...there had to be some sort of hope, right? Some sort of way this could all be undone...there had to be. There had to!

@Ver @Minerva
As Ben braves to hit Othinus in her eyepatch, the Magic God hardly reacts, and all that happens is that a solid thud is heard, as though Ben had punched a brick wall, and certainly, his fist could feel it. Easily able to carry on as though nothing had happened, bearing aside the irritation that a mere human had dared to touch her, Othinus could only let out a soft laugh.

"Amusing bravado... for a lowly human. Let us see how it holds up soon enough," Othinus merely said to Ben, and toward Libra as well.

Suddenly, the tip of Gungnir, embedded in the "ground," began to glow. And suddenly, everything became blindingly white.

And just like when the multiverse was destroyed, everyone underwent a similar phenomena as it was remade.

View attachment 3352

"...?!" Touma gasped in utter confusion, barely able to fathom Othinus's sheer power even as he witnessed it firsthand. To so easily destroy a multiverse and then just as casually recreate it on her whim. It was unspeakable.

The next thing everyone knew, they were suddenly back in Knowhere, standing in the middle of a corridor, completely empty for the time being. Standing in the middle of the group, Othinus outstretched her arm, as though presenting Knowhere like it were her own creation.

"What do you think? Just like how you remember it, isn't it?"

"It... It really is just like before...!" Fiamma of the Right gasped.

"There's just... one minor change I've made."

ZZZZZZZT!

Suddenly, the alarms in Knowhere began blaring at full volume and alert, as though a threat of the highest magnitude had suddenly appeared before everyone. Startled by the sudden alarm, Ollerus furrowed his brow, troubled to say the least. "What did you do...?!"

Not even responding to Ollerus, hoping that it will become self-explanatory soon enough, her wish indeed came true. Suddenly, all around the group, from both sides, swarms of armed soldiers rushed into the room, all aiming guns intently at everyone. Shocked at the sudden appearance of them, Ollerus could only step back. It would have been no consequence to wipe them all out with his power, and even the power of everyone else around, if it was just a few fries with guns, but the only thing that gave him pause in that moment was the sight of the two who led the charge of soldiers.

image.png

"Freeze! You're surrounded! Stand down immediately, or we will open fire!" Doppo Kunikida shouted, his hand fixated on the notebook strapped to his hip.

"Oh, good, we've got backup. It isn't like you to make an oversight like thi--" Fiamma of the Right spoke, before stopping dead in his tracks when the other person next to Doppo spoke.

"Be careful! They somehow managed to get a hold of Commander Othinus!" Kyoko Kirigiri exclaimed, brandishing her own weapon. The realization of how the multiverse had been altered was enough cause for Touma to feel his heart drop and the rest of his body feel as though it had been washed over with an icy wave.

"K-Kirigiri?! What are you talking about?! What's goi--?!"

kiri017.png

"Do as the man says," Kyoko said forcefully, gesturing toward Doppo, "There will not be a second request."

Vp6YbX3.png

View attachment 3355

Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky
@Everybody

Seeing that Othinus was Ignoring her, Schala sighed... Sitting down as she closed her eyes, beginning to try and wipe her feelings away... Just like she did the first time she had been trapped in a void.

"If your goal is to break us... To break me... To break us... Even if you do succeed... You'll eventually grow bored, won't you? When you're control of everything... There's little surprise left anymore... Once we are gone." She said.

It seemed that she had abandoned her emotions in favor of proving the point she was trying to make towards Othinus.

When the multiverse was created again, Schala refused to let any feelings seep through... Closing off her heart as she brought out the feelings that once consumed her when she was still a prisoner of Lavos.

"Othinus controls our past... Our present... And our future. They are... What she makes them to be now..." She said quietly, mostly to the group.

Looking up at the members of the Coalition, now looking towards her group in fear... With the exception of Othinus, she sighed, shaking her head.

"Our memories are not the same as yours... ... We don't remember what we did..." She said, a hint of sadness creeping into her voice.

Despite her best efforts, she could never truly detach herself completely from her emotions, like Jiren, or Toppo had... But... Nevertheless, she wasn't about to stand here and take it.

Yes, in this reality, they were the villains... But... As long as she still had the freedom to choose, she might be able to change this... Assuming Othinus didn't just hijack their future at the last second.

"But... Perhaps it doesn't matter... ... Now that our freedom to choose... Is but... ... An illusion." She added, her gaze turning to Othinus briefly.

Not so much to guage the Magic God's reaction, but to ascertain if or win she would make more alterations to this 'reality', in hopes of drawing a stronger reaction in all likelihood.​

Rita Hanson

Rita caught on to what Schala was doing and also casted a sad look. " I don't remember what we did either. It's all a big blank, everything is so confusing. But I've always believe that if I make mistakes, I should set them right." She watched Othinus to see her reaction.

@York @Ver

"We don't remember anything because we didn't do anything," Libra muttered to the two girls. "Othinus is constructing a Multiverse in which we are traitors who killed Makoto. It's cruel, but I beg you, do not let it get to you. If she wants to paint us as villains in this world, I suggest we play the part. It's far easier than letting her attempts to tear us apart get under our skin."

@Lucky @York @Ver @Jeremi @Minerva

"We don't remember anything because we didn't do anything," Libra muttered to the two girls. "Othinus is constructing a Multiverse in which we are traitors who killed Makoto. It's cruel, but I beg you, do not let it get to you. If she wants to paint us as villains in this world, I suggest we play the part. It's far easier than letting her attempts to tear us apart get under our skin."

"Oh right I've been meaning to ask,"
Jolyne turned back to speak to Libra and the others as she waited for a reaction from Wanda. "Makoto who?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @York @Ver @Jeremi @Minerva

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at Libra with a knowing look in her eyes. She understood what Othinus was trying to do and she also knew that it was better to pretend the narrative was confusing then admit the lie. " I Really wish someone could remind us how we killed that person, who is that person actually?" she replied. It would be better if they could understand how they had killed the person to poke holes then to just go along with it.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @York @Ver @Minerva

Vp6YbX3.png

View attachment 3355

"Same parents."
"Same childhood."
"Just a bit different..."

"Just like us. Try as we might, we can't escape the multiverse's fate for us, can we?"

"Hey! I didn't kill anybody, you stupid witch!!!" Severa began banging on the walls of the barrier. "Put me down RIGHT NOW!!!"

"............" Ah. So this was the truth that Othinus had decided to make reality in her new world. Should it truly bother him? Make him feel miserable? No. That was what she wanted, after all. He needed to look at things from a different perspective if they wanted to beat Othinus, if he didn't want this to affect him as she hoped it would. It was like playing a game of pretend with a child. And if his role in this game was to be the villain, well...

"Yes, it WAS rather foolish to trust us, wasn't it?" Libra gazed out amongst his former allies. True, this did hurt a bit, but he had to convince himself to think differently. This is all a game, this is all a game...you don't mean this, it's a game, it's a game... "I'm sure your beloved Commander Othinus has said many...kind things about us all to you. And fear not, Wanda; I have no interest in harming any more of your number."

He smiled, but he was working himself up for what he was about to say.

View attachment 3356

"Knowing that you'll all live the rest of your miserable little lives never able to bring your precious Makoto back is more than satisfactory for me."

"Then we might as well fill our role. Libra's doing it."

Mason stepped towards the edge if the barrier and glared at Wanda Maximoff.

"You may have us trapped, but it matters not. We've already done our damage. The despair of poor Makoto's loss is already infecting your hearts. There's nothing you can do."

"But why do you care so much about a foolish man obsessed with hope? Really, Kirigiri, a woman like you could have done so much better."

"Oh, that's right, Jolyne. You never got to meet him," Libra replied. An idea came to him, and he looked over to Kyoko with another smile. If he just didn't think of her as Kyoko, it was all right. She was just an extension of Othinus, an instrument of torture. He had to think like that, as much as he didn't want to. He had to, and he would pray for forgiveness later...if his Gods were still there after all of this.

"Perhaps you could tell us more about him, Kyoko? I recall the two of you were close."

@Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Alex Azure @Minerva

"I knew that, Othinus," Brainstorm says as Othinus speaks about how they attacked their fellow Coalition members because they saw them as 'fakes'.

"Skree-ee-ee~!" the little Eevee struggled in the webs, seeming to smirk while trapped, as if something was up.

"Spider Gwendolyn! That is my animalistic compatriot!" Brainstorm shouts to the spider. "Hmmm... I have always wanted to test out a spider vs spider sce-"

That was when Wanda showed up and mentioned that they killed one of them.

"Killed? Prepo-"

He turns to Mason & Libra playing along.

pdzZEl4.jpg

"-sitional. Ahahaha! Mwahahahahaha! So, pray tell, which one of us, precisely, extinguished his flame of hope? I find it prepostrous that it would be an entire group of such a size...

... you're not saying it's every single one of us, is it?"

@Ver @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva

"Dear me, I suppose it really was the latter of the two, Ms. Maximoff," Othinus said to Wanda in reference to whether the group cared enough to recall the supposed act of killing Makoto, prompting an angry scowl from the Scarlet Witch as she managed to use her power to safely extract Kyoko and Doppo from the clutches of everyone, just in time for them to gather their bearings, safely landing beneath the barrier in the air.

Indeed, the Magic God seemed to draw some degree of amusement from the varied responses of the group, between attempting to play along or not even able to remember Makoto.

"I care not for what you have to say," Wanda said to Jolyne and Ermes, "If you think you can trick me again, then you've got another thing coming."

"Yes, yes, indeed. Perhaps you came back here to finish the job, assassinate Kyoko and Doppo while you were at it," Othinus spoke, playing along with the game that she had created. "But we were waiting for you."

image.png

"Tch... What a pain..." Doppo grunted as he shook himself back to alert, rubbing his temple briefly, "Take them to the holding cells, Ms. Maximoff. I imagine they'll be much more comfortable there."

With that, Wanda was on her way while Gwen and the other members recovered from the retaliation from before, with Kyoko and Doppo following Wanda. During the trip, none of the three felt inclined to respond to the group's requests, as though feeling that they were mocking them, only getting so much from Kyoko.

kiri050.png

"You... You all really don't care about what you've done, have you? And now you're asking me to relive those memories. The day of your betrayal, his screams as you all took turns torturing him..." Kyoko only said with an uncharacteristically shaky voice, as though the event of Makoto's death had truly, without a doubt, hurt her. She could hardly say anything more at that moment, until they finally reached their destination; the Holding Cells.

Plopping the entire group into one notably sized cell, dissipating the magical barrier only to replace it with another shield at the cell's entrance, glowing blue with the touch of a panel, the four individuals glowered at the group visibly with pure contempt. After a brief silence, Wanda spoke up first.

"I'll go contact Waller and Mr. Aquilus. They'll be pleased to know that we've detained the moles who leaked classified information to the Revanchist," she said, before walking off, casually dropping another bomb about what everyone had supposedly done in this new multiverse, as dictated by Othinus.

As she left, leaving Doppo, Kyoko, and "Commander Othinus" there, the lavender-haired maiden stepped forward, looking at everyone with a quivering brow, as though she were visibly struggling to keep composed, even though in the previous multiverse, such composure seemed second nature to her.

"You... Do any of you regret it? Torturing someone who once trusted you like that... Forcing him to die slowly and painfully... Didn't you regret any of it for just one second?! We were supposed to be allies...!" Doppo shouted angrily, banging his fist against the wall.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

Libra looked at Doppo, considering him. Only mere hours ago they had carried on a pleasant conversation, and now...now everything had been hideously twisted. And it was all because of her.

So, Libra gave Doppo a smile, and responded accordingly with his new role. "I regret many things, Doppo...but I can't regret any of this." And that was the truth. He couldn't regret what he hadn't done.

"Oh, shut up!" Severa barked back, taking a seat by the wall with her arms crossed. "Where's Touma, anyway? He had better be here, or I actually WILL kill somebody!" She hadn't seen him come with them, so she just wanted to make sure he wasn't hurt or anything, y'know?

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

"Dear me, I suppose it really was the latter of the two, Ms. Maximoff," Othinus said to Wanda in reference to whether the group cared enough to recall the supposed act of killing Makoto, prompting an angry scowl from the Scarlet Witch as she managed to use her power to safely extract Kyoko and Doppo from the clutches of everyone, just in time for them to gather their bearings, safely landing beneath the barrier in the air.

Indeed, the Magic God seemed to draw some degree of amusement from the varied responses of the group, between attempting to play along or not even able to remember Makoto.

"I care not for what you have to say," Wanda said to Jolyne and Ermes, "If you think you can trick me again, then you've got another thing coming."

"Yes, yes, indeed. Perhaps you came back here to finish the job, assassinate Kyoko and Doppo while you were at it," Othinus spoke, playing along with the game that she had created. "But we were waiting for you."

image.png

"Tch... What a pain..." Doppo grunted as he shook himself back to alert, rubbing his temple briefly, "Take them to the holding cells, Ms. Maximoff. I imagine they'll be much more comfortable there."

With that, Wanda was on her way while Gwen and the other members recovered from the retaliation from before, with Kyoko and Doppo following Wanda. During the trip, none of the three felt inclined to respond to the group's requests, as though feeling that they were mocking them, only getting so much from Kyoko.

kiri050.png

"You... You all really don't care about what you've done, have you? And now you're asking me to relive those memories. The day of your betrayal, his screams as you all took turns torturing him..." Kyoko only said with an uncharacteristically shaky voice, as though the event of Makoto's death had truly, without a doubt, hurt her. She could hardly say anything more at that moment, until they finally reached their destination; the Holding Cells.

Plopping the entire group into one notably sized cell, dissipating the magical barrier only to replace it with another shield at the cell's entrance, glowing blue with the touch of a panel, the four individuals glowered at the group visibly with pure contempt. After a brief silence, Wanda spoke up first.

"I'll go contact Waller and Mr. Aquilus. They'll be pleased to know that we've detained the moles who leaked classified information to the Revanchist," she said, before walking off, casually dropping another bomb about what everyone had supposedly done in this new multiverse, as dictated by Othinus.

As she left, leaving Doppo, Kyoko, and "Commander Othinus" there, the lavender-haired maiden stepped forward, looking at everyone with a quivering brow, as though she were visibly struggling to keep composed, even though in the previous multiverse, such composure seemed second nature to her.

"You... Do any of you regret it? Torturing someone who once trusted you like that... Forcing him to die slowly and painfully... Didn't you regret any of it for just one second?! We were supposed to be allies...!" Doppo shouted angrily, banging his fist against the wall.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

Ermes just gave Scarlet Witch an exacerbated. "Okay..." Clearly in this new multiverse everyone was also a stubborn ass.

Jolyne was doing her best to hold the laughter in but when Doppo started on his little spiel she couldn't hold it anymore. "Hahahaha oh my God! Do you even hear yourself talk? First of all don't think I've ever seen your boss in my life. Second of all took turns torturing him? Watch him die slowly and painfully? Maybe instead of being an over dramatic idiot you'd bring someone here so that you'd find out the real story behind it all." Leaning closer to the shield as she continued. "Unless of course...you can't actually handle the truth? We were sworn to secrecy about it and you're putting the entire mission in jeopardy. About what actually happened to..." She looked behind her to Ermes who worded out Makoto's name to her before turning back towards Doppo with a sly grin. "Makoto."

image.png

kiri050.png

Feeling that he still needed to think, Ben maintained his Brainstorm transformation.

dviXG3a.jpg

"Wait, all of us did that? This doesn't make a lick of sense. Those methods are highly inefficient. We're actually insulted, you know that? Insulted that you would suggest that we made our job slow, that we made our job fun. We don't work slow & fun, I would have you know!"

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

Rita Hanson

Rita caught on to what Schala was doing and also casted a sad look. " I don't remember what we did either. It's all a big blank, everything is so confusing. But I've always believe that if I make mistakes, I should set them right." She watched Othinus to see her reaction.

@York @Ver

"Oh right I've been meaning to ask," Jolyne turned back to speak to Libra and the others as she waited for a reaction from Wanda. "Makoto who?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @York @Ver @Jeremi @Minerva
Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at Libra with a knowing look in her eyes. She understood what Othinus was trying to do and she also knew that it was better to pretend the narrative was confusing then admit the lie. " I Really wish someone could remind us how we killed that person, who is that person actually?" she replied. It would be better if they could understand how they had killed the person to poke holes then to just go along with it.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @York @Ver @Minerva
"Same parents."
"Same childhood."
"Just a bit different..."

"Just like us. Try as we might, we can't escape the multiverse's fate for us, can we?"

"Then we might as well fill our role. Libra's doing it."

Mason stepped towards the edge if the barrier and glared at Wanda Maximoff.

"You may have us trapped, but it matters not. We've already done our damage. The despair of poor Makoto's loss is already infecting your hearts. There's nothing you can do."

"But why do you care so much about a foolish man obsessed with hope? Really, Kirigiri, a woman like you could have done so much better."

"Oh, that's right, Jolyne. You never got to meet him," Libra replied. An idea came to him, and he looked over to Kyoko with another smile. If he just didn't think of her as Kyoko, it was all right. She was just an extension of Othinus, an instrument of torture. He had to think like that, as much as he didn't want to. He had to, and he would pray for forgiveness later...if his Gods were still there after all of this.

"Perhaps you could tell us more about him, Kyoko? I recall the two of you were close."

@Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Alex Azure @Minerva
"I knew that, Othinus," Brainstorm says as Othinus speaks about how they attacked their fellow Coalition members because they saw them as 'fakes'.

"Skree-ee-ee~!" the little Eevee struggled in the webs, seeming to smirk while trapped, as if something was up.

"Spider Gwendolyn! That is my animalistic compatriot!" Brainstorm shouts to the spider. "Hmmm... I have always wanted to test out a spider vs spider sce-"

That was when Wanda showed up and mentioned that they killed one of them.

"Killed? Prepo-"

He turns to Mason & Libra playing along.

pdzZEl4.jpg

"-sitional. Ahahaha! Mwahahahahaha! So, pray tell, which one of us, precisely, extinguished his flame of hope? I find it prepostrous that it would be an entire group of such a size...

... you're not saying it's every single one of us, is it?"

@Ver @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva

image.png

kiri050.png

Libra looked at Doppo, considering him. Only mere hours ago they had carried on a pleasant conversation, and now...now everything had been hideously twisted. And it was all because of her.

So, Libra gave Doppo a smile, and responded accordingly with his new role. "I regret many things, Doppo...but I can't regret any of this." And that was the truth. He couldn't regret what he hadn't done.

"Oh, shut up!" Severa barked back, taking a seat by the wall with her arms crossed. "Where's Touma, anyway? He had better be here, or I actually WILL kill somebody!" She hadn't seen him come with them, so she just wanted to make sure he wasn't hurt or anything, y'know?

Ermes just gave Scarlet Witch an exacerbated. "Okay..." Clearly in this new multiverse everyone was also a stubborn ass.

Jolyne was doing her best to hold the laughter in but when Doppo started on his little spiel she couldn't hold it anymore. "Hahahaha oh my God! Do you even hear yourself talk? First of all don't think I've ever seen your boss in my life. Second of all took turns torturing him? Watch him die slowly and painfully? Maybe instead of being an over dramatic idiot you'd bring someone here so that you'd find out the real story behind it all." Leaning closer to the shield as she continued. "Unless of course...you can't actually handle the truth? We were sworn to secrecy about it and you're putting the entire mission in jeopardy. About what actually happened to..." She looked behind her to Ermes who worded out Makoto's name to her before turning back towards Doppo with a sly grin. "Makoto."

Feeling that he still needed to think, Ben maintained his Brainstorm transformation.

dviXG3a.jpg

"Wait, all of us did that? This doesn't make a lick of sense. Those methods are highly inefficient. We're actually insulted, you know that? Insulted that you would suggest that we made our job slow, that we made our job fun. We don't work slow & fun, I would have you know!"

Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Minerva @Lucky
@Everybody

"The words that become deleted... The thoughts that become buried... The pool of cells that slowly evaporate... The echoes of consciousness that slowly fade... Because in the end... The future refused to change..."

"I wish I could do it all over again... Done something... Said something differently... But... Would it have mattered in the end? Is this our destiny?"

Schala seemed to be ignoring Othinus now, looking towards Kyoko, and Doppo... A glint of sadness in her eyes again.

"I can't even... Remember what I... What we did..." She said, shaking her head.

"Do what you wish with me... Punish me for the deeds I have done... ... Though I cannot remember my past here... In this reality... I take full responsibility..." She added.

Perhaps this was penance for her failure, or perhaps she wanted to prove Othinus wrong in some way.

Even if her efforts were futile, even if their decisions from here on may not matter anymore... She was willing to find some way... Any way... To defy Othinus' expectations, from putting them into this situation, where they were the enemy to the Coalition now... In the eyes of Kyoko, Doppo, and the others... They were the traitors.

In a way... They had taken Jiren's place... And committed a much greater atrocity than he ever could have, without even realizing it themselves.​

"That'll be enough."

A voice pierced through from the back of the horde. Splitting the sea of people before him, Giorno Giovanna breached the tide and emerged at the helm of the group, his arms laying motionless by his waist. The boy of golden hair stood next to Jolyne, resting a hand on her shoulder and shaking his head. His eyes were dry - practically lifeless, even. The ever-radiant, flaming suns of resolve that they once were has completely burned out...

... That is, if Jolyne couldn't tell that his expression was utter bullshit. But, she's a smart girl, isn't she? Giorno shot her a brief wink, before looking to Doppo and seamlessly transitioning back into a stony, malicious glare.

"We all have to make sacrifices to achieve our ambitions, Doppo. If you found out about all this earlier... maybe things would have turned out differently."

tumblr_static_6o386m14rv4soc84ggcsco0sg.png

"...and wait for an opening," a second, deeper voice completed the sentence. Jotaro Kujo arose from the depths of the crowd, walking forward and joining his daughter and Giorno at the helm of the group, holding his hat and sighing. "Good grief... this only makes things harder for the both of us. But, really, I'm not worried."

"Even we know when it's best to, ah..." Giorno exchanged looks between Jolyne and Jotaro, "Admit defeat."

"For now, anyway," Jotaro's eyes slowly drifted up towards 'Commander Othinus'. "But, once the opening is clear... we'll still win, in the end."

"That is the test of our resolve. The 'truth' will always win in the end. It's impossible for any of you to understand it now... at least, in this reality, but..."

Giorno's voice rose high above the crowd, reaching out to everyone in the room like a message of sorts.

70f5ea6e9bca136fed8036a62cedc15e.png

"We are on the side of Truth. Never forget that."

Giorno peacefully crossed his arms behind his back, while Jotaro dug his hands into his coat as the two Joestar's concluded their brief tirade in silence. Giorno and Jotaro silently stood before the Coalition like prisoners sentenced to hang.

Yet, as they patiently awaited for their 'execution', their contemptuous eyes remained locked on to Othinus; like daggers pinning a piece of paper to the wall.

Hope lives and dies, coming and going like a brief wind, but the Truth is on its approach. A train building speed, with no stops and no detours, rumbling on against the will of a Magic God.

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody​

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964326.jpg

"I'm right here... Ow,"
Touma grunted as Severa questioned where he was, rubbing his head briefly. "Were you really that worried about me?" He asked in a lightly sheepish manner, despite the gravity of the situation they were in.

"You think this is some sort of game?! Ambitions?! Fun?!" Doppo yelled to those who responded, notably Ben, Jolyne, and Giorno, whom Doppo had little context for what he truly meant, though Othinus only scoffed to the young don.

"Perhaps you are right. Perhaps the truth is what will always come out in the end. But you are forgetting one thing, Giorno Giovanna. Truth is dictated by the victors, not the ones locked in a cage," Othinus spoke haughtily.

"And I am the one who decides what is the truth now. And so long as I hold your Arrow in my possession, you are utterly powerless. Like an ant fighting the sun. Anything you do will be... What was it your father would say? Useless, useless, useless..."

kiri011.png

Meawhile, Kyoko placed her gloved hand on the shield that separated her and the group, giving shaky breaths. "Mason... Libra... Schala... Why? Why did you do it? All of you? Killing Makoto... Defecting to the Revanchist... We know it's nothing to do with mind control or brainwashing, so... You all chose this path of your own volition," she spoke softly, looking down at the ground.

"Where did I go wrong? This... None of this had to go the way it did. What was it that I did that could have brought out such... hatred, such contempt, that you would do this to me? To the Coalition. Please, I have to know..." She put her hand to her chest, to her heart, as though wanting to know the truth more than anything. At least, what she perceived to be the truth here. Here and now, the Ultimate Detective could not fathom their "betrayal."

"Mason... Was it the civil war that jaded you to everything? Libra... Was it the woman you met during the Faust Incident? Did the Revanchist promise to save her in exchange for your betrayal? All because of our multiverse directive? Schala... What did you see on Ash that drove you to this kind of despair and nihilism? I... I have to know! Was it my fault?!" She exclaimed, displaying more emotion than she usually did in her words than ever before.

@Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

"I'm right here... Ow,"
Touma grunted as Severa questioned where he was, rubbing his head briefly. "Were you really that worried about me?" He asked in a lightly sheepish manner, despite the gravity of the situation they were in.

"You think this is some sort of game?! Ambitions?! Fun?!" Doppo yelled to those who responded, notably Ben, Jolyne, and Giorno, whom Doppo had little context for what he truly meant, though Othinus only scoffed to the young don.

"Perhaps you are right. Perhaps the truth is what will always come out in the end. But you are forgetting one thing, Giorno Giovanna. Truth is dictated by the victors, not the ones locked in a cage," Othinus spoke haughtily.

"And I am the one who decides what is the truth now. And so long as I hold your Arrow in my possession, you are utterly powerless. Like an ant fighting the sun. Anything you do will be... What was it your father would say? Useless, useless, useless..."

kiri011.png

Meawhile, Kyoko placed her gloved hand on the shield that separated her and the group, giving shaky breaths. "Mason... Libra... Schala... Why? Why did you do it? All of you? Killing Makoto... Defecting to the Revanchist... We know it's nothing to do with mind control or brainwashing, so... You all chose this path of your own volition," she spoke softly, looking down at the ground.

"Where did I go wrong? This... None of this had to go the way it did. What was it that I did that could have brought out such... hatred, such contempt, that you would do this to me? To the Coalition. Please, I have to know..." She put her hand to her chest, to her heart, as though wanting to know the truth more than anything. At least, what she perceived to be the truth here. Here and now, the Ultimate Detective could not fathom their "betrayal."

"Mason... Was it the civil war that jaded you to everything? Libra... Was it the woman you met during the Faust Incident? Did the Revanchist promise to save her in exchange for your betrayal? All because of our multiverse directive? Schala... What did you see on Ash that drove you to this kind of despair and nihilism? I... I have to know! Was it my fault?!" She exclaimed, displaying more emotion than she usually did in her words than ever before.

@Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

Sighing, Chise lifted her head to tiredly look at Doppo, Kyoko and Othinus.

"Whatever game you assume we think it is isn't a fun one." She muttered to Doppo, while Ruth toom on his more human form. Looking just as tired as Chise.

images

"How long do you plan to stand there and question us?" He spoke to Doppo specifically, since Kyoko was busy speaking to Mason, Schala and Libra at the moment. They were going in circles, and this guilt tripping wasn't going to work. Not when Chise felt so tired and numb both inside and out, which effected Ruth's mood just slightly.

@Ver @Yun Lee

"I'm right here... Ow,"

kiri011.png

QQi3a4A.jpg

"Woah, he is something," Brainstorm says is response to Doppo's exclamations. "Well, let's move on, shall we?"

Brainstorm rises up, his arthropod feet tapping upon the floors and approaching the barriers of the prison to near Kyoko.

"I can tolerate people saying that about me, but no one says that about my friends and..."

Brainstorm scratches his head as he shifts to a light, heavenly smile for a short period of time.

"... friends.

I have seen Mason - even after the incident you have mentioned, he was still happy, jolly, filled with jokes and laugh.

Libra's faith is too strong to fall for that... isn't that right, Libra?

Schala... Schala is much stronger than that which you have suggested. mentally and physically. She has seen many things, I even saw them with her once. She isn't that much of a pushover, I will have you know. It's not easy to sway her just like that. And I...

You are correct, none of this had to go the way it did. I have to thank you for clinging onto your hope for my friends and I. You truly are a noble person, as my grandfather had said. But can you really handle the truth, Kirigiri Kyoko? Can you?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back