Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, no you don't!" Grabbing her patient by the shoulders, Severa brought him back down onto the makeshift cushion. "You relax! Jeez, haven't you helped us more than enough already?! Haven't you earned SOME rest?!"

Thankfully Schala appeared to try and heal Touma. "Let's hope that stupid arm actually LETS you get healed this time. And then-" She stopped midsentence as a certain priest went flying above them into numerous Ben copies. "WOOHOO! Someone got hurt! FINALLY!!" She grabbed her staff and pointed to Schala. "Keep him from doing anything reckless, okay? But I gotta go...it's showtime!" And with that, she was off.

"Ugh..." Libra's head was pounding as he crashed to the ground. Blast...even with their newfound powers, DIO was still a force to be reckoned with! He would need to rethink his strategy...but Gods, his head...

"BE HEALED!!!"

Oh!

A wave of relief hit Libra, his pain completely gone now as if it had never happened. "Thank you, Severa," Libra said. "Though I believe I need to change my strategy..." If DIO were not dead yet, Libra would himself try to help...but perhaps someone had better knowledge of vampires?

"Ben," Libra said, flying up next to the Omnitrix user. "Do you know how to kill a vampire? Those people from Avalon...they said they had killed DIO and framed you for it."

@Ver @Crow @York @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody
"The World Over Heaven!"

Will's bolts managed to hit DIO square in his chest, visibly bruising him as he was knocked back some, but caught another wind as she bolted toward him, sending rapid-fire punches to clash against Will and contend with her, before taking his chance to grab her by the head, lift her up, and slam her into the concrete of the rooftop!

Continuing to abuse the power of Reality Overwrite in his hands, as Ben launched Gae Bolg right at him, The World Over Heaven then proceeded to thrust its fist at the spear, the blade penetrating into his hand! However, as it had made contact with the power of Reality Overwrite, just as what happened when Leivinia created an inferior copy of Gungnir, the spear that was made to pierce through anything it hit couldn't quite reach his heart as it was made to, even as the spikes that formed inside his hand were able to disable him for the time being, causing him to reel in pain, giving Dlanor and Willard the opportunity to attack him successfully.

Still, he persevered, fueled by his sheer ambition as he used his Stand's arm to swipe at the air to dispel Pesky Dust's illusions, breaking through them easily! As Toppo followed up with his own assault, DIO rushed forward to match it, using the same arm to meet Toppo's fist, the sheer force between both of their punches creating a powerful sonic explosion of which the impact forced both of them back.

For the briefest of moments given some breathing space, DIO grabbed Gae Bolg lodged from within his hand and tossed it aside, slowly but surely becoming worse for wear.

"I care not for your gods! Even they will prove to be little more than dogs to be put down before the might of I, DIO!"

. . .

Just as with Severa, Schala's attempts to heal Touma were a bit hampered by the boy's own negating powers, but it wasn't entirely fruitless as he continued attempting to get back onto his feet, even after Severa had admonished him for trying to do so in the first place. "I... We need to hurry! We can't keep this fight up... for much longer!" He exclaimed, letting out a pained groan as he stumbled once again to his knees, but it seemed that at least now, he was able to stand up for at least a second.

@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody
Jordshan picked up two of the three remaing AP Missiles from their launchers "DIO!" Jordshan yelled as she leaped towards him with a missile in each hand. "Take this, you son of a Hutt!" she added as she tries to sandwich his head with the two missiles.\

"We do not have to, focus everything you got onto him and he will succumb. No one is invincible. Some are just really hard to kill."
Mason's aura bursted outwards and surrounded him in a brilliant, royal purple blaze. Power coursed through his veins, the likes of which he'd never felt before. An old promise echoed in his mind.

"Follow the hero's journey and you can receive the power of a god."

A promise denied, broken by a goddess and her efforts to revive Macy, finally became fulfilled. The glowing light of his soul slowly shifted. The royal purple burnt away, and in its ashes was a bright fiery orange. His feet slowly lifted off the ground. Bright orange wings sprouted in three pairs: one from his back and one from each of his ankles. He held out his hand and in it appeared a shining golden staff, wrapped in the coiling shape of a snake. He swung the staff, getting a feel for its weight and leaving behind a trail of golden aura. He released a gutteral roar and his aura blazed higher, like a bonfire.

"This is the kind of power I've been waiting for! Let's go, full force! All-Out Attack!"

As a test of his heightened powers, Mason waved the staff. Circling around DIO, a ring of giant floating skulls appeared, which began firing upon him at regulat intervals.

Macy felt a surge of power inside herself as well, but if they couldn't take any damage, what could she even do? She remained on the ground, cheering the group on, until something came flying her way, which she easily caught.

"Back in his brain?"
"Have her back in here?"

"Why would I ever do that," the twins said with a joking smile. They looked towards each other and gave each other a confident nod. Macy quickly put the earring on her left ear, and Mason more hesitantly put one on his right.

"Earrings aren't really my style," Mason mumbled before the two suddenly had their bodies rocket towards each other. In a bright flash of light, the two fused into one form.

Bright blue hair cascaded down past emerald eyes, reaching mid-back and curling around the body dramatically. A light, slender frame floated in the air, clothed in a white dress with a red coat overlaid. Red gloves wrapped around a reforemed golden staff, now wrapped with twin snakes. A purple glow surrounded this new body, and along with it were the wings Mason had made before, but back in purple flavor. Their voice spoke, sounding not quite like either of their components.

"Woah... Together again like never before. Macy and Mason... Macyson... Masony... Ah, to hell with it. Just call me Mace!"

"Can't have our Imagine Breaker out commission! Don't worry, Severa sweetie. I got this," Mace said as they flew gently down next to Touma. Waving their caduceus staff, they sent a wave of golden aura unto Touma, surrounding him in a spherical protective barrier.

"Healing may not work out, but at least we can keep you safe. I'll try to clear a path to DIO. We'll take this fucker down."

Mace rose back into the air, getting closer to the fray around DIO. Twirling around in the air, they sent out orbs of purple aura that hung still in the air. Satisfied with the number of orbs, they took a moment to taunt their opponent.

"The power of life, the power to make. Put them together and what do we take? The real Magic God, some might say, is the friends that we made along the way!" They tossed their staff into the sky, gave a loud clap, and caught it again. The orbs around them changed shape, shifting into likenesses of people Mason and Macy had met along their journeys through the multiverse.

A robot with a heart. A skeleton with humor. A vampire, a werewolf, an angel, and a psychic. A huntress with a scythe. A soldier with a secret. A boy with special sight and a penchant for cutting lines. A tactician with a tome. A dragon with a sword.

Each of these copies under Mason's power would have been lifeless, immobile, and unable to fight. With the divine power of Star Platinum The World Over Heaven and the fusion of Macy's healing art, these aura-formed warriors sprung to life. "Charge!" Mace cried, sending the copies flying forward through the air, towards DIO. Each form gave its own attack relentlessly until it ran out of energy or could be destroyed.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @ York@Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody
"Let's see..." Ben ponders, "wooden stake to the heart, fire, holy water... garlic & sunlight at most weaken... OH, I see where this is going. I mean, if you're talking about the guys from the Lavos Incident, DIO was killed after his power was weakened. I could tap into Alien X's power to weaken it, or we could use another weakening agent, like say..."

The gigantic Ben lets a hand out towards the rising Touma, a hand that could easily fit him and a few others.

nqxAo60.jpg

"I'll take the backseat for now. I'll help you reach DIO, Touma, let me be your legs for a while. Severa, Schala, follow closely so you can continue to heal him...

... it's hero time."

4a0.gif

"Skree-ee-ee!"

Meanwhile, Buddy, out of his ball, was tapping into the potential of broken reality to boost his power. Taking advantage of the broken crossroads of time, he taps into abilities he could only dream to have in the future - a geyser of water, tipped with a great blaze and sparking lightning, topped with darkness, psychokinesis, frost, nature and moonlight, all aimed at DIO.
This would further rend reality apart, but what did he know?

S5sGq0M.png

"Eat this!" Grandpa Max exclaims as he unleashes a powerful energy blaster at DIO's face.

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @Alex Azure @etcetcetc​
"What do you hope to accomplish without Gungnir anyway? All your boasting is totally empty."

Though she spoke down to DIO, Leivinia hadn't been able to attack for a little while. Something like that divine imitation technique couldn't be used rapidly. But to begin with, she never planned on repeating that attack. As Ollerus had mentioned, that would just end up destroying reality as they knew it anyway. There was no point in winning if she'd end up destroying her own world in the process.

Besides, she'd already made her mark with that first attack.

Leivinia began to move, her white summoned explosions surrounding DIO. With a twirl of her wand, a stream of flames that formed into a wall soon soared towards him as well. Then a sword of wind flew forward. Daggers formed of water and stone fell upon him.

Her spellslinging onslaught wasn't on par with the imitation Gungnir. However, empowered as it was by both the movements she'd practiced like a madwoman and the boost Star Platinum Over Heaven had given all of them, the magical energy she was able to output in these familiar, relatively tame attacks was still much higher than anything she could've managed before!

@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Ver @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody
"No need to spill my plans to an insect, especially not one at the edge of its pathetic life!" DIO exclaimed to Leivinia with an echoing roar, before clenching his fists once more.

"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!!"

To that end, DIO, sent on the defensive, continued to hold his own against the continued onslaught of the attacks against him, his rapid, lightspeed punches contending with everything that came his way as far as his limited Reality Overwrite would allow; Mace's and Leivinia's onslaughts, the blasts from Max, Buddy, Jordshan, Rita, and Phil, and the supporting explosions from Ollerus.

Opting to keep on the move, DIO directed The World Over Heaven to dig its thick fingers on both hands into the concrete of the rooftop that the group might have stood upon, lifting up the ground and hoping to trip up anyone who might have been nearby, before picking up the debris and throwing it at everyone!

KRSSSH!

As some of the debris crashed into Mace's barrier made for Touma, dissipating it thanks to the Stand's properties, Touma wiped at his face with his right hand, a determined look poised on his face.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964864.jpg

"I think... I think he's at his limit!" Touma said to everyone as he stumbled toward Ben's gigantic hand like a platform. "Just one more push! Give him everything you've got, guys! If we can keep him pinned for just one moment...!" He exclaimed, letting himself trailing off as he gazed down at his right hand, and the power within it, for a moment, before directing his gaze up to Ben.

"How well can you throw with his arm? I hope this is your pitching arm."

@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody
kmCbvRa.png

"I'm ambidexterous, Touma," Ben smiles as he grasps Touma in his hand, channeling magic through all parts of the Japanese high schooler's body except the right hand and the entirety of the right arm, just to be safe, with a special type of magic that was utilised in the formula of creating the replica Gae Bolg - specifically - Gae Bolg's ability to hit its target for certain, with the properties of the spearhead - the part that's supposed to hit the target - channeled into the left hand.

"Just make sure to put both hands out for this, Touma, kinda like one of those flying American superheroes, and try to make both hands hit the exact same target, but make sure neither directly touch. This is to make sure our plan has a 100% success rate, or as close to 100% as possible, whatever motivates us all."

Ben awaits the right time to throw, the right time to strike the opponent as everyone was striking DIO. Buddy, Grandpa Max, Mace & the others were all doing their best.

"Girls," Ben says to Schala & Severa, his eyes more particularly looking at the former, "take centre stage and go offensive on DIO. I'll take over from here. I'm counting on you two, and everyone for that matter"

The moment DIO was pinned, the moment DIO was overwhelmed by the wide array of attacks, Ben would say to Touma, "brace yourself, Touma. 1... 2... 10! Feel the wrath of the Toumahawk!"

latest

And after that, Ben tossed Touma towards DIO. If Touma did as advised, all would be according to plan, and he would whiz across the sky like a human throwing spear, the imbued properties within his body negating any bad luck he had and sending him straight for his target. No matter how much his route would bend to evade debris and collateral damage, his destination was set.

Alternatively you could intepret the part where he was being tossed like a spear as bad luck, but...

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @Alex Azure @Kaykay
Schala Zeal
@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

Schala was already one step ahead of Ben, and nodded... Having build up enough magical energy within her body for one last, strike against Dio, looking towards Severa, then Touma, and Ben, piecing together what the latter two had planned.

"Don't wait for me... Go... ... While this world still stands..." She said, a smile crossed her face as she unleashed another devastating magical attack.

Like before, the sky above changed... Rippling, distorting, but unlike before... It wasn't stained blood red... It looked almost like an eternal sunset of some kind.

Just like during her previous battles... With Jiren, and Othinus... She could feel that warmth in her chest... She could feel the heartbeats of everyone in the multiverse... Beating in unison.

A simple, yet strangely beautifull melody, composed of nothing more than seven notes pierced the air, as Dio suddenly felt his body constricted by numerous, invisible hands.

"... Do you hear it?... The song of life... The eternal dream I choose to protect..." She said quietly.

It was uncertain if her voice would ever reach Dio's ears, but she was too focused on her spell to really repeat herself.

Suddenly... A massive explosion, perhaps even bigger than the one managed from her daybreak spell appeared at the center of Dio's body... And even before the dust cleared... Another one occurred... And another one...

Though... Oddly enough, only Dio could see it, or feel it...

In a way... It was an illusory spell, a Phantasm that would hopefully buy Touma and Ben all the time that they needed. Though, due to the way reality has been torn by this point, even though it was an illusion... Even onlookers might be able to see whatever injuries Dio sustained from Schala's spell...

The spell was almost like recreating the effects of the Chrono Cross on what was left of Lavos... Over... And over, and over... And though it was going to cause great strain on Schala's mind and body... She just needed it to last long enough for Touma and Ben to finish this...​

Last edited:
Any more of DIO's debris would not reach the group, as Libra brought it to himself and set it up to orbit around him. Concentrating, Libra used his power over gravity to slowly increase the speed of tge orbit.

"Easy...easy..."

Faster it spun, faster, faster, faster.

"Oh Gods...please, be with us in this moment..."

Faster, faster, faster.

"Just a bit more..."

Faster.

"And..."

Terminal velocity had been acheived.

"HA!!!"

Shoving his hands outward, Libra sent the debris flying at DIO, its speed unwavering as if flew to tear the man apart.

Meanwhile, Severa flew from person to person, using her staff to heal anyone and everyone of any injuries they may have. "Hey! I think I'm getting the hang of this healing thing!"

@Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

"No need to spill my plans to an insect, especially not one at the edge of its pathetic life!" DIO exclaimed to Leivinia with an echoing roar, before clenching his fists once more.

"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!!"

To that end, DIO, sent on the defensive, continued to hold his own against the continued onslaught of the attacks against him, his rapid, lightspeed punches contending with everything that came his way as far as his limited Reality Overwrite would allow; Mace's and Leivinia's onslaughts, the blasts from Max, Buddy, Jordshan, Rita, and Phil, and the supporting explosions from Ollerus.

Opting to keep on the move, DIO directed The World Over Heaven to dig its thick fingers on both hands into the concrete of the rooftop that the group might have stood upon, lifting up the ground and hoping to trip up anyone who might have been nearby, before picking up the debris and throwing it at everyone!

KRSSSH!

As some of the debris crashed into Mace's barrier made for Touma, dissipating it thanks to the Stand's properties, Touma wiped at his face with his right hand, a determined look poised on his face.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964864.jpg

"I think... I think he's at his limit!" Touma said to everyone as he stumbled toward Ben's gigantic hand like a platform. "Just one more push! Give him everything you've got, guys! If we can keep him pinned for just one moment...!" He exclaimed, letting himself trailing off as he gazed down at his right hand, and the power within it, for a moment, before directing his gaze up to Ben.

"How well can you throw with his arm? I hope this is your pitching arm."

Will rose from the ground, growling as the pain etched itself across her face. Quintessence healed any scars or cuts she may have suffered, but she still felt the impact and hated DIO all the more for it. When the othes launched their attacks, Will followed suit, charging energy from the surrounding universe and forming it in to a straight beam that she fired right at DIO's body.

"You'll pay for that! Starting now!"

Leivinia kept up her magic, bombarding DIO while obliterating the debris that flew her way. Telesma and the elements assailed the vampire and various parts of the roof. As far as she could tell, keeping this up would be a lot easier for her than it was for him. Like Touma said, he was nearing his limit.

Though, she wasn't exactly sure she agreed with the next thing Touma did. Or perhaps, more accurately, Ben did.

"...Are you kidding me?"

She stared at the so-called "Toumahawk" in disbelief for a moment.

@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Ver @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

Phil Connors and Rita Hanson

" Well, time to go Matrix style on him then," he said, pulling his first two guns and shooting at Dio and then placing them back and doing a flip while drawing the other two guns and shooting some more at Dio while in mid-flip ala Matrix. When he landed, he would follow it with a few more shots.

Rita looked at her seven clones and made more. There were now twenty Ritas. "
Okay, Ritas, you all aim your electricity at him and I'm going to shot him with fire," she said, shocking herself and handing out all the weapons to the new clones and keeping the flame element to herself. She shot all of her weapons via the clones and the electricity all at Dia, making sure to avoid Toumahawk.

As the rest of the group converged in on DIO, Touma's body flew toward the stacked god with the help of Ben, his right hand -- the same one that was cut cleanly off his body just moments ago -- clenched tightly as he tried once again, this time his Imagine Breaker power imbued with the power of Over Heaven just as everyone else was. As DIO's Stand moved to counter, it lunged its arm forward, just as Touma shot his right arm forward, his fist clashing against The World Over Heaven's as he crashed in like a human rocket.

And as his Imagine Breaker made contact with the Stand, the spirit exploded on contact, once again without enough force to send Touma flying back, but this time, at least he seemed much better for wear than the last time he was forced back, skidding several feet back safely from DIO's range, as well as the crossfire from everyone behind.

In the aftermath of the small explosion, DIO gritted his teeth, moving to summon The World Over Heaven once again in the eve of the group's combined attacks as they finally came to him... only for his Stand to remain sealed, as though something had prevented him from summoning it again.

Something like an Imagine Breaker Over Heaven.

"What--?!" DIO could only exclaim to himself through gritted teeth and cocked eyebrows as he was unexpectedly left without any defense from the merciless barrage of attacks that came his way, letting out a guttural roar as he became victim to the attacks, bolstered by Jotaro's effects that they seemed enough to begin reverting DIO's form. Just as abruptly as he had ascended into Heaven with monstrously blue skin and longer hair, he began to revert to how he had looked previously, until one could dare say he looked even younger than he ever did.

tumblr_inline_n6ofc1_Tslb1qfstub.jpg

"No... This can't be! I, DIO, was supposed to rule the world! The multiverse!" He roared, reduced to having had his power be taken away as he struggled to even stand up on his own. "To be upended by stupid monkeys...! Unacceptable! I won't let that...!"

At the end of it all, one phrase cut through.

"The Strike That Ends Everything It Touches."

BOOM!

With the same crimson power that allowed him to create portals across different worlds emanating from his right hand, Fiamma of the Right dealt the final blow, casting his own offensive spell now that he had a wide berth to take the shot, and with that, DIO met his unceremonious end as his body exploded violently, shattering like glass before Fiamma of the Right's power, similar to how Othinus had killed Fiamma of the Right himself earlier, though the irony seemed lost on the magician himself, for reasons one could only presume.

To that end...

"We... We did it! He's dead!" Ollerus breathed in relief, "But... What about--?"

"Othinus!!"

Without wasting any time, as though DIO's defeat was the last thing on his mind, Touma called out to Othinus as she was the same as she had been left before, bleeding out on the ground with a well-sized hole in her chest. Miraculously, she seemed to still be alive in that moment, but it was difficult to tell for how much longer. At that moment, everyone would be able to feel their godly power, granted by Jotaro, beginning to fade away, as though having only lasted for as long as they needed to. Just as well, the rips in space began to automatically mend themselves, like order naturally being restored.

Making a choking sound as though she were gagging on her own blood, Othinus's body shivered, her one eye displaying an emotion she wasn't quite accustomed to. Fear. She weakly stretched her arm out to the empty air, letting out a soft, weak chuckle.

"So this is how it feels..." She uttered, finding difficulty in breathing for much longer, "Ah... At the end of everything... It was all for naught... for something I wanted to do... that I'd forgotten the reason for long ago... for nothing...?"

As the rest of the group converged in on DIO, Touma's body flew toward the stacked god with the help of Ben, his right hand -- the same one that was cut cleanly off his body just moments ago -- clenched tightly as he tried once again, this time his Imagine Breaker power imbued with the power of Over Heaven just as everyone else was. As DIO's Stand moved to counter, it lunged its arm forward, just as Touma shot his right arm forward, his fist clashing against The World Over Heaven's as he crashed in like a human rocket.

And as his Imagine Breaker made contact with the Stand, the spirit exploded on contact, once again without enough force to send Touma flying back, but this time, at least he seemed much better for wear than the last time he was forced back, skidding several feet back safely from DIO's range, as well as the crossfire from everyone behind.

In the aftermath of the small explosion, DIO gritted his teeth, moving to summon The World Over Heaven once again in the eve of the group's combined attacks as they finally came to him... only for his Stand to remain sealed, as though something had prevented him from summoning it again.

"What--?!" DIO could only exclaim to himself through gritted teeth and cocked eyebrows as he was unexpectedly left without any defense from the merciless barrage of attacks that came his way, letting out a guttural roar as he became victim to the attacks, bolstered by Jotaro's effects that they seemed enough to begin reverting DIO's form. Just as abruptly as he had ascended into Heaven with monstrously blue skin and longer hair, he began to revert to how he had looked previously, until one could dare say he looked even younger than he ever did.

"No... This can't be! I, DIO, was supposed to rule the world! The multiverse!" He roared, reduced to having had his power be taken away as he struggled to even stand up on his own. "To be upended by stupid monkeys...! Unacceptable! I won't let that...!"

BOOM!

With the same crimson power that allowed him to create portals across different worlds emanating from his right hand, Fiamma of the Right dealt the final blow, casting his own offensive spell now that he had a wide berth to take the shot, and with that, DIO met his unceremonious end as his body exploded violently, shattering like glass before Fiamma of the Right's power, similar to how Othinus had killed Fiamma of the Right himself earlier, though the irony seemed lost on the magician himself, for reasons one could only presume.

To that end...

"We... We did it! He's dead!" Ollerus breathed in relief, "But... What about--?"

"Othinus!!"

Without wasting any time, as though DIO's defeat was the last thing on his mind, Touma called out to Othinus as she was the same as she had been left before, bleeding out on the ground with a well-sized hole in her chest. Miraculously, she seemed to still be alive in that moment, but it was difficult to tell for how much longer. At that moment, everyone would be able to feel their godly power, granted by Jotaro, beginning to fade away, as though having only lasted for as long as they needed to. Just as well, the rips in space began to automatically mend themselves, like order naturally being restored.

Making a choking sound as though she were gagging on her own blood, Othinus's body shivered, her one eye displaying an emotion she wasn't quite accustomed to. Fear. She weakly stretched her arm out to the empty air, letting out a soft, weak chuckle.

"So this is how it feels..." She uttered, finding difficulty in breathing for much longer, "Ah... At the end of everything... It was all for naught... for something I wanted to do... that I'd forgotten the reason for long ago... for nothing...?"

"You're the only monkey here, DIO," Ben says as he begins to shrink back to his normal size, pressing the emblem on his chest to make it disappear, the Omnitrix reappearing on his arm, "and no more monkeys jumping on the bed."

He then realised.

ogFPbsc.png

"Othinus! You're still alive!" Ben ran towards her. "Even after this whole passage of time. Come on, you still have those Potara that Toppo left you, don't you? Give me the other, I'll preserve you, we can talk all the fancy you want after we get you patched up."

Ben's pet Buddy approached the fallen Othinus, seeming to worry.

fYPhc0c.png

"It's a good thing that everyone's doing what they can, but... what if, realistically speaking..."

Grandpa Max prepared for the worst.

@Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

Last edited:
"Aw, come on!" Severa held the staff, hoping that even with the power from Jotaro wearing off, she could at least heal Othinus. "You're gonna be okay! Come on...Gods, don't let me screw this up...UGH!" She shoved the staff back into Libra's hands. "I'm not trained in this without those stupid powers! Heal her NOW!!"

"Y-Yes! Of course..." Libra nodded, pulling himself together and beginning to heal Othinus...or at the very least try to. "Macy, Schala...if you would both be so kind as to aid me in this. I fear one person alone won't be able to heal this wound..."

@Ver @Alex Azure @York @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

BOOM!

To that end...

"Othinus!!"

"You're the only monkey here, DIO," Ben says as he begins to shrink back to his normal size, pressing the emblem on his chest to make it disappear, the Omnitrix reappearing on his arm, "and no more monkeys jumping on the bed."

He then realised.

ogFPbsc.png

"Othinus! You're still alive!" Ben ran towards her. "Even after this whole passage of time. Come on, you still have those Potara that Toppo left you, don't you? Give me the other, I'll preserve you, we can talk all the fancy you want after we get you patched up."

fYPhc0c.png

"It's a good thing that everyone's doing what they can, but... what if, realistically speaking..."

"Aw, come on!" Severa held the staff, hoping that even with the power from Jotaro wearing off, she could at least heal Othinus. "You're gonna be okay! Come on...Gods, don't let me screw this up...UGH!" She shoved the staff back into Libra's hands. "I'm not trained in this without those stupid powers! Heal her NOW!!"

"Y-Yes! Of course..." Libra nodded, pulling himself together and beginning to heal Othinus...or at the very least try to. "Macy, Schala...if you would both be so kind as to aid me in this. I fear one person alone won't be able to heal this wound..."

@Ver @Alex Azure @York @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

As their godly power faded, Mace floated gently down to the ground next to Othinus. The wings disappeared, as did the golden staff. At Libra's call for Macy's healing, they bent down and began trying to restore life to the dying Magic God.

They said, "No, Othinus. It won't be for nothing! Focus hard, remember what it was you were looking for. We'll help you find it, I swear! Just keep smiling! We'll make it through!"

BOOM!

To that end...

"Othinus!!"

Toppo dusted himself off, patting a thick cloud of dust from the tattered remains of his Kai robes. His Godly Dragon Fist Clash with DIO had proven to be a successful gambit, its energy cost proving to be a valuable investment. He had helped to soften DIO up, knocking him off guard in preparation for Touma and Ben's final play. All was right in the multiverse again.

Or to be more accurate, all was wrong again. For one brief, liberating moment, they had refilled pandora's box, only to pour its contents back into their world all over again. A sin by any other name was still a crime... yet why couldn't he bring himself to feel guilty? He smiled. Jiren was wrong after all. The ends didn't justify the means. The means justified the end. That struggle, that climb; that was what truly defined 'good'. It wasn't success. It wasn't good intentions. It was good, old-fashioned hard work, building value through sweat for the betterment of mankind. Maybe destroying Othinus' world had cost them more than they would like to have admitted, but at least its absence cleared the way for humanity to build an even greater world; A world not defined by Gods or Angels, but one built upon law and justice- true, grey justice.

Finally, Toppo thought to himself A Happy Ending...

Toppo glided to Othinus side, the last of his energies pulling his charred body back up to the rooftop

"Othinus... My dear, fallen God" He gifted her a squinting smile "You have earned your rest... There is nothing left to fear... You can pass on now, just as I passed on... Be at peace at last..." Letting his Ki flow through her, Toppo lent her the final scraps of his energy, not to save her, but to grant her his strength in her final moments. He had had the privilege of dying on his feet, surrounding his life in a moment of passion. It had all been so quick... But the fates had chosen to deny Othinus such a blessing. Passing on his power to her, he cast his eyes into hers "Even as we died a thousand vengeful deaths, you still showed us small flickers of mercy... I dept I repay to you now. I, Toppo, Hero of Freedom, Warrior of Pride and Heir to the God of Destruction, hereby pledge myself to you; just like the Dragon Spirit who lent me his strength, I shall grant you one wish. Tell me, Othinus... What is your last request? Whatever it may be, I will see it done. I will do whatever I can to make this easy from you. For though your body may die, your memory is immortal... it lives on each of us..."

@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
___________​

He then realised.

ogFPbsc.png

fYPhc0c.png

"Ben..." Toppo placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, speaking directly into his mind "I am sorry... But Portara places too much strain on the body... It would have saved her from the curse, but now... her injuries are too great. You Grandfather is right... The hardest truth for a Hero to accept as follows: not everyone can be saved. We do what we can. We win. We lose. We fight. We can save millions, but the hand of grief will never leave us. It's always there. It's the devil on our shoulders. It calls for us to fight. It calls for us to deny. It calls for us to sacrifice and to destroy and at give ourselves up to chaos... but we cannot give in to such evils. I know how hard this must be for you, Tennison... You should not experience such things so early into your youth. But now, after all is said and done, the greatest offering we can give to Othinus is ourselves. We can give her out pity. We can give her a place in our memories and within our hearts. Fate has chosen for her time to come tonight... and defying that will send us down a one-way street. An urge to defy nature sent Othinus down her dark path, and following her will not redeem her. Today, we fought to restore the natural order, and now we must accept it, in all its flaws. She does not have long, Ben... if there is anything you wish to say to her, say it now... for the world has chosen to give you this chance. Tell her you forgive her. Tell her it's all going to be okay. Show her the Hero you are. Take away her fear"

@Crow

Toppo dusted himself off, patting a thick cloud of dust from the tattered remains of his Kai robes. His Godly Dragon Fist Clash with DIO had proven to be a successful gambit, its energy cost proving to be a valuable investment. He had helped to soften DIO up, knocking him off guard in preparation for Touma and Ben's final play. All was right in the multiverse again.

Or to be more accurate, all was wrong again. For one brief, liberating moment, they had refilled pandora's box, only to pour its contents back into their world all over again. A sin by any other name was still a crime... yet why couldn't he bring himself to feel guilty? He smiled. Jiren was wrong after all. The ends didn't justify the means. The means justified the end. That struggle, that climb; that was what truly defined 'good'. It wasn't success. It wasn't good intentions. It was good, old-fashioned hard work, building value through sweat for the betterment of mankind. Maybe destroying Othinus' world had cost them more than they would like to have admitted, but at least its absence cleared the way for humanity to build an even greater world; A world not defined by Gods or Angels, but one built upon law and justice- true, grey justice.

Toppo glided to Othinus side, the last of his energies pulling his charred body back up to the rooftop

"Othinus... My dear, fallen God" He gifted her a squinting smile "You have earned your rest... There is nothing left to fear... You can pass on now, just as I passed on... Be at peace at last..." Letting his Ki flow through her, Toppo lent her the final scraps of his energy, not to save her, but to grant her his strength in her final moments. He had had the privilege of dying on his feet, surrounding his life in a moment of passion. It had all been so quick... But the fates had chosen to deny Othinus such a blessing. Passing on his power to her, he cast his eyes into hers "Even as we died a thousand vengeful deaths, you still showed us small flickers of mercy... I dept I repay to you now. I, Toppo, Hero of Freedom, Warrior of Pride and Heir to the God of Destruction, hereby pledge myself to you; just like the Dragon Spirit who lent me his strength, I shall grant you one wish. Tell me, Othinus... What is your last request? Whatever it may be, I will see it done. I will do whatever I can to make this easy from you. For though your body may die, your memory is immortal... it lives on each of us..."

@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
___________​

"Ben..." Toppo placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, speaking directly into his mind "I am sorry... But Portara places too much strain on the body... It would have saved her from the curse, but now... her injuries are too great. You Grandfather is right... The hardest truth for a Hero to accept as follows: not everyone can be saved. We do what we can. We win. We lose. We fight. We can save millions, but the hand of grief will never leave us. It's always there. It's the devil on our shoulders. It calls for us to fight. It calls for us to deny. It calls for us to sacrifice and to destroy and at give ourselves up to chaos... but we cannot give in to such evils. I know how hard this must be for you, Tennison... You should not experience such things so early into your youth. But now, after all is said and done, the greatest offering we can give to Othinus is ourselves. We can give her out pity. We can give her a place in our memories and within our hearts. Fate has chosen for her time to come tonight... and defying that will send us down a one-way street. An urge to defy nature sent Othinus down her dark path, and following her will not redeem her. Today, we fought to restore the natural order, and now we must accept it, in all its flaws. She does not have long, Ben... if there is anything you wish to say to her, say it now... for the world has chosen to give you this chance. Tell her you forgive her. Tell her it's all going to be okay. Show her the Hero you are. Take away her fear"

@Crow

GOeYJvY.jpg

"Maybe you're right, Toppo. Maybe her returns for redemption is a well-earned rest, maybe her punishment is death, I don't know what it is... I really don't..." Ben turns away for a bit, then looks at Othinus, a single tear falling.

It was now or nothing.

"Othinus, at first, I did indeed want to end you, I'm sure most of us did. But as time went on, as time passed, I saw things differently. It happened while we were in that fabricated ideal world of yours.

Jiren, one of the warriors that sided with you, we met him there, he was thankful to you. The world you created, even for that brief moment, even if it wasn't ideal to him, he was satisfied, happy with what you have given him, grateful towards your actions. He told me things - things that would bring me a change of heart - things that would lead me to realise that you're a person that, while bringing anguish, is also capable of giving happiness. It was his words that made me determined to talk to you, to understand you.

To take the route of mercy.

You've shown the ability to regret, to feel remorse, to understand, and the potential to be redeemed, and most importantly, ultimately understand that you are human like the rest of us, and for that, I have reason to forgive you."

Ben materialises the Gae Bolg in his hands.

"The Gae Bolg, a failed attempt at replicating a replica of your legendary Gungnir, made it during the fight with DIO," Ben's eyes shifted towards Leivinia, then back at Othinus, "if your intentions are to make worlds happy, give others joy, then, as I wield a spear descended from yours, I only find it fitting that I do just that, my way anyways, so you don't need to worry. You may not be able to fulfil your purpose in your current state, but I can, and I'm not the only one. The many worlds will always have heroes that can fill the shoes you leave behind... to fulfil the dreams that you have left unfulfilled...

... and wherever there's heroes...

kmCbvRa.jpg

... it's hero time."

@Ver @Sark

Last edited:
Any more of DIO's debris would not reach the group, as Libra brought it to himself and set it up to orbit around him. Concentrating, Libra used his power over gravity to slowly increase the speed of tge orbit.

"Easy...easy..."

Faster it spun, faster, faster, faster.

"Oh Gods...please, be with us in this moment..."

Faster, faster, faster.

"Just a bit more..."

Faster.

"And..."

Terminal velocity had been acheived.

"HA!!!"

Shoving his hands outward, Libra sent the debris flying at DIO, its speed unwavering as if flew to tear the man apart.

Meanwhile, Severa flew from person to person, using her staff to heal anyone and everyone of any injuries they may have. "Hey! I think I'm getting the hang of this healing thing!"

Will rose from the ground, growling as the pain etched itself across her face. Quintessence healed any scars or cuts she may have suffered, but she still felt the impact and hated DIO all the more for it. When the othes launched their attacks, Will followed suit, charging energy from the surrounding universe and forming it in to a straight beam that she fired right at DIO's body.

"You'll pay for that! Starting now!"

Leivinia kept up her magic, bombarding DIO while obliterating the debris that flew her way. Telesma and the elements assailed the vampire and various parts of the roof. As far as she could tell, keeping this up would be a lot easier for her than it was for him. Like Touma said, he was nearing his limit.

Though, she wasn't exactly sure she agreed with the next thing Touma did. Or perhaps, more accurately, Ben did.

"...Are you kidding me?"

She stared at the so-called "Toumahawk" in disbelief for a moment.

Phil Connors and Rita Hanson

" Well, time to go Matrix style on him then," he said, pulling his first two guns and shooting at Dio and then placing them back and doing a flip while drawing the other two guns and shooting some more at Dio while in mid-flip ala Matrix. When he landed, he would follow it with a few more shots.

Rita looked at her seven clones and made more. There were now twenty Ritas. "
Okay, Ritas, you all aim your electricity at him and I'm going to shot him with fire," she said, shocking herself and handing out all the weapons to the new clones and keeping the flame element to herself. She shot all of her weapons via the clones and the electricity all at Dia, making sure to avoid Toumahawk.

BOOM!

To that end...

"Othinus!!"

He then realised.

ogFPbsc.png

fYPhc0c.png

___________​

@Crow
GOeYJvY.jpg

"Maybe you're right, Toppo. Maybe her returns for redemption is a well-earned rest, maybe her punishment is death, I don't know what it is... I really don't..." Ben turns away for a bit, then looks at Othinus, a single tear falling.

It was now or nothing.

"Othinus, at first, I did indeed want to end you, I'm sure most of us did. But as time went on, as time passed, I saw things differently. It happened while we were in that fabricated ideal world of yours.

Jiren, one of the warriors that sided with you, we met him there, he was thankful to you. The world you created, even for that brief moment, even if it wasn't ideal to him, he was satisfied, happy with what you have given him. He told me things - things that would bring me a change of heart - things that would lead me to realise that you're a person that, while bringing anguish, is also capable of giving happiness. It was his words that made me determined to talk to you, to understand you.

To take the route of mercy.

You've shown the ability to regret, to feel remorse, to understand, and the potential to be redeemed, and most importantly, ultimately understand that you are human like the rest of us, and for that, I have reason to forgive you."

Ben materialises the Gae Bolg in his hands.

"The Gae Bolg, a failed attempt at replicating a replica of your legendary Gungnir, made it during the fight with DIO," Ben's eyes shifted towards Leivinia, then back at Othinus, "if your intentions are to make worlds happy, give others joy, then, as I wield a spear descended from yours, I only find it fitting that I do just that, my way anyways, so you don't need to worry. You may not be able to save others in your state, but I can, and I'm not the only one. The many worlds will always have heroes that can fill the shoes you leave behind...

... and wherever there's heroes...

kmCbvRa.jpg

... it's hero time."

@Ver @Sark
Schala Zeal
@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

It was only after Dio was defeated that Schala remembered Othinus... Crying out almost in unison with Touma as she rushed to her side.

Although the godly powers that once flooded her body were fading away, she was determined to do something... Anything.

Seeming to have tuned out the words of everyone around her for the time being... She rushed forwards, placing both of her hands on Othinus's body as she attempted to channel as much healing magic as she could into her body, in an effort to save her.

Though unlike before, with Touma... Schala's body no longer shone with a briliant light, and the silhoettes of what could have been angel wings behind her back were flickering... As her entire body shook.

The effort might be for naught in the end, but for the moment... She didn't care... She just wanted to do something, anything... Even if it cost her all the strength she had.

"Othinus!... Stay with me... Stay with us!... I can still help you... We can realize your dream together!" She cried desperately.

By now, Schala's body was shaking as she tried desperately to maintain what strength she had left, to bring back that godly power she had felt during that battle with Dio.

"... Please... Don't go... There's still so much I want to show you... ... So much we can learn... Together..."

By now, Schala's voice had begun to waver... Her mind on the cusp of unconsciousness from the strain her spell was taking from her now, but yet... She refused to give up... ... As if clinging to the hope that somehow, in some way... She could still save Othinus, despite everything that happened...​

BOOM!

To that end...

"Othinus!!"

Will dusted herself off, conjuring up a ball of Quintessence in her palm after DIO exploded. He may have been dead, but there was one more issue that needed to be taken care of.

Othinus.

As she lay on the ground, that accursed being that had brought her and the others so much pain, Will had nothing but the darkest of thoughts when she pushed past Ben, Libra and the others, extending her palm and aiming her attack down at Othinus' head.

"We're not done yet. There's still one more thing left to do." The Keeper snarled darkly.

"Will, wait..."

"Not. Now."

@Ver @Alex Azure @York @Crow @Alex Azure@Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi@Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

Will dusted herself off, conjuring up a ball of Quintessence in her palm after DIO exploded. He may have been dead, but there was one more issue that needed to be taken care of.

Othinus.

As she lay on the ground, that accursed being that had brought her and the others so much pain, Will had nothing but the darkest of thoughts when she pushed past Ben, Libra and the others, extending her palm and aiming her attack down at Othinus' head.

"We're not done yet. There's still one more thing left to do." The Keeper snarled darkly.

"Will, wait..."

"Not. Now."

@Ver @Alex Azure @York @Crow @Alex Azure@Yun Lee @York @Sark @Donder172 @Jeremi@Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

miBnUhF.jpg

"Stand. Down," Ben says, the Gae Bolg he had recently materialised pointed towards Will's chest, a mere centimetre away.

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay @Alex Azure @etcetcetc​

"Yeah, and we're doing it. Healing Othinus!" Severa rolled her eyes. "Jeez, does the Coalition REALLY let all these bloodthirsty freaks sign up? Or have you guys just been short staffed lately?"

Libra glared at Will, moving past her to continue healing Othinus. "Has there not been enough bloodshed already? If you wish Othinus to pay penance, we can discuss prison time or community service. It's clear she regrets her actions, and won't do anything of this nature again."

View attachment 3421

"But allow me to make myself completely clear, Will, from one Coalition member to the other. If you allow your own selfish bloodlust to override your compassion, and you strike down someone we are capable of saving because you alone feel you have the right to make that decision...I will do everything in my power to have YOU serve time for murder. Do you understand?"

"Please, Will. Listen to your friends..."

"These people are NOT my friends. I don't even know them."

"If the others were here what do you think they'd do? Would they approve of this? This isn't you, Will. Libra is right."

"So what, she just gets a slap on the wrist!?"

"No. Othinus won't go unpunished. But killing her won't change the past or give you peace. You aren't Nerissa."

Will sighed and lowered her hand, the lightning dissolving. She looked over to Libra, and then back to Ben. Her dark look never changed, even as she moved Ben's spear aside.

"Even after everything she's done, you fools still want to save her?"

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay@Alex Azure @Crow @etcetcetc

"Please, Will. Listen to your friends..."

"These people are NOT my friends. I don't even know them."

"If the others were here what do you think they'd do? Would they approve of this? This isn't you, Will. Libra is right."

"So what, she just gets a slap on the wrist!?"

"No. Othinus won't go unpunished. But killing her won't change the past or give you peace. You aren't Nerissa."

Will sighed and lowered her hand, the lightning dissolving. She looked over to Libra, and then back to Ben. Her dark look never changed, even as she moved Ben's spear aside.

"Even after everything she's done, you fools still want to save her?"

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay@Alex Azure @Crow @etcetcetc

Will would feel slightly pricked when pushing Gae Bolg aside, bleeding that her slightly-slowed regeneration could deal with.

"Yes."

Ben chose not to speak many words for the talkative hero type.

"Yes we do."

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Crow @etcetcetc​

Will would feel slightly pricked when pushing Gae Bolg aside, bleeding that her regeneration could deal with.

"Yes."

Ben chose not to speak many words for the talkative hero type.

"Yes we do."

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Crow @etcetcetc​

Will turned and grabbed Ben by the front of his shirt, lifting him a foot off the ground and burning her bronze eyes into his green with a look that could murder the entire party over ten times.

"Why, Ben? Don't you remember when she killed us!? When she erased everyone we ever loved and forced us to live in her nightmare? She wasn't sorry then, was she!?"

Ben would be able to see small tears starting to form in Will's eyes, but only for a moment. She then put him back on his feet, turning to glare down at Othinus.

USER=2374]@Ver[/USER] @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Crow @etcetcetc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back