Roleplay Cardgame

Patcharoo

Hello.

I've been working on a roleplay/storytelling themed card game intended for four players that lets players take one or more character/s, throw them into a scene and make stories happen in a game that takes around an hour or so to play. From the ground up this game is designed to involve different communities and creative ideas. And that's why I'm here.

Does anyone want to have a character made into a card?

Character cards are pretty comprehensive (see below) so it takes a lot of information to make a good character. If I personally quiz someone for the information I need it can take me about half an hour for a single card. Now I know sometimes its hard to understand what I'm asking for when you don't know the game, so I've tried to give a decent explanation of what I need.
If you want your character turned into a card, post a reply, send me a PM or chase me down on chat (I'll be lurking about) to give me information for the bolded fields from below. (Also link your character sheet).

So what makes a card;
Name:
Your characters name
Played by:
Your preferred username
100x100 pixel avatar of your character. If you don't have one, I'll usually crop one from character art or use a default blank image.
Types:
1-4 words explaining what your character is (typically species/race/class/profession). 2-3 words is most common. 'Human Soldier' for example.

Heroism:
Easiest to think as a rating from 1-5, 1 being villainous, selfish, cruel, vengeful etc and 5 being heroic, selfless, kindly, forgiving etc. A characters actions and motives should be weighed up here. Consider if they do bad things for a good cause, if they would help someone on the street etc.
Outlook:
Again, a rating 1-5 of the characters outlook on life, 1 being very negative, pessimistic and cynical, while 5 is very positive, optimistic and hopeful.

Skill:
A rating of 0-4 of a characters overall talent, experience and practice at combat and tactics.
0 is typically someone untrained in any form of combat
1 is what you would expect from an average soldier.
2 tends to be special ops or a talented combatant.
4 implies some degree of mastery, genius or prodigy.
Power:
A rating of 0-4 of a characters overall magical, physical or other power.
0 is untrained, physically normal.
1 is someone who trains their body for physical strength, or an apprentice at magic.
2 is around peak human condition for training or an adept mage
4 is obviously beyond exceptional.

Physical Stress Threshold:
1-5, how tough your character is in relation to your Skill and Power. Because of how the games combat works, a character with a high skill or power is already more likely to deal damage and less likely to take damage, so the toughness of a character should reflect that. 3 is average, 5 is incredibly tough and 1 is incredibly fragile.
Mental Stress Threshold:
1-5, how resilient your character is to mental ailments such as shock, insanity and exhaustion. 3 is average, 5 is incredibly resilient and 1 is incredibly fragile.

Character Traits:
3-4 traits that define your character. This includesmental traits, unique physical traits, special talents, unique items, social quirks, emotional and historical baggage, etc. This is the most important part out of all of it as it defines what is special about your character. If you aren't sure on what works, I can usually fish through a profile and ask questions about your character to find what will make a good trait.

Here is an example, thanks Luxin for being my guinea pig!
9eIikm6.png

Name: Siege

Played by: Siege

Appearance: View attachment 2257
(Hair is shorter though.)

Types: Saiyan Soldier

Heroism: 3 (tends to do villainous things, but is mostly a hero)

Outlook: 4

Skill: 3

Power: 4

Physical Stress: 5

Mental Stress: 4

Soldier Instinct: When equipped with a weapon, no ki is required to be used with this card's actions.

Power Up- 0 ki points
When powering up, roll a 6 sided die. Add ki points that match the number you rolled.

Exploding Punch- 3 ki points
Remove one enemy card on the field that has a power value less than 3.

Revenge for the Fallen
If a character dies, Siege is relieved of all stress and gains +2 Skill and +1 Power for a period of 5 scenarios.

Last edited:
Back