Roleplaying Pet Peeves

I don't really enjoy it when people just randomly leave. They say nothing don't tell me they lost interest they just leave and that's the last I see of them. It just recently happened. I had a role play with two other people and we were writing nice long reply's. I had asked if they were enjoying the role play and they said they were. Then one day nothing. If you want to leave my role play please don't just leave and say nothing. Please tell me your leaving.

One liners to my 4 paragraphs. I usually match the length my partner's write. If you write 4 paragraphs so will I. You want to do just one liners awesome im down! But if i write 4 paragraphs and you write a one liner back its a little upsetting. It makes me feel like your bored of the role play and have better things to do then write something meaningful back. Note! If somethings going on and you per say don't have enough time to write a lot back please tell me because I totally understand!

Hope this kinda made sense!

Last edited:
I can see how that would get annoying to both of your guys' views. And I feel that very much.

I would have to say ghosting an RP. I understand that, eventually, people tire of RPs. That's why I prefer to plan them out with a definitive ending beforehand and communicate OOC. I also really hate first-person perspective and run-on sentences haha.

I can't stand that supposedly universal 'good' paragraph count. If there are rules about it, I can try, but if I can't think of anything good or meaningful to type, I'm not up for it.

Reading though someones rules with them specifying that they want PMs for requests to rp, so you do so and then 3 days later have no response but they bumped their interest checks every day since.

Yeah I hate being the nag cause I know people have lives but if you post on your Interest Checks and not respond to a PMs to even say 'No thanks' it kinda mIffs me a bit

Half-assed vriting of things you dont know anithing about. Dont. Please. Its embarrasing. All it does is make a character look fake and un-convincing. If you dont know how to vrite something out, dont try. Ask for help/advice on how to do it right. And I'm guilty of that myself too, vhen I tryed RPing that char I mentioned in https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/lack-of-imaginetion.5388/ this thread.

And ppl whining to me about grammar. Fuck. That. sigh No, I wont spell-check evry single little thing I vrite. If I did that, I'd spend 3 times as long vriting a post, and I dont have that much time. I generaly think up replys to my various on-going RPs in my head, as I'm doing something else, since I tend to do alot of stuff most days, then just put them to words vhen I got 5-10 mins to sit down and write up a post. Plus, its a casual for-fun roleplay, not a English dictionery.
Why are you writing vote so much?

I would have to say ghosting an RP. I understand that, eventually, people tire of RPs. That's why I prefer to plan them out with a definitive ending beforehand and communicate OOC. I also really hate first-person perspective and run-on sentences haha.
TOTALLY! I mean I've gotten into an RP that lasted less that 5 replies

Joining and ghosting. Be it joining and never posting or joining and posting for a while and then just ignoring it.
Arguing with the GM repeatedly then getting all pissy and bad-mouthing the gm when they got their sorry ass kicked out.

I think mine would have to be short/unreadable response. Usually, I would overlook it and try to keep the rp rolling but it's very annoying and feels like I would be the one carrying the rp.

There are many things that can go wrong when role-playing. One of my pet peeves is a lack of setting. What I mean by lack of setting is that no setting has been established, or that a setting has been established but it doesn't matter because there is no such thing as locality in the chosen world.

I hate when I compose a whole civilization and like 500 years of history for it alongside 10 pages of notes and character sheets for the RP to die before the month is up. After 3 weeks of everyone talking about how pumped they are for it.
:)

Back