"Uh, yup! They just started selling tea!" Zip nodded. "It started with energy drinks, then soda, then Crystal OBLIVION..."

"Tastes like shit, by the way," Sleazy interjected. He moved up to the food area with Toad in order to move the refreshments off to the side. "And for what? Clear OBLIVION? No thanks!"

Meanwhile, Toad stayed focused on the questions tossed his way. "Mok's never been afraid of danger. And besides, we've been dealing with nuclear fallout here since before we were old enough to start skating. Got mutants running around and all sorts of nasty shit. A zombie outbreak's just another Tuesday."

"What a lovely place we've found ourselves in..." Margaret snarked.

"Those talent shows are a slap in the face to the boss," Toad said to Sweet Ann. "We heard yous guys on the radio though. Sounded pretty good, but scouting from other planets? Give me a break!"

Zip quickly added, "But Mok's not mad at you! Just the shows."

"Well that's nice, considering we didn't want it to happen as much as he didn't." As Kuko approached him, Hitoya nodded over at the still unconscious Jyushi. "Just let him rest. It's for the best he's not awake to deal with any of this shit. If he doesn't wake up before we get home, this stays between us. Deal?"

Any of their personal equipment people needed was available and in the condition it had been in back on the ship. As more in the group collected their things and seemed eager to leave, Toad pressed a button on an intercom. "Hey, boss! Not to rush you or nothin', but--"

The lights suddenly went out, save for the table in the center. From it, a holographic image appeared, of a lone man in the distance walking forward. From the sound of drums kicking in, it was clear that this was a music video.

My name is Mok, thanks a lot.
I know you love the thing I've got.
You've never seen the likes of me,
Why, I'm the biggest thing since World War III.

Girls!

(His name is Mok, thanks a lot.
You think he's acting, But he's not.)

My name is Mok, And I'm on fire.

I am the match and I'm the pyre.
I'm the voodoo black musician priest.

Why, I'm the greatest thing since World War III.
Girls!

(You think he's acting, but he's not.
His name is Mok, thanks a lot.)

I'm the power Sodom used on Lot.
I am the pillar, I am the snake.
I'm the beat that makes you shake.
I'm the killer, I am the source,
And you will worship me, of course.
I'm the oracle, the seer, the wit.
There is no question that I am it!

Hey girls!

(His name is Mok, thanks a lot.
He looks so cool, but he's hot.
His name is Mok, thanks a lot.
You think he's acting, but he's not.)

My name is Mok, thanks a lot...

Lasers and flashy imagery accompanied the rock song, and as it faded out, the lights slowly returned to normal...but a tall, slender figure stood on the table, dressed in dramatic dark clothing and balancing a glass on his finger. He looked just like the singer in the video, only much older, and he gave the group a charming smile.

mok.jpg

"Anyone want a beer?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri

With the three brothers not being bothered by the creepy zombies, Gris nodded along. Given how odd this world seemed, she supposed it made sense.

Gris had gotten up and gotten her mic and knives from the group's things before the lights went out. The video itself was a bit too bright for her tastes, and once it was over she blinked up at the man named Mok, before continuing collecting her things as well as grabbing Kuko's mic to return to the redhead once she regrouped with the rest on the couches.

"No, thank you." She replied to Mok's question about beer. She wasn't interested.

Meiji, meanwhile, sat next to Rin once she got her own things, handing Rin her mic if she hadn't gotten it already.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Everyone

Cooper Reid

" Well, that was certainly an entrance. I'm not a big drinker, makes it had to keep my sunglasses on if I'm drunk. I think some of the others are too young to be drinking- or at least back home they are. It's so nice to meet you,"
he said, deciding that was the best approach. It was better to be on guard because excluding Cinderella and Myers,nobody in this world had exactly been on their side.

Evan Hansen

Evan would look around the area and drink his tea." Thanks for the tea," he replied, listening to the song and pausing for a beat, swallowing his tea. "Did he just say World War 3?" He asked. He didn't want the beer right now and paused for a moment. " Has anyone seen the skeleton man with the gold thing who won the contest?"

@Yun Lee @Everyone

No one else had the option to take the beer after that, as it was quickly snatched up by a gnarly green hand. Murdoc didn't bother saying anything as he sat back down with the drink, earning an offended glare from the rock star. He returned to a charming smile as others began speaking to him.

"That would be me, yes." Mok accepted the handshake. "And the Doctor...I quite enjoyed your little show earlier."

Rin took her mic from Meiji, then blinked in confusion as Mok spoke. "You listened in? But I thought you hate talent shows!"

"Love the sinner, hate the sin, my dear. Just because I despise the things doesn't mean I can't appreciate the music. Especially considering that this one featured act that were quite literally out of this world!"

"Good music's hard to come by nowadays," Sleazy said. As Mok quickly looked at his employee, Sleazy quickly added, "Except for the boss', of course!"

"The music scene has certainly...changed over the years." Mok left it at that, focusing his attention on Evan. "Yes, WW3 was rather horrific here. The creatures you know as homo sapiens are but distant memories. Nuclear fallout destroyed them, but brought our ancestors to life, and we simply inherited the earth." But as Raptor was brought up, he raised his eyebrows. "Ah, yes! The contest winner...he's no doubt resting along with others who've yet to awaken. That accident had no doubt taken its toll on you all."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Everyone​

View attachment 10312

"Where there's life, there's music. I may not be able to understand your feelings, but I can only hope that one day, there will be a song that will once again be able to reach your heart," Maria said to Mok in a flowery, perhaps overly dramatic manner.

Music had always been Maria's only true passion in life, and the same went for Tsubasa. Between the two of them, and the other Gear users waiting for them back home, that it was only through music that human beings could take a step closer to coming to understanding each other. Thus, it was a genuinely sad thing when she'd have to come across someone who felt such things, but perhaps that was why they were all here. To change someone's heart.

All the same, as Mok continued talking, the pink-haired woman crossed her arms in thought, taking in his words. Tsubasa also listened silently... once she finished her piece of cake.

View attachment 10313

"Forgive my bluntness, but I feel inclined to say this. I don't imagine you've recovered us from that incident entirely out of the goodness of your hearts. In fact, I assume you... desire a favor from us," Tsubasa posited. "Something pertaining to the future of these talent shows, perhaps?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Everybody

"Oh that old song and dance?" The Doctor remarked in a chipper tone considering the tale. "Yes humanity is quite good at destroying themselves, but luckily Earth has people like you know. Eager to see it survive far into the future, right?"

The Doctor seemed that he was ready to go on yet another tirade when Tsubasa spoke up. "...A bit to quick to the point but yes, yes that's exactly what I was going to ask as well."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Takumi @Space_Candy @Capri

Cooper Reid

Cooper was silent, having absorbed what Mok was saying and was about to comment when he realized something. There were a lot of humans amongst them. " If I may ask, do you know what the homo sapiens looked like?" He asked him curiously. He had a feeling he hadn't. It was suspicious that Raptor wasn't with them.

Evan Hansen

Evan was quiet for a moment. " .... I hate how accurate that sounds to most of us. Oh, sorry, I just realized that I might be one of the few homo sapiens this world has seen. Yeah, that does sound right for the evolution of beings." He held back his tears knowing that in this world, every person he loved would be dead. " Oh okay."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Space_Candy @Capri

Cassidy soon found her bass, smoothly taking it out of its case and putting it in her lap. She ran her fingers along the body's finish, happy her prized instrument was safe.

She started to strum a bassline, loud enough to be heard by most- but not enough to be disruptive.

------------------------------------------

Kuko watched Hitoya continue talking, not hearing his question- so he opted to take the new face, up on his offer for beer.

@Yun Lee @Anyone

"Only in history books," Sleazy told Conner. And Raptor was in fact in the room, along with everyone else. No one in the group was missing.

Kuko would find the back of his collar grabbed by the oldest member of his division. "Not until your next birthday, you're not." Hitoya then looked to Mok. "Yeah, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? All that trouble to go out and rescue us. People don't do things that big without hoping to get something out of it in return."

"......." Mok quietly observed his guests for a spell, then a grin spread across his face. "Very well. Yes, you're right. I'm afraid I'm not as saintly as I should be. To tell you the truth, I'd been hoping to run into you all before you left...though apparently you simply can't leave yet." He stepped off the platform, taking out a remote control from his pocket to bring up a holographic image. This one was a down-trending graph. "My album sales are dying, as is my fanbase," the rock star explained. "My star is losing its shine, and it's as though every new wrinkle on my face is another nail in my proverbial coffin."

"Literal one, too..." Murdoc grumbled. Mok shot him a very quick glare, then locked eyes with Toad, who nodded and skated off somewhere.

Returning to his usual charismatic self, Mok pressed a button on the remote. The image shifted to an advertisement for his upcoming concert. "In three days' time, I'm going to be the star of the show once more. Carnage Hall is going to be the stage for my grand revival, the day Mok Swagger ascends to immortality! Of course...I can't do it without some help."

"Help?" Margaret tilted her head. "How exactly can we 'help' you?"

"These talent shows...over the past few hours, the ratings for yours came in." Those close to Mok could hear his teeth grinding. "Twice the numbers of my last album sales. Now, I'm a reasonable man...but the fact that your show had been scheduled so swiftly, and just before my concert...OBLIVION knew what they were doing."

Zip shook his head. "They make such a good tea, though!"

"ZIP!!" Mok snapped at his underling, who froze in place. "I thought I told you to throw that swill out!"

"B-But--"

"But nothing." Mok glared the youngest Schlepper down. "Get rid of it!"

Zip's lower lip trembled, but he picked up the tea and did as told. Sleazy snarled at the scene, but said nothing.

"Anyway..." Mok turned back to his guests. "I'm afraid I'm a bit selfish. I want the spotlight all to myself, and if the contest winners are running around, well...things might not go so well. Unless of course we could cooperate? Id like for your contest winner to open for my performance. It might bring the younger crowd in, especially considering that energetic performance of his. As for the rest of you...I'd like you all to stay put. Out of sight, out of mind, until the end of the concert."

"Well, we would love to leave," Margaret said. "But we'd also like to go home."

"Yes...but I'm afraid that simply isn't possible at this time. Your vessel lacks - or lacked, I should say - the energy needed to leave this planet. But my ship? The power generated from this show will allow for travel out of this world. If you just wait around here for three days, waiting out the zombies and the concert, I'll give you all a ride home. Deal?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri

"Oh I am always excited to mess with mega conglomerates," The Doctor replied with a grin. "And it's quite clear that right now it is you that hold all the cards. But I will be honest there's the simple fact of, how will I say this delicately...how do we know you will keep up your end of the bargain? Not that I don't trust an aging rock star. If you can't trust an aging rock star who can you trust really?"

@Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Takumi @Space_Candy @Capri

View attachment 10365

"That's it? I'll admit, you surprise me, but if that's the bargain you want... then I suppose that shouldn't pose any problem," Maria said to Mok. Indeed, it wasn't like she had any particular attachment to OBLIVION; in fact, she would have liked to get them back for unceremoniously spiriting them all out of their home dimensions for the sake of some media rivalry. "If everyone else is on board with it, then it's a deal."

Tsubasa, on the other hand, wasn't quite as quick to agree to it, nodding alongside the Doctor's words. "I must admit to being a bit more skeptical to the arrangement, even if it does wholly benefit you," she admitted. "It is not personal, I assure you. Just as the Doctor said, I simply... do not like being at the mercy of someone else's whim. You can relate, surely?" She continued. Not that there might have been anything one could do about that, Tsubasa imagined, but she didn't want to be reckless here.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody

"Cooper Reid and Evan Hansen

Cooper was silent for a moment and listened. " To be fair, we just met you and I am concerned that there is very little in for you, minus us being out of the picture for your fame. But then again, that might be a good enough reason for you. Though, I have a feeling we aren't going to be able to stay put during the concert entirely. It's just that every time the skeleton has been out in the open, it seems to attract people who want the amulet he won. "

" Mok Swagger? Do you think that is supposed to be a pun for much swagger or a play on Mick Jag-" Evan mumbled under his breath. Cooper stepped on his foot to cut off that question before Mok heard it. He held his tongue and waited for an answer.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy@Takumi @Ver @Everybody​

"Oh yes, I completely understand. This arrangement does seem one-sided...but perhaps I can sweeten the deal?" Using that same remote, Mok pressed a button that only seemed to make a loud CLICK somewhere in the room. "Mi casa es su casa," the rock star said. "You're free to live here as honored guests and enjoy all the amenities I have to offer...including treats like my Edidon Balls."

As if on cue, Toad reentered the room, skating up behind Murdoc and dropping a bright pink orb into his lap. "The hell are you...oh." As he picked up the orb, it began glowing, and Murdoc suddenly became very relaxed, a wide grin on his face as he eased back into his seat.

View attachment 10393

Toad would also toss one into Snufkin's lap, as well, and the Mumrik would undergo the same effects.

"I think those two were in need of some...mellowing out. These balls give you a high without any drug intake...though your trip will be with everyone else in the network." Before he elaborated on that, though, Mok clapped his hands together. "Toad has more of those coming, and you can enjoy the Edison Balls here in the safety of the lounge, or go on and explore my home; though the garden is off-limits. Those plants are rare, after all. One wrong move andan entire species may go extinct!"

"Hold on! You realize we have minors here?"

"Yes. Of course...as long as you're 21 or older, you may use the Edison Balls. Otherwise I'm afraid for legal reasons, you'll have to stick to other forms of entertainment."

"Like Uncle Mikey?" Zip asked excitedly.

Mok sighed. "...yes. Like Uncle Mikey."

Zip smiled at the group. "Oh boy! Uncle Mikey is my favorite show! I gotta watch the Edison Ball guys, but some of you can watch it with me if you want!"

---

Although Snufkin and Murdoc were still seated on the couch, their minds seemed transported into somewhere else entirely.

Hippie-bedroom-decor-bedroom-design-ideas-interior-trends-2017-home-decor-trends-2017-1.jpg

The room was dimly lit, but decorated with bright neon colors. There was also music playing from a small stereo on the shelf.

"All right, mate! This is what I'm talkin' about!" Rubbing his hands together, Murdoc plopped down on the couch in this strange mental room. "I've only heard about this kinda stuff on the black market. Takin' you and your mates on a whole new kinda trip! That Mok fella really is a damn rock star!"

@Capri

"Oh yes, I completely understand. This arrangement does seem one-sided...but perhaps I can sweeten the deal?" Using that same remote, Mok pressed a button that only seemed to make a loud CLICK somewhere in the room. "Mi casa es su casa," the rock star said. "You're free to live here as honored guests and enjoy all the amenities I have to offer...including treats like my Edidon Balls."

As if on cue, Toad reentered the room, skating up behind Murdoc and dropping a bright pink orb into his lap. "The hell are you...oh." As he picked up the orb, it began glowing, and Murdoc suddenly became very relaxed, a wide grin on his face as he eased back into his seat.

View attachment 10393

Toad would also toss one into Snufkin's lap, as well, and the Mumrik would undergo the same effects.

"I think those two were in need of some...mellowing out. These balls give you a high without any drug intake...though your trip will be with everyone else in the network." Before he elaborated on that, though, Mok clapped his hands together. "Toad has more of those coming, and you can enjoy the Edison Balls here in the safety of the lounge, or go on and explore my home; though the garden is off-limits. Those plants are rare, after all. One wrong move andan entire species may go extinct!"

"Hold on! You realize we have minors here?"

"Yes. Of course...as long as you're 21 or older, you may use the Edison Balls. Otherwise I'm afraid for legal reasons, you'll have to stick to other forms of entertainment."

"Like Uncle Mikey?" Zip asked excitedly.

Mok sighed. "...yes. Like Uncle Mikey."

Zip smiled at the group. "Oh boy! Uncle Mikey is my favorite show! I gotta watch the Edison Ball guys, but some of you can watch it with me if you want!"

---

Although Snufkin and Murdoc were still seated on the couch, their minds seemed transported into somewhere else entirely.

Hippie-bedroom-decor-bedroom-design-ideas-interior-trends-2017-home-decor-trends-2017-1.jpg

The room was dimly lit, but decorated with bright neon colors. There was also music playing from a small stereo on the shelf.

"All right, mate! This is what I'm talkin' about!" Rubbing his hands together, Murdoc plopped down on the couch in this strange mental room. "I've only heard about this kinda stuff on the black market. Takin' you and your mates on a whole new kinda trip! That Mok fella really is a damn rock star!"

@Capri

The Utau watched as Snufkin and Murdoc sat there looking loopy, lips pursing at the sight.

Yeah, no. Meiji turned to Rin and nudged her with her shoulder when they were given alternatives to whatever was going on with them.

"Well, wanna explore?" She asked the Vocaloid.

Meanwhile Gris turned to Zip then. She had no idea who this Uncle Mikey was or what kind of show he was in, but she was curious.

"I'll watch it with you." She replied.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee

Snufkin was just about to speak up about the deal, he had no intention of performing anything, especially for a guy who looks like Mok.

But suddenly, Toad dropped the Edison Ball into his lap, and Snufkin felt… all his worries go away…

Why not just relax for a moment? It wouldn’t hurt!

Inside the strange mental room, Snufkin looked around. He saw… Murdoc.

“Well, this is certainly… interesting,” Snufkin said,”I wonder why they chose us…”

Evan Hansen

There was very few reasons that he wanted to see whatever this Uncle Mikey fellow was and he was too young to use the strange balls and somehow, he didn't think he wanted too, even if he was old enough. Though Mok had mentioned a garden and he would love to see what plants he had grown there. " I understand how fragile plants are and I don't know the first thing about your garden, but can I see where it is? Maybe a tour. I actually really do like plants and orchards a lot." He asked, making sure to add a very sincere expression to prove that he really had no plans to run it. He figured that the answer would be no, but he had to at least try to ask properly first.

Cooper Reid

Cooper knew better than to mess with anything that could alter the mind. He already had an ex-boyfriend who had literally forced him to be the perfect boyfriend and to even perform his show. He wasn't curous what Uncle Mikey was and somehow- he didn't want to know, but yet, against his instincts he decided to ask Zip. " Who or what is exactly Uncle Mikey's show?" He asked Zip.

@Yun Lee

The Doctor gave the drug ball the quickest of looks before turning back to Mok. "Yes thank you but, I have to keep my mind sharp. You know how it is. Now then instead. Let's explore! Maria, Tsubasa! Chop chop! I do love a good exploring after all, Now Mr. Mok, you do you have a suggestion on where to start? It's your humble home after all."

@Yun Lee @Ver

"Hmm..." Mok gripped his chin in thought before snapping his fingers. "Toad! How about you give our guests a tour? The ones who'd like one, of course. If you're more interested in splitary exploration, however...my personal quarters might be a bit fun. I have quite a bit of memorabilia there. And it's all insured just in case..." He winked. "So go wild."

@Lucky @Jeremi @Ver

---

Zip seemed absolutely delighted that people were interested in Uncle Mikey. He'd already put on a horned hat (no doubt some sort of show-related thing), and happily showed off a doll of a strange little clown.

View attachment 10396

"Uncle Mikey is only the best show in the whole wide world! He teaches you so many things, like colors, and how to tell your left from your right, and what to do when you accidentally swallow nuclear waste!"

"You'd be surprised how handy that one ended up being," Sleazy said.

@Lucky @Takumi

---

"Tch! C'mon, ain't it obvious?" Murdoc reclined fully on the couch, hands propping up the back of his head. "Mok didn't want us runnin' around his house! Can't say I blame the ol' bloke...I'd drug you for this entire damn trip if I could!" He seemed to be taking it well that Mok had essentially done the same to him. "Too bad, though. I wanted to see if I could dig up info on my ship...ah, well. Nice to relax, innit?"

@Capri

---

"Yeah, let's go!" Taking Meiji's hand, Rin rushed out into the hallway, but then stopped. "Uhh...where should we go?"

@Takumi

Evan Hansen

Evan would look sad as he really wanted to be able to see what sort of plants were going to be in the garden. He did however not want to stay in the same room as the adults with drugs. "I would love a tour as long as we get a chance to see where the garden is on the tour. I'm not sure what you might have- but maybe I'll look there too."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver

Cooper Reid

Cooper was silent for a moment. " Well, that does seem like most of the shows made for little kids back where I was from- though we didn't have the nuclear waste bit to worry about. Not what I thought it would be either."

@Yun Lee @Takumi

"Personal quarters sound just perfect," The Doctor attempted a friendly smile but he just looked confused and slightly aggressive. "Lead the way, Mr. Toad."

To Evan speaking up the Doctor slapped him gently on the hand and gave him the pointed finger. "Clearly you didn't hear that our gracious host laid out very clear instructions to not go to the gardens. Honestly if humans could understand following directions they wouldn't end up in trouble all the time."

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Ver

Back