SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies

Snufkin walked over to where the instruments were, inspecting it all. He looked and looked until he found what he was looking for.

5f00e6be14a0fd2bbadfa48867c8716f.jpg

"There it is! My harmonica!"

He picked up the harmonica and played a few notes into it.

1ac5b85e14141879b8642a5ce90ba1a0a17b2c23.jpg

"Plays just as it was when I first got it!"

The man blinked once, twice, looking at The Doctor as if he'd been slapped. "Kidnapping?" He sounded extremely offended. "Kidnapping?! Whatareyouwhatd'youmeanI...Kidnapping?!?! I will have you know that I have never, ever kidnapped a single person in my entire life! I can't believe you've done this. I spend months working on this show, and you all go and repay me by barging in, interrupting my very important phone call, and accusing me of being a...a kidnapper!!"

"If we weren't kidnapped," Margaret said, stepping forward, "Then why don't we remember anything about this...or about you?"

"I warned you all as you boarded the ship. Light-speed travel turns your brain into static." He waved her away with his hand. "You'll remember everything in a few days, once you're all back home. All you have to do is get through tonight's talent show and I'll be takin' everyone back right after."

"That still doesn't answer my--"

"Oh, I know what it is you all want. It's your instruments, right?" He got up from the table, picking up a random guitar and strumming on it. "If any of you had musical instruments on you, they're here. Mylar has weapons in a special room an' won't let us take 'em back until after the show. Wants to avoid bar fights an' all that, the boring ol' rat."

Margaret still wasn't convinced. "And my powers? Any reason I can't use those?"

"Same thing. Mylar neutralizes special abilities in this place with some sort of...nullifyin' tech or somethin' like that. You'll be back to normal once you step outside this place."

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Gummi Bunnies

---

"Well like I said, this is Mylar's, my own lounge," Mylar said. "But where you're at is Ohmtown. The only city in this wasteland for miles. Takes three days to get to Nuke York by bus alone."

@Lucky @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Sark @Crow @Takumi @mintyy @Farewell
"Ohohohoho. Somethin' 'bout that smells like ripe bullshit to me, mate. But, heheh, can't blame ya," a gravelly voice crooned from the doorway to the office. "Must be a hell of a performance you're cookin' up if you're going so far to do all this for one lil' show. No wonder the dressing room is so shit."

View attachment 8712

Lord Raptor sauntered into the manager's office, slipping his leg back and kicking the door to the side as he went, blowing another plume of smoke from the side of his mouth. Without so much as a cough, he twirled the cigarette in his mouth and flipped it back onto his tongue before beginning to... munch down on some scalding-hot tobacco.

A muffled hum came from him as his hand slipped free from his coat-pockets, snatching the guitar his 'manager' was playing right out from his ugly little green hands. Upon closer inspection, the guitar that Mr. Manager was playing happened to be an electric one, ancient and bearing a body embezzled with the iconography of the Union Jack.

An ornament depicting a leering skull with a purple mohawk was fastened to its head.

"Wouldn't touch this one too much if I were you, mate, mm-" he chewed on the cigarette ashes, before hacking a wad of chewing tobacco into the trashcan behind himself. "It might jus' steal your soul. If you had one, that is. Heh heh!"
The man's uncomforting laugh didn't help ease the message of his statement any. With some quick movements of his hand, he deftly twirled the instrument to a proper position, his fingers shredding across the strings, and producing an evil shriek from the ancient guitar.

'So, Mr. Manager, why don't we stop pissin' about and cut to the chase, 'cuz the more I have to sit around listenin' to these mouth-breathers blabber on and on and on about 'kidnapping' and 'home' and such, the more I feel like caving in someone's skull with me guitar. The more I feel like caving in your skull with me guitar."

"When the hell do we get this show on the road?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

Cooper Reid

" Huh- that is interesting. I have known tech that does that back home, but it was very experimental and had some deadly side effects. Emphasis on deadly. That being said, not much of a loss to me, I would rather use my own natural talent that whatever enhancements my powers give me,"
he replied, moving his sunglasses off his face and placing them around his shirt. It was obvious that his eyes were a dimmer blue, but you could tell that they usually held much power.

@Jeremi @Ver @Maxlrvaron @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

Evan Hansen

" Ohmtown? I don't think I have heard of that place or any wasteland. Nuke York? Did that used to be called New York or something?"
He asked him.

@Yun Lee @Oters

View attachment 8714

"Of all the--!" Tsubasa initially began to exclaim as the Doctor brushed on ahead of them, insisting on taking the lead, but was interrupted by another show of bravado from him as he hastily stepped into the office ahead of them without waiting for the pleasantries. This man was certainly making an impression on everyone, for better or for worse. Probably the latter.

Maria frowned, keeping her arms folded as they met the man supposedly behind the predicament. This talk of ships and brain jarring travel, neither she nor Tsubasa could honestly fathom willingly coming to a place like this, not without leaving a future note to oneself if possible, but they had no choice but to take the man at face value for the time being. If their supposed memories returned, then that would have been that. If not... Well, they'd just see about that after the... talent show?

Raising her hand briefly, Maria cleared her throat.

View attachment 8715

"Talent show... There it is again. So I'm led to believe we're meant to be performing for you? Or at least, an audience?" She inquired. On its own, Maria didn't entirely mind performing a show alongside Tsubasa, but all in all, Maria just couldn't shake the feeling that there was still something off about the whole situation, even despite the gradual explanations she and the others received. "What's the cause for? Charity? Some occasion to celebrate? I can't imagine you'd gather all of us -- if we're all from different places -- just regularly on a whim."

"Different places, yes... Logically, if this is supposed to be an intergalactic enterprise, Maria and I are the only ones from Earth!" Tsubasa continued, having missed Meiji's response to her the first time she proposed the alien theory.

"That's not what they meant, Tsubasa..."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @MaxIrvaron

"E...Excuse me?" The little mouse-man looked completely shocked by how everyone reacted. Offended, even, and he put his fists on his hips and glared at everyone. "Are you all as nasty as your manager? Is that the requirement for getting signed with Kong Studios? A lack of manners?!"

"I beg your pardon?" Margaret walked from behind Cassidy to join the group at the door. "Our what?"

"Your manager! That green guy who had you all dragged in here fast asleep! Said the light speed wiped you all out. Oh wait...if you were all sleeping, then you probably don't know who I am, huh? Well, nice to meet you all! The name's Mylar, and this," Mylar gestured to the building they were in, "is Mylar's! A lounge with the freshest new talent and a full-service bar!"

Camille would find her punch quickly blocked by Margaret, who didn't even bat an eye. "I see...and what are we doing here, Mylar? I, uh, am still a bit hazy after the trip."

"Well, you're all here for that talent show! That manager of yours is renting my stage to run some televised talent thing with new artists on his record label! Man, remind me never to try light speed."

Margaret looked at the rest of the group. "Perhaps this 'manager' of ours will know more."

"You can find him in what's supposed to be my office," Mylar said, making sure to keep a wide distance between himself and the group after Camille's attack. "Just down the hall. Said he had to deal with a bloodsucking leech that had stowed away on his ship, or something. He's kinda hard to understand when he mumbles all the time..."

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri

"He could have put as in a bigger room." Meiji joked despite the deadpan look on her face.

The office looked as though normally it would be kept neat, but it was a place filled with musical equipment, empty beer cans, and half-eaten takeout. There were a few opened trunks with foam outlines of instruments, though one trunk remained both closed and taped shut. At the desk sat the manager, feet propped up on the table as he spoke on the phone.

"Buh-Guh-what the--" The manager sputtered as the door flew open, and the phone flew up into the air before he caught it with his hands. "Er, hold on, Sammy. I'll have to call you back." Hanging up the phone, he gave you all an irritated glare, as if your arrival was more of an annoyance than anything.

View attachment 8709

"Did no one ever teach you lot to knock? Bloody millennials, their folks don't raise 'em right these days..."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @MaxIrvaron @Office​

The man blinked once, twice, looking at The Doctor as if he'd been slapped. "Kidnapping?" He sounded extremely offended. "Kidnapping?! Whatareyouwhatd'youmeanI...Kidnapping?!?! I will have you know that I have never, ever kidnapped a single person in my entire life! I can't believe you've done this. I spend months working on this show, and you all go and repay me by barging in, interrupting my very important phone call, and accusing me of being a...a kidnapper!!"

"If we weren't kidnapped," Margaret said, stepping forward, "Then why don't we remember anything about this...or about you?"

"I warned you all as you boarded the ship. Light-speed travel turns your brain into static." He waved her away with his hand. "You'll remember everything in a few days, once you're all back home. All you have to do is get through tonight's talent show and I'll be takin' everyone back right after."

"Oh, I know what it is you all want. It's your instruments, right?" He got up from the table, picking up a random guitar and strumming on it. "If any of you had musical instruments on you, they're here. Mylar has weapons in a special room an' won't let us take 'em back until after the show. Wants to avoid bar fights an' all that, the boring ol' rat."

"Same thing. Mylar neutralizes special abilities in this place with some sort of...nullifyin' tech or somethin' like that. You'll be back to normal once you step outside this place."

---

"Well like I said, this is Mylar's, my own lounge," Mylar said. "But where you're at is Ohmtown. The only city in this wasteland for miles. Takes three days to get to Nuke York by bus alone."

@Lucky @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Sark @Crow @Takumi @mintyy @Farewell

c19bdcaecd558ac05913ef9b1335a7f662ad6429.jpg

"Yeah, I would've turned right back around if it could mess with my memory. Can't afford any damage, unless Mylar happens to have someone who knows how to fix an android in case of a malfunction?" Meiji rose a brow, hands on her hips. Mylar seemed to have thought it all out, and she wasn't sure how to feel about it.

View attachment 8714

"Of all the--!" Tsubasa initially began to exclaim as the Doctor brushed on ahead of them, insisting on taking the lead, but was interrupted by another show of bravado from him as he hastily stepped into the office ahead of them without waiting for the pleasantries. This man was certainly making an impression on everyone, for better or for worse. Probably the latter.

Maria frowned, keeping her arms folded as they met the man supposedly behind the predicament. This talk of ships and brain jarring travel, neither she nor Tsubasa could honestly fathom willingly coming to a place like this, not without leaving a future note to oneself if possible, but they had no choice but to take the man at face value for the time being. If their supposed memories returned, then that would have been that. If not... Well, they'd just see about that after the... talent show?

View attachment 8715

"Talent show... There it is again. So I'm led to believe we're meant to be performing for you? Or at least, an audience?" She inquired. On its own, Maria didn't entirely mind performing a show alongside Tsubasa, but all in all, Maria just couldn't shake the feeling that there was still something off about the whole situation, even despite the gradual explanations she and the others received. "What's the cause for? Charity? Some occasion to celebrate? I can't imagine you'd gather all of us -- if we're all from different places -- just regularly on a whim."

"Different places, yes... Logically, if this is supposed to be an intergalactic enterprise, Maria and I are the only ones from Earth!" Tsubasa continued, having missed Meiji's response to her the first time she proposed the alien theory.

ef015feee4f44a208ec026a368822b91107a61da.jpg

"Pfft! Hello? Tsubasa, right? Not an alien over here, at least three of us are pretty much robots from Earth." Meiji spoke up with a slight wave to get the bluenette's attention, amusement in her tone.

"Most likely not your version of it, but it's definitely Earth." She added.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Capri @Farewell @Crunch @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Everyone

Rin Kagamine
And Rin thought Gachapoid was weird for dressing up like a turtle. At least he looked remotely human. His voice was obviouslllyyy inferior and way more robotic then hers, but at least it wasn't sleazy. Or whatever you called gross voices like that. Plus he was actually cute. If Camille didn't do it, Rin probably would have tried to go up to the mouse man's face as well and tell him to knock it off! The little android crossed her arms and pouted at the shocked mouse. He wasn't unsuspicious at all and Rin wasn't about to trust him!

"Well, I'll like to-"

Did she just...hear what she think she did? Rin's face lightened at the sound of food. She didn't exactly have to eat food, but she felt soooo tired. She was still crossing her arms, but made a blank neutral stare at captors or whatever instead while walking to the manager office. Not that the pout was intimidating anyways.

"Hey, like, when you say we boarded the ship, does it mean that we actually agreed to sign up, or something?"

Rin had a very tempting feeling to continue talking and let out her true thoughts (She wasn't exactly sure what they were, but when she'll know when she talks!). But whatever, she got interrupted by about fifty other people saying the exact same thing at the exact same time?

"Heyyy? Mister Mockey the Mouse? I'm hungry."
@Yun Lee @Anyone
She remained quiet, quiet as the door opened, quiet as the manager's voice rang from the other room. She had accepted it by now, she wasn't sure if it made her feel better or not, but she had already settled and accepted this reality, and she wasn't about to challenge it. Whether she was a pop idol, an actor, or in some sort of talent show, she was needed. Someone told her what to do.

Him. She gasped for a moment when she saw the manager. He was...

No he wasn't. That man was taller, larger. The skin was more green. She can't believed she had ever mistaken him.

"Um. So this talent show...we were brought here? What for? What do we win?"

She sounded just at home. A contracted singer asking and making inquiries genuinely.

@Yun Lee @Anyone

"I think it would be better for us to have our equipment on us before we begin threatening, but you look like the kind of guy who could crack a guy's neck with your bare hands," he said to Dante
"Astute observation." Dante bowed. "Can do, have done, will do again."

"Fuck waiting, I'm kicking his ass NOW!" yelled Camille, dashing to the mouse-like humanoid. With her sports tape-wrapped fist, she immediately threw a punch at his face.
Camille would find her punch quickly blocked by Margaret, who didn't even bat an eye. "I see...and what are we doing here, Mylar? I, uh, am still a bit hazy after the trip."
A smile slowly crawled across Dante's lips.
A clapped. It started of slowly. Almost sarcastically. But he slowly started picking up speed. Before Camille or Margaret knew it, they were receiving a show of applause, courtesy of the Half-Demon.
"Bravo! Bravo! What a show!"

"What are you two doing?" The Doctor asked Marie and Tsubasa as he came up behind them. "You don't take the lead. I take the lead. That's how this works. Big clues, first in the pack." He hastened his steps so that he'd be the first one to enter the office and confront this manager of theirs. "Besides you probably wouldn't even know what to ask him."
"Who am I? I'm the Doctor. I elected myself the leader because I'm no doubt the only one here who can get you out of this situation alive, and because no one else did. No backsies."
"That's some aggressive dick measuring, pal." Dante chirped. "Maybe stick to diagnosing shit next time. Hey, maybe you can help me out. Ya see, I've got this real pain in my ass. It's about 6ft tall. Covered in gray hair. More wrinkles than a raisin. I'm guessing you've seen something like it before. What do I do about it, Doc? Do I remove it? Or just tell it to back its aging ass up and leave the kids alone?

"Avoiding Bar Fights?" Dante tutted to himself as he picked Nevan up off of the instrument pile. "Trust ol' Mickey to get in the way of my kinda fun..." He ran his fingers along the strings and gave it a gentle strum. It hadn't been tampered with, thank God. He pitied the foot who tried to screw with a demonic toy like Nevan. "Yano, I want to believe you 'boss', I really do..." Dante continue to play a few simple cords. Sparks of purple danced across his fingertips. "But if we really did sign up for this 'show', the hell did we sign? You got any papers in that desk o' yours? A roll call, or somethin'? Something we mighta signed? You know what..." He changed keys. "Better question. Who the put that trail mix in our dressing room? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Man... Couldn't've given us some candy or somethin'? Couple o' boxes o' pizza? Some real food? For shame, man, for shame..."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi etc. etc.​

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Sark @Farewell @Takumi @Ver @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

"Yano, I want to believe you 'boss', I really do..." Dante continue to play a few simple cords. Sparks of purple danced across his fingertips. "But if we really did sign up for this 'show', the hell did we sign? You got any papers in that desk o' yours? A roll call, or somethin'? Something we mighta signed? You know what..." He changed keys. "Better question. Who the put that trail mix in our dressing room? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Man... Couldn't've given us some candy or somethin'? Couple o' boxes o' pizza? Some real food? For shame, man, for shame..."

View attachment 8716
“I would also really like to see where I supposedly agreed to do this,” Snufkin says.

He highly doubts that there is anything, he would never willingly sign anything in his life that would mean that a part of himself, such as his music, would be owned by another person.​

A clapped. It started of slowly. Almost sarcastically. But he slowly started picking up speed. Before Camille or Margaret knew it, they were receiving a show of applause, courtesy of the Half-Demon.

"That's some aggressive dick measuring, pal."
Dante chirped. "Maybe stick to diagnosing shit next time. Hey, maybe you can help me out. Ya see, I've got this real pain in my ass. It's about 6ft tall. Covered in gray hair. More wrinkles than a raisin. I'm guessing you've seen something like it before. What do I do about it, Doc? Do I remove it? Or just tell it to back its aging ass up and leave the kids alone?

"Avoiding Bar Fights?"
Dante tutted to himself as he picked Nevan up off of the instrument pile. "Trust ol' Mickey to get in the way of my kinda fun..." He ran his fingers along the strings and gave it a gentle strum. It hadn't been tampered with, thank God. He pitied the foot who tried to screw with a demonic toy like Nevan. "Yano, I want to believe you 'boss', I really do..." Dante continue to play a few simple cords. Sparks of purple danced across his fingertips. "But if we really did sign up for this 'show', the hell did we sign? You got any papers in that desk o' yours? A roll call, or somethin'? Something we mighta signed? You know what..." He changed keys. "Better question. Who the put that trail mix in our dressing room? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Man... Couldn't've given us some candy or somethin'? Couple o' boxes o' pizza? Some real food? For shame, man, for shame..."

View attachment 8722

"Ay, I gotta agree with this one," Lord Raptor grumbled, jutting a thumb towards the red-coated demon hunter. "Would it kill you to throw in some supple cuts of fle-- I mean -- steak in the pile? How the 'ell do you expect me to keep these pythons in shape if you're cutting the fuckin' protein, pickle boy?"

@Yun Lee @Sark @Farewell @Takumi @Ver @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

"Now, see? Why can't you all be more like this bloke over here?" The Manager pointed at Raptor as he gave up the guitar. "As for the show we're puttin' on, it's for your own sakes. You're gonna perform a song and win a grand prize if you win. A prize so secret, our sponsor won't even let me know what it is!"

"They probably suspect he'd take it for himself if given the chance..." Margaret muttered under her breath to the rest of their group.

"Anyway, none of you HAVE to perform if you ain't feelin' the music, but you'll be missin' out on a lovely prize. And the chance to have your performance broadcast throughout a handful of galaxies! Be grateful you got called in for this, and not one of those Arena ripoffs poppin' up all over the place."

As the question of papers came up, the Manager patted himself down. "You know what...I think I went and left them on the ship! I can show 'em all to you after the show but I'd have to go talk to the valet, get the keys, you know how it is..." He walked back to the desk as he trailed off, leaning on it. "And that trail mix was from our sponsor, had nothin' to do with me." He crumpled up a receipt as he said this. "I hear the lounge itself's got some sweet grub, if that's what you're lookin' for."

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Sark @Crunch @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies

---

"I don't know kid, the age of humans is ancient history! All kept blowing each other up. Me? I'm just trying to run my business." He gave Rin a look. "Food's in the lounge. And the name is Mylar."

He seemed to be growing less fond of the group by the minute.

@Lucky @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @mintyy @Minerva

"Yeah, people really are the worst," Sarah Lynn said in a mock-sympathetic voice, having only really been half-listening to the conversation with Mylar. "Hey, food and alcohol are comped, right? Thanks." Sarah Lynn roughly pushed by the others talking to Mylar to head to the lounge. "Out of my way, assholes!"

@Yun Lee @Mylar Group

"Ay, I gotta agree with this one," Lord Raptor grumbled, jutting a thumb towards the red-coated demon hunter. "Would it kill you to throw in some supple cuts of fle-- I mean -- steak in the pile? How the 'ell do you expect me to keep these pythons in shape if you're cutting the fuckin' protein, pickle boy?"
"Now, see? Why can't you all be more like this bloke over here?" The Manager pointed at Raptor as he gave up the guitar. "As for the show we're puttin' on, it's for your own sakes. You're gonna perform a song and win a grand prize if you win. A prize so secret, our sponsor won't even let me know what it is!"

"They probably suspect he'd take it for himself if given the chance..." Margaret muttered under her breath to the rest of their group.

"Anyway, none of you HAVE to perform if you ain't feelin' the music, but you'll be missin' out on a lovely prize. And the chance to have your performance broadcast throughout a handful of galaxies! Be grateful you got called in for this, and not one of those Arena ripoffs poppin' up all over the place."

As the question of papers came up, the Manager patted himself down. "You know what...I think I went and left them on the ship! I can show 'em all to you after the show but I'd have to go talk to the valet, get the keys, you know how it is..." He walked back to the desk as he trailed off, leaning on it. "And that trail mix was from our sponsor, had nothin' to do with me." He crumpled up a receipt as he said this. "I hear the lounge itself's got some sweet grub, if that's what you're lookin' for."
"You heard the man." Dante shrugged. "Where are our steaks at?"
View attachment 8723
"What were you expecting, man?" The Half-Demon scoffed. "Rock Star talents comes with Rock Star appetites and Rock Star egos. It's a package deal. I mean, don't we have lackeys to come fetch us our feed or something? I wanna snap my fingers and have bunch o' hot chicks rock up to my place dressed as sexy angels carrying plates of grapes." He parked his ass on the end of the Manager's desk. "I'm not usually the ego type, but if we're the main event, then you better start treating us like it. Sharing a dressing room? Having to walk down to the lounge? No Segways? Pfft!" Did Dante actually want the stuff on his shit list? Damn right he did. Was he only brining up to screw with his new manager? Damn right he was. "I bet your ass will be on the line if we all refuse to go on stage until we get our angel-chicks though, right? I want that prize as much as the next guy, but you've got to sweeten the deal, big guy."

@Yun Lee @Crunch @Jeremi @Takumi etc. etc.​

"Eh- Buh- Wha-"

Camille had been listening the entire time, and she struggled to find words that expressed her dumbfoundedness. They were teleported through completely different dimensions for a talent show?! What kind of bullshit explanation was that?! And they just happened to lose their memories of signing up for it, but they could still remember what they were doing before?

Nuh-uh. Camille was not one to be taken for a fool. She completely believed she'd been kidnapped here against her will, and she was still planning to, at some point in time, bash some punk's skull into a wall.

In the meantime, though... she was still gawking at how stupid the people around her were. There was a pale, gothic rockstar wannabe actin' like he was hot shit, and now a white-haired dad-lookin' punk acting like he was tough shit. Camille couldn't believe what she was watching.

I thought people in the Natsu were weird, but I am sure as hell glad I don't live in these dumbasses' universes! Must be an apocalypse or some shit like that to get people this messed up.

Camille internally sighed and looked to the instruments, walking over to them with a somewhat dejected but also determined stance. An electric guitar and a drum set... taken straight from the Irvaron Mansion. This is what made Camille feel like there were question marks all over her head. She knows that since the Battle of Paris, she hadn't even been to Earth, much less her home.​
SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Sark @Crunch @MaxIrvaron @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 8724
"All I want to do is fish!" Snufkin said, "I would never agree to do something like this, which not only has nothing to do with fishing, but also exposes me to a crowd of people I don't know. It would be too loud,"
Camille snapped when she heard this. "Exactly! This whole situation stinks, and I'm pretty sure what I'm smelling here is bullshit. How did you get these instruments from my Earth house? And why do I remember what I did before coming here, but not actually signing up for any of this - how would Lucy put it....? - nonsense." Camille was awfully confident that there was something fishy going on.

@Capri @Yun Lee @Sark @Crunch @Manager group​

---

“A likely explanation.” Or in this case a very unlikely explanation. “And I suppose you took a different form of transportation, considering you are here capable of telling us what we have and have not done.” It was clear to the Doctor that they weren’t going to get any straight answers from this guy. He had that slimy look to him. Thinking he held all the cards in the situation.

The Doctor got off from the chair to look over the instruments. “There she is.” The Doctor picked up a guitar and strummed a few cords on it. “At least you haven’t hurt her. Though if there is a talent show I probably have to get her in shape. Besides.”

Murdoch was back in the Doctor’s peripheral. “Why us? Why a talent show? Breeching the multiversal barriers isn’t something you just do you don’t go out for a cup of tea to another world because you’re peckish. What else do you have to tell us Mr. Green?”

View attachment 8714

View attachment 8715

“Don’t worry she’ll get it eventually,” The Doctor remarked to Maria. “You can’t cuddle her like that you know, let her figure it out by herself. What will she do if you're not there to tell, hmm?”

"That's some aggressive dick measuring, pal."
Dante chirped. "Maybe stick to diagnosing shit next time. Hey, maybe you can help me out. Ya see, I've got this real pain in my ass. It's about 6ft tall. Covered in gray hair. More wrinkles than a raisin. I'm guessing you've seen something like it before. What do I do about it, Doc? Do I remove it? Or just tell it to back its aging ass up and leave the kids alone?

"Avoiding Bar Fights?"
Dante tutted to himself as he picked Nevan up off of the instrument pile. "Trust ol' Mickey to get in the way of my kinda fun..." He ran his fingers along the strings and gave it a gentle strum. It hadn't been tampered with, thank God. He pitied the foot who tried to screw with a demonic toy like Nevan. "Yano, I want to believe you 'boss', I really do..." Dante continue to play a few simple cords. Sparks of purple danced across his fingertips. "But if we really did sign up for this 'show', the hell did we sign? You got any papers in that desk o' yours? A roll call, or somethin'? Something we mighta signed? You know what..." He changed keys. "Better question. Who the put that trail mix in our dressing room? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Man... Couldn't've given us some candy or somethin'? Couple o' boxes o' pizza? Some real food? For shame, man, for shame..."

"Oh a finally! A simple question and a simple answer!" The Doctor spun around to eye the speaker and when he saw Dante he gave him a 'really?' look before answering the question. "You leave it alone and maybe. Just maybe. It will get your peroxide bleached hair out of this mess with you having to break one of your pretty boy nails." He scoffed.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Sark @Crunch @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies

---

"I don't know kid, the age of humans is ancient history! All kept blowing each other up. Me? I'm just trying to run my business." He gave Rin a look. "Food's in the lounge. And the name is Mylar."

He seemed to be growing less fond of the group by the minute.

@Lucky @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @mintyy @Minerva

"Yes, how lucky and purely coinsidental of us to have one such as you deal with our profts an future revenue I'm sure. If your masters wants a talent show then it's a talent show that they will get."

Cassidy blinked at the little mouse, he spoke as if they willingly came. She sucked in a quick inhale before going to ask questions, but to her surprise, she got answers to questions she didn't think of.

Green guy? Fast asleep? Talent show?

None of this really made sense, but she had no choice but to continue on. She let out a small sigh, before following the group to meet this so-called manager- too overwhelmed to protest or argue.

As they reached the door she heard the man's voice muffled through the door- it's make-shift sign lining up with what Mylar had said. She moved to knock, but a short man knocked than opened the door without hesitation. A man with stark black hair, with a slight green tinge to his skin welcomed them, his eyes were narrow at them. She was shocked as one of the others just walked in and sat down.

Due to the green man's reaction to the accusation, he most definitely kidnapped them.

He didn't really answer any further questions but offered them their instruments- to which Cassidy swooped up her case and put it on her back. The bass game her some comfort.

"Why are we holding a show?" She frowned, her question along with the others were half-dodged and the man only muttered out more excuses.
She pulled out her bass playing a low grungey tune.

"Who even are you?"

@Yun Lee @Sark @Crunch @Ver @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Manager

The Manager's eye started twitching, growing more and more erratic with each new voice of suspicion and concern, until finally it all boiled over and he threw his hands in the air. "ARGH! You ungrateful, snivelling lot! I bring you here to give you your big break, I foot your bill so it's all you can eat, all you can drink, and I promise to drop you off back home no questions asked...and this is the thanks I get for my blood, sweat, and tears?! Spoiled brats is what you all are! It's enough to make me wanna rip my own hair out!! And for your information, you little Evanescence-lookin' prick, if you all choose not to perform, it doesn't matter to me one way or another! Because I got me a secret weapon that guarantees I'll get at least one of you birds chirpin'!"

"Oh, and let me guess..." Margaret gave the taped-up trunk a light kick with her foot. "Is it in here?"

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!!! Grrrrr...ALRIGHT! EVERYONE, OUT!!!" The Manager herded the group in the office out, not giving anybody a chance to fight back. "Sod off, the lot of you! I'll bring your instruments backstage myself! And anybody who tries to get back into this office will find themselves in a trunk half the size of that one!!"

WHAM!

The door slammed in the group's face, and the door could be heard locking, along with something sliding on the floor to block anyone from breaking it down. Margaret sighed. "Well...I'd say that could've gone better, but something tells me it was always going to end that way."

---

View attachment 8726

The lounge of Mylar's definitely had a futuristic yet tacky feel to it, with bright neon lights attempting to outshine the rusty metal brown of the interior. A small handful of patrons milled about at small tables and booths, all looking like animal-human hybrids like Mylar, and the bar was manned by some automated machine. There were tablets in place to input your food or drink orders from the menu, and it seemed the machine would make them. There was a stage near the bar, illuminated by violet lights and with the backdrop of a city skyline at night.

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri @mintyy

The Manager's eye started twitching, growing more and more erratic with each new voice of suspicion and concern, until finally it all boiled over and he threw his hands in the air. "ARGH! You ungrateful, snivelling lot! I bring you here to give you your big break, I foot your bill so it's all you can eat, all you can drink, and I promise to drop you off back home no questions asked...and this is the thanks I get for my blood, sweat, and tears?! Spoiled brats is what you all are! It's enough to make me wanna rip my own hair out!! And for your information, you little Evanescence-lookin' prick, if you all choose not to perform, it doesn't matter to me one way or another! Because I got me a secret weapon that guarantees I'll get at least one of you birds chirpin'!"

"Oh, and let me guess..." Margaret gave the taped-up trunk a light kick with her foot. "Is it in here?"

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!!! Grrrrr...ALRIGHT! EVERYONE, OUT!!!" The Manager herded the group in the office out, not giving anybody a chance to fight back. "Sod off, the lot of you! I'll bring your instruments backstage myself! And anybody who tries to get back into this office will find themselves in a trunk half the size of that one!!"

WHAM!

The door slammed in the group's face, and the door could be heard locking, along with something sliding on the floor to block anyone from breaking it down. Margaret sighed. "Well...I'd say that could've gone better, but something tells me it was always going to end that way."

---

View attachment 8726

The lounge of Mylar's definitely had a futuristic yet tacky feel to it, with bright neon lights attempting to outshine the rusty metal brown of the interior. A small handful of patrons milled about at small tables and booths, all looking like animal-human hybrids like Mylar, and the bar was manned by some automated machine. There were tablets in place to input your food or drink orders from the menu, and it seemed the machine would make them. There was a stage near the bar, illuminated by violet lights and with the backdrop of a city skyline at night.

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri @mintyy

As the door slammed in front of his face the Doctor seemed to have a small smirk on his. "If it wasn't clear he was very keen on dodging my questions, which would imply he's hiding something. Didn't like to be put on the spot. Will have to remember that for later."

Stepping back to the bar the Doctor gave the place a look over. "What is it with futuristic but not really places like this always looking so almost bright but not quite. Pick a light and stick with it. Might as well go back to the 1980s."

Cassidy's eyes were wide at the interaction, the door slamming in her face shocking her. She clicked her tongue before putting her bass away and throwing the case over her shoulder before walking down to the lounge. She was thankful the man hadn't managed to grab it from her in his rant.

The lounge was strange, yet- the atmosphere was familiar. She grabbed a cooler from the bar, taking a swig of it before finding a corner on the floor. She sat down, landing with a small noise. She pulled out her bass and started playing a riff, humming along as she did so.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @mintyy

Back