"Now, see? Why can't you all be more like this bloke over here?" The Manager pointed at Raptor as he gave up the guitar. "As for the show we're puttin' on, it's for your own sakes. You're gonna perform a song and win a grand prize if you win. A prize so secret, our sponsor won't even let me know what it is!"

"They probably suspect he'd take it for himself if given the chance..." Margaret muttered under her breath to the rest of their group.

"Anyway, none of you HAVE to perform if you ain't feelin' the music, but you'll be missin' out on a lovely prize. And the chance to have your performance broadcast throughout a handful of galaxies! Be grateful you got called in for this, and not one of those Arena ripoffs poppin' up all over the place."

As the question of papers came up, the Manager patted himself down. "You know what...I think I went and left them on the ship! I can show 'em all to you after the show but I'd have to go talk to the valet, get the keys, you know how it is..." He walked back to the desk as he trailed off, leaning on it. "And that trail mix was from our sponsor, had nothin' to do with me." He crumpled up a receipt as he said this. "I hear the lounge itself's got some sweet grub, if that's what you're lookin' for."

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Sark @Crunch @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies

---

"I don't know kid, the age of humans is ancient history! All kept blowing each other up. Me? I'm just trying to run my business." He gave Rin a look. "Food's in the lounge. And the name is Mylar."

He seemed to be growing less fond of the group by the minute.

@Lucky @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @mintyy @Minerva

The Manager's eye started twitching, growing more and more erratic with each new voice of suspicion and concern, until finally it all boiled over and he threw his hands in the air. "ARGH! You ungrateful, snivelling lot! I bring you here to give you your big break, I foot your bill so it's all you can eat, all you can drink, and I promise to drop you off back home no questions asked...and this is the thanks I get for my blood, sweat, and tears?! Spoiled brats is what you all are! It's enough to make me wanna rip my own hair out!! And for your information, you little Evanescence-lookin' prick, if you all choose not to perform, it doesn't matter to me one way or another! Because I got me a secret weapon that guarantees I'll get at least one of you birds chirpin'!"

"Oh, and let me guess..." Margaret gave the taped-up trunk a light kick with her foot. "Is it in here?"

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!!! Grrrrr...ALRIGHT! EVERYONE, OUT!!!" The Manager herded the group in the office out, not giving anybody a chance to fight back. "Sod off, the lot of you! I'll bring your instruments backstage myself! And anybody who tries to get back into this office will find themselves in a trunk half the size of that one!!"

WHAM!

The door slammed in the group's face, and the door could be heard locking, along with something sliding on the floor to block anyone from breaking it down. Margaret sighed. "Well...I'd say that could've gone better, but something tells me it was always going to end that way."

---

View attachment 8726

The lounge of Mylar's definitely had a futuristic yet tacky feel to it, with bright neon lights attempting to outshine the rusty metal brown of the interior. A small handful of patrons milled about at small tables and booths, all looking like animal-human hybrids like Mylar, and the bar was manned by some automated machine. There were tablets in place to input your food or drink orders from the menu, and it seemed the machine would make them. There was a stage near the bar, illuminated by violet lights and with the backdrop of a city skyline at night.

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri @mintyy
Cassidy's eyes were wide at the interaction, the door slamming in her face shocking her. She clicked her tongue before putting her bass away and throwing the case over her shoulder before walking down to the lounge. She was thankful the man hadn't managed to grab it from her in his rant.

The lounge was strange, yet- the atmosphere was familiar. She grabbed a cooler from the bar, taking a swig of it before finding a corner on the floor. She sat down, landing with a small noise. She pulled out her bass and started playing a riff, humming along as she did so.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @mintyy

Meiji had a few choice words, but never got to say them, simply rolling her eyes as they were headed out and the door slammed into their faces. Scowling, she huffed before taking in the sights. It was very very bright. Turning, the Utauloid noticed Cassidy by herself and walked over.

a86595da8564594103a1554db218a8b681c26f49.jpg

"You okay with me sitting with you?" She asked as she approached. She wasn't hungry, and she didn't want a drink. She didn't really want to have to clean her compartments out at the moment anyway.

Gris had simply watched the other's agitate the green man, head tilted slightly as his eye began twitching and then blinking in surprise as they were kicked out.

Once in the lounge, she squinted. The colors here were bright in an almost painful way, but was quickly distracted by the machine at the bar, but also by the menu. She stared at it for a moment, stomach growling loudly. She noticed Snufkin ordering something and tapped his shoulder.

"Pancakes? Do they taste good?" She asked, gaze curious as she leaned against the table slightly to look at the menus.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Farewell @Sark @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Everyone

❝ I need some bubble tea and popcorn chicken to settle down... ❞ Neko sighed once the talk with the manager didn't end too well. She trudged herself into the lounge with everyone else, ordered herself the bubble tea and popcorn chicken she was thinking about, and moved herself near Snufkin and Gris.

❝ Guess it's not too late for pancakes. ❞ She awkwardly tried to make addition conversation here and there.

Off to the side, Calliope could be seen arriving to the lounge late, carrying a sleepy Korone-senpai in with her.

OhmygodIamnotfitforphysicalactivityatallfu- The reaper spat out in a single breath before unceremoniously collapsing on the ground, and in addition, dropping Korone on the floor with a thud.

@Yun Lee @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @mintyy

Camille was... quite flabbergasted, frankly. There was so much information that was not happy about being shoved down her throat at once, she she found herself twirling her hair trying to comprehend it as she headed back to the bar. Looking around, it gave her a sense of familiarity; it reminded her of the kingdom... what was it, Caccio Spirito or something? But the memories were overloaded by the sense of "what the fuck is going on right now".

And that sense was only strengthened when she heard that all-too-familiar "I'm about to pass out" chant that Kenzie always did, except this time, it looked like Calliope was the victim. "Oh shit!" Camille exclaimed, heading over to the pink-haired... not Earthling thing? She stuck her hand out, nonverbally offering to help Calliope up. "Are you good, Calliope?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Anyone else​

Last edited:
SNUFKIN
@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

"Pancakes? Do they taste good?"

View attachment 8737
“Have you never had a pancake before?” Snufkin said to Gris, “Go on, order one, try it!”

❝ Guess it's not too late for pancakes. ❞

Turning over to Neko, his face softened slightly.

"I personally believe it doesn't matter what time of day it is, if you want something you can get it. It was also the only thing on here I recognized,"

Rin Kagamine
Rin would've smiled after Myler granted her request, but that look of 'I hate you all' from him brought her mood right back down. Still with her arms crossed, Rin made her way to the lounge. By the time the entire group was kicked out, Rin was already halfway across the hall. Hah. With a cheeky grin at everyone, she put her hands up like a bird. She basically was flying with how fast she was running, partially to get to the food first, and mostly for fun. She wanted to yell at the manager just like everyone else. She wanted out as well, she wanted to sing her own songs, not partake in some stupid contest! But hey, what could she do?

"Hmmmmpppp...."

Rin, being slightly dramatic, made a frustrated noise at just how tacky it all was. Sure, Miku sang....sung World is Mine, but she was no sort of cyber diva. That role went to Rin! Who else would be performing songs like Daughter of Evil otherwise. Still, it was really nice of them to have such a large and expensive looking lounge! Rin touched one of the tablets and began circling through it for anything interesting to eat or drink. Honestly, she could eat anything that wasn't oranges or brioche at this point. It was pretty nice of the kidnappers to have so much food for them!....Excluding the fact they were still kidnappers.

"Hello, hello! Can I sit with you? I know it's not the best time to eat since we just woke up and apparently people's appetites don't respond well to kidnapper's food, but oh well!"

She said as she moved closer at the group. Without waiting for a reply. Of course, she would move if asked, but still. She was still looking at the tablet. She had a cheeky, childish grin on her. Not that that was special. Her fingers were just ready to tap rapidly.

View attachment 8738

"Do you think the manager will get really mad if we ordered the most expensive food on the menuuuu?~ I'll take a pancake, by the way, thanks!"

That....didn't go well.

Could she have changed anything if she spoke? Or would that Doctor, or that girl would have interrupted her? She didn't know. She felt just as tired as she'd always been. The idol singer walked at the back of the group, passing by any of the tablets. She didn't feel like eating. No, she couldn't eat. If she eat, maybe she'll cough up blood and die, or maybe she'll just disappear. With everything that's happened, everything seemed plausible.

The woman sat in the back of the bar. Looking down. Everything was the same, it sounded all the same.

Screaming. Yelling? Was it happy? Sad? She looked up to see a girl fall to the floor, and someone she recognised earlier (She thinks) tending to her. The woman stood up, concerned.

"Is she alright? She seems..."

Wrong line.

She forced herself to smile, and put her hands put her hands behind her back, leaning down gently. It felt just like she was interacting with fans again. The forced smile relaxed, and she had become the mask of happiness. She bobbed down to reach their faces.

"Oh, that's quite a surprise! Calliope, is it? Do you need any help, or do you and your friend just need some rest?"

She stood up, and her walk seemed...innocent. More girly. More younger. She was still sweetly smiling.

"You want anything? I find that some water during a show always helps."

@MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies @Anyone​

SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Farewell @Crow @mintyy @EveryoneElse

"I'll take the girl from here, Calliope," Sweet Ann said, taking Korone from the V-Tuber's arms, "You have some rest,"

Lifting Korone with surprising ease, she sat down on a seat next to Calliope.

"I hope you wake up soon, sweetie," she muttered to the sleeping dog-girl in a motherly way, "Things right now are... complicated. I'm sure everything will be sorted out in the end, but for now, just wake up,"

Last edited:
SNUFKIN
@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 8737
“Have you never had a pancake before?” Snufkin said to Gris, “Go on, order one, try it!”

Turning over to Neko, his face softened slightly.

"I personally believe it doesn't matter what time of day it is, if you want something you can get it. It was also the only thing on here I recognized,"

"Mm, no." Gris answered with a shake of her head, before ordering one herself once she figured out how to do it.

Rin Kagamine
Rin would've smiled after Myler granted her request, but that look of 'I hate you all' from him brought her mood right back down. Still with her arms crossed, Rin made her way to the lounge. By the time the entire group was kicked out, Rin was already halfway across the hall. Hah. With a cheeky grin at everyone, she put her hands up like a bird. She basically was flying with how fast she was running, partially to get to the food first, and mostly for fun. She wanted to yell at the manager just like everyone else. She wanted out as well, she wanted to sing her own songs, not partake in some stupid contest! But hey, what could she do?

"Hmmmmpppp...."

Rin, being slightly dramatic, made a frustrated noise at just how tacky it all was. Sure, Miku sang....sung World is Mine, but she was no sort of cyber diva. That role went to Rin! Who else would be performing songs like Daughter of Evil otherwise. Still, it was really nice of them to have such a large and expensive looking lounge! Rin touched one of the tablets and began circling through it for anything interesting to eat or drink. Honestly, she could eat anything that wasn't oranges or brioche at this point. It was pretty nice of the kidnappers to have so much food for them!....Excluding the fact they were still kidnappers.

"Hello, hello! Can I sit with you? I know it's not the best time to eat since we just woke up and apparently people's appetites don't respond well to kidnapper's food, but oh well!"

She said as she moved closer at the group. Without waiting for a reply. Of course, she would move if asked, but still. She was still looking at the tablet. She had a cheeky, childish grin on her. Not that that was special. Her fingers were just ready to tap rapidly.

View attachment 8738

"Do you think the manager will get really mad if we ordered the most expensive food on the menuuuu?~ I'll take a pancake, by the way, thanks!"

That....didn't go well.

Could she have changed anything if she spoke? Or would that Doctor, or that girl would have interrupted her? She didn't know. She felt just as tired as she'd always been. The idol singer walked at the back of the group, passing by any of the tablets. She didn't feel like eating. No, she couldn't eat. If she eat, maybe she'll cough up blood and die, or maybe she'll just disappear. With everything that's happened, everything seemed plausible.

The woman sat in the back of the bar. Looking down. Everything was the same, it sounded all the same.

Screaming. Yelling? Was it happy? Sad? She looked up to see a girl fall to the floor, and someone she recognised earlier (She thinks) tending to her. The woman stood up, concerned.

"Is she alright? She seems..."

Wrong line.

She forced herself to smile, and put her hands put her hands behind her back, leaning down gently. It felt just like she was interacting with fans again. The forced smile relaxed, and she had become the mask of happiness. She bobbed down to reach their faces.

"Oh, that's quite a surprise! Calliope, is it? Do you need any help, or do you and your friend just need some rest?"

She stood up, and her walk seemed...innocent. More girly. More younger. She was still sweetly smiling.

"You want anything? I find that some water during a show always helps."

@MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies @Anyone​

"You can sit." Gris replied, smiling at Rin in a friendly way, though tilted her head when asked about the chance of the manager bring mad if they got the most expensive thing on the menu. They already made him mad, wouldn't that just make it worse?

She wondered if he'd get mad enough to turn red, angry like the desert sands with harsh winds that pushed and lashed out? Gris wasn't sure she wanted to see that type of anger.

@Capri @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies @Pancake Squad

As everyome continued to mingle about, Mylar walked onstage, adjusting the microphone's height to reach down to him. Tapping it a few times to get everyome's attention, he cleared his throat.

"Ahem! Good evening, everybody! I wanna wish you all a vwarm welcome to Mylar's, the host of the OBLIVION Intergalactic Talent Search! As a special treat, for a limited time only we have the OBLIVION Orbiter as a special cocktail, made with OBLIVION Energy Drinks! Make sure to try one while you're here, you can only get them at Mylar's!"

His corporate shilling out of the way, the mouse-man took his microphone off the stand and stepped forward. "We've got a great show for you all tonight, folks, and it'll be starting in just twenty minutes! A talent show, starring the best and brightest new stars from all over the galaxy! Ain't that something? And once we get this camera of ours up and running, it'll be broadcast live all over the planet! Just hang tight, grab yourself something to eat, and this talent show will be one you don't wanna miss!"

---

The OBLIVION Intergalactic Talent Show!
(OOC Information)

The talent show is a fun way for us to get into the spirit of a musical setting, and a fun way to give one lucky participant of this roleplay a chance to take on a special role that will be important to the plot. I've designed this little game to be as stress-free as possible, letting people have a few days to work on their act and also letting it be an optional event. We're all here to have fun, after all!

Rules/Info
  • In order to participate in the talent show, you must make an in-character post of one of your characters performing a song. For narrative purposes, your character must sing. They can play instruments if they know how/would like to, but in order to be considered for the special role, they must sing.​
  • Your song can either be one your character performs themselves in the canon they come from, a song from a band or artist that isn't necessarily related to your character or franchise, or an original song if you so desire. You will, however, need to post the lyrics for your song.​
  • This will be mentioned IC-ly as well, but special effects are available, and will give you creative freedom to do whatever you'd like, basically. Change the scenery, add background performers...you're basically creating your own music video here, and have full room to get as creative as possible. Once this starts, I will have Margaret perform right away, so you have an idea of what you'll be capable of.​
  • You can still use images/gifs, but no more than three.​
  • Only one entry per roleplayer. If you are playing a duo, then you must pick one of your characters to perform, and only that character will be eligible for the role.​
  • As stated before, this is 100% optional. You don't have to participate if you don't want to. That also goes for opting out of being considered for the special role: if you would like to post a performance for both of your characters, or just post one for fun, please specify at the start of your post by adding an OOC note that says it is just for fun, not for participation.​
  • The role is going to be important throughout the entire roleplay. Of course real life events are unpredictable and uncontrollable, but if you do participate and get the role I will need you to work together with me on a few things, including collab posts and certain scenes in the roleplay itself. Please keep this in mind when joining in.​
  • The period for posting talent show acts will be from Wednesday, September 23, 12 pm PST/3 pm EST, to Sunday, September 27, 12 pm PST/3 pm EST. After that the voting phase will start, and will last for two days. When the voting phase is over, the prologue will end. I will post voting information when the time comes.​
  • If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask in our OOC areas! I'm more than happy to assist you in having as much fun and as little stress as possible.​
@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri @mintyy

❝ You're not wrong there, I guess. I always find an opportunity to have bubble tea when I can. ❞ Neko nodded in agreement with Snufkin's take on having any food at any time of the day. She took a sip out of the straw as she watched mingling and talking that was taking place in the lounge.

FSLo0pK.png

❝ Y-yeah... I'm good... fine... okay... Amazing. ❞ Calliope grumbled once she got helped up by Camille. This was surely not what she had on her schedule, but it seemed to be the usual shtick of being down on herself. Though, she was surprised by an offer for a drink, blinking several times just to be sure.

❝ Ah... s-sure. A glass of water would actually do me better than a whole bottle of red wine... Gotta take it easy. Thanks. ❞ Calliope stammered out a response to Mima, it was only polite. Plus, this was well needed if she were to ever rest up for what could happen next, sitting down to take it easy like she said.

... oh, a talent show.

❝ Talent show incoming... huh, I don't have the time to write up a new rap so I can just stick with the debut one... ❞ She thought out loud, thinking that this would be a neat opportunity to see how performing in front of people in person would go. Except, she just remembered one crucial detail.

❝ Crap. I can't rap without the instrumental track. I left my work laptop with the remixing demon too. Ha ha... just my sweet luck. ❞ The reaper groaned in self-defeat already, slumping in her seat.

FfSHIpc.jpg

❝ Um... I can help provide the instrumental, if you want? ❞ Neko figured to say something after noticing that the pink-haired reaper was in need of some help with her dilemma.

❝ W-w-w-w-wait, seriously?! You sure? Like... don't you want to participate in the talent show too? I really don't want to eat your time and all that. ❞ Calliope's slumped head shot up once she realized that Neko was also genuinely offering to help, almost feeling guilty that her mopey attitude was tugging at people's emotions a bit much.

❝ It's fine. I can't sing too well, so mixing tracks is what I do. ❞ Neko reassured her that it would be fine otherwise, taking off her headphones to put them on Calliope's head. ❝ Just take a listen to this, so you know if my work... works out for your plans. ❞

❝ ... holy fucking shit. Okay, I'm convinced. An instrumental is all I need in order to do my rap, you sure you can put one out in crunch time? ❞ Calliope saw no reason to turn down Neko's offer to help now after listening to that, taking off the headphones to pass back to Neko. The only concern now is whether it was possible to push out something in time or not.

❝ Yup. I have some samples to use, and with a mix table, you'll have yourself a nice NEKO-esque mix without losing your original beat. ❞ Neko answered with a confident smile, since this was what she was really good at as a musician. She would be met with a tight hug from the reaper without much warning.

❝ Aaaaa!! Thank you so much! You're such a lifesaver, person I never met before! ❞

❝ Uh... Calliope, right? It's Neko. ❞

❝ Thank you, Neko!! ❞

This was slowly becoming a really awkwardly long hug.

@Capri @Farewell @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee

PAREO

As everyone had (somewhat) settled down and got their heads in the game, a dainty looking girl would peek her head into the lounge.

View attachment 8739

"Umm... Excuse me?" she asked to no one in particular, her timid voice drowned out by the surroundings. She spent all this time in the dressing area, thinking super hard, trying to recall how in the world she got here.

Can I even be here? Geez, they're selling alcohol and stuff but I'm underage... Maybe it's legal for aliens?

Did she understand anything the others said about powers and kidnapping and whatnot? No, but she did hear something about music, and that was all that really mattered. She clung onto the belief that everything was just one big, weird dream where she'd have to play music for aliens or something.

Which was... kinda cool, honestly. She would enjoy this opportunity to the fullest.

"Where did everyone... Aha!" She spotted the group from earlier sat around a table and made her way towards them, bumping against a few odd-looking people(?) along the way.

She stood by the table, not wanting to just squeeze in between the seats; some of them were super intimidating, so she'd rather not get on their bad side, dream people or not.

That was when she saw Rin.
The actual Rin-flipping-Kagamine.

View attachment 8743

"Oh my gosh!! How?! This has got to be the best dream ever— You look so much cuter in real life!!"

"I'm Pareo! My band! Raise a Suilen! We did a cover of one of your songs!! Bring It On! I never expected to meet you here! Or anywhere actually, because... you're a Vocaloid—"

Pareo tried to salvage whatever air of professionalism she had left by shutting up. You're talking too much, she reprimanded herself.

"I mean... Can I sit with you?"

--

OLIVER

It was hot.
He couldn't breathe.
Where was he?

When his eye snapped open, all he could see was darkness. Suffocating, entrapping, making him panic—

Until he shot up out of the pile of clothes on the floor in what seemed to be a dressing room of some sort. He pushed all the clothes — and a sock on his head — away.

A girl with long twin tails that reminded him of Hatsune Miku was there, murmuring about choo-choo-sama, or something along those lines. When she walked out, he tailed behind her, which then brought him to the lounge.

He felt like crying. Tears were already glossing his eyes when he caught sight of someone familiar in the distance.

Mother.

"W-What's going on?" he asked her after dashing towards her in record spee visible panic in his eye. "Where is this?"

SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @mintyy @Gummi Bunnies @Farewell @Crow @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @EveryoneElse

"W-What's going on?" Where is this?"

A familiar voice called out, making Ann's head turn.

View attachment 8746
"O-Ollie?"

Placing Korone down onto the couch, Ann turned to face Oliver.

"Ollie!"

She ran over to Oliver and gave him a big hug, tears streaking down her cheeks.

"My dear," she said between sobs "I-I was so sc-scared. I-I thought I lost you, sweetie,"

A sudden realization came to her. She separated from the embrace and looked at Oliver with a look that's filled with a mixture of fear and concern.

"Oh... oh no... oh they... I-I don't know how to explain this... all of this, any of this, but I-I think that you should sit down,"

She guided Oliver over to a chair nearby Korone, and with a sigh, she began to explain.

"Honey, we've been... kidnapped, and the guy who kidnapped us is gonna make us... make me, partake in a talent show. I-I'm not entirely sure how this will work out, but I will try and take you off the performance list, okay? I don't know what's gonna happen, what's happening right now, or where we are, but I promise, we will both get home, okay? There are friends we can t-trust... there's Margaret, and... and Calliope, and... there's Rin and Meiji... and..."

At that moment, Ann pulled Oliver into another embrace, more tears flowing down her face. She doesn't care about anyone else, all she wants to do is stay in this moment with Oliver.​

Cassidy hummed along to the bass' low tune, looking up as another girl approached her. She gave her a smile when she asked to sit with her, patting the floor as a response.

"Go for it," she grinned before going back to play her bass, its rumble quiet due to it not being plugged in. Her momentary bliss over as Mylar took the stage, taking her attention. She let out a small laugh as the mouse went through his sponsored ramblings, but her mouth went agape at the talent show. She knew it was supposed to happen- but twenty minutes???

They were just told they were kidnapped, then forced to perform and they only get twenty minutes.

She didn't have her full group, but she could sing- not as good as Zaria but still. She knew she could do it.

@Yun Lee @Takumi

View attachment 8749

"Broadcast all over the world, huh? I must admit, that spectacle is even getting to me. If I must sing, I suppose I have no other choice," Maria chuckled softly, letting herself get swept up in the excitement. If there was some sort of strange, ulterior motive here, surely nothing would go wrong while the eyes of this whole alien planet would be watching, right? Besides, if nothing else, this would be their chance to prove that the power of music could overcome the Curse of Balal.

It was one thing to try and unite all of Earth, to communicate feelings in a way that could not possibly be misunderstood, through music. It would be another trifle entirely to connect to an entirely different world.

"What do you say, Tsubasa? Care to do a bit together?"

View attachment 8748

"I refuse," she only said flatly.

"Eeh? Why not?!" Maria exclaimed in surprise.

"I am still suspicious about the nature of this predicament. I am too ill at ease to be able to sing, unless it is to fight. I can only hope that they were being truthful about myself being able to activate my Gear again, but I dare not test it out just yet. A sword must always keep itself sharpened, lest the blade dull over time," the stern young woman responded. She wasn't a nationally renowned idol back home for nothing, but in her eyes, now was not the time to be flaunting her singing prowess, not when there was still just so much that didn't entirely add up from her perspective.

"Is that how you truly feel?" Maria sighed, playing with her curly hair with her finger as she spoke, in actuality teasing Tsubasa despite knowing how dense her dear friend could be. "And here, I was hoping we could sing together, just the two of us, into the night like you promised..."

"M-Maria... Enough foolishness. You know just as well as I do that something is not entirely right here," Tsubasa replied, averting her gaze briefly as though hiding away her softly flushing features.

"Fine then! In that case...!"

Suddenly, Maria playfully took Tsubasa's hands in her own, looking earnestly in her eyes with a resolved smile, eliciting a soft gasp of surprise from the bluenette.

"I'll sing my heart out, just me, and I'll show you all about my true feelings! You may still call yourself a sword, Tsubasa, but I'll show you just what it really means to be a woman!"

"M-Maria?! What is that supposed to mean?!"

"Oop, looks like I should be going! I'll be back in just a moment, then!" Maria exclaimed, only winking at Tsubasa before hopping off, completely ignoring Tsubasa's confusion as she began to hightail it to where she needed to be...​

With no fanfare or specific actions, the Doctor sauntered up to the stage with his guitar over his shoulder. Plugging the guitar into an amp he’d then walk up to the microphone and lean in to speak only to stop and turn around to play with the synth board before returning to the mic.

JkT4KDq.png

“Hello. I am the Doctor. A lot of people here don’t seem to know who I am so…” A twang of his guitar. “I figured introductions were in order.”

lI7YZnz.png

As he said that the synth woke to life and the gathered crowd was treated to prime talk-singing that would put even William Shatner to shame. As he finished the Doctor spoke one final time to the crowd and to whoever else was listening. “Before this is over I’m the one who will be on top. Your masters are going to be in for a real tanking in the rating. Thank you! Remember to tip the waiter and try the veal!” Peace sign held high the Doctor would exit the stage.

@Yun Lee @Everybody​

SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @mintyy @EveryoneElse

"I think that it's time for me to go. Stay here, I'll see you soon," Sweet Ann said to Oliver.

After taking a few moments to dry her tears, she walks over to the stage, getting up on it.

View attachment 8750
"Hello, everyone... I'm Sweet Ann. I'm gonna be performing now,"

And with that, the song started. The music began to play, and Ann readied herself

Watch my heart beat out of my chest
We've done something wrong
Was it you?
Or am I the one here taking the blame?
Feel my throat sink deeper and deeper, I'm gasping for air
Is it me?
Or are you not feeling this, feeling this,

feeling the same?

With every word she sang, she placed every piece of robotic emotion into her voice.

Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh

I've done everything
perfect to instruction
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Tell me your trying
Tell me I'm lying
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh

Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
I've done everything

perfect for destruction
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh

I can't be alone with this feeling

She felt the chorus come on, and with every bit of synthetic emotion she had when she saw Oliver moments ago, she belted out the words as if it was a cry for help that was saving her life.

Am I the only one
That's holding on for far too long?
Was it all just a dream?
Am I wrong?
Was there no 'You and Me'?
Scream and call me hopeless
Shout out that you have nothing left
Something, Just say anything

Don't end this with words left unsaid

The song continued, and continued, and continued.
Each word, Ann put her whole digital heart into it.

Don't you hear me crying out for you?
As you turn away
Is it true?
Or are you not feeling this, feeling this,

feeling the same?

Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
I've done everything
perfect to instruction
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Tell me you're kidding
It's just the beginning
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
I've done everything
perfect for destruction
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh
Oh-Ooh-Whoa-Oh-Oh

I can't be alone with my grieving

Am I the only one
That's holding on for far too long?
Was it all just a dream?
Am I wrong?
Was there no 'You and Me'?
Scream and call me worthless
Shout out that you have nothing left
Something, Just say anything
I can't push on with emptiness.

She let herself calm down.

Am I the only one
That can't feel anything at all?
The guilt and all the lies
All the times I gave it my best try.
I'll be real, I am tired
I remember now, all your fire
And all the things that you put me through
Tore my heart into...

She looked at Oliver in the audience. The digital desire to protect her son, and the relief and the fear and the anger and every other emotion, she placed them into these words.

Was I supposed to just be okay?
With everything that you did!?
I was broken, I was hurting
But I'm meant to forgive?
You cut me to pieces
It's your fault I'm a complete wreck
And I guess I didn't matter to you
The worst part? I always knew

Anyone looking closely could see tears forming in her eyes. Those glossy eyes turned to Mylar, and with a voice full of vitriol, she sang her final line.

So here's my final "Fuck You!"

When the instruments faded out, she bowed and quickly exited the stage.​

Cassidy moved backstage, waiting for her cue. She watched the others, the music causing her to bop her head along. She had already given the instructions to fill her band in and give her some pyrotechnics, so now was just the waiting game. Mylar claimed that it would be broadcasted to the world, but everything else had seemed to have been a lie, something she told herself to calm her nerves.

She jumped in one spot, something she did before she went on stage, usually with her band in tow. But this time it was only her.

"you're on," a voice said, signaling her to go on stage. She let out a deep exhale before picking up her bass and plugging it in.

View attachment 8751

"Let's do this thing,"

----------------------------

Cassidy stepped out on stage, the spotlight blinding her from the crowd- something she was thankful for. She walked up to the microphone, adjusting it to her height.

"Hey, uh- my name is Cassidy, I usually play in a group called Pheromoan Cult, but today it's just me," She started- a shy smile on her face.

"This is a song called Come Off, I hope you like it."

Cassidy started to play, her bass the only thing at the moment- low and hearty. Her body moved, bouncing as the full band joined in.

"If you're gonna tell me to fuck off you better use your words
All the ink in my pen is running out in thirds
Look at their hands they're waving goodbye

Don't let these thoughts be so black tie"

She sang, throwing her head around, her hair flying in different directions. She put a leg up on one of the amps, fire spouting from the stage.

"Come on, Come off
Come on, Come on, Come on"

As she shouted the lyrics the adrenaline pumped through her, making her excitement grow. She was fully bouncing around the stage now, playing her bass guitar confidently.

"This is for me everything is okay
Even though I shattered someone's good ashtray
Where'd all the time go, is it up to me?

I am growing a cherry bomb on a lemon tree"

Cassidy continued sweat beading down her face. She missed her interacting on stage with her band, usually having Carlos' guitar to bounce off of- but that meant she just had to bring her all even more.

"Come on, Come off

Last verse, she smirked before jumping up- landing just as it started.

"Everyone needs to crack to see what's inside
Strictly living out of the great divide
Let the idiot speak and the talk talk talk
And exit the room with the gawk gawk gawk "

She was breathing heavily as the guitar bridge started, giving her a second to catch her breath. She started clapping in rhythm hoping the crowd would join.

Last chorus, let's do this.

"Come on, Come off

Cassidy finished, her chest tightened at the exhilaration. She bowed before walking off-stage. Usually, she'd have a large group hug with her members but this time she just had herself. She sat down backstage, chugging a bottle of water to relax.

@Yun Lee

View attachment 8752

Ready, ready, ready, stand up, lady!

The lights flashed to life, and in the center of the stage, Maria stood alone, dressed in a luxurious dress with a microphone to her face, vibrant pink hair flowing gracefully as she prepared to give a show for the ages. She looked intently at Tsubasa, as though the sight of her dear friend was what kept her grounded, all in service to show her that there was more to life than what she already believed.

Watch me, Tsubasa. I'll reach you with my feelings!

Guitars and drums rang through the space behind her, as though the sheer will of her emotions were what truly brought out the music. With a wide-eyed, earnest smile, Maria began to sing her heart out, reaching out in front of herself with her arm as though inviting everyone before her to join in and feel the music, to feel as they pleased without shame or reservation.

Hi, good morning!
Putting on lipstick and winking in the mirror makes me feel a bit stronger!
Stand up, lady!

Walkin' in high heels through strong wind is no problem for me!

Maria did not consider herself a strong person. In fact, she believed she was the very definition of weak, who could not exist without other people. An ugly co-dependence that had no purpose on her own. A year had passed since she'd met Tsubasa and the other Gear users, a whole year since it felt like she had truly found a new family, and though she had not yet fulfilled her path to recovery, Maria made sure to keep moving no matter what, one step at a time.

No person was an island. It was natural, after all, to crave intimacy with others. No, the folly was in thinking that people exclusively existed to help her, or that she was obligated to exclusively try and save everyone around her. Life and love were two way streets. There was no shame in depending on others, but there was also no shame in letting others depend on her as well. As long as she believed in herself, believed in the others around her, and believed in the people who believed in her, she could only hope that things would turn out okay in the end.

That was why she sang. So she could reach others. A people without borders, beyond country, beyond worlds.

With confidence, the world begins to change one at a time!
I just gotta choose a direction!
There is only a good way to do things!

Hey, lady, ready go!

That was the path she had decided for herself.

As it was, humans could hardly understand each other. That was the curse of Balal. The tragedy that befell human in its hubris before the Tower of Babel came tumbling down before their eyes. But even so, even if humans were destined to never truly understand each other, Maria would never stop trying to connect them together, to forge bonds between the people of the world. With her music, she would truly create a new world with a light that not even God knew.

No matter what things I choose to do, I can do them all!
Even operating a lever is a job I love!
The people I follow look out for me!
Could I possibly love without feeling weak?

Where, where, where did love come from?

As Maria sang, she gave a wink and her outstretched arm curled until she was pointing her index finger straight at Tsubasa, as though the lyrics were for her and her alone, out of the entire audience in the cosmos.

It was a subtle gesture, but a pointed one that intended to let Tsubasa know that this was the power of her feeling. Even if she was not a Gear user, even if she was just a normal girl in this abnormal world, this was the power of her emotions.

What's up? Baby!
You can't imitate someone by looking out for them!
I'm only one!

What matters is being true to yourself!

Maria was raised without love. She struggled to truly know for a long time how to define it, and then how to feel it. She wondered if she could ever love again after Serena had died, after Mom had come and gone, and if the pain would be that which her fragile heart would be able to bear. But before she knew it, her friends slipped under the cracks of her heart and wormed their way in.

Not just Shirabe and Kirika, who had suffered through the thick of their training together, but also Tsubasa, Chris, and Hibiki, who showed her that while the world didn't need an entire miracle to turn, the heart of her music certainly wouldn't hurt.

What's the definition of a good lady?
It's how one should look!
I wanna look at myself from the ground up

And start being a lady!

Yes, just as long as one person was saved by the power of music, her music, Maria would never stop reaching out. She just had to make sure to never forget herself.

There was only one Maria Cadenzavna Eve in this world, so she'd have to make her shots count.

I should be accustomed to being the ideal type of lady
But I guess having my arms folded all the time is too much?
There are days I laugh so much that my face turns red
Is it strange being in love?

She was more than a victim of her past. She was more than just an idol. She was more than just a Gear user.

Anyone can be strong no matter their size!
I don't care if I'm the only person!
If anyone is missing!
I'll do my best to make progress!

So I can laugh with everyone as we sing this song!

She was Maria Cadenzavna Eve, and with this power of the Symphogear that defied even God, she would make sure everyone knew it!

There are two characters left for that important person to say!
I wonder if the meaning is to know how to live a little better?
The people I follow look out for me!
Could I possibly love without feeling weak?

I want to be able to convey my love from here!

And with that, the song wound to an end, the instruments echoing and resonating as though shaking from the sheer influence of Maria's voice.

With bated breath as the song had wound her up more than any training program at S.O.N.G. possibly could, Maria gave a bow before looking up again, smiling earnestly at the audience before her.

"Thank you so much for listening to my song! I can only hope that it reached you just as my friends have reached me! Thank you all again!" She said, and with that, gave a wave before departing the stage.​

Calliope was practicing parts of her verses here and there while she waited for Neko to finish putting together the mix, having a minor case of stage fright all of a sudden. It wasn't like this would be shown to her streaming fanbase, but it was still nerve-wracking. She took a glance at the others performances so far and wondered how they were able to do so without messing up or chickening out. Before she could stress herself out more, Neko gave her a quick thumbs up as she finished hooking up the track to the speakers. Well, that meant it was show time.

Calliope stepped onto the stage, awkwardly taking the microphone off its stand. She glanced at Neko, who was backstage and ready to start the music. She took another deep breath before bringing the mic closer to introduce herself, right as smoke effects began to blanket the stage floor.

wmg2s7n.png

❝ Ahem, hajimemashite! How do you do, everyone? This is Calliope Mori, a member of Hololive's English 1st Generation, and I hope you are having a good time so far in this talent show. Today, I think I wanna rap. Well then, shall we begin? ❞ The reaper politely bowed during her opening greeting. Then there was awkward silence, which continued for a long period of time. Then...

... Calliope coughed hoarsely, ❝ Eh, fuck it. ❞

On her cue, the instrumental began to play.

[ Excuse My Rudeness, But Could You Please RIP♥? (NEKO#ΦωΦ Remix) - Performed by Calliope Mori ]

Modern-day killers really must hate fun
More often, people takin' lives rockin' knives and guns
The real murder connoisseurs in the ruins of hell
Got used to luring the audience with moe that sells, 'cause
To my surprise, snatching' lives toriaezu kinshi
[1]
Nice try, stoppin' the motherfuckin' Da Vinci
Of human erasure, can't stop the pace, sir
Make sure whеn "standing off" my rhymes slay first~

Calliope's nervousness immediately disappeared the moment she began to rap her starting bars. Will everyone like this? Her debut stream was practically like this, constantly questioning if people would accept her. The reaper only continued what she started.

Jealous haters out thеre, high-five! I see you~
"No one's gonna buy this." Bitch, I believe you!
Cute as all hell, in a literal sense
A bitter pretense
But the views are all tell, no show, dollars and cents
Don't mean nada to the queen of "Sayonara"
Scythe and other super radical toys to tear your heart
Apart at the seams, still the killer of your dreams!
Slip your soul into my pocket, then I flee the scene-
It’s like that.

Whatever could be seen as her own heart was beating so fast, she can't back out now, she had to keep going.

If you take my advice, you'll be killed by what'cha don't know!
But the other saying that I like so much more
Is along the lines of "you reap what you fuckin' SEISO
[2]"
Gotta know, ain’t it so, could ya let go of your soul for me?
Sugoi DIEsuki~
[3]
I'm not asking for much: do me a favor and die?
Gomen, shitsureishimasu ga shinde kudasai
[4]

Here comes the first chorus, she really hoped that Neko timed this right...

"Kill ‘em with the bass"
Korosu no koto ga TANOSHII
[5]
(Teehee, bitch)
Murder is so fucking KAWAII
[6]
Kawaii, ne![7]
Shinigami sensei Calliope!
Kill 'em with the bass, 'til we get 'em to say:
Alright! "YAY! Suteki na ansatsu〜"
[8]
So it goes:

"Dead Beats, listen up!" It's what'cha want?
Me comin' in the night for ya!
Katte ni yatteru jigoku de hanzai janai kara~
[9]
Bass high enough to exterminate ya
You'll dance anyway, 'cause it's human nature
Demo, sono mae nan to naku issho ni tanoshi mou〜
Anata no shinu hi made!
[10]

Calliope quickly made eye contact with those in the audience, hoping that this was okay to some extent. Quietly taking another breath in the small amount of time in-between the chorus and the next verse, she got herself to press on.

Moushi wakenai desu, yari sugimashita.
Nande keigo de rappu shiteru? Chotto henda.
[11]
Not what you expected? Better tell you straight-forward
Hear you all the way in hell, slamming on your keyboard
Go ahead and BE sore, but I won't run
'Cause I'm a workaholic business-lady getting shit done
Taking souls? Not an industry for suckers, for one
But it's a mistress of darkness's day in the sun~ (Kimoi..)
[12]

What would her fellow Hololivers of the EN branch think of her now? Kiara, Ina, Gura, and Amelia. They were probably worried sick about her whereabouts, and the same went with her senpais that were here and not here...

C A double L I O P E
I really love this fake-murder shit's eye-opening
Taking words I get right off the cuff, and script my own thing
"Murder with words ain't enough?" that was the past me!
Gonna take a first-class master V to blast me
Humans, come at ME, I'm "masochistic" actually~
Huh... whatever that means. (Nani?)
[13]

Off to the side, a projection of chibi-styled chicken popped up next to her, the voice sample of her phoenix friend played the confused "what?" line.

YES, whatever that means!!
Come a little closer kusotori
[14], THEN laugh at me!!

The projection turned off in preparation for the next chorus. It was almost over, and a part of her now wants to keep rapping a bit more, even if there wasn't much left.

If you take my advice, you'll be killed by what'cha don't know!
But inside, I'm kinda nervous and I don't know what the word is
For the other side of the gap? FUCK IT, "SEISO"!!
Setting out, do as I'm supposed to do, I'll get close to you
Donmai, DIEjoubu〜
[15]
If it's alright with you, could I end your life?
Gomen, shitsureishimasu ga shinde kudasai

The last chorus rush, she was almost there yet it felt so far. She really worked hard to get where she was now, even if it meant showing up in this strange talent show supposedly with her consent. If her music was going to be her saving light, bringing her out of that rut that she was in before joining Hololive, then she was going to bank all in on it.

"Kill ‘em with the bass"
Korosu no koto ga TANOSHII
(Teehee, bitch)
Murder is so fucking KAWAII
Kawaii, ne!
Shinigami sensei Calliope!
Kill 'em with the bass, 'til we get 'em to say:
Alright! "YAY! Suteki na ansatsu〜"
So it goes:

Anata no shinu hi made!

Mou ikkai!
[16]

Anata no shinu hi made!

The reaper felt as if she got off her adrenaline rush once she finished the last chorus and the instrumental stopped playing. A complete contrast from her fierce nature in her own rap, she found herself acting like a panicking deer caught in headlights, unsure on how to usher herself off the stage.

❝ Um... thank you very much for allowing me the chance to perform... Crap, what's my closing line again? R-right. Ahem, I'm your Mori, and I hope you won't forget me! Thank you once again! ❞ She hastily bowed one more time before putting the microphone back on the stand, and departed the stage as fast as she could. Thankfully the smoke effects began to clear up as soon as she finished, so that wouldn't be a problem for the next performance.

@Yun Lee
@Everyone
[1] Translates to "banned for the time being"
[2] A play on words to sound like "say so," translates to "clean/pure/neat"
[3] A play on words to make up "Sugoi, daisuki," which translates to "Wow, I love you!" (except DIE is in there so lol)
[4] Translates to the title "Excuse my rudeness, but could you please RIP?"
[5] (? My rough tl, srry ?) Translates to "Killing is so much fun!"
[6] Translates to "cute"
[7] Translates to "cute, right?"
[8] (?) Translates to "Really nice!"
[9] Translates to "Doing it my way, cuz in hell it ain't a crime!"
[10] Translates to "But before that, let's have fun somehow... until the day you die!"
[11] Translates to "Sorry about that... I overdid it. (Why are you rapping in formal speech... it's a little weird.)"
[12] Translates to "gross/disgusting"
[13] Translates to "what" (lol)
[14] Translates literally to "shitbird" (rip kiara)
[15] A play on words to make up "Donmai, daijoubu," which translates to "Don't mind, it's fine." (except DIE is in there so lol)
[16] Translates to "Once more!/One more time!"

Last edited:
Bruh. A talent show already?! What kind of crazy kidnapping is this? Camille asked herself, twirling her hair rapidly. She wouldn't be participating right now; her head wasn't clear, and she needed to find a way to escape. Plus, she could only play guitar as an act! It was always Kenzie and Lucy who had the beautiful voices; Camille sounded like a dying cat coughing up its last furball!

Ugh.... might as well watch the other acts, though. It looks like there's not really another way out of this. What would Luna do...? Camille thought for a second more. She'd probably nag me about observing the situation, and then "calculating the smartest solution for survival" or some bullshit like that. Whatever. In this situation, there's not much I can do. I guess I'll take that redhead's advice and lay low for a bit.
"Mm, no." Gris answered with a shake of her head, before ordering one herself once she figured out how to do it.

"You can sit." Gris replied, smiling at Rin in a friendly way, though tilted her head when asked about the chance of the manager bring mad if they got the most expensive thing on the menu. They already made him mad, wouldn't that just make it worse?

She wondered if he'd get mad enough to turn red, angry like the desert sands with harsh winds that pushed and lashed out? Gris wasn't sure she wanted to see that type of anger.

@Capri @Farewell @Gummi Bunnies @Pancake Squad
Upon seeing that some of the kidnapped performers were getting to know each other, Camille decided it wouldn't hurt to make some friends... or at least, have company. She was so used to already being with people she knew, the concept of being in a room with a bunch of strangers was kind of exciting. If she hadn't been kidnapped, it might've actually been... fun!

Only if I wasn't kidnapped, though, Camille thought with an eye roll.

Looking around for someone to keep her company, Camille found a familiar blue-haired chick whose pink-haired friend had recently performed. Camille decided to mosey on over, perhaps try to form some bonds. Plus, this girl's face looked like she was really suspicious of the whole situation they were in, which was exactly the kind of person Camille needed to think smart stuff with... even if thinking smart stuff wasn't really her area of expertise.

"Hey, blue hair!" Camille greeted Tsubasa with a cheeky smile and frantic wave. "You mind if I sit by you?"

@Ver @Anyone else​

Back