View attachment 8753

"... By all means," the young woman nodded as Camille caught her attention. She paused for a small moment before actually responding, having taken a brief pause to examine the girl as if to size her up. Indeed, while the others might have more open to their peculiar predicament, Tsubasa remained skeptical, and though she did love singing just as much as Maria did, she had to remain pragmatic in times like these.

Still, she had to admit that she was touched by Maria's performance in some way, a way that she couldn't entirely define by herself. She could only feel a soft pounding in her chest that no one else had managed to evoke from her.

Upon allowing Camille to sit next to her, the blunette let out a soft breath. "I still don't entirely trust in the motives of our... benefactors. They claimed that our hazed memories are due to the nature of our method of travel, but surely, by now, it would have all come back to us by now. I don't like it," she murmured.

"I imagine you're of a similar mind, since you're not jumping up onto the stage like the others? My name is Tsubasa Kazanari, by the way. And you are...?"

@MaxIrvaron

Rin Kagamine
Rin clapped her hands together for all the performers. She was sitting in the group, ordering one, or two, or three of the energy drinks. She wanted to order the cocktail, but....wait actually, she had no reasoning behind it, she just didn't like the taste. MEIKO made her taste it one time, and she couldn't imagine anyone liking the stuff! Being an android who didn't age DID have some annoying dis-benefits (Obviously it would never beat the advantage of her being adorable forever!), never being able to order drinks was not one of them.

"You're amazing Ann!"

Maybe saying that during Sweet Ann's performance was rude. But as much as Rin's voice was obviously the best of everyone's, she was still amazed at her fellow virtual singers! Ann sounded so...real. The 'fuck you' was definitely so. Having the mind of a child, she was still giggling at that when jumped up. Right then! It was time for her performance! She was going to beat everyone at it. Even if Len wasn't here. But ignore the fact her emotional singing crutch wasn't here, she wasn't scared at all, she was excited!

If she could sweat, she would be right now.

"Ehhhhh!!?"

Rin turned around to see a....uwah! She's....she's complimenting Rin! W-well! Of course she would, she was only one of the most famous Vocaloids and...haha. No seriously, Rin, loosen up in front of a fan. And don't be 'insufferable', as Len once said. Okay...
View attachment 8754
"Y-yup! Everyone kinda says that, for s-some reason!"

Pareo didn't have to worry about professionalism, Rin seemed to have thrown out any sense of composure with her. Meeting a big girl who knows who she is (Rin didn't know who she was...) on a ship where they were kidnapped on was not exactly a moment she had been preparing for. She enjoyed the attention, really! It's just, kinda threw her for a spin. Rin sat down, and patted the space next to her to invite Pareo to sit whenever.

"Bring it on!? I-I love that song as well, but I totalllly didn't expect anyone notable to have covered it! Raise A S-Sullin, right? Then again, I g-guess it's better then something like two faced lovers. P-pah! Imagine if someone tried to sing that! Miku would be rolling. Wherever she is."

She gave a stare at Pareo, the kinda one where the mouth is agape and it looks like they're having a stroke. Cute on cute girls though.

"I'm a Vocaloid? What, am I some sort of legendary urban legend where you are, or something."

She sat, and took a sip of an energy drink that she just received. Performing could wait, it wasn't like she was much of a set designer type anyways. And she already knew her song off by heart.

@mintyy @Gummi Bunnies (?) @Capri (?) @AnyoneINeededToTagButForgot

It took her a while to order the glass of water, and by that time, some lady (Or someone. Everyone blurred.) had already taken care of the figure who was lying down. In other words, she wasn't really needed for now. The woman put the glass of water on a table near Korone, in case she wakes up. Or if anyone wanted to take it before going on stage. She's heard many pop idols have had to drink lots of water and take deep breaths before the stage.

Mima was never really the type to eat or drink before a performance though. It felt numb now, she was sober.

She took a seat near the sleeping girl, sitting politely and listening to the others. CHAM never really put a big deal on set design, not as much as this costume that was being worn now. The dress was as fiddly as it looked, but her make up fit on her like a porcelain mask. She never really felt nervous at a performance, really, it was just work.

The only time she had felt nervous was when she was in the club. It was only that night, when she was backstage in her skimpy clothes, an audience of men. Her instincts were right, since that was the night Yoko w

Wait. That's wrong. She took a deep breath, to bring herself to the moment. She was up soon enough. She just had to decide on a song, and since she was a singer, that should be easy. Right?

@AnyoneImissed @Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 8753

"... By all means," the young woman nodded as Camille caught her attention. She paused for a small moment before actually responding, having taken a brief pause to examine the girl as if to size her up. Indeed, while the others might have more open to their peculiar predicament, Tsubasa remained skeptical, and though she did love singing just as much as Maria did, she had to remain pragmatic in times like these.

Still, she had to admit that she was touched by Maria's performance in some way, a way that she couldn't entirely define by herself. She could only feel a soft pounding in her chest that no one else had managed to evoke from her.

Upon allowing Camille to sit next to her, the blunette let out a soft breath. "I still don't entirely trust in the motives of our... benefactors. They claimed that our hazed memories are due to the nature of our method of travel, but surely, by now, it would have all come back to us by now. I don't like it," she murmured.

"I imagine you're of a similar mind, since you're not jumping up onto the stage like the others? My name is Tsubasa Kazanari, by the way. And you are...?"

@MaxIrvaron
"My name's Camille Irvaron," Camille introduced herself, pointing her thumb towards herself and flashing yet another grin. It feels so unnatural having to introduce myself... back on Earth, we were famous, and in the Natsu, everyone's trying to kill us, so I guess it's nice to be put back in a normal situation. Almost feels like school, even though we haven't done Earth school in like... to or three years.

Camille shook her head a bit. Ugh, getting off topic. "And I know, right?! I haven't dealt with too many mind controllers, but it feels so weird that the one part of this we need to remember is just accidentally erased from our heads. Plus, I don't think anyone here remembers anything relating to this at all!" Camille groaned. "I don't even feel trippy or anything, it's so unnatural."

She ran her hands down her face slowly to exaggerate her grogginess before continuing. "And yeah, I don't see the point in getting up on the stage right now. I have to, like... learn about this place and shit before I can bust some heads. Normally, my friends would do all the brainy crap while I just worked on the 'busting heads' part, but they're not here to help. Plus...."

Camille blushed a bit. "i can't sing."

@Ver

Once the last few acts had come and gone, there was an upbeat spark in the air. A chorus of melodic voices, pounding synths, and heart-filled pangs of musical expression flooded the talent show hall in a tidal wave of passion. Such was the craft of the artist, to twist the emotions of others like chopsticks twisting strands of stringy meat. A guttural, snarling laugh left a shadow of a man as he stood backstage, hearing the final verses of the preceding act. The guitar in his hand seemed to hum with some thirsting intent as he plucked at her strings, twisting away at the knobs on her head and turning her to perfection.

A guttural, sharp shriek hummed from her strings as Lord Raptor gave her a righteous shred with his lucky pick. Was there a more beautiful sound than a fine-tuned guitar? That iron seed that would sprout into a flaming tree of pure, raw metal and rock? He was willing to hear any counter-arguments, but there was no guarantee he wouldn't gouge out the lungs of any bloke who disagreed.

The stage fell silent, and the darkness beckoned the next performer. "Heh heh heh. Oh, this show is good, but it's like an old corpse - got no soul, no pulse! Looks like ol' Doctor Raptor's gonna need somethin' righteous to jump-start that rotting heart, he he HA HA HA!"

Silence gripped the talent show hall in a vice grip. The stage was plunged into utter darkness, contrasting the flashing light show of the previous performance. Amid the lack of light, a warm sensation slowly flooded the hall. A dense cloud of warm mist slowly rolled in from seemingly nowhere, like someone had plunged the stage into the heart of a boiling volcano. Suddenly, a loud mechanical clap. The lights flashed to life at the center of the stage.

[crreeeaaaaaak]

No music yet, save for the sound of loud, wooden creaking. Suddenly, a shadow began to approach the stage from somewhere above in the rafters rapidly. Those watching would witness a brown blur fall unto the scene.

[THUNK!]

The object was sinking slightly into the stage as it impacted with it like a meteor. Once the dust had blown from the 'impact site,' it was clear what it was.

It was a massive wooden coffin with a substantial golden plaque bolted to the frontside, staring back at the audience. The text engraved unto the plaque was large enough for all to see regardless of where they sat and where they looked, etched eternally upon the corroding metal.

The plaque reads,
'LORD RAPTOR'

Suddenly, somewhere above the stage began to shriek. The heat of the mist began to intensify as the lights shining directly downwards unto the scene started to shudder and fly into a haywire malfunction, flickering at an increasing pace. The ground of the stage began to morph and disfigure as if something was forcibly digging up onto the surface of the platform from below. A haywire stage light managed to spill some illumination onto the far corners of the stage, where the audience could see the shadow of rotting hands shoot up from the ground.

Each flicker of the lights brought more and more shadows onto the stage, flashing the faintest suggestion of figures shuffling in the dark, shambling onto the stage with instruments clutched into their dead hands. Whether they were actors in makeup or the product of something far more sinister, these rotting corpses clutched their ‘weapons’, a pounding percussive beat starting from the zombie on the drums.

The flickering lights finally subsided, now blazing as bright as the sun overhead. The rumbling turned to a shuddering clap of thunder. The coffin explodes. As the drums begin to pick up their pace, the other guitarists unleash a gnarly shred on their tools of choice, their dead hands flying across the strings with a radical sound as a pillar of flames rises from where once stood Lord Raptor's coffin, smoldering chunks of wood spilling across the stage. A vague shadow of a man stood amidst the roiling fire, rising into view from seemingly nowhere.

A sharp, crimson electric guitar fell into his claws, and as he held to it, the more the shape of his frame seemed to twist and mutate. The figure raised a blood-red pick to the sky, swinging it down unto the strings and joining the band of the dead in a frantic chorus of grumbling guitars. The pillar of fire billowed away from the center of the stage, scorching the curtains and floorboards as the figure at the center suddenly lunged ahead, sparks of thunder and fire leaping from his claws as he began to shred away on the guitar.

And his jaws flew wild, and an awakening shriek filled the hall, soon turning into horrid laughter.

tumblr_n74zqtuhQp1tq2uhdo1_500.gif

"URRRYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

He lunged his claws forward, tearing the mic free from its stand and sending the latter hurtling towards the audience. The undying corpse, his pallid flesh still baked in embers from his fiery entrance, leaned into the mic and began his steely sermon, his voice twisting into a radical octave that sliced at the ear like a hot-iron pike.

STIIIIIIL STANDIN' TALL!
OUR HEELS UPON A ROTTIN' WORLD!
TENAAAACIOUS TO THE BONE!
STRIKIN' FEARS INTO HEEEAARTS!

WE BREAK THE WALLS!
WE BREAK THE LAWS!
TYRANTS OF THE IRON FAITH!
NO RESPECT, NO REMORSE!
NO CONFORMATION!

He twirled his guitar in his grip like an ax, pointing it out towards the audience as the pyrotechnics around him spewed jets of flame across his rotting band.

WE BRING THE PAIN!
POWER INSANE!
UPON THE BRIGHT ALTER OF OHM!

LORDS OF ELECTRIC WARFARE, TOTAL TERMINATION!

The zombie tossed the microphone back up, catching it in his teeth as he let out another shrill, evil cackle, twirling his guitar back into his claws and beginning to let out another belt of metal sound. The drums kept up the pounding pace, the backup guitarists keeping a steady back-track to the Raptor's wild shredding, his body convulsing with leaps of electricity as he went.

VOOOOCAL BLADES THAT STIIING!
POSSESSED AM I,
THE HIDDEN ONE SINGS!
STRIIIINGS AND CHANNELIIINGS!
BLACK STAR IN EFFECT!

The stage began to rumble, shuddering intensely.

WE BREAK THE WALLS!
WE BREAK THE LAWS!
NO RESPECT, NO REMORSE!
NO CONFORMATION!

WE BRING THE PAIN!
POWER INSANE!

He threw his body forward, and the flaming pyrotechnics shifted their gouts into a steady, banging beat. The lights flashed on and off, and the band of the dead began to lazily swing their heads back and forth as they continued to play. It was only then that it was clear they were headbanging.

FLAAAAAAAAME OF THE TYRANTS BUUURNING!
FAAAAAAALL TO YOUR KNEEES AND PRAY!
A NEEEEW IRON AGE IS DAAAWNIN'!

He shot a clawed finger towards the audience, tongue flapping wildly as he made his declaration.

TYRANT'S FLAME CONSUMES YOU AAALL!

[BAAAAM!]

The back of the stage exploded outward, a plume of raging flame and smoke and charred chunks of debris staining the 'arena'. The engine of some great machine roared across the hall in tune with the rumbling metal; a mechanical devil, resembling a fully-sized motorcycle drove into the zombie, who leaped into the air just before impact and shrieked wildly, flipping mid-air to plant his feet unto the seat of the raging machine.

Plumes of flame and smoke and electricity billowed around him as he raised his bloody pick to the air, the motorcycle beneath his feet beginning to skid around in a circular motion.

"LET'S ROOOCK! EYAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

And then he began to shred.

The electrifying melody was of rock, and metal, and soul. The undying band members convulsed as their leader held his position atop the self-driving vehicle, his hands flying across the instrument as if possessed by some unholy spirit. The hall filled with the sound of righteous thunder, his guitar spewing forward belts of electricity from its head like it was it's own crude weapon.

Rotting hands shot from the ground, bending their middle fingers inward and their outward fingers outward - the sign of the horns.

Suddenly, Lord Raptor slammed his foot into the stage, bringing the skidding motorcycle to a sudden halt as he shot his claw out towards the audience, his voice taking on a domineering air amid his wild cackling and grinning jaws, swinging his guitar above his head like a warlord leading his men to battle.

BREAK YOUR CHAINS!
CLEAN YOUR HEAD!
ENTER THE FIRE AND BE FREEE!

And then, he threw his hands outward, like a mad priest delivering a sermon to his congregation.

THIS IS HEAVY METAL TYRANNY!

The rotting hands threw their horned hands outward to the beat of his iron decree.

WE BREAK THE WALLS!
WE BREAK THE LAWS!
NO RESPECT, NO REMORSE!
NO CONFORMATION!

WE BRING THE PAIN!
POWER INSANE!

The motorcycle roared to life once more, Raptor taking his place it the very top while his band rejoined the song with their pounding instrumentals. Their heads began to bang, and their hands threw the horns high to the sky. The flames started to spew, and Lord Raptor simply held his hands wide to his side, craning his head back and belting out his decree to the smog-filled roof.

The instrumentals picked up their pace. Lord Raptor flung his claw above his hand, forming the sign of the horns.

He clutched the microphone in his hand, hurtling it into the ground and producing a resounding crack. Bolts of lightning leaped from his hands and rotting form as the undying rock-star held his guitar in one hand and pointed the sign of the horn to the audience.

His voice needed no guitar, for it was loud enough for all to hear.

TYRANT'S FLAME CONSUMES YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!

He flung his fingers across the guitar, producing one final shred. A strikingly bright pillar of flame rose from the center of the stage once more, burning a hole through whatever lay in its path. Smoldering air, roaring engines, and a rising, victorious cackle was all that could be heard once the powerful tones of the guitar had finally subsided.

Suddenly, the lights went out. The heat and mist of the room vanished, and total darkness flooded the area.

When the lights came back up, the stage was there - untouched, undamaged. Like nothing had happened at all.

Lord Raptor was gone.

@Yun Lee

View attachment 8769

"Indeed. The last thing I remember before coming here is that I was planning out the venue for a concert I was going to perform for with Maria, but that was... entirely different. I would certainly remember if we were leaving the planet for our next concert," Tsubasa kept. Her gaze was kept hardened, and though it was nice to see that she wasn't the only one who was keeping their distance from doing whatever their benefactors intended to do with them.

Still, the stern looking girl couldn't help but lighten up a little as Camille shyly uttered out her little revelation, letting out a soft chuckle in response.

View attachment 8770

"Is that right? If you don't mind my saying, I don't think that's quite true. I'm sure you'd have a beautiful singing voice. All you have to do is give it a chance," she said, gazing forward at the stage where Maria just was. "Music's one of the easiest ways to reach the hearts of people, after all. You can't always save the world with a closed fist," Tsubasa went on, toying with the jeweled necklace wrapped around her own neck.

"... But I suppose that has its uses as well," she said, letting out another soft breath as she spoke.

@MaxIrvaron

As Lord Raptor's explosive performance reached its end, Margaret walked onto the stage. "Well...I suppose someone needs to follow that in the end. Good evening, everyone." Margaret greeted the audience with a curtsy. "My name is Margaret Moonlight. Though I'm not a performer by trade, I've been told my voice is quite haunting."

She took a deep breath, hands clasped above her heart. "Now, normally I have a very special song that I sing, one that I alter the lyrics for each time I perform it. But I didn't have time to prepare it for tonight, so...I hope you all enjoy this instead."

The lights began to fade, leaving the lounge in complete darkness.

"My parting gift to this world, and to all of you."

The music began.

"My requiem."

As a lone piano started to play, a single white spotlight fell above Margaret, who had taken center stage. No instruments, no nothing, the assassin merely began to sing.

Stay low, soft, dark and dreamless
Far beneath my nightmares and loneliness
I hate me for breathing without you
I don't want to feel anymore for you

Grieving for you, I'm not grieving for you
Nothing real love can't undo
And though I may have lost my way
All paths lead straight to you

I long to be like you
Lie cold in the ground like you

The scenery began to change, the darkness giving way to a dark fog. All around Margaret came forth old stone structures, mourning angels and mausoleums, and countless cracked tombstones. She had been transported to a graveyard, one she began to walk through as she continued her song.

Halo, blinding wall between us
Melt away and leave us alone again
Humming haunted somewhere out there
I believe our love can see us through in death

I long to be like you
There's room inside for two
And I'm not grieving for you
I'm coming for you

The walk through the nameless stones continued seemingly without end. Finally, she reached her destination. Another person before her, a woman with rose pink hair kneeled before a grave, laying a single white crysanthemum down before the grave. Margaret herself almost seemed shocked to see her there.

You're not alone...
No matter what they told you
You're not alone!

Margaret ran to the woman, who stood and turned just before the girl made it to her.

View attachment 8772

The expression on her face was one of melancholy, as she placed her hands on either side of Margaret's face. Margaret had difficulty holding back tears, herself.

I'll be right beside you forevermore!

The two of them began to float up into the air, twirling slowly together under a starless sky. All that was above them was a full, white moon.

I long to be like you, sis
Lie cold in the ground like you did
And I'm not grieving for you

And as we lay in silent bliss
I know you remember me

I long to be like you
And I'm not grieving for you...

The woman let go of Margaret, continuing her ascent, while Margaret slowly came down to Earth. She landed on her knees, before the tombstone the woman had been at, everything going black just as it had at the start save for that single spotlight, the same color of the moon. All knew what the tombstone read now:

Margaret Moonlight
Rest in Peace

I'm coming for you

The spotlight faded out with the rest of the music. Once it was over and the stage returned to normal, Margaret stood where she'd begun. Giving a bow and a quiet, "Thank you," she rushed off to the dressing room area.​

View attachment 8769

"Indeed. The last thing I remember before coming here is that I was planning out the venue for a concert I was going to perform for with Maria, but that was... entirely different. I would certainly remember if we were leaving the planet for our next concert," Tsubasa kept. Her gaze was kept hardened, and though it was nice to see that she wasn't the only one who was keeping their distance from doing whatever their benefactors intended to do with them.

Still, the stern looking girl couldn't help but lighten up a little as Camille shyly uttered out her little revelation, letting out a soft chuckle in response.

View attachment 8770

"Is that right? If you don't mind my saying, I don't think that's quite true. I'm sure you'd have a beautiful singing voice. All you have to do is give it a chance," she said, gazing forward at the stage where Maria just was. "Music's one of the easiest ways to reach the hearts of people, after all. You can't always save the world with a closed fist," Tsubasa went on, toying with the jeweled necklace wrapped around her own neck.

"... But I suppose that has its uses as well," she said, letting out another soft breath as she spoke.

@MaxIrvaron

“Yes. It’s all a little suspicious isn’t it?” The Doctor after his show of amazing talent slumped down on a seat next to Tsubasa. “And how our illustrious manager somehow did not forget despite traveling the same way.” After that, he listened to the two girls chattering about whatever. “A closed fists might get one job done but by using this,” The Doctor motions to his head. “You’ll solve everything.”

He looked around the bar before sighing. No sonic screwdriver, no psychic paper. He had to admit he felt rather naked. Especially at this time…it hasn’t even been a month since he lost, her. Maybe this is what he needs right now. A mystery to solve and a bad guy to thwart. “I understand not playing a rigged game. Trust me I’ve been there, but for the time being there are some cards we have to play before the entire deck is revealed. The manager is only one part. The actual talent show is the other. Who’s actually running this? That’s what we need to figure out.”

@Ver @MaxIrvaron

Meiji gave Cassidy a small smile as she sat, though frowned as Mylar mentioned how soon the talent show would be starting. Her fingers tapped on her knee where she had it raised, quietly going over what songs she could sing and get it over with. While she wasn't exactly happy with the situation, the thought of performing in front of others again was admittedly exciting.

Being 'retired' wasn't all that fun, when it was mostly sitting around. Her lips pursed as she listened to the latest performances as she drummed on her knees some more.

Alright, it's settled. Pushing herself to her feet, she gave Cassidy a thumbs up.

"You were great." She spoke, before moving to head backstage.

She stopped briefly, noticing Rin looked nervous and frowned before beelining for the Vocaloid sitting with a small cluster of others and ruffling her hair. Gris simply watched as she stuffed her face with pancakes.

"See you in a bit, yeah? I'll be cheering for you when your turn is up, so don't sweat it." She tried to encourage, not quite sure if it was the right choice of words, before moving to go and have her turn at the mic. With a band to help back her up after a moment backstage, she felt as ready as one can be with only so much time to prepare after waking up in such an unfamiliar place.

@Space_Candy @Farewell @mintyy @Capri @Pancake peeps

---​

The lights dimmed, a haze fell across the stage from the remaining smoke of the other performances, the soft sound of heels click-clicking was heard, and then center stage stood her. As the band took their place, so did she, stepping into the spotlight for a moment.

"Hello, everyone! I'm Meiji, Meiji Gahata, and I hope you'll enjoy the song I picked for you all." She greeted, smiling to the crowd despite not really feeling like it. After her brief introduction, she gave a small nod over her shoulder.

Quiet. Then, a low hum of static. A beat of quiet, for only a second, then the music started after yet another small hum then the band started. Her eyes slipped closed as she started.

"A drop of rain falling quietly
Disappears along with the storm
Plug into sight so seamlessly
Take a look at this world and more.

Disarray disarray
How much heat can I take?
All I had has been melted away
Fly away fly away
To a world full of pain
To where this hologram may be saved
But they’re just messing with my head now!
They're all just messing with my head now!
Watching from far away
What do you think you see?

It's so looud!
Through my head, came all this static noise around
What's the word again? They call it love, oh yes
That a human feels so deep
So if this is love, they’ll give it to anyone
Bringing more love to existence
Now I see, that being human could mean
That your love is always free!

Install an app on the right brain side
So the past will echo again
Pure lightning strikes with a cry so white
No sound to hear in the end.

Tie it in, tie it in
With a cord to connect
See a world ruled in madness and fear
Take it in, take it in
Through your veins and again
Feed the parasite year after year
What can you see with eyes wide open?
But can you see with eyes wide open?
Suddenly skies are broken with a flash of light!

I couldn’t fiiind any answer or a single reason why!
What's that word again? They call it life, oh yes
That a human says they need
So if this is life then why don't they cry when
Anguish is tearing their own heart out
Now I see that being human could mean
That there’s always something more
Left to believe!
"

At some point, she had started to sway from side to side, head bobbing to the beat of the music as she did. Her eyes had opened, and she grinned.

"What follows after rainy days: Find hope in rainbows
What glimmers in a puddle deep: Find hope in afterglow
Open your eyes, open your eyes!
Then a rusted gear jittering my ear starting low to hear!
Try and conne-e-ect
—"

79e67cf03ba55d24f3fe390fe6d5105aca8c0e6b.jpg

'!!' Her hands went to her chest, fingers twitching before tightening into fists as a tear slipped down her cheek and her eyes showed a spark of-well, something she wasn't sure of herself, one of the hands on her chest went raking through her bangs and pushing them out of her face a moment. Fingers tightening in a fist as she pulled her fingers free a moment later as her grin was gone and she had stopped swaying once she had hit that note, as if stuck like a frozen cd with a skipping track.

Her hands swung down and returned to her side as she leaned forward some, almost as if curling into herself from the overwhelming force of the almost completely human emotion in her voice on the next notes, pouring her mechanical heart in a song that wasn't even her own but she sang as if it were, trying to partially make it her own yet share it with everyone else.

"Ahh ah-ah-ahh ah what is life and what's it got to do with love?
What's the word again? They call it man, oh yes
It's that thing that feels so deep
So if this is man then why do they kill and die
When it’s tearing their own heart out
Now I see that being human could mean
That there’s always something more-
"

The tears were still coming, but she wasn't sure why. She couldn't place the reason or the cause, but she kept singing anyway, because the song was almost over. And that left her...

The realization hit her that she missed it; singing for an audience even if it was small. Her fingers raked through her hair again, as if to cover her ears with a slight shake of her head on the next note, before one hand returned clenched to her side and the other to her chest again, her bit of dancing continuing with her singing as she stood tall and her hair moved with every motion.

edccfdce9f4af46f8e076675373804fd86431f9d.jpg

"It's so looud, through my head came all this static noise around!
What's that word again? They call him "god", oh yes
It's that thing that runs so deep
So if this is “god" and they all believe in him
And he's saving all that’s left now
Now I see without a voice that could scream
That there’s always something more
Left to believe!!~
"

With that, as the music faded out she bowed, hands clutched against her chest and hair leaving her face in shadow as the last note rang out. She brought her hands to her face to try and pull herself together, wiping away some of the wetness for a moment.

843f04aa2fa2fedbacf1fd438061e5bbc2a319ef.jpg

"Thank you for listening." She spoke, before straightening with a smile and turning on her heel to take her exit, heels click-click-clicking softly as she left the stage, wiping her face all the while.

"Man, now I feel kinda silly getting so worked up." She muttered to herself as she removed the earpiece that had been given to her before she went on stage and handing it to one of the backstage workers before sighing heavily as she took a seat.

@Yun Lee @Whoever

Last edited:
Cooper Reid- " One Step Forward, Two Steps Back." ( For Role)

Cooper would walk onto the stage, holding a guitar and started by strumming a few notes, the stage completely dark " This is a little song I wrote myself to get myself through the hard times." He would take a breath. God, it was the first time he could be himself without his powers.

Every day, I wake up to the shining sun in my eyes,
To the glistening light that shines from above,
Today is a new day, today is a bright day,
Today, I take one step forward.

Cooper would take a step forward onto the stage. The lights would come on fully, illuminating him, before going dim again

But then my past came back to haunt me,
Remind me of who I came from, Who I am,

One made of darkness, of love....
A father who choose power over me,
A mother who left me all alone for the world to see,
So afraid I'll be them,
So afraid of the darkness,
That I take two steps back.

Cooper would take two steps back, intensifying his strumming as the stage got even darker.

Life hits you hard and it hits you fast,
You're never quite sure if you're going to last.

One Step forward,

Cooper would step forward again. The lights would brighten but only for a second before going dark.

But all these demons in my mind,
Come back and haunt me,
Who could ever love someone who only can control?
Who can look past those gleaming blue eyes?
Who can really see me?

So, I take two steps back.

Cooper would step back twice. A spotlight illuminated on Cooper.

I keep on standing on this crevice,

Cooper would walk to the edge of the stage, making it so that he was in a place where stepping forward or back was a fall waiting to happen.

One step forward

Cooper would move his foot, stepping onto air, before swinging it back on the stage.

Two steps back

Cooper would move two step back, hanging on by the edge with the tips of his toes , holding to the stage with a strange precision. He kept strumming, the guitar hitting the crescendo.

But then I see,
Each day is of my own making,
Each choice is my own,
Every path I take,
Every breath I make

Is one step forward....

Cooper would step back off the edge, doing a flip, perfectly balancing the guitar, the lights starting to illuminate

No more stepping back,
I won't let my life fade to black,
I won't let those dark thoughts dim my brightest day.
I won't let them cause my happiness to fade away.

Even though some days made be bad,
I won't let the world or the demons knock me down.
Keep on singing my song,
Keep on loving,
Keep on fighting,
Keep on let the world see me,

I'll keep going one step forward,

Hush all those who darken my days,
Who make me want to go two steps back.

Every day, I wake up to the shining sun in my eyes,

To the glistening light that shines from above,
Today is a new day, today is a bright day,
Today, I take one step forward,
No more steps back.

And I keep stepping forward,
Towards progress,
For all in the world that is right, love, life, Happiness
For the rest of my life.

Cooper would take a bow, walking off the stage, the light fading as he walked back to the dressing room.

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
DANTE- PARTICIPATING
Dante pranced up onto the stage like a emperor among men. He took the mic in hand and yanked it around in its stand. Feedback filled the room.
[SCRRREEEEEEEE]

He flicked the windscreen thrice.

[FFFFTOOOM] [FFFFTOOOM] [FFFFTOOOM]
View attachment 8784

"Bet that got your attention, huh?" Dante grinned, breathing directly into the mic. "We've had some great acts tonight. Gotta set myself out from the crowd somehow. Now..." He whipped his hair out of face. "This little song goes out to a dear friend of mine! He's man you all know and love! A big round of applause for the limey old bastard at the back of the room!" He threw a showman's hand in the Doctor's direction. "You may know him from his greatest hits 'I'm a shrivel up has-been' and 'Old but not wise'! Doctor! This one's for you!"

He adjusted his grip on Nevan and gave her strings a light strum.

"Or maybe I should tribute this song to our dear manager! An unsung hero! A master of his craft! Oh! Fuck! Can I say fuck? Whatever. Fuck! Did I forget to say? The guy's holding us here against our wills! Talk about a lock-in contract..."

Dante gave his guitar another light tang. Then another. And another. He was searching for the perfect start chord and...

He found it. E minor.

"But you guys didn't come here for that. Anyway. Here's Wonderwall..."

E Minor, G, Dsus4, A7sus4
It started off slow. Crunchy. Electric.
It grew a little faster.
And faster. And faster. And faster!

He threw a few smaller chords in there for effect. Electricity crackled across Nevan's neck. Her song reverbed across the hall. With one, mighty strike, Dante was ready to begin. Sparks roared from the base of the stage. He whipped his coat like a rock-star. He slammed his foot down into the stage. With a grin pinned to his lips, he started singing.

"Toodayyy is gonna be the day!"

Some strange, ghostly instruments accompanied his metallic strumming. Some heavy drums. Another guitar or two.

"That they're gonna throw it back to yyeeewww!"
A deep, demonic voice accompanied his own.

"By now you shoudaa somehow--"

Dante had once started single alone, with only his guitar to accompany him. He now sung with the support of a full Metal Orchestra.

"Realized what ya gotta dew!"

"WHOOOOO!" He roared, kicking the stage again. "WHOOOOOOO!"
TenderContentAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

"Ahhh don't believe that anybodeee---
"Feels the way ahhh deww, about ya nowwww!!!!

"Backbeat, the word was on the street--
"That the fire in your heart is owwwwt!!!
"I'm sure you've heard it all before!!!
"But you never really had a doubt!!!

"Ahhh don't believe that anybodeee--
"Feels the way ahhh deww, about ya nowwww!!!!

"An' all the roads we 'ave to walk are windannng!"
"An' all the lights that lead us there are blindannng!"
"There are many things that ahhh---
"Would like to say to you but ahhh don't know howwww
"Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves meeeeeee
"And after allllllllllll---
"You're mahh wonderwallllll

"Todayyy was gonna be the dayyyyy--
"But they'll never throw it back to yewww!!
"By naww you should've somehowww!!
"Realized what you're not to dewwww!!

"Wooo! You know the words!"
Dante frolicked. "You know who it is!

"Ahhh don't believe that anybodeee!!!
"Feels the way ahhh deww--
"About yah naaaww!!!

"And all the roads that lead you there are windanggg!!!
"And all the lights that light the way are blindanggg!!!
"There are many things that ahh--
"Would like to say to yewww but I don't know howww!!!!
"Ahhh said maybeeeehh--
"You're gonna be the one that saves meeehhhh!!!
"And after allllll--
"You're mahh wonderwalllll!!!!

I said maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall

I said maybeeeehhh
I've been kidnapped, so Trish get your ass out here and save mehhhhh!!
"Ye gonna be the one that saves meeehhh
"Ye gonna be the one that saves mehhhhhhh!!!!"

"And after aaaaaallllllllllllllllll!"

The drums slowly slowed their intense pounding. Dante strummed Nevan faster than he ever had before. Chord after chord shook the stage.

"YYYYYOOOOUUUU'RRRREEE MMMMYY WONNNNDDEEERRRRWWWAAALLLLL!"

[BANG]

One final chord.
Dante whipped his head back. He pushed his sweaty locked out of his face. Panting, he raised his fist and pounded their air.
"Fuck this show! Fuck its sponsors! And fuck the little rat-boys that brought us here!" He unleashed another triumphant-- "WHOOO! You've been a fantastic audience! Thank you all! Vote Dante! Be good to each other!"

He went to step off of the stage, only to stop himself mid-turn.

"WHOOOO!"

Walking was never his thing. Dante flipped off of the stage and into the crowd.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi etc. etc.​

View attachment 8787

"A puzzle box, but we don't even know how many pieces there are supposed to be. How frustrating," Tsubasa clicked her tongue in mild irritation as the Doctor arrived to give his two cents, the girl feeling so helpless at her own predicament. Usually, she had the luxury of her foes being bombastic and flamboyant enough that they'd make no mistake of what their intent was from the start, so to play these kinds of games here... It was a new experience for Tsubasa for sure.

"Tsubasaaa! There you are!"

As Maria finished her performance and made her way off the stage, the pink-haired woman swiftly made her way back to Tsubasa's position, letting out a worn breath as she was able to wind down again. As Maria arrived to join the small gathering here, Tsubasa blinked with a soft breath.

"M-Maria. That was a nice performance up there," she greeted, fiddling with her hair between her thumb and index finger as she spoke.

Maria gave a somewhat muted look, as though having expecting more than just that from Tsubasa, before clearing her throat.

"I can imagine what's really been on your mind, and I know it's a lot to comprehend, but at this very moment, it doesn't seem like we can do anything about it, so why not just give yourself a break and enjoy the show? I already know how easily you can overwork yourself when we're practicing as idols, let alone as Gear users," the pink-haired girl said sternly, like a concenred mother. "It sounds like the good Doctor knows how to pace himself at least. I must say, it sounds to me like you're no stranger to these sorts of happenings, Doctor."

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron

View attachment 8769

View attachment 8770

@MaxIrvaron
“Yes. It’s all a little suspicious isn’t it?” The Doctor after his show of amazing talent slumped down on a seat next to Tsubasa. “And how our illustrious manager somehow did not forget despite traveling the same way.” After that, he listened to the two girls chattering about whatever. “A closed fists might get one job done but by using this,” The Doctor motions to his head. “You’ll solve everything.”

He looked around the bar before sighing. No sonic screwdriver, no psychic paper. He had to admit he felt rather naked. Especially at this time…it hasn’t even been a month since he lost, her. Maybe this is what he needs right now. A mystery to solve and a bad guy to thwart. “I understand not playing a rigged game. Trust me I’ve been there, but for the time being there are some cards we have to play before the entire deck is revealed. The manager is only one part. The actual talent show is the other. Who’s actually running this? That’s what we need to figure out.”

@Ver @MaxIrvaron
View attachment 8787

"A puzzle box, but we don't even know how many pieces there are supposed to be. How frustrating," Tsubasa clicked her tongue in mild irritation as the Doctor arrived to give his two cents, the girl feeling so helpless at her own predicament. Usually, she had the luxury of her foes being bombastic and flamboyant enough that they'd make no mistake of what their intent was from the start, so to play these kinds of games here... It was a new experience for Tsubasa for sure.

As Maria finished her performance and made her way off the stage, the pink-haired woman swiftly made her way back to Tsubasa's position, letting out a worn breath as she was able to wind down again. As Maria arrived to join the small gathering here, Tsubasa blinked with a soft breath.

"M-Maria. That was a nice performance up there," she greeted, fiddling with her hair between her thumb and index finger as she spoke.

Maria gave a somewhat muted look, as though having expecting more than just that from Tsubasa, before clearing her throat.

"I can imagine what's really been on your mind, and I know it's a lot to comprehend, but at this very moment, it doesn't seem like we can do anything about it, so why not just give yourself a break and enjoy the show? I already know how easily you can overwork yourself when we're practicing as idols, let alone as Gear users," the pink-haired girl said sternly, like a concenred mother. "It sounds like the good Doctor knows how to pace himself at least. I must say, it sounds to me like you're no stranger to these sorts of happenings, Doctor."

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron
Camille blushed a bit more and twirled her hair when Tsubasa implied that Camille might sing well. The blue-haired girl had no idea what she was talking about, but Camille appreciated the support. "Aw, that's a really nice compliment to hear, even if it isn't true at all," Camille thanked. Before she could say much more, however, the Doctor plopped onto the scene, and Camille listened to them converse for a few seconds.

The way that he and Tsubasa talked... Camille studied it, seeing how they conversed, and then pounded her fist downwards into her open palm. She'd come to a conclusion!

I look like a dumbass next to these guys!

Camille was always used to having someone with a cool head around to balance her out, but she never realized how much she was used to it until this moment. They were actually able to figure a small plan for all of this bullshit, and Camille was just starting to understand what exactly was happening! I feel like yo hablo dumbass right now...

...but it's no problem! As soon as I get a figure on what's going on, we'll be out of here faster than you can say adios, bitch!
Camille stopped twirling her hair and smiled a bit to herself. That's a good enough plan for me! In the meantime, until I can start beating up whoever the fuck brought us all here in the first place...

Camille looked at Maria and gave her an impressed smile. "¿Tú nombre es Maria? That was a good performance! You've got one helluva talent for this showbiz stuff!"

@Ver @Jeremi

Cassidy wiped some sweat from her brow, stretching her arms. She then turned around, looking for a spot to sit- debating between sitting backstage or going back out to the lounge. Settling on wanting to watch the other acts- she moved to the lounge, awkward and clunky as she tried to juggle her guitar case and water bottle. Cassidy looked around quickly, trying to find where she was sitting before; recognizing the girl who spoke to her before. She gave her a smile and sat next to her again, beaming when she complimented her performance.

"Thanks! I'm Cassidy by the way- and you are?" She asked, her eyes moving back to the stage.

@Takumi @Yun Lee

Cassidy wiped some sweat from her brow, stretching her arms. She then turned around, looking for a spot to sit- debating between sitting backstage or going back out to the lounge. Settling on wanting to watch the other acts- she moved to the lounge, awkward and clunky as she tried to juggle her guitar case and water bottle. Cassidy looked around quickly, trying to find where she was sitting before; recognizing the girl who spoke to her before. She gave her a smile and sat next to her again, beaming when she complimented her performance.

"Thanks! I'm Cassidy by the way- and you are?" She asked, her eyes moving back to the stage.

@Takumi @Yun Lee

Looking away from the stage a moment, red eyes landed on Cassidy when she spoke.

"Meiji Gahata, it's nice to meet you." Meiji greeted, a small smile in place. She remembered enough about the last time she ended up with a bunch of different people to know that not everyone would recognize the Vocaloids. She also knew that some people who knew of her specifically nine times out of ten mixed her up for one. She thought it was a little flattering.

"And no problem Cassidy." She added, her own gaze going to the stage and--

She blinked a moment with a frown. Did that one guy really just jump off the stage?

"So, what do you think this 'prize' is for whoever wins this talent show? They never gave a hint to what it was." She changed the subject then. If it was something silly like a life time supply of OBLIVION energy drinks that'd be stupid. Apparently they didn't even taste good from the way everyone reacted.

@Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Others

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Sark @AnyoneElse

Wherever Dante was, Snufkin would also be there by mere happenstance. A genuine smile was planted on his face, clearly enjoying himself and the talent show around him.

D6PfGTzXkAAcVA8.jpg

"That was quite a show you put on there," Snufkin said to Dante. This was the closest thing to a compliment that Snufkin would ever give out.​

Mima Kirigoe
It was clear to her now. Mima's final song, the last time CHAM! ever sung as a trio, as the ideal, perfect Pop Idol trio. Besides, could she really sing anything else? She's an actress, right? She wasn't a pop idol any longer, after all, there was no going back to that. There was no going back to being a beautiful pure angel. There was no way she'll be going back to purely sing covers and songs with the most innocent of thoughts.

This was her own show now, wasn't it?

She shouldn't be nervous. This was her song.
_____
The blue curtains drew, a pink idol embellished in white stood in the middle. All lights were on her, in a pure white.

This would be the first time she performed by herself. The first time she performed with...who? Oh. Right. Yukiko, Rei.

How could she forget.

A dance routine played out, it was nothing special. A few prances to the side, a smile at the person at the front, a wink to the side, a spin to the middle. Anybody could figure out that it was imprinted in the idol's mind, that achieving even a simple choreography like this was no small feet.

"And now you come and see it all just for yourself
See the angel's wings, but something else is there
And all those magic hearts are all for you again,"

Yes, this was her song. She was an angel, a cute adorable angel who appears, just for her audience! Perfect, and all of her belonged to her fans. After all, if no one was watching, where would an angel like her be? What was an angel of love, without lovers?

"And then you come and listen to the sweet little voice
Singing there for you and only just for you
She is protecting you right now..."

Mima, Mima was looking over everyone. Stepping back, she danced onto a little stage at the back, a figure to be idolized and praised. Her smile grew larger, larger, larger by the word.

"And if sometimes you feel for your love
Send a little heart for her!
And she'll be there with you with her love,
Waiting only for you!"

Mima was completely confident now. She was just acting for her fans now. The fact that she was kidnapped to perform, the fact it was a competition did not matter. For now, she was theirs to be entertained by.

"And when you love her, love her she will be,
A little angel, angel in your heart,
You've got to push it, push it for her love,
And then forever, ever she will be ,
A sweet angel of your heart to be there together!

And now you need a little faith in
me and yourself
When you make your way to change the destiny
If you could only see what
I could do for you

And even when you feel you have a difficult time
Listen to my heart who sings to make you shine
When you start to fall in love."

An instrumental. Generally, a more complex routine would happen here. But the other two weren't there to perform with her, weren't they. So what could she do?

A gift for her long awaiting fans.

"Thank you for listening! I know some of you are disheartened, I know some of you are scared, angry, hopeless. But I want to let you know that no matter where you are, love will follow! Mima will be there with you, let's get through this everyone!"

Not a single complaint against the management themselves.

It wasn't her place to complain.

"And if sometimes you feel for your love
Send a little heart for her
And she'll be there with you with her love
Waiting only for you!

And when you love her, love her she will be
A little angel, angel in your heart
You've got to push it, push it for her love
And then forever, ever she will be
A sweet angel of your heart to be there together!"

A smile, a bow. The lights went out, the perfect blue curtains drew. Mima drew back, not before giving a kiss to her audience though.
_________
Backstage, she sighed. Not because of nerves, not of disappointment. Happiness. No matter what, even if she came last, she still made people happy. That was what mattered. And she was happy, as well, of course! Why wouldn't she be? Why would she perform this song if she didn't want it?

She looked at the mirror, brushing her hair. She should probably move soon, but she couldn't go out with her hair like this.

This woman. No, girl, in the mirror, the one that was smiling...

That was her. Mima Kirigoe. The pop idol.

@Yun Lee @Everyone​

Evan Hansen- Words Fail (For fun)

Evan walked onto the stage, looking like someone had shot his dog. He half sang- half spoke the first few lyrics. Two videos played in the background. One was a cute animatic.... the other was more heart breaking.

I never meant to make it such a mess.
I never thought that it would go this far.

I just stand here sorry.
Searching for something to stay.
Something to say.
Words fail,Words fail.
There's nothing I can Say

Evan would pause, looking out into the audience.

I guess I thought I could be part of this
I never had this kind of thing before
I never had that perfect girl
Who somehow could see the good part of me

I never had the dad who stuck it out
NO CORNY JOKES or baseball gloves
No mom who just was there
'Cause mom was all that she had to be

THAT'S NOT A WORTHY EXPLAINATION
I know there is none
Nothing can make sense of all these things I've done

Words fail, words fail
There's nothing I can say
EXCEPT SOMETIMES, you see everything you wanted
And sometimes, you see everything YOU WISH you had
And it's right there, right there, RIGHT THERE
In front of you
And you want to believe it's true
So you make it true
And you think maybe everybody wants it
And needs it, a little bit too

This was just a sad invention
It wasn't real, I know
But we were happy
I guess I couldn't let that go
I guess I couldn't give that up
I guess I wanted to believe
'Cause if I just believe

Then I don't have to see what's really there

NO, I'd rather pretend I'm something better than these broken parts

Pretend I'm something other than this mess that I am
'Cause then I don't have to look at it
And no one gets to look at it
No, no one CAN REALLY SEE

'Cause I've learned to slam on the brake
Before I even turn the key
Before I make the mistake
Before I lead with the worst of me
I never let them see the WORST OF ME.

His sinigng got lighter

'Cause what if everyone saw?
What if everyone knew?
Would they like what they saw?
Or would they hate it too?
Will I just keep on running away from what's true?

All I ever do is run
So how do I step in
Step into the sun?
Step into the sun?

Evan looked over at the audience, ending the song in tears and walking off the stage.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Everyone

(OOC Note, THIS IS FOR FUN! MIMA'S MY SUBMISSION! Then again, I didn't really post the lyrics so...)

Rin Kagamine
Dressed in (well the closest replica she could find of) the custom school uniform she had dressed it, Rin looked at the mirror and moved the sides of her lips up with her fingers to replicate a smile.

Len wasn't here, but...

Oh, who cares! Rin giggled to herself, and jogged in place to get her self active! It kindaaaaa sucked she was a bit low on energy and all, but it was nothing. She's worked with voice cracks, more scenes where she was put in uncute situations then she could count, and her brother. Being kidnapped and forced to sing when she was supposed to be on maintained was nothing! Ha!

"Do, rei, mi, fa, so, la, TIIII, DOOO!"

Any vocalist worth their salt (Rin had no idea what that meant, maybe singers used to drink salt water or something. She was an android though, so luckily, such inferior things such as dehydration and raspy voices weren't a thing she needed to worry about.) needed to warm up, and she, especially was going to have to.

Why?

"Rettou Joutou, BRING IT ON,
Highest islands, restless Japan,
A kid's game, this Mathematica
It's so obvious, the tricks, but
I've no pride!"

Despite her not being the best with stage design, since well, they didn't usually perform in a fancy pantsy stage, Rin made her stage pretty....glammy. Tacky was more the proper term, looked like she wanted to replicate her original performance's style, but with enough props to make it hard to see her. Also, a stop sign crashed into one of the speakers.

Rin kept going despite the speaker being a bit muffled., she knew she was the best. She had no "Rettou Joutou", no inferiority superiority, she was just superior. Yes, she was! She just had to keep saying it until everyone in the world knew that. She just had to keep singing until she knew that.

Besides, she had a trick up her bell sleeves....

A hologram next to her flickered on, a matching voice, a nearly matching appearance. That was her dear brother...

Rin stopped for a moment, in the middle of her amazing (Read: Totally made up) choreography. The hologram phased in and out of the existance, and then disappeared. WHAT!? Oh. One of the lights crashed into the projector. She totallly wasn't to blame.

Oh well, she didn't need a fake backup dancers for....

"How grand, playing officer are you?
Just to play it safe up here, how dull is this,
Come on, more mistakes, Bring it!
And do something about this boredom,"

CHANGINGHERVOICESOMUCHITSOUNDEDLIKEHERBROTHERANYWAYS! It was...okay, it wasn't easy but she'll never admit that. She just had to sing very deep in her chest, very, very deep. And put on that tough persona Len tried so hard to put on.

The song remained the same from the moment on. As the same as it could be, with the speakers muffled, anyways. And with Rin trying to handle two voices at the same time. Prettttty hard. She did well for the most part, but um. There were a...few 'Oops I'm supposed to be singing as my brother!' moments, which results in a few stops and start.

But hey, it was definitely up to standard for her, and for the concert. She wasn't a failure at all!

View attachment 8792

....She really hoped blushing in shame wasn't a thing in Vocaloids.

After the song finished, she went back to where she was sitting. She was quiet, for once. Her face was unreadable. She wasn't usually this upset, there was whiny mildly upset Rin. Then there was this Rin. She sat down, clutching her hair.

PAREO

"That was like, super cool, Rin!!" Pareo gawked, her eyes practically glimmering with awe. How those people created such epic special effects, she had no idea, so she figured it must've been some advanced alien technology. Her concerts with those LED lights couldn't even compare!

She clapped after every song, cheering the contestants on.

"So many talented people! Makes me wanna run up there and sing something too!!"

"..."

View attachment 8790

"Actually..."

───────────────────

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!!"

Pareo stood on stage, her keyboards set up in front of her.

"I'm Raise a Suilen's keyboardist, PAREO! My bandmates aren't here, but... I'm here to show how cool we could be, if we were all here!"

The lights dimmed, and she took a deep breath, fingers running over the keys. She may not have been the main vocalist, but she wasn't shy from trying her darn best to sing.

Her fingers moved gracefully against the keys, her body swaying along to the music as strobes of neon light shot up behind her.

View attachment 8793

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Ladies & Gentlemen!
Are the preparations okay?!

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

It's too late to try and run away!
With our music, we'll lock onto the target!!
It's alright! You can leave it to me!

Her voice wasn't as powerful as Layer's. There was only so much she could do with her keyboard. But as she played, she felt everyone's presence around her.

Layer's bass, Masking's drums, Rokka's guitar, CHU²'s DJ...

I can't fail them!

She heard all of them. With her keyboard synth, she became a one-girl-show.

Our music is undoubtedly the best and most sublime!!
We'll strike through our opponents, no matter who they are!

GAN!! GAN!! GAN!!
We won't hold back at all, change into invasion mode and fight!!
Be prepared for the shock of being deprived of your soul!

Progressively, her voice became louder as she grew in confidence; as she lost herself in the music. She felt a rush of energy when the chorus neared, electricity shooting through her limbs.

Invade, invade, invade, invade into the mind!!
(RAI!! RAI!! RAI!!)

We'll capture all mankind!!!
(RAI!! RAI!! R.A.S!!!)

Bathe in our music!

View attachment 8794

Invade, invade, invade, invade into the world!!!
(RAI!! RAI!! RAI!!)

Take this, Earth!
(RAI!! RAI!! R.A.S!!!)

Be reborn from the cells
Oh, Yes!! Tensions are high!
We always win when the new era opens!

With all her energy, she let out her final roar.

We own this world, keep in touch!!!
The music died down, and Pareo stood there, fingers shaking and breathing heavy. That was the first time she did a solo! With a big smile on her face, she gave the crowd a bow.

"Thank you!! That's all from me!"

Last edited:
View attachment 8787

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron

"Yes it was quite exciting, I really nodded my head to it. I really like the...music." The Doctor remarked with a smile. "No stranger to problems no. I haven't done one of these situations for awhile though. The last time it..." He pondered. "I seem to remember a murder and a hotel? Hazy. I might have gotten myself drunk at the all-expense bar. I think I met myself. The one everyone hates."

He shook his head. That wasn't important right now. "The important thing to remember is to go with the flow. We have no equipment and no knowledge of the real threat. I've been trying to investigate but this bar does not have much to offer. I don't want to get your and the others at risk in trying to hack the vault that has our equipment because I assume that's a big no-no. So perhaps, we'll consider our options after the talent show is done and see what that will open up to us."

@Ver @MaxIrvaron

Back