As the last performer left the stage, there were a few minutes of silence as no one else seemed to be getting up to perform. "That it? Okay then..." Mylar took the stage again, taking the mic.

"Weren't they wonderful, everybody? These acts sure put the talent in Intergalactic Talent, huh? Twelve incredible acts, and--" The proprietor was interrupted as a bony green hamd tugged on his sleeve. Mylar turned to the side of the stage, frowning in irritation. "What? I'm on stage!"

"This RELATES to the show, you bleedin'..."
The gnarled voice of the manager faded into angry unintelligible grumbling as he handed Mylar an index card, taking his leave.

"Hmph..." Mylar skimmed the card, then cleared his throat. "Ahem! Uh...'Due to unforeseen circumstances and a violation of her contract, Margaret Moonlight has been disqualified from the competition!' Well, looks like that's one less person vying for that top prize for the rest of you! Judging will now be underway for the...eleven people still left, and prizes will be announced right away!"

---

The Talent Show submission period is now over! Now it's time for the voting period to begin!

How It Works:
Between Sunday the 27th, 12 pm PST/3 pm EST, and Tuesday the 29th, 12 pm PST/3 pm PST, please send me a private message on STC to place your votes! You will send your top three acts ranked first, second, and third. These are OOC votes and do not need to be made IC (as if your character is voting). However, you may NOT vote for your own character. You can participate in voting even if you weren't in the talent show! But make sure you have your choices ready and for sure: once your vote is sent in, it is final and cannot be changed.

Vote for the following:

The Doctor
Sweet Ann
Cassidy Embers
Maria Cadenzavna Eve
Calliope Mori
Lord Raptor
Margaret Moonlight
Meiji Gahata
Cooper Reid
Dante
Mima Kirigoe
Pareo

And if you have any questions, please ask!

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri @mintyy

Last edited:
View attachment 8813

"Wait and see until the others reveal more of their hand... I don't like it, all this waiting, not while there must be something I can do, but... I suppose in the absence of a better plan, biding our time may be the best move for now," Tsubasa relented in response to the Doctor with a furrowed brow, crossing her arms in a stern manner.

"Aha, you're too kind," Maria said meanwhile to Camille with a sheepish giggle, waving her hand in place as though to say it was no big deal. "I am an idol where I come from, but I like to think I don't let the fame get to me! It's more than enough to know that my feelings can reach anyone listening to my music!"

"I suppose we should get properly acquainted though, if we're gonna be together for a while! Yes, my name is Maria Cadenzavna Eve! I see you've already met my friend, Tsubasa,"
the young woman said politely, folding her arms behind her back. "And what about you?"

@MaxIrvaron @Jeremi

After the talent show performances wrapped up, Calliope and Neko finally rejoined everyone else in the audience.

❝ Omigod, you guys all did great! Maybe it'll be better to have this kind of event in front of a more flexible event, but... we really don't know what else is in store with us being here, huh? ❞ Neko expressed her praises to everyone that performed, but then realized from the Doctor and Tsubasa's that this was still a weirdly fishy situation they were all involved in. Sure, maybe they did forget that they voluntarily agreed on this whole event during the whole travel to this place, but there's a whole lot that could be going on in the background without their knowledge, especially with the memory loss they supposedly have.

❝ Hm... Calliope, do you have any ideas on what's up with this whole event? Maybe you know something with being a reaper and stuff? Maybe? ❞ The remixer glanced over at the underworld denizen, who was already in the middle of drinking wine straight from the bottle.

sirz069.png

❝ Meh, hell if I know. I'm a reaper on hiatus, not a life-changing encyclopedia. ❞ Calliope responded with a dismissive manner when it was made clear that she didn't have any clue either, followed by another swig of her alcoholic beverage. While it was unspoken, she was still being hard on herself over her own performance.

@Ver @MaxIrvaron @Jeremi

(OOC Note, THIS IS FOR FUN! MIMA'S MY SUBMISSION! Then again, I didn't really post the lyrics so...)

Rin Kagamine
Dressed in (well the closest replica she could find of) the custom school uniform she had dressed it, Rin looked at the mirror and moved the sides of her lips up with her fingers to replicate a smile.

Len wasn't here, but...

Oh, who cares! Rin giggled to herself, and jogged in place to get her self active! It kindaaaaa sucked she was a bit low on energy and all, but it was nothing. She's worked with voice cracks, more scenes where she was put in uncute situations then she could count, and her brother. Being kidnapped and forced to sing when she was supposed to be on maintained was nothing! Ha!

"Do, rei, mi, fa, so, la, TIIII, DOOO!"

Any vocalist worth their salt (Rin had no idea what that meant, maybe singers used to drink salt water or something. She was an android though, so luckily, such inferior things such as dehydration and raspy voices weren't a thing she needed to worry about.) needed to warm up, and she, especially was going to have to.

Why?

"Rettou Joutou, BRING IT ON,
Highest islands, restless Japan,
A kid's game, this Mathematica
It's so obvious, the tricks, but
I've no pride!"

Despite her not being the best with stage design, since well, they didn't usually perform in a fancy pantsy stage, Rin made her stage pretty....glammy. Tacky was more the proper term, looked like she wanted to replicate her original performance's style, but with enough props to make it hard to see her. Also, a stop sign crashed into one of the speakers.

Rin kept going despite the speaker being a bit muffled., she knew she was the best. She had no "Rettou Joutou", no inferiority superiority, she was just superior. Yes, she was! She just had to keep saying it until everyone in the world knew that. She just had to keep singing until she knew that.

Besides, she had a trick up her bell sleeves....

A hologram next to her flickered on, a matching voice, a nearly matching appearance. That was her dear brother...

Rin stopped for a moment, in the middle of her amazing (Read: Totally made up) choreography. The hologram phased in and out of the existance, and then disappeared. WHAT!? Oh. One of the lights crashed into the projector. She totallly wasn't to blame.

Oh well, she didn't need a fake backup dancers for....

"How grand, playing officer are you?
Just to play it safe up here, how dull is this,
Come on, more mistakes, Bring it!
And do something about this boredom,"

CHANGINGHERVOICESOMUCHITSOUNDEDLIKEHERBROTHERANYWAYS! It was...okay, it wasn't easy but she'll never admit that. She just had to sing very deep in her chest, very, very deep. And put on that tough persona Len tried so hard to put on.

The song remained the same from the moment on. As the same as it could be, with the speakers muffled, anyways. And with Rin trying to handle two voices at the same time. Prettttty hard. She did well for the most part, but um. There were a...few 'Oops I'm supposed to be singing as my brother!' moments, which results in a few stops and start.

But hey, it was definitely up to standard for her, and for the concert. She wasn't a failure at all!

View attachment 8792

....She really hoped blushing in shame wasn't a thing in Vocaloids.

After the song finished, she went back to where she was sitting. She was quiet, for once. Her face was unreadable. She wasn't usually this upset, there was whiny mildly upset Rin. Then there was this Rin. She sat down, clutching her hair.

Gris nudged Rin before smiling at the robotic idol. She had already been halfway through a second stack of pancakes as the performances for the talent show and the people who went up just to sing went on. She had considered it, to sing for fun. Ultimately she went against it, since she never sung for so many people before.

"You were good!" She praised, hoping to cheer Rin up. She thought everyone's performances were pretty great overall.

Meiji meanwhile, gave Rin two thumbs up and mouthed out 'great job!'. She hoped that it brightened Rin's mood somehow, besides wasn't chaotic cuteness her staple? Not that she'd ask her that out loud.

@Yun Lee @Farewell @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @mintyy @PancakeCrew

How long had it been now, since she'd been pulled from her home one fateful evening and cast into the ever expanding multiverse? Time seemed to almost blur together; so many days spent traveling and spreading her music to those far beyond the reach of her original home. And so, when the android found herself waking up in a stuffy dressing room that she didn't recognize in the slightest, Miku's reaction was... surprisingly calm.
View attachment 8817
There was no yelling, no anxiety. Just a curious hum as she made her way out, towards the direction of what could easily be discerned as some sort of stage performance going on. She knew well of what they sounded like, naturally.

It didn't take her long to find where everyone had gathered to... watch some sort of talent show? It seemed to have come to an end by the time she got there, but that wasn't gonna stop her from trying to weasel her way up towards the front of the audience and see what it's all about. She didn't realize it yet, but there were a few familiar faces among the crowd.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ Everyone else​

Evan Hansen

Evan would take a deep breath, still reeling from singing that song. It made everything feel so raw and in the moment. He looked down at his cast, the second one after he ran to the park and climbed another tree... higher and higher til the sun shined on his face and he jumped. But he had missed again.... missed his goal. All he did was rebreak the same arm.He had put his old cast and before he saw his mom, he was here.... wherever here had been. He looked over at the new girl.

"
Did I miss you earlier? I'm Evan," he replied, running his good hand through his hair.

@Override

View attachment 8813

"Wait and see until the others reveal more of their hand... I don't like it, all this waiting, not while there must be something I can do, but... I suppose in the absence of a better plan, biding our time may be the best move for now," Tsubasa relented in response to the Doctor with a furrowed brow, crossing her arms in a stern manner.

"Aha, you're too kind," Maria said meanwhile to Camille with a sheepish giggle, waving her hand in place as though to say it was no big deal. "I am an idol where I come from, but I like to think I don't let the fame get to me! It's more than enough to know that my feelings can reach anyone listening to my music!"

"I suppose we should get properly acquainted though, if we're gonna be together for a while! Yes, my name is Maria Cadenzavna Eve! I see you've already met my friend, Tsubasa,"
the young woman said politely, folding her arms behind her back. "And what about you?"

@MaxIrvaron @Jeremi

“I don’t like it either,” The Doctor admitted. “I’m usually a more in your face kind of guy but it’s pointless to try and intimidate ratman, and Mr Green smelled really weird so I don’t want to get too close to him either. That’s why we’ll abide. Wait for a moment to strike…or get sent home after the talent show but…I wouldn’t count on it.”

@MaxIrvaron @Ver

View attachment 8813

@MaxIrvaron @Jeremi
A dim shadow suddenly began to grow on the seat next to Maria, coupled a comical whistling noise of something - or someone - falling. CRAAAAASH! A gust of wind threw dust into the air as something crashed into the seat next to the young woman, crushing the cushioned chair into the ground and forming a small crater. A clawed, pallid hand clutched the edge of the said crater, heaving the rest of his bony form from the ruins with a wheezing cackle.

View attachment 8829

"Why, you can jus' call me LORD RAPTOR, baby! EYAAAHAHAH!" cackled the undying god of metal, his rotting jaws contorting into an ugly grin. "I MUST apologize for not bein' straight about my appearance, but, you know how it is in showbiz. Kids jus' don't vibe with the dead and the dying until it's SCREAMING and HOWLING in their bloody fuckin' faces, heh heh heh!"

The zombie clawed his way out from the mess of his arrival, digging his other hand into the rubble and tearing the somehow-still-functioning seat out from it. He collapsed into the cushion with an uncomfortably bony rattle, producing his crimson guitar from thin air and stroking a few sharp strings with his claw.

"So, what'dya think of my lil' show, Mary? No, Margaret? Nah, w- Maria! Hah, yeah. Rocked the soul outta yer body, am I right?!"

@Ver @MaxIrvaron @Takumi @Jeremi @Override @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @whoever

View attachment 8830

"Yes, as much fun as I had singing, I'm still troubled by the circumstances as to how we got here. I must admit to still finding this whole situation strange," Maria nodded as Calliope and Neko entered the conversation, letting out a resigned breath. It couldn't be stated enough how troubling it was to still not remember how they'd all gotten here, even after being told of how it supposedly happened, but there wasn't much they could do, and certainly not while none of their abilities were active, it seemed. At the very least though, Maria was more receptive to the "wait and see" approach than Tsubasa was. One would be better at looking out for the other.

And then...

Whoosh!

"Kyaaa!" Maria cried out in surprise and fear as Lord Raptor suddenly appeared -- practically out of the nether -- right next to her, causing the pink haired girl to almost jump right where she stood. Not that someone looking like this, with a way of getting around like that, was nothing Maria had not entirely seen before, but without access to her own Gear, she felt so vulnerable, so human. It almost reminded her of her own mortality.

"G-Goodness me...! R-Right, whatever you say, sir, ahaha..." Maria laughed nervously with Lord Raptor, taking an instinctive step away from him. "Y-Yes, your show was quite... distinctive. Provocative, even! Wouldn't you say, Tsubasa?!" She said, mostly to placate Lord Raptor as his mere appearance was enough to unsettle her, though she did have to admit even so, his music... suited him. There was no way that a mindless beast with no eye for the instruments could have made a show like that, for sure.

View attachment 8831

"Personally, a bit vulgar for my liking. If I was allowed to read just what kind of person you are from the music you convey, the feelings you communicate through it... Yes, vulgar would be the word. Less music and more like noise," Tsubasa said brusquely, not having quite as nice words for Raptor in turn, not seeming as eager to get along with everyone as Maria was.

"And we're supposed to be making friends here..."

@Crunch @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies @Others

A dim shadow suddenly began to grow on the seat next to Maria, coupled a comical whistling noise of something - or someone - falling. CRAAAAASH! A gust of wind threw dust into the air as something crashed into the seat next to the young woman, crushing the cushioned chair into the ground and forming a small crater. A clawed, pallid hand clutched the edge of the said crater, heaving the rest of his bony form from the ruins with a wheezing cackle.

View attachment 8829

"Why, you can jus' call me LORD RAPTOR, baby! EYAAAHAHAH!" cackled the undying god of metal, his rotting jaws contorting into an ugly grin. "I MUST apologize for not bein' straight about my appearance, but, you know how it is in showbiz. Kids jus' don't vibe with the dead and the dying until it's SCREAMING and HOWLING in their bloody fuckin' faces, heh heh heh!"

The zombie clawed his way out from the mess of his arrival, digging his other hand into the rubble and tearing the somehow-still-functioning seat out from it. He collapsed into the cushion with an uncomfortably bony rattle, producing his crimson guitar from thin air and stroking a few sharp strings with his claw.

"So, what'dya think of my lil' show, Mary? No, Margaret? Nah, w- Maria! Hah, yeah. Rocked the soul outta yer body, am I right?!"

View attachment 8830

"Yes, as much fun as I had singing, I'm still troubled by the circumstances as to how we got here. I must admit to still finding this whole situation strange," Maria nodded as Calliope and Neko entered the conversation, letting out a resigned breath. It couldn't be stated enough how troubling it was to still not remember how they'd all gotten here, even after being told of how it supposedly happened, but there wasn't much they could do, and certainly not while none of their abilities were active, it seemed. At the very least though, Maria was more receptive to the "wait and see" approach than Tsubasa was. One would be better at looking out for the other.

And then...

Whoosh!

"Kyaaa!" Maria cried out in surprise and fear as Lord Raptor suddenly appeared -- practically out of the nether -- right next to her, causing the pink haired girl to almost jump right where she stood. Not that someone looking like this, with a way of getting around like that, was nothing Maria had not entirely seen before, but without access to her own Gear, she felt so vulnerable, so human. It almost reminded her of her own mortality.

"G-Goodness me...! R-Right, whatever you say, sir, ahaha..." Maria laughed nervously with Lord Raptor, taking an instinctive step away from him. "Y-Yes, your show was quite... distinctive. Provocative, even! Wouldn't you say, Tsubasa?!" She said, mostly to placate Lord Raptor as his mere appearance was enough to unsettle her, though she did have to admit even so, his music... suited him. There was no way that a mindless beast with no eye for the instruments could have made a show like that, for sure.

View attachment 8831

"Personally, a bit vulgar for my liking. If I was allowed to read just what kind of person you are from the music you convey, the feelings you communicate through it... Yes, vulgar would be the word. Less music and more like noise," Tsubasa said brusquely, not having quite as nice words for Raptor in turn, not seeming as eager to get along with everyone as Maria was.

Camille's adrenaline levels were lowered; it seemed like it was about to be a nice conversation. So Maria was a pop star? Oh, yo sé Lucy would've loved to meet her! But I doubt she'd be taking this so well if she got kidnapped again... Oh, whatever.

Thinking about her younger triplet sister, was about to answer the beautiful idol with her own name, but all she could get out was a "Cam-" when suddenly, she was interrupted by a faint falling sound that grew louder, and louder, and then... BOOM! Lord Raptor descended, making a quite... dramatic entrance, and interrupting Camille.

A vein throbbed in Camille's forehead, and her eyes shot daggers into the front of Lord Raptor's skull, and she aggressively pointed at him. "Hey, bonehead! Will you not be an ass-"

Camille paused, seeing how Maria reacted, and decided to chill a bit more... however, Camille's version of "chill" was basically to say things she would yell, but in lowercase. "hey bonehead. will you not be an ass and wait for a better time to join a conversation, you dumb fuck. i was literally talking to her, do your eyes not work or some shit like that. jesus."

Was it nice? No.... but Camille said it in the most inoffensive, emotionless way possible.

@Ver @Crunch

View attachment 8829

cRl12J8.png

"If you're dead why are you walking? That's very not dead of you," The Doctor remarked to Lord Raptor. "And is that a title? Lord Raptor? Or is Lord your first name? I feel like your parents were trying a little too hard there. Raptor? Are you of the Edinburgh Raptors? Unusual all around."

View attachment 8830

And then...

Whoosh!

View attachment 8831

"Oh Tsubasa! A little Death Metal doesn't hurt anyone! It's just something you humans call music!"

jzh8dP0.png

"Now K-Pop. That's something you should be afraid of."

@Ver @Crunch @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies @Others

Chapter One
"It Gets Worse"

Sometime before the events at Mylar's...

It was a day like any other at the Amaguni Law Firm. Hitoya was in his office, drinking his usual brand of coffee with beans he ground himself...and he was stuck in a room with two idiots who just didn't know when to shut up. Not even noon and already he had a goddamn headache courtesy of these brats. And even so, it still counted as a regular day, as seeing these two had become the norm since he joined up with them to form the Nagoya Division. Whether that was a good decision or not was still up in the air, though.

"Okay, that's enough!" Hitoya snapped in an attempt to get the two teenagers to settle down. "Now listen up. There's two things I hate. First, getting a mouthful of coffee grounds in my cup. And second, when more than one person tries to talk at the same time." He set his coffee mug down and sat back in his chair, crossing his arms and giving the two a steely look reserved for witnesses in the courtroom. “Here's what's going to happen. The two of you are going to speak one at a time, and you're going to explain to me what this 'emergency' of yours is. Which one of you is going first?"

“Hitoya-San, please!” Jyushi threw himself down upon the Lawyer’s desk. He buried his face in a stack of important-looking papers. It was an unintentional ultimatum-- either Hitoya gave him some of his time, or he’d stain the stack of contracts grey with his tears. “Please!” He mumbled, his words muffled by his sleeves. “The last lawyer-man we spoke to laughed at us! Whatever you’re going to say, we’ve heard it before! Please show us ‘Mr.Nice-Hitoya’! We’ve earned it! It’s the least you could do for you sworn friends and allies!”

"........" As Jyushi gave his plea, Hitoya watched in...well, not disbelief. Sadly it would be out of the ordinary if these kids didn't pull dumb shit like this. No, the look on the lawyer's face was pure exhaustion. As much as he'd been hoping to savor his coffee this morning, Hitoya picked up his mug and just downed the entire damn thing. Lord knows he was gonna need it. "Just let it out, Jyushi," he said, tugging whatever papers he could from under the musician. "But if you're gonna start crying, watch the papers. I have important legal documents here."

“It all started w-with… w-with Amanda!” Jyushi whimpered, placing his hands in his pockets. “I know what you’re going to say! You’re going to say it's ‘silly’ and ‘childish’ and ‘unbecoming’, but I care not! I will not hear an ill word against my precious pig!” Jyushi huffed, puffed and stomped like a spoiled child. He stuck out his lip until he resembled the push-pig in question. “I… I… I… what was I saying?"

"...the pig?"

“What else would it be?” Kuko shrugged exaggeratedly, used to Jyushi’s whiny demeanor. He plopped down in the chair on the other side of Hitoya’s desk, putting his feet up.

“The Laywer said it was a stupid idea…” Jyushi sniffed. “He said that I didn’t ‘own’ Amanda! Can you imagine that? Can you imagine the nerve?! Amanda is mine! I don’t care who ‘designed’ her! She’s mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! She’s been at my side ever since---”

"Jyushi. Please." Hitoya was massaging his temples at this point. "What does your stuffed animal have to do with you both storming into my office and keeping me from my actual job?"

“He fucking started it!” Kuko groaned, of course they couldn’t make more ‘Amandas’ it’s a pre-existing design. He let out a sigh, patting Jyushi’s head.

“Oh… yeah…we wanted to make more Amandas! You know! For the fans! But he said that… that....” Jyushi swallowed the lump in his throat. “Kuko… Kuko you tell him....”

“That it’s copyrighted-”

“Copyrighted! What an odious woman she was!” Jyushi pouted. “Telling us that we didn’t ‘own her image rights’... whatever that means…”

"Hold on. This is about...copyright?" Hitoya was trying to make sense of whatever the hell these two wanted in between all of Jyushi's theatrics. Moving his desk chair back to the bookshelf behind him, the lawyer plucked a book out, eager to do what he could just to get these two out of here. "Let me see here…This isn't my specialty, but there's nothing I can't tackle." Hitoya licked his thumb in order to flip through the pages. "The H Era copyright law says that--"

“I don’t care what the ‘law’ says!” Jyushi screwed his face up into a tight, wrinkly, wailing ball. “You’re not just a lawyer, Hitoya! You’re the… the… the guy who runs all of Bad-Ass-Temple’s legal-business-money stuff! It’s your job… no… your duty to make this right! You’re the smartest person I know! It’s up to you… you’re the only one who can do this for us, Hitoya…

“That’s why we,

“Your best and dearest and only friends…

“Are asking you….

“To change the law in Bad Ass Temple’s Favour!!!!"

For a few moments, Hitoya was silent, staring blankly at the two. And then, finally… "Kuko. Jyushi." The book in his hand shut loudly, as if to cut any noise in the room down in one fell swoop. "There are two things I can't stand. First, having my time wasted. And second, being bothered at work. And at the moment..." He slid the book back into his shelf and stood up, fixing the two with a disapproving glare. "The two of you are doing both these things. Listen up. When I'm not at the office, or not dealing with a case? That's your time to deal with me all you want...within reason." The last bit was tacked on as he realized that could be taken advantage of by these two. "But when I'm at the office, I'm working. With clients. Who pay me for my time and energy. Every minute I listen to the two of you go on and on about this or that is a minute I could be dealing with something serious. You want me to look into getting Amanda trademarked under the Bad Ass Temple name? Talk to me after work or when we're training for the next Division Battle. But right now?"

He walked to his office door and held it open. "Let me do my goddamn job."

Kuko narrowed his eyes at Jyushi, then Hitoya. Before crossing his arms and huffing.

“Hitoy-” Kuko started but was cut off swiftly.

"I don't wanna hear it! Here..." Hitoya rolled his eyes, pulling his wallet out of his pocket and taking out a few bills, which he held out to the two teenagers. "Take this and go fuck off somewhere until five. The mall, the movie theater, the arcade...I don't know what kids these days do, just get out of here and leave me alone."

Kuko quickly snatched the money, a grin now on his face.

“Works for me! Let’s go Jyushi!”

When they were finally gone, Hitoya closed the door behind them and sighed. "Damn it…" Had he been too harsh? He didn't know. He knew both his teammates had been through some shit growing up-hell, he defended them both in court before they were sixteen! But they had to learn that just because they were a team, that didn't mean Hitoya could be bothered at his own job. Either way... he thought to himself, turning back to his office. At least I won't have any more interruptions for the rest of the day.

Except, of course, for the bony green hand that was opening his fifth-floor office window from the outside.

---

“So...how does this judging of yours work?”

Having left the stage after his announcement, Mylar walked up to the manager, who was leaning against the wall. “I don’t remember you bringing along any judges, and you certainly don’t look like you’re judging anything…”

“It’s all being taken care of, mate.” The manager gave a nonchalant wave of his hand. “Got the computers doin’ that for me. Oh speakin’ of I need to go pick it up from the office…”

My office, you mean.” Mylar frowned. “I’ll be coming with you to make sure you clean up--”

“No!” The manager's sudden outburst surprised Mylar, a reaction that seemed to make the manager collect himself, running a hand over his hair. "Ahem! The, er, young lady that was disqualified, see, she attacked me, and in self-defense I had no choice but to knock her out and restrain her in that office. No tellin' what she'll do to any unlucky sod that just waltzes in."

"Certainly can't say I think you're entirely the victim, pal...I haven't even known you a whole day and I can tell you're probably on a hit list as long as the list of ingredients in those disgusting energy drinks!"

The manager chuckled, getting up off the wall to start for the office. "That's how you know you've made it big, my friend: when half the world wants you dead."

"And the other half?"

The manager stopped in the doorway, looking back with a grin.

20778_253360.jpg

"The other half, Mylar...wants to kill you themselves." He laughed at that, walking away...only to stop the second the office was in sight.

The office with an open door.

The office with a missing occupant.

The office with an open trunk surrounded by ripped-up tape.

"Oh, shit."

---

It couldn't have been three minutes after leaving the backstage that the manager barrelled out onstage, clumsily grabbing the microphone as he did so. "Uh...attention! Folks, please! May I have...your attention!" Gone was the pompous and arrogant man a small portion of the group had met in the office. He was sweating now, tugging at the collar of his shirt. Nervous...but over what?

"Ahem! Everyone, settle down, settle down!" The manager barked into the microphone, seeming to be telling himself that more than anybody else. "We officially have our OBLIVION Intergalactic Talent Search winners!" He looked offstage. "MYLAR! Mylar, get the prizes up here, now!"

"I'm...grgh...trying...!" The poor mouse was left to pull a large trunk onto the stage himself. Once it was there he leaned against it, catching his breath.

The manager was a bit too preoccupied to care. He held up the paper in his hand, quickly reading it out loud. "In third place, with that peppy little pop tune of hers, give it up for Maria Cadence..." He trailed off, narrowing his eyes at the paper. "Uh...Candenz...Cadenza...oh, bloody hell, the pink one!" He pointed at the bar, and a spotlight fell on Maria Cadenzavna Eve. "You! Come on up and claim your prize!"

"E-Eh? Me? Oh, goodness!" Maria gasped out in surprise. An involuntary smile crept upon her features, prompting her to step away from the others she had been in conversation with. "E-Excuse me for just a moment! I'll be right back!" She exclaimed excitedly, before hopping to the front to claim her prize.

"Here you...go..." Mylar forced himself to open the trunk, barely taking out the prize. "One...one..."

With a hop in her step, elated at having made the cut, Maria navigated her way to the front, claiming her prize eagerly. With a genuine smile, she took the mic and began speaking.

"Dear me, I really didn't expect to have gotten this far! I was happy to just be able to participate, but to know that my song was able to reach the audience, that's the true prize of all, and I'm proud to bear this trophy as a testament to the power of music! Thank you all once again!"

Those were her true feelings. She had bared her true feelings toward everyone as she sang, and she had never expected that her song had reached enough people like this. That was the true reward in of itself. With all that said, she hopped off the stage with her prize in hand, in time for the next winner to be announced.

"Aw, sweet. Real sweet. Hope you enjoy the prize, luv: a years supply of OBLIVION Energy Drinks!" It would be at this time that Maria might realize her "trophy" was an OBLIVION can coated in cheap gold paint. "Movin' on! In second place, with that spitfire punk-rock performance...Cassidy Embers!" A spotlight fell on Cassidy Embers, and the manager frantically motioned for her to join him. "Hurry up and get your prize, come on!"

Cassidy was clapping, but her mouth fell open slightly as she was announced as the runner up- a happy surprise. As she walked up the stage she was beaming, giving the crowd a bright smile and bowing. She hugged the manager quickly.

"Guh--!" He was not very thrilled about that, and made sure to step back a bit from the musician, tapping his wrist as if to say speed it along.

"Thank you, thank you!" She cheered, before speaking again.

"I couldn't have done it without thinking of my band, this is for them," she smiled before turning to the manager again, gently punching his arm.

"Thanks, grandpa," she winked.

"Yeah, yeah, adorable kid, bleedin' adorable." The man dusted off his sleeve where she touched him then turned to the mouse man. "Mylar! The prize!"

Mylar, now back to his usual self, opened the second place trunk and peered in. "What the...no way! Nuh-uh!" He looked up at the manager, dumbfounded. "What is this?! What's wrong with you?!? I'm not gonna give that to somebody!"

"Then I will, you little rat! Outta my way!" The manager punted the lounge owner offstage, where a distant crash could be heard, then pulled the prize out himself. "Now, ain't THIS somethin' to write home about?!"

Screenshot_20200929-161808_Chrome.jpg

What was in his hands was a chainsaw, modified to include a cassette player and telephone. "Good thing you signed that liability waiver before comin' in, eh?" The manager said, handing off the weapon to Cassidy.

"Huh?"

Her mouth was agape looking at the pink chainsaw that was being presented to her. Cassidy cocked her head to the side in confusion. She could only blink at the green man as he placed the chainsaw in her hand, still shocked at him kicking the mouse off stage.

"H-hey? Wha-"

"Thank you! Thank you, thanks, get goin' now, off the stage with you!" Practically shoving the second place winner off the stage, the manager cleared his throat. "Okay, okay! Onto the finale. Let's get this over with before...uh, before we run out of those OBLIVION energy drinks! Now. Without a doubt, there's one act that stole the show. Heart-stoppin', nail-bitin', pure heavy metal! Our winner is the one, the only...LORD RAPTOR!!!"

From where he'd landed, a spotlight fell atop the undead musician. "Come on up, mate, get your prize, fast!"

"Sorry, mates, were you sayin' something about my metal? Somethin' about... vulgar? Cuz, I couldn' hear you over the sound of me winning. He HE HAAAA HAHAHAHAHAH! AAAAALRIGHT!"

Raptor twisted his head in Tsubasa's direction, barely mustering any semblance of a reaction beyond a tirade of hysterical laughter and shrill, electrifying riffs across his guitar as he shreds the strings. His bony frame washed in spotlights, the rock-star bounded atop the stage with a running leap, twirling around on his clawed feet and flashing a wild-eyed grin to the lights.

He produced a microphone from seemingly nowhere, shoving it up to his jaws and practically screaming into the mic. The feedback sound was particularly unpleasant.

"I GOT NO ONE TO THANK BUT MYSELF, BABY! HEAR THAT METAL IN YOUR SOOOOUUUL AND SWEAR YOUR LOYALTY TO DA RAPTOOOOOOR, HAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAH!"

He glanced around the auditorium for a moment, then leaned back into the mic again.

"AND FUCK COPS!"

The undead musician cackled again, whipping his hand back like an elastic string before hurling the microphone into the stage and contorting his body around towards the 'manager'. "Now gimme that prize, cucumber!"

The manager actually clapped at Raptor's speech, lowering his voice to whisper. "Y'know, maybe we could do a collab at some point, mate...I'll have my people get in touch with yours an' all that..." But then he turned to the box of prizes before him, taking out a velvet blue box. Inside said box was a solid gold medallion with a skull on it.

Pirate-Medallion-Spinning-Gold-Skull.jpg

The item itself had a certain energy to it, humming within it low but strong. To Raptor in particular, however, it was...familiar, in a way, yet unfamiliar at the same time. Either way, just what that energy could be was indecipherable for the time being.

"You can ogle your goods offstage, mate. Gotta get this show on the road."

Raptor didn't seem to react to the manager's murmuring one way or the other, still high on his own ego as far as anyone else was concerned. Though, the undead rocker's grinning jaws seemed to falter slightly. He snatched the medallion out from the manager's grimy little green mitts, danging the skull-inscribed prize before his dim red eyes.

"... A shiny one, isn't she," he muttered to himself as if he was in a trance.

The rock star's brow furrowed, his teeth grinding against the other for a moment, but he seemed to be knocked out of his funk once the manager started ushering him off the stage. Raptor only responded with a sloppy salute, the undead lunging off the stage with a flexible flip before landing atop his usual seat.

"Heh, alright alright ALRIIIIGHT! GET THAT HYPE CRAWLING OUTTA THE GRAAAAAVE, MATES! WHOSE NEXT?!"

"I'm next! Got one last suprise for you lot..." Once Raptor was offstage, the manager grinned. "Awright, thank you all for comin' in tonight, listenin' to the acts, buyin' OBLIVION products, blah blah blah..." He kneeled down in front of the trunk, undoing a latch that let a second compartment open up. Anyone close enough would see gas canisters peeking up over the top of the trunk, while the manager placed a mask over his head. "Now then..." He turned to the audience, and the type of mask was revealed: a gas mask.

"Heh heh heh...Time for the grand finale."

"You got that right, you musty old fucker!"

Margaret's voice echoed out around the lounge, causing the manger to look around wildly. "Wha-no, w-w-wait! I just need one more minute!" He scrambled to the tanks, trying to turn one of them open.

"Murdoc Niccals..."

"That ain't my name! Never heard of a Murdoc in me life!"

"For the crime of kidnapping over a dozen innocent people..."

"Wait a minute! WAIT!!"

"The Reaper hereby sentences you..."

"Come on, come on, open! Why won't this bleedin' piece of shit open?!?!?"

"...to death."

And with that, the power went out, and everything went black. There was a moment of shock and murmuring coming from the audience, before everything cut out when a voice started singing.

"Reaper, Reaper, that's what people call me..."

It was Margaret's own voice, but this time hearing it made your blood freeze in your veins. Frozen, you could only sit or stand in shock, all while the noises of a struggle broke out onstage. The manager, a name named Murdoc apparently, could be heard crying out and swearing, while Margaret could be heard struggling, as well. A third voice joined in, one nobody recognized, and then there was the sound of footsteps running offstage. And just like that, the lights were on, and you suddenly felt yourself able to move again.

Mylar rushed back onstage. "Which one of you turned off the lights?! When you shut off the power that gives people supernatural abilities back and...huh? Who are you?!"

Murdoc and Margaret were nowhere to be seen, and instead stood a man in a leather jacket that hadn't been there before.

Hitoya-Manga.jpg

"The guy who's gonna make you rich," he said. "That goes for the rest of you, too. I'm suing that guy for everything he's got!"

"What is going on here?!"

"There'll be time to explain once we catch that son of a bitch," the man said. "Margaret couldn't have gotten far. Come on!" He motioned for you to follow him backstage. Whether you did or not, of course, was entirely up to you. As it so happened, as the lights came on, so did the house music system, playing a song that seemed to fit the sudden chaos a bit too well.

Cast List

@Gummi Bunnies as Calliope Mori [Hololive] and Neko Asakura [Cytus II]
@MaxIrvaron as Camille Ignacia Irvaron [Original Character]
@Space_Candy as Cassidy Embers [Original Character] and Kuko Harai [Hypnosis Mic]
@Lucky as Cooper Reid [Original Character] and Evan Hansen [Dear Evan Hansen]
@Sark as Dante [Devil May Cry] and Jyushi Aimono [Hypnosis Mic]
@Takumi as Gris [GRIS] and Meiji Gahata [Vocaloid]
@Yun Lee as Hitoya Amaguni [Hypnosis Mic] and Margaret Moonlight [No More Heroes]
@Crow as Inugami Korone [Hololive] and Uruha Rushia [Hololive]
@Crunch as Lord Raptor [Darkstalkers]
@Ver as Maria Cadenzavna Eve [Symphogear] and Tsubasa Kazanari [Symphogear]
@Override as Miku Hatsune [Vocaloid]
@Farewell as Mima Kirigoe [Perfect Blue] and Rin Kagamine [Vocaloid]
@mintyy as Nyubara Reona [BanG Dream!] and Oliver [Vocaloid]
@Minerva as Rise Kujikawa [Persona 4]
@Atomic Knight as Sarah Lynn [Bojack Horseman]
@Capri as Snufkin [Moomin] and Sweet Ann [Vocaloid]
@Jeremi as The Doctor [Doctor Who]​

Chapter One
"It Gets Worse"

Sometime before the events at Mylar's...

It was a day like any other at the Amaguni Law Firm. Hitoya was in his office, drinking his usual brand of coffee with beans he ground himself...and he was stuck in a room with two idiots who just didn't know when to shut up. Not even noon and already he had a goddamn headache courtesy of these brats. And even so, it still counted as a regular day, as seeing these two had become the norm since he joined up with them to form the Nagoya Division. Whether that was a good decision or not was still up in the air, though.

"Okay, that's enough!" Hitoya snapped in an attempt to get the two teenagers to settle down. "Now listen up. There's two things I hate. First, getting a mouthful of coffee grounds in my cup. And second, when more than one person tries to talk at the same time." He set his coffee mug down and sat back in his chair, crossing his arms and giving the two a steely look reserved for witnesses in the courtroom. “Here's what's going to happen. The two of you are going to speak one at a time, and you're going to explain to me what this 'emergency' of yours is. Which one of you is going first?"

“Hitoya-San, please!” Jyushi threw himself down upon the Lawyer’s desk. He buried his face in a stack of important-looking papers. It was an unintentional ultimatum-- either Hitoya gave him some of his time, or he’d stain the stack of contracts grey with his tears. “Please!” He mumbled, his words muffled by his sleeves. “The last lawyer-man we spoke to laughed at us! Whatever you’re going to say, we’ve heard it before! Please show us ‘Mr.Nice-Hitoya’! We’ve earned it! It’s the least you could do for you sworn friends and allies!”

"........" As Jyushi gave his plea, Hitoya watched in...well, not disbelief. Sadly it would be out of the ordinary if these kids didn't pull dumb shit like this. No, the look on the lawyer's face was pure exhaustion. As much as he'd been hoping to savor his coffee this morning, Hitoya picked up his mug and just downed the entire damn thing. Lord knows he was gonna need it. "Just let it out, Jyushi," he said, tugging whatever papers he could from under the musician. "But if you're gonna start crying, watch the papers. I have important legal documents here."

“It all started w-with… w-with Amanda!” Jyushi whimpered, placing his hands in his pockets. “I know what you’re going to say! You’re going to say it's ‘silly’ and ‘childish’ and ‘unbecoming’, but I care not! I will not hear an ill word against my precious pig!” Jyushi huffed, puffed and stomped like a spoiled child. He stuck out his lip until he resembled the push-pig in question. “I… I… I… what was I saying?"

"...the pig?"

“What else would it be?” Kuko shrugged exaggeratedly, used to Jyushi’s whiny demeanor. He plopped down in the chair on the other side of Hitoya’s desk, putting his feet up.

“The Laywer said it was a stupid idea…” Jyushi sniffed. “He said that I didn’t ‘own’ Amanda! Can you imagine that? Can you imagine the nerve?! Amanda is mine! I don’t care who ‘designed’ her! She’s mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! She’s been at my side ever since---”

"Jyushi. Please." Hitoya was massaging his temples at this point. "What does your stuffed animal have to do with you both storming into my office and keeping me from my actual job?"

“He fucking started it!” Kuko groaned, of course they couldn’t make more ‘Amandas’ it’s a pre-existing design. He let out a sigh, patting Jyushi’s head.

“Oh… yeah…we wanted to make more Amandas! You know! For the fans! But he said that… that....” Jyushi swallowed the lump in his throat. “Kuko… Kuko you tell him....”

“That it’s copyrighted-”

“Copyrighted! What an odious woman she was!” Jyushi pouted. “Telling us that we didn’t ‘own her image rights’... whatever that means…”

"Hold on. This is about...copyright?" Hitoya was trying to make sense of whatever the hell these two wanted in between all of Jyushi's theatrics. Moving his desk chair back to the bookshelf behind him, the lawyer plucked a book out, eager to do what he could just to get these two out of here. "Let me see here…This isn't my specialty, but there's nothing I can't tackle." Hitoya licked his thumb in order to flip through the pages. "The H Era copyright law says that--"

“I don’t care what the ‘law’ says!” Jyushi screwed his face up into a tight, wrinkly, wailing ball. “You’re not just a lawyer, Hitoya! You’re the… the… the guy who runs all of Bad-Ass-Temple’s legal-business-money stuff! It’s your job… no… your duty to make this right! You’re the smartest person I know! It’s up to you… you’re the only one who can do this for us, Hitoya…

“That’s why we,

“Your best and dearest and only friends…

“Are asking you….

“To change the law in Bad Ass Temple’s Favour!!!!"

For a few moments, Hitoya was silent, staring blankly at the two. And then, finally… "Kuko. Jyushi." The book in his hand shut loudly, as if to cut any noise in the room down in one fell swoop. "There are two things I can't stand. First, having my time wasted. And second, being bothered at work. And at the moment..." He slid the book back into his shelf and stood up, fixing the two with a disapproving glare. "The two of you are doing both these things. Listen up. When I'm not at the office, or not dealing with a case? That's your time to deal with me all you want...within reason." The last bit was tacked on as he realized that could be taken advantage of by these two. "But when I'm at the office, I'm working. With clients. Who pay me for my time and energy. Every minute I listen to the two of you go on and on about this or that is a minute I could be dealing with something serious. You want me to look into getting Amanda trademarked under the Bad Ass Temple name? Talk to me after work or when we're training for the next Division Battle. But right now?"

He walked to his office door and held it open. "Let me do my goddamn job."

Kuko narrowed his eyes at Jyushi, then Hitoya. Before crossing his arms and huffing.

“Hitoy-” Kuko started but was cut off swiftly.

"I don't wanna hear it! Here..." Hitoya rolled his eyes, pulling his wallet out of his pocket and taking out a few bills, which he held out to the two teenagers. "Take this and go fuck off somewhere until five. The mall, the movie theater, the arcade...I don't know what kids these days do, just get out of here and leave me alone."

Kuko quickly snatched the money, a grin now on his face.

“Works for me! Let’s go Jyushi!”

When they were finally gone, Hitoya closed the door behind them and sighed. "Damn it…" Had he been too harsh? He didn't know. He knew both his teammates had been through some shit growing up-hell, he defended them both in court before they were sixteen! But they had to learn that just because they were a team, that didn't mean Hitoya could be bothered at his own job. Either way... he thought to himself, turning back to his office. At least I won't have any more interruptions for the rest of the day.

Except, of course, for the bony green hand that was opening his fifth-floor office window from the outside.

---

“So...how does this judging of yours work?”

Having left the stage after his announcement, Mylar walked up to the manager, who was leaning against the wall. “I don’t remember you bringing along any judges, and you certainly don’t look like you’re judging anything…”

“It’s all being taken care of, mate.” The manager gave a nonchalant wave of his hand. “Got the computers doin’ that for me. Oh speakin’ of I need to go pick it up from the office…”

My office, you mean.” Mylar frowned. “I’ll be coming with you to make sure you clean up--”

“No!” The manager's sudden outburst surprised Mylar, a reaction that seemed to make the manager collect himself, running a hand over his hair. "Ahem! The, er, young lady that was disqualified, see, she attacked me, and in self-defense I had no choice but to knock her out and restrain her in that office. No tellin' what she'll do to any unlucky sod that just waltzes in."

"Certainly can't say I think you're entirely the victim, pal...I haven't even known you a whole day and I can tell you're probably on a hit list as long as the list of ingredients in those disgusting energy drinks!"

The manager chuckled, getting up off the wall to start for the office. "That's how you know you've made it big, my friend: when half the world wants you dead."

"And the other half?"

The manager stopped in the doorway, looking back with a grin.

20778_253360.jpg

"The other half, Mylar...wants to kill you themselves." He laughed at that, walking away...only to stop the second the office was in sight.

The office with an open door.

The office with a missing occupant.

The office with an open trunk surrounded by ripped-up tape.

"Oh, shit."

---

It couldn't have been three minutes after leaving the backstage that the manager barrelled out onstage, clumsily grabbing the microphone as he did so. "Uh...attention! Folks, please! May I have...your attention!" Gone was the pompous and arrogant man a small portion of the group had met in the office. He was sweating now, tugging at the collar of his shirt. Nervous...but over what?

"Ahem! Everyone, settle down, settle down!" The manager barked into the microphone, seeming to be telling himself that more than anybody else. "We officially have our OBLIVION Intergalactic Talent Search winners!" He looked offstage. "MYLAR! Mylar, get the prizes up here, now!"

"I'm...grgh...trying...!" The poor mouse was left to pull a large trunk onto the stage himself. Once it was there he leaned against it, catching his breath.

The manager was a bit too preoccupied to care. He held up the paper in his hand, quickly reading it out loud. "In third place, with that peppy little pop tune of hers, give it up for Maria Cadence..." He trailed off, narrowing his eyes at the paper. "Uh...Candenz...Cadenza...oh, bloody hell, the pink one!" He pointed at the bar, and a spotlight fell on Maria Cadenzavna Eve. "You! Come on up and claim your prize!"

"E-Eh? Me? Oh, goodness!" Maria gasped out in surprise. An involuntary smile crept upon her features, prompting her to step away from the others she had been in conversation with. "E-Excuse me for just a moment! I'll be right back!" She exclaimed excitedly, before hopping to the front to claim her prize.

"Here you...go..." Mylar forced himself to open the trunk, barely taking out the prize. "One...one..."

With a hop in her step, elated at having made the cut, Maria navigated her way to the front, claiming her prize eagerly. With a genuine smile, she took the mic and began speaking.

"Dear me, I really didn't expect to have gotten this far! I was happy to just be able to participate, but to know that my song was able to reach the audience, that's the true prize of all, and I'm proud to bear this trophy as a testament to the power of music! Thank you all once again!"

Those were her true feelings. She had bared her true feelings toward everyone as she sang, and she had never expected that her song had reached enough people like this. That was the true reward in of itself. With all that said, she hopped off the stage with her prize in hand, in time for the next winner to be announced.

"Aw, sweet. Real sweet. Hope you enjoy the prize, luv: a years supply of OBLIVION Energy Drinks!" It would be at this time that Maria might realize her "trophy" was an OBLIVION can coated in cheap gold paint. "Movin' on! In second place, with that spitfire punk-rock performance...Cassidy Embers!" A spotlight fell on Cassidy Embers, and the manager frantically motioned for her to join him. "Hurry up and get your prize, come on!"

Cassidy was clapping, but her mouth fell open slightly as she was announced as the runner up- a happy surprise. As she walked up the stage she was beaming, giving the crowd a bright smile and bowing. She hugged the manager quickly.

"Guh--!" He was not very thrilled about that, and made sure to step back a bit from the musician, tapping his wrist as if to say speed it along.

"Thank you, thank you!" She cheered, before speaking again.

"I couldn't have done it without thinking of my band, this is for them," she smiled before turning to the manager again, gently punching his arm.

"Thanks, grandpa," she winked.

"Yeah, yeah, adorable kid, bleedin' adorable." The man dusted off his sleeve where she touched him then turned to the mouse man. "Mylar! The prize!"

Mylar, now back to his usual self, opened the second place trunk and peered in. "What the...no way! Nuh-uh!" He looked up at the manager, dumbfounded. "What is this?! What's wrong with you?!? I'm not gonna give that to somebody!"

"Then I will, you little rat! Outta my way!" The manager punted the lounge owner offstage, where a distant crash could be heard, then pulled the prize out himself. "Now, ain't THIS somethin' to write home about?!"

Screenshot_20200929-161808_Chrome.jpg

What was in his hands was a chainsaw, modified to include a cassette player and telephone. "Good thing you signed that liability waiver before comin' in, eh?" The manager said, handing off the weapon to Cassidy.

"Huh?"

Her mouth was agape looking at the pink chainsaw that was being presented to her. Cassidy cocked her head to the side in confusion. She could only blink at the green man as he placed the chainsaw in her hand, still shocked at him kicking the mouse off stage.

"H-hey? Wha-"

"Thank you! Thank you, thanks, get goin' now, off the stage with you!" Practically shoving the second place winner off the stage, the manager cleared his throat. "Okay, okay! Onto the finale. Let's get this over with before...uh, before we run out of those OBLIVION energy drinks! Now. Without a doubt, there's one act that stole the show. Heart-stoppin', nail-bitin', pure heavy metal! Our winner is the one, the only...LORD RAPTOR!!!"

From where he'd landed, a spotlight fell atop the undead musician. "Come on up, mate, get your prize, fast!"

"Sorry, mates, were you sayin' something about my metal? Somethin' about... vulgar? Cuz, I couldn' hear you over the sound of me winning. He HE HAAAA HAHAHAHAHAH! AAAAALRIGHT!"

Raptor twisted his head in Tsubasa's direction, barely mustering any semblance of a reaction beyond a tirade of hysterical laughter and shrill, electrifying riffs across his guitar as he shreds the strings. His bony frame washed in spotlights, the rock-star bounded atop the stage with a running leap, twirling around on his clawed feet and flashing a wild-eyed grin to the lights.

He produced a microphone from seemingly nowhere, shoving it up to his jaws and practically screaming into the mic. The feedback sound was particularly unpleasant.

"I GOT NO ONE TO THANK BUT MYSELF, BABY! HEAR THAT METAL IN YOUR SOOOOUUUL AND SWEAR YOUR LOYALTY TO DA RAPTOOOOOOR, HAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAH!"

He glanced around the auditorium for a moment, then leaned back into the mic again.

"AND FUCK COPS!"

The undead musician cackled again, whipping his hand back like an elastic string before hurling the microphone into the stage and contorting his body around towards the 'manager'. "Now gimme that prize, cucumber!"

The manager actually clapped at Raptor's speech, lowering his voice to whisper. "Y'know, maybe we could do a collab at some point, mate...I'll have my people get in touch with yours an' all that..." But then he turned to the box of prizes before him, taking out a velvet blue box. Inside said box was a solid gold medallion with a skull on it.

Pirate-Medallion-Spinning-Gold-Skull.jpg

The item itself had a certain energy to it, humming within it low but strong. To Raptor in particular, however, it was...familiar, in a way, yet unfamiliar at the same time. Either way, just what that energy could be was indecipherable for the time being.

"You can ogle your goods offstage, mate. Gotta get this show on the road."

Raptor didn't seem to react to the manager's murmuring one way or the other, still high on his own ego as far as anyone else was concerned. Though, the undead rocker's grinning jaws seemed to falter slightly. He snatched the medallion out from the manager's grimy little green mitts, danging the skull-inscribed prize before his dim red eyes.

"... A shiny one, isn't she," he muttered to himself as if he was in a trance.

The rock star's brow furrowed, his teeth grinding against the other for a moment, but he seemed to be knocked out of his funk once the manager started ushering him off the stage. Raptor only responded with a sloppy salute, the undead lunging off the stage with a flexible flip before landing atop his usual seat.

"Heh, alright alright ALRIIIIGHT! GET THAT HYPE CRAWLING OUTTA THE GRAAAAAVE, MATES! WHOSE NEXT?!"

"I'm next! Got one last suprise for you lot..." Once Raptor was offstage, the manager grinned. "Awright, thank you all for comin' in tonight, listenin' to the acts, buyin' OBLIVION products, blah blah blah..." He kneeled down in front of the trunk, undoing a latch that let a second compartment open up. Anyone close enough would see gas canisters peeking up over the top of the trunk, while the manager placed a mask over his head. "Now then..." He turned to the audience, and the type of mask was revealed: a gas mask.

"Heh heh heh...Time for the grand finale."

"You got that right, you musty old fucker!"

Margaret's voice echoed out around the lounge, causing the manger to look around wildly. "Wha-no, w-w-wait! I just need one more minute!" He scrambled to the tanks, trying to turn one of them open.

"Murdoc Niccals..."

"That ain't my name! Never heard of a Murdoc in me life!"

"For the crime of kidnapping over a dozen innocent people..."

"Wait a minute! WAIT!!"

"The Reaper hereby sentences you..."

"Come on, come on, open! Why won't this bleedin' piece of shit open?!?!?"

"...to death."

And with that, the power went out, and everything went black. There was a moment of shock and murmuring coming from the audience, before everything cut out when a voice started singing.

"Reaper, Reaper, that's what people call me..."

It was Margaret's own voice, but this time hearing it made your blood freeze in your veins. Frozen, you could only sit or stand in shock, all while the noises of a struggle broke out onstage. The manager, a name named Murdoc apparently, could be heard crying out and swearing, while Margaret could be heard struggling, as well. A third voice joined in, one nobody recognized, and then there was the sound of footsteps running offstage. And just like that, the lights were on, and you suddenly felt yourself able to move again.

Mylar rushed back onstage. "Which one of you turned off the lights?! When you shut off the power that gives people supernatural abilities back and...huh? Who are you?!"

Murdoc and Margaret were nowhere to be seen, and instead stood a man in a leather jacket that hadn't been there before.

Hitoya-Manga.jpg

"The guy who's gonna make you rich," he said. "That goes for the rest of you, too. I'm suing that guy for everything he's got!"

"What is going on here?!"

"There'll be time to explain once we catch that son of a bitch," the man said. "Margaret couldn't have gotten far. Come on!" He motioned for you to follow him backstage. Whether you did or not, of course, was entirely up to you. As it so happened, as the lights came on, so did the house music system, playing a song that seemed to fit the sudden chaos a bit too well.

Cast List

@Gummi Bunnies as Calliope Mori [Hololive] and Neko Asakura [Cytus II]
@MaxIrvaron as Camille Ignacia Irvaron [Original Character]
@Space_Candy as Cassidy Embers [Original Character] and Kuko Harai [Hypnosis Mic]
@Lucky as Cooper Reid [Original Character] and Evan Hansen [Dear Evan Hansen]
@Sark as Dante [Devil May Cry] and Jyushi Aimono [Hypnosis Mic]
@Takumi as Gris [GRIS] and Meiji Gahata [Vocaloid]
@Yun Lee as Hitoya Amaguni [Hypnosis Mic] and Margaret Moonlight [No More Heroes]
@Crow as Inugami Korone [Hololive] and Uruha Rushia [Hololive]
@Crunch as Lord Raptor [Darkstalkers]
@Ver as Maria Cadenzavna Eve [Symphogear] and Tsubasa Kazanari [Symphogear]
@Override as Miku Hatsune [Vocaloid]
@Farewell as Mima Kirigoe [Perfect Blue] and Rin Kagamine [Vocaloid]
@mintyy as Nyubara Reona [BanG Dream!] and Oliver [Vocaloid]
@Minerva as Rise Kujikawa [Persona 4]
@Atomic Knight as Sarah Lynn [Bojack Horseman]
@Capri as Snufkin [Moomin] and Sweet Ann [Vocaloid]
@Jeremi as The Doctor [Doctor Who]​

"Finally!" The Doctor shouted in excitement. "Things are in motion. Movers and shakers are moving and shaking. Hello, I'm the Doctor." The Doctor followed and shook the hand of the man with the impressive pompadour. "Are we already running? That usually comes later. I'm not that big of a fan of the running I have to admit. That's why I usually save it for later."

@Yun Lee @Everyone

SNUFKIN & SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Override @Farewell @mintyy @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi

View attachment 8848
"Well done! Congratulations!" Ann cheered as the winners were announced.

In spite of this, it seemed that there was that tinge of fear every time one was announced. Raptor was someone who Ann didn't exactly know, but Maria was kind enough, and Cassidy was aloof. But they all won, they all deserved it, and she felt a little suspicious about Margaret's exclusion. She was one of the best of the night, according to Ann, and she felt bad for someone who she worked so closely with at the beginning.

Snufkin, meanwhile, really didn't care. It was no surprise that Dante hadn't won, he told the judges to go fuck themselves. Of course, Snufkin agreed with Dante on that end. A group with a leader is no group to be a part of at all.

Then the power went out, and the guy appeared on the stage.

Snufkin had a bad feeling about him. He looks like someone who wants to tell them what to do. Snufkin hates being told what to do.

"Just who the hell do you think you are, huh?" Snufkin berated, "Telling me what to do like that. I have no stake in this, I just wanna go home and fish! I don't wanna get rich! And who's Sue?"

Meanwhile, Ann picked up Oliver and ran up to the man on the stage.

"I have no clue what's going on. Please, tell me, what's happening?" Ann asked the man.​

View attachment 8860

"Just as I expected. At least the frivolities didn't last too long," Tsubasa said with a narrowed brow. Though it wasn't like she definitely say she saw everything that happened coming, she had practically spent all this time bracing herself for something strange to happen that would interrupt the festivities. The question on her mind was superseded by another question, with no answers in sight. But at least now, there was a chance to find those answers herself.

Though she was eager to get to the bottom of this plot, the blue-haired woman found herself mentally latching on to the memory of the so-called Reaper or Margaret or whoever she was condemning Murdoc to death. It almost all but confirmed her suspicion that Mylar and Murdoc weren't being truthful to the group, but with the urgent situation they all found themselves in, that would have to wait for later.

"Maria, come on! Let's get to the bottom of this!"

View attachment 8861

"Right behind you, Tsubasa! Let's go!" Maria nodded, echoing the same sentiments as Tsubasa. With that, the two idols began to follow the strange man from behind alongside the Doctor and others!

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Everybody

"Finally! I've been waiting for some goddamn action in here!" Camille agreed with the sentiment of the other two girls, punching her hand into her fist several times. Then, she too began to follow the group with a mile drawn along her face; it looked like... she was looking forward to it?

@Everybody​

"Then stay here," the man said, not giving Snufkin so much as a second glance. "I don't think you have any idea just how serious this is."

Though he'd accept The Doctor's handshake and be a bit more receptive of those asking for more information. "I'll keep it brief. My name's Hitoya Amaguni. I'm a lawyer, and the genius responsible for this broke into my office this morning. I don't remember much, but he decided to drag me to some seedy lounge in a trunk and lock me in that office. Margaret got me out when he locked her in there, and the two of us were able to figure out what was going on thanks to some paperwork he left laying around. Which we can worry about later, because evidence is useless if the man it incriminates isn't apprehended!"

"And just WHAT is going on?!" Mylar shrieked, at his wits' end. "What did that guy do to my beautiful lounge?!"

"Drug us all and drag us here against our wills," Hitoya replied. "This whole damn show is a scam. He'll tell us more once Margaret catches up to him, but she's gonna need backup." He wouldn't give the group time to fully process that yet, and instead led the group backstage, where no signs of Murdoc or Margaret could be seen. There could, however, be heard indistinct shouting from below a stairwell.

Mylar slapped his forehead and groaned. "The lost-and-found! That's where I told him to store all the weapons he brought in! Oough, I should've KNOWN that was a red flag!"

"God damn it..." At the top of the stairs, Hitoya looked back at the group. "This guy may be dangerous and using anything you all may have brought here. If you don't think you can handle that, go ahead and wait in the lounge for us to take him."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @MaxIrvaron

SNUFKIN & SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @MaxIrvaron @mintyy @EveryoneElse

“Alright, fine! I’ll just stay here, then!” Snufkin said.

He doesn’t know what’s gonna happen, and that’s something that he’s really happy about. That little bit of fear of not knowing what’s gonna happen, that’s a feeling he thrives on.

Meanwhile Ann spoke to Hitoya in a concerned voice.

“I’m... heading back down...” she said, “I have to keep my son safe,”

And with that, she returned to the lounge and waited, still cradling Oliver in her arms.​

"Then stay here," the man said, not giving Snufkin so much as a second glance. "I don't think you have any idea just how serious this is."

Though he'd accept The Doctor's handshake and be a bit more receptive of those asking for more information. "I'll keep it brief. My name's Hitoya Amaguni. I'm a lawyer, and the genius responsible for this broke into my office this morning. I don't remember much, but he decided to drag me to some seedy lounge in a trunk and lock me in that office. Margaret got me out when he locked her in there, and the two of us were able to figure out what was going on thanks to some paperwork he left laying around. Which we can worry about later, because evidence is useless if the man it incriminates isn't apprehended!"

"And just WHAT is going on?!" Mylar shrieked, at his wits' end. "What did that guy do to my beautiful lounge?!"

"Drug us all and drag us here against our wills," Hitoya replied. "This whole damn show is a scam. He'll tell us more once Margaret catches up to him, but she's gonna need backup." He wouldn't give the group time to fully process that yet, and instead led the group backstage, where no signs of Murdoc or Margaret could be seen. There could, however, be heard indistinct shouting from below a stairwell.

Mylar slapped his forehead and groaned. "The lost-and-found! That's where I told him to store all the weapons he brought in! Oough, I should've KNOWN that was a red flag!"

"God damn it..." At the top of the stairs, Hitoya looked back at the group. "This guy may be dangerous and using anything you all may have brought here. If you don't think you can handle that, go ahead and wait in the lounge for us to take him."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @MaxIrvaron

“That manager of ours is such a man of the people,” The Doctor remarked. “Of course it is a scam, but why is it a scam? That’s what we have to figure out.” He wasn’t sure if he wanted that Margaret girl to catch up to Murdoc before they did. The Doctor imagined there wouldn’t be much left for them to interrogate.

“Yes. Such a clever idea to store all your patron's weapons in one place,” The Doctor snarked. “That will surely never backfire.” To Hitoya the Doctor gave a quick glance before going up the stairs. “Mr. Green has some questions needed to answer. Let’s hope he has answers.”

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Capri @Ver @MaxIrvaron

❝ That explains... a whole lot about this event. Uh, I'm just going to... hang back I guess? ❞ Neko was at a loss for words with the sudden developments. If this was as serious and dangerous as Hitoya puts it to be, she wanted NO part in that.

❝ Okay, I'm convinced. Let's get this S.O.B. pronto. Nobody tricks this reaper and gets away with it scot-free. ❞ Calliope, on the other hand, was rearing to get going once the truth's been revealed to them about this whole "event."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Capri @Ver @MaxIrvaron
@Everyone

Back