The group was able to slip into the hallway with no further interruptions from Zed, and no interruptions at all until about halfway to the stairs. Shambling up from the stairwell were four zombies, the source of the groans heard before.

"I can't believe this..." Shaking his head, Hitoya gripped his bat. "Any of you with weapons, now's the time to use them!"

@Ver @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies

---

"Huh?" Dante provided enough of a distraction that Zed didn't land a blow onto Cassidy, after all. Instead, the zombie grinned. "Yeah, check out my moves...if you can even keep up!" Zed cackled, zig-zagging across the room in a red blur, before suddenly appearing before Dante and swinging his mic at the man's stomach!

@Sark @Space_Candy

---

Sarah Lynn's sudden force would send all three above the office tumbling down onto the desk, splitting it into pieces with a loud crash. Papers and food containers flew up into the air, landing on the ground in disarray. The trunk from earlier had its tape ripped off, and there seemed to be signs of a struggle even before they dropped in. The door to the office was busted open, and there were a few spare instruments laying about that hadn't been used for the show. And from further on outside, faint groaning could be heard...

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Capri

Upon hearing the groaning, Sarah Lynn shook her head. "Geez, was the set really that bad?"

She took a moment to look around the room for a moment but seemed to not take notice or care about the disarray. "Anyway... kind of looking to get out of here now, so..."

She went to leave the room.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri

View attachment 9284

"Unfortunately, I can't help you there. My weapons are linked to my Gear, so I'm afraid I'll be dead weight until we reach them," Tsubasa exclaimed to Hitoya, clicking her tongue as she took a step back away from the zombies.

"Surely, you wouldn't make the ladies put ourselves in danger?!" Maria said; though that was meant to be a light wisecrack, the dire circumstances and even her tone might have made it harder to tell than it ought to have been. Though Maria was no physical slouch, enjoying her fair share of boxing practice to keep in shape for both the sake of being an idol and a Gear user, the young woman knew well enough that taking on zombies with her bare hands wouldn't go over so well.

"What about you, Doctor? Anything useful in those deep pockets of yours?"

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

“Oh I’m sorry,” The Doctor remarked to Maria. “I wasn’t expecting a march of the undead at my doorstep today so I forgot to pack my anti-zombie spray.” This felt dubious at best. “If you’d ask me on any other day I could have easily taken care of it with a blast of my spray bottle! Of course, I don’t have anything for the zombies! I don’t even know what type of zombies they are! You’d be surprised to know what works and does on different things.”

He started to feel through his pockets. “Perhaps I have a salt shaker on me, then you can grab it from me and start feeding all of the wee buggers some salt so that they can dry up and drop like a bag of dirty rags.”

tdTPNxc.png

“On second thought don’t do that. I did promise that no one dies didn’t I?” He motioned towards the four zombies. “I mean what good are they anyway? Shambling about like that. Do you know what a zombie's biggest weakness is? A light jog. Have you seen me? I could get by them and I look like a prune with angry eyebrows.”

And so the Doctor did the most foolhardy thing he could think of. Tackling the zombie in the front hard enough to hopefully make it fall and topple the others.​

@Ver @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

The group was able to slip into the hallway with no further interruptions from Zed, and no interruptions at all until about halfway to the stairs. Shambling up from the stairwell were four zombies, the source of the groans heard before.

"I can't believe this..." Shaking his head, Hitoya gripped his bat. "Any of you with weapons, now's the time to use them!"

@Ver @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Gummi Bunnies

---

"Huh?" Dante provided enough of a distraction that Zed didn't land a blow onto Cassidy, after all. Instead, the zombie grinned. "Yeah, check out my moves...if you can even keep up!" Zed cackled, zig-zagging across the room in a red blur, before suddenly appearing before Dante and swinging his mic at the man's stomach!

@Sark @Space_Candy

---

Sarah Lynn's sudden force would send all three above the office tumbling down onto the desk, splitting it into pieces with a loud crash. Papers and food containers flew up into the air, landing on the ground in disarray. The trunk from earlier had its tape ripped off, and there seemed to be signs of a struggle even before they dropped in. The door to the office was busted open, and there were a few spare instruments laying about that hadn't been used for the show. And from further on outside, faint groaning could be heard...

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Capri

Upon hearing the groaning, Sarah Lynn shook her head. "Geez, was the set really that bad?"

She took a moment to look around the room for a moment but seemed to not take notice or care about the disarray. "Anyway... kind of looking to get out of here now, so..."

She went to leave the room.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Takumi

Snufkin silently followed Sarah Lynn out of the room, but he briefly paused, turning to look at Meiji with an expression that was hard to read.

He then quickly got out of there.​

"Hey wai--" Meiji had started when Sarah Lynn started shoving Snufkin down onto the grate, only to cause all three of them to go crashing down onto the desk.

Rolling her eyes, the robotic idol pushed herself to her feet and brushed herself off. Noticing Snufkin looking her way, she opened her mouth to say something, but he had already ran off after Sarah Lynn.

"Of course." She muttered, picking up her bat and glancing back up to the vent they fell out of for a moment. Trying to take one of the spare instruments, like a guitar, and strapping it to her back to keep as a backup blunt force weapon, Meiji to a quick look in the trunk to see if anything useful could be in there before moving to follow after Snufkin and Sarah Lynn if she found nothing in the trunk. She hoped the others in the vents were alright whether they had followed or not.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Capri

"Well, if you guys can't, then I'll just--" And then The Doctor tackled a zombie, which would send the Timelord and his opponent tumbling down the stairs but not do much else. Hitoya was actually at a loss for words at that, but luckily even the zombies seemed to be distracted, which gave the lawyer time to collect himself as he turned to the group.

"I'm going to let two of you borrow these on a temporary basis," he said, offering Kuko and Jyushi's Hypnosis Mics to them. "All you need to do is rap into these microphones while targeting the zombies. Fairly certain they still have a neural network. Never used these things on the goddamn undead before, but may as well set a precedent!"

This was said just as those from the office joined their group. "Any of you know how to rap, now's your chance to help us out! Share a mic if you have to, it's not like we have many options here!"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron

---

Meanwhile, The Doctor and the zombie landed in the basement, where a vent above had burst open and different kind of morbid groaning could be heard: Murdoc had managed to find his way in here. His back turned, he didn't notice either new arrival, as he was too busy muttering angrily to himself and pouring gasoline on a pile of explosive he'd gotten from Mylar's confiscation box.

@Jeremi

Well, not one of his greatest plans that’s for certain. Yet even this one allowed him to stand face to face with the rat that had given them a slip earlier.

So obviously it had been a brilliant plan all along! Nobody knew it, much less the Doctor himself. A quick mental count about his body to see if anything was broken he’d shove the undead creature away from him before moving stealthily as a Time Lord would.

Normally that is. As he got close to Murdoch he’d place his hand on his neck and point his finger like a gun into the green man’s back. “You were awfully hard to track down, Mr. Murdoch.” He shoved the ‘gun’ harder into his back. “I hope you could be nice and follow me out of here. There are some people I’d like you to meet.”

@Yun Lee

View attachment 9353

"R-Rapping?! Why, I never!" Tsubasa exclaimed incredulously despite the dire situation they all found themselves in, like an old-fashioned lady of centuries past. "Forgive my impertinence, but I'm accustomed to more courtly kinds of musi--!" She began to exclaim, before Maria's voice suddenly stopped her mid-sentence.

"You hide inside, you're not okay!"

Without missing a beat, Maria focused her mind into coming up with rhymes to sing out. It was far from her usual style of singing, but on the other hand, she was no stranger to fighting with the power of music, and if these microphones were able to hold over her until she and Tsubasa got their Gears back, then it was no matter at all.

"What if you remember more today?!"
"The phone keeps ringin', there's too much to say!"
"You tell them to go when you wish they would stay!"

She sang while her attention was solely focused on the zombies, hoping for the mics to do their thing so they could continue!

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron

Maria's lyrics knocked the zombies down, the creatures screeching and convulsing before their heads exploded into purple smoke. The smoke rushed out in all directions, giving the air an even more rotten stench than already present.

Hitoya covered his mouth and nose with his hand, recoiling from the smell before turning to Maria. "Not bad," he said. "These things can be pretty useful, once you get the hang of them. Now let's get down there before there's any more trouble."

---

"Ack!!" Murdoc seemed to fall for it, too frazzled to tell the difference between a finger and an actual gun. "L-Listen, mate! We don't act now, we're all gonna fry! At least this gives me-and, er, all of us a fightin' chance!"

As the group from above made their way down below, they would find themselves watching this strange interaction taking place before a pile of gasoline-covered explosives, as well as the zombie that had been taken down with The Doctor getting up and slowly lurching towards him...

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @ Atomic Knight @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron

"Oh yes, I'm sure you have taken all our safety to heart." The Doctor poked his finger again in his back. "There are different ways for us to get through this instead of causing more chaos! Now come on, up you go and we'll gonna do just that. Solve this without any more destruction." As this was going on the Doctor didn't notice the zombie getting up behind him.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron

View attachment 9416

"J-Jeez... Indeed, let's get a move on. The sooner I can get away from this stench, the better!" Maria nodded toward Hitoya, and with that, continued running forward toward her destination! The girl didn't consider herself a particularly squeamish person, considering what she faced as a Gear user every so often, but the sight of the zombies gruesomely exploding was enough to make her stomach turn. She hated the idea that these were once ordinary people, but the only thing she could do was reason to herself that this was a better fate than allowing them to continue existing as they were, as mindless zombies.

As Tsubasa moved forward, she looked regretfully back, before gritting her teeth. "Hang in there, Doctor...! We'll come back for you!" She exclaimed, before turning her gaze toward Maria.

"And you... Where did you learn such a song anyway? We never practiced anything like that together!"

"I learned it from TV! Now, let's get a move on!"

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron

"Alright, alright already! Bloody old geezer..." Murdoc grumbled, turning around...only to spot the zombie as it lurched right for the two.

WHACK!

The creature fell forward, its head crushed in. Standing above it was Hitoya, who gagged at the sight and smell. Gasoline and rotting flesh made for a devastatingly potent aroma.

"I don't even want to know what you two are up to," the lawyer snapped. "But we need to get this situation DE-escalated!" The electrical room was just ahead, and it was no problem at all shutting off the power. The entire building was now in a total blackout, and everyone now had their powers back. Anyone still in the dressing room would also find the door able to open.

It seemed to take Zed by surprise. "Hey! What the fuck! Who turned out the lights?!"

Hitoya pulled a cigarette lighter from his pocket, giving them a bit of light in the basement unless someone else could provide more. "Let's get back upstairs and take this son of a bitch out before he brings the house down!"

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override @Capri @mintyy

The Doctor gave Hitoya an approving nod at him handling the zombie. Though the effect was lost with them all standing in total darkness the Doctor proceeded to blow imaginary smoke out of his finger gun. "Now then, with that out of the way, and I hate to say this on principal, but I agree with the lawyer," The word 'lawyer' escaped his lips like a curse. "About time for us to solve this conundrum and the fellow that started it all." He looked at Murdoc before he started making his way to the front of the line to get even with Zed.

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override @Capri @mintyy

Seilien coffin Airgetlam tron.

Imyuteus Ame no Habakiri tron.

As the building was engulfed in darkness, two gentle whispers pierced through the air, almost as harshly as a blade. A fitting metaphor, given the weapons that the two idols were now able to use.

In the dark, Tsubasa's and Maria's very bodies seemed to flicker, flashing in bursts of penetrating white as their clothes were replaced with battle outfits, Tsubasa's adorned with a gleaming bright blue that matched her hair while Maria's was a sparkling silver as pure as the clouds in Heaven. With their Gears once more active, they were finally able to transform into the warriors they truly were. Whereas Tsubasa possessed a sword reminiscent of a classical katana, Maria was equipped with a silver rod with multiple wedges on it, seemingly meant to dislodge in the heat of battle.

View attachment 9445

"Much better," Tsubasa said with a hint of satisfaction in her tone, allowing a confident smile to grace her features just this once. "Shall we then, Maria?"

"Right behind you!" Maria nodded with a resolved smile, eager to put an end to the ghastly deeds being done here.

As the flower falls countless times at night, I ask myself the question
Ya-hai
Water flows downhill

But why do people alike act…heartlessly?

Where it was once a struggle just to navigate down the stairs between Zed and the zombies, the two women easily sped up the stairs, propelled by miniature jets on their new, metallic boots, easily knocking past any remaining, straggling zombies like runaway planes! As though their fighting spirit was powered by their singing, the halls practically echoed with the sound of Tsubasa singing, the accompanying music almost being able to be heard with those able to hear her voice.

Returning to the place where Zed and the others were the last time, the two Gear users intended to flank Zed from both sides, Maria standing on the flight of stairs nearest to him while Tsubasa gracefully balanced on the stair railings, pointing her katana right at him.

"To answer your vulgarly worded question, we did! Now we're on a more even playing field, I'd say!" Tsubasa exclaimed haughtily, poised and ready to strike at any given moment.

"More like the tables have turned entirely! So, I'll give you just this one chance to surrender, sir! I don't want to hurt you, but if you intend on resisting any more, we'll do what we have to!" Maria said, her words laced with resolve as she glared intently at Zed.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Everybody

Seilien coffin Airgetlam tron.

Imyuteus Ame no Habakiri tron.

As the building was engulfed in darkness, two gentle whispers pierced through the air, almost as harshly as a blade. A fitting metaphor, given the weapons that the two idols were now able to use.

In the dark, Tsubasa's and Maria's very bodies seemed to flicker, flashing in bursts of penetrating white as their clothes were replaced with battle outfits, Tsubasa's adorned with a gleaming bright blue that matched her hair while Maria's was a sparkling silver as pure as the clouds in Heaven. With their Gears once more active, they were finally able to transform into the warriors they truly were. Whereas Tsubasa possessed a sword reminiscent of a classical katana, Maria was equipped with a silver rod with multiple wedges on it, seemingly meant to dislodge in the heat of battle.

View attachment 9445

"Much better," Tsubasa said with a hint of satisfaction in her tone, allowing a confident smile to grace her features just this once. "Shall we then, Maria?"

"Right behind you!" Maria nodded with a resolved smile, eager to put an end to the ghastly deeds being done here.

As the flower falls countless times at night, I ask myself the question
Ya-hai
Water flows downhill

But why do people alike act…heartlessly?

Where it was once a struggle just to navigate down the stairs between Zed and the zombies, the two women easily sped up the stairs, propelled by miniature jets on their new, metallic boots, easily knocking past any remaining, straggling zombies like runaway planes! As though their fighting spirit was powered by their singing, the halls practically echoed with the sound of Tsubasa singing, the accompanying music almost being able to be heard with those able to hear her voice.

Returning to the place where Zed and the others were the last time, the two Gear users intended to flank Zed from both sides, Maria standing on the flight of stairs nearest to him while Tsubasa gracefully balanced on the stair railings, pointing her katana right at him.

"To answer your vulgarly worded question, we did! Now we're on a more even playing field, I'd say!" Tsubasa exclaimed haughtily, poised and ready to strike at any given moment.

"More like the tables have turned entirely! So, I'll give you just this one chance to surrender, sir! I don't want to hurt you, but if you intend on resisting any more, we'll do what we have to!" Maria said, her words laced with resolve as she glared intently at Zed.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Everybody

View attachment 9446

“...”

This is the most expression Snufkin has ever given so far, appreciate it.​

With the power in the building now off and the powers of those gathered returned, it took no time at all for the barricade to get built up. Rin provided light with her own body, the big white bow she wore working as a light source. "They built that in after the last time this happened," she said cheerfully.

Mima's eyes widened. "The...the last time?!"

"Yep! Though it was aliens then, and not zombies. But you see one, you've seen 'em all, you know?"

Meanwhile, onstage Zed grinned bitterly, glaring at those who returned from the basement. "You fuckin' posers think you're such hot shit, huh?! Couldn't hack it with the acoustics and needed your fancy shit! Well that's just fine! Here, I'll even give you the aux cord!"

Snapping his fingers, small red clouds appeared above the two gear users, as well as various parts of the stage and lounge. They began morphing into a solid form, which was giant pillars made up of large speakers. The speakers began crashing to the ground rapidly, attempting to crush anyone underneath.

"Let's dance, bitches!!"

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override @Capri @mintyy

SWEET ANN & SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @mintyy @Ver @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Crow @Crunch @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override

Grabbing Oliver, Ann moved to duck out of the way of Zed’s speakers, using her body to protect Oliver from the speaker if one were to fall onto them.

Snufkin, meanwhile, pulled out his microphone that he took and hopped across the sea of the lounge onto the stage.

There, he didn’t stop moving. He would just run and hop up on the walls, merely acting as a distraction to the brutish zombie.​

"Maria!"

View attachment 9470

"I see it, Tsubasa! You go on ahead!" The pink-haired Gear user exclaimed as she looked straight up to bear witness to Zed's red pillar, then she looked back at the others behind her, then back again up at the pillars. She exchanged a knowing glance with Tsubasa, giving a nod of understanding as if knowing precisely what to do from here, without needing to exchange a single word, and got to work.

With lightning-fast speed, Tsubasa dashed out of the way of the pillars while Maria stood her ground, outstretching her arms as though conjuring up something. Three pieces of her Gear flung off her body and gravitated right in front of her, all in sync with each other as Maria gritted her teeth.

"Everyone, if you can't get out of the way, then get behind me!" She cried out, before extending her arm out defiantly.

Energy Shield!

As self-explanatory as its name, the three pieces of her Gear floated into a triangular formation, before a barrier of pure energy materialized right in front of her, the young woman hoping that her defense would be strong enough to withstand the coming attack!

Meanwhile, Tsubasa continued singing her heart out, the power of her music continuously powering her Gear as she prepared her own sidebound assault upon Zed!

Fading away from this world (helplessly) the pinnacle of helplessness (tears disappear)
No… Even cries of sorrow can become a blade of judgement
Even if my body is ripped apart, I'll put my wishes into this blade

I will protect at any cost

View attachment 9471

"If you wish for the full brunt of my music, then I am more than happy to oblige, but I fear I'll bring you to tears before long!" She exclaimed, before blue streaks of lightning began to spark from her sword. She'd seldom used her weapon against another human being before, but as it stood, this man posed more of a threat to everyone right now than any Noise could back home, so she had to make a judgment call.

Blue Flash!

With that, she dashed straight toward Zed at blinding speeds! With the power of lightning surging through her blade, Tsubasa swung diagonally right toward him!

@Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Everybody

Back