SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @Takumi @Space_Candy @Lucky @Below Deck

"Well, that's not really true..." Sweet Ann spoke to Cooper, pulling out a baseball bat she got after following Margaret's advice, "I got a baseball bat from one of those crates,"

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

"I'd like to go home," Snufkin said to Margaret, "I'm not really up for another adventure, especially one involving this guy. Besides, isn't that guy already gonna do something? You know, the guy I stole this from?"

He pulled out the hypnosis mic from under his shirt.

"I don't know how this thing works, but I could probably smack someone over the head with this,"

"Glad you two managed to stay out of the thick of it, then." Hitoya appeared ready to say more, but then a few drop of rain landed on his shoulder. "Just my luck...how about we head belowdeck? I don't wanna mess my hair up, and if Jyushi woke up soaked we wouldn't hear the end of it."

@Space_Candy @Deck

---

Gris would open the box to find them filled with microphones. Handheld and rather plain in design, they looked just like the ones Hitoya and Maria had used to fight back in Mylar's. Why Murdoc had crates of them was anyone's guess.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @BelowDeck

---

"Oh for the love of...we can't ALL cram ourselves in here!" Murdoc thrashed his arms around him. "If you can't give me elbow room, then get out and let me fly the bloody thing in peace! And YOU TWO!!" Mirdoc angrily pointed at Cassidy and the Doctor. "Pipe down! You're on thin ice, the both of you!"

"Says the man who kidnapped us and brought us here in the first place," Margaret commented.

And then Meiji walked in with her news, and the bassist groaned, slapping his hand on his forehead and letting it slide down off his face. "Startin' to think bein' in debt was better than this...alright! We are takin' off, NOW!"

@Jeremi @Space_Candy @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

---

Murdox pressed some buttons on the console, and the entire group would feel the ship come to life, propellers spinning as Murdoc spoke into the ship's P.A.

"Listen up! We're takin' everybody home one by one, and we start with the Doctor! I suggest gettin' below deck since it's startin' to rain, and I ain't liable for you gettin' soaked! Now, let me just put on some music, and then you can just sit back and relax until we get to your home world." As he finished talking, the trickling raindrops above deck would turn into full-on rain, and music would play on the PA system all over the ship. Finally, you were on your way home.

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override @Capri

Fortunately the auto-pilot meant that Raptor's buttonmashing wouldn't interefere with the flight, but it certainly did interfere with their pilot's already nonexistent patience. Murdoc merely grumbled to himself, gibberish that was no doubt somr obscure curses, and turned the music up as loudly as he could in order to drown everyone out.

"Oh no, it appears we've criticised him too much," Margaret said sarcastically, taking a seat for herself. "I don't think any of us plan on going home until we know you've paid for what you've done, so we may as well start by dropping off some of the children?" She looked around. "Unless any of you would like to go home."

@Jeremi @Crunch @Space_Candy @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Lucky

---

As Bad Ass Temple made their way belowdeck, the rain outside began to pick up, hard enough that the downpour could be heard even with how loud the music was. Hitoya groaned and covered his ears. "There's two things I hate," he started. "First, radio music that's playing way too loud. And second...hm?" He looked over at Gris. "What's in the crates?"

@Space_Candy @Takumi

Evan Hansen

Evan was not good at coping with large groups of people. He hadn't exactly planned to be in such an enclosed space for such a short time. He had just meant to see what was going on. There was too much.... just too much. "When you're falling in a forest,and there's nobody around, do you ever really crash or even make a sound? When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around, do you ever really crash or even make a sound?" Evan sang lowly under his breath, trying to get himself calmer. It didn't work and the panic rose in his body. Too much... too much. " DId I even make a sound.... did I even make a sound? It's like I never made a sound. Will I ever make a sound? He was visibly shaking.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Space_Candy @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Yun Lee

Cooper Reid

"From what I have seen, microphones are the only thing."

@Takumi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Below Deck

"Lots of microphones." Gris agreed with Cooper, pulling one out from in the crate to look it over. she glanced up at the ceiling above them at both the sound of the music as well as how hard the rain was hitting the deck.

"Wonder why?" She asked aloud, rather confused as she took a moment to look back down at the microphone in her hands, pressing the button on the mic to see if it would even come on.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri @Space_Candy @Below Deck

SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @Takumi @Space_Candy @Lucky @Below Deck

"Well, that's not really true..." Sweet Ann spoke to Cooper, pulling out a baseball bat she got after following Margaret's advice, "I got a baseball bat from one of those crates,"

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

"I'd like to go home," Snufkin said to Margaret, "I'm not really up for another adventure, especially one involving this guy. Besides, isn't that guy already gonna do something? You know, the guy I stole this from?"

He pulled out the hypnosis mic from under his shirt.

"I don't know how this thing works, but I could probably smack someone over the head with this,"

"You mean the lawyer, yeah?" Meiji spoke up to Snufkin, looking to him as she did so. When he brought up not knowing how the mic worked she pointed to it.

"Well, you just press the button on it to turn it on and sing or rap into it right? That's how regular mics work." She explained, remembering that Hitoya mentioned something about it being different when the group were forced to face Zed.

"I guess it could be used as a blunt force weapon but I think he'd want his mic back before you get sent back home." She added.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Jeremi @Navigation

"Keep that mic on you, will ya? It's bad enough this room's already so cramped...I don't want his ugly mug 'round here, too! Just give it back when we get to their world." Murdoc input new coordinates into the autopilot, and the ship continued to ascend up into the sky. The distant sound of thunder could be heard outside.

"That's right...I almost forgot there's some third party involved." Margaret furrowed her brow in thought. "I still have no clue what any of us have to do with this all. I mean, all I can conclude is that we all have some sort of relation to music...at least, I think we do " She gave Snufkin a sideways glance at that last part before continuing. "But if we can leave this world, maybe it was just an isolated incident?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Space_Candy @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Ver

---

Rin shook her head. "The baseball bat came from Mylar's high-tech business box, right?" She asked her fellow Vocaloid. "These are regular wooden ones." Indeed, the only thing in the crates were microphones.

Hitoya's eyes widened as he saw the mics, immediately recognizing them. "Gris, wait--" but as she pressed the button, she would hear a beeping noise, right before a change happened around her. Hitoya would pull Cooper out of the way as a giant object would appear right behind Gris, and the microphone in her hands would change form, as well.

"Damn it! That bastard...he stole knockoff Hypnosis Mics when he kidnapped us! Turn that damn thing off, you'll hurt someone if you don't know how it works!"

@Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy @Capri

(GM Note: Hypnosis Mics generate a giant speaker when activated, as well as taking on a change in the mic's appearance. These changes reflect the user's personality/history/interests, so feel free to get creative with your design if you activate a mic! You can always use the mic without activating it, as well.)​

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Ver

“I assume you must be correct,” Snufkin said to Margaret, pulling out his harmonica, “Although I’m not entirely sure why little old me would be chosen for this, I take great lengths to keep myself unknown,”

Snufkin played a rather impressive riff on the traveler’s instrument, before putting it away.

“This, on the other hand,” Snufkin turned his attention to the hypnosis mic, “Well it’s interesting. If I were to take this home the Snork would be all over this,”

He switched the microphone on, albeit accidentally, and tried to take a closer look at the object with his limited knowledge.

SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy

“These microphones,” Sweet Ann said, picking a hypnosis mic up, “What makes these things special?”

"Keep that mic on you, will ya? It's bad enough this room's already so cramped...I don't want his ugly mug 'round here, too! Just give it back when we get to their world." Murdoc input new coordinates into the autopilot, and the ship continued to ascend up into the sky. The distant sound of thunder could be heard outside.

"That's right...I almost forgot there's some third party involved." Margaret furrowed her brow in thought. "I still have no clue what any of us have to do with this all. I mean, all I can conclude is that we all have some sort of relation to music...at least, I think we do " She gave Snufkin a sideways glance at that last part before continuing. "But if we can leave this world, maybe it was just an isolated incident?"

---

Rin shook her head. "The baseball bat came from Mylar's high-tech business box, right?" She asked her fellow Vocaloid. "These are regular wooden ones." Indeed, the only thing in the crates were microphones.

Hitoya's eyes widened as he saw the mics, immediately recognizing them. "Gris, wait--" but as she pressed the button, she would hear a beeping noise, right before a change happened around her. Hitoya would pull Cooper out of the way as a giant object would appear right behind Gris, and the microphone in her hands would change form, as well.

"Damn it! That bastard...he stole knockoff Hypnosis Mics when he kidnapped us! Turn that damn thing off, you'll hurt someone if you don't know how it works!"

(GM Note: Hypnosis Mics generate a giant speaker when activated, as well as taking on a change in the mic's appearance. These changes reflect the user's personality/history/interests, so feel free to get creative with your design if you activate a mic! You can always use the mic without activating it, as well.)​

SNUFKIN

“I assume you must be correct,” Snufkin said to Margaret, pulling out his harmonica, “Although I’m not entirely sure why little old me would be chosen for this, I take great lengths to keep myself unknown,”

Snufkin played a rather impressive riff on the traveler’s instrument, before putting it away.

“This, on the other hand,” Snufkin turned his attention to the hypnosis mic, “Well it’s interesting. If I were to take this home the Snork would be all over this,”

He switched the microphone on, albeit accidentally, and tried to take a closer look at the object with his limited knowledge.

SWEET ANN

“These microphones,” Sweet Ann said, picking a hypnosis mic up, “What makes these things special?”

"!!" Gris gasped in surprise as she heard a thunk behind her upon turning on the mic. Turning her head she stared right at a rather familiar face.

A stone statue, poised as if it were a woman laying in her deathbed at peace with long wavy hair framing her face. Her eyes were open and blank, and along her back were soft red butterfly wings outstretched. On the center of her chest was a large circular speaker, with two smaller circular ones on each wing.

On Gris' mic was a black bird, it's wings outstretched in flight as it stared down menacingly, while the mic itself had soft colors to it, appearing almost like a sunset to the girl. She glanced back at the speaker itself again. Staring quietly at blank eyes until she couldn't bring herself to anymore.

Click.

She turned off the mic per Hitoya's request, blue eyes cast downwards as she held the item to her chest. The way he had said it hadn't hurt her feelings in anyway, it was the face she had stared at that hurt. It was familiar, in a painful way. Also in a confusing way, because while it was familiar it was also different.

She frowned down at the microphone in her hands in her confusion, before glancing up at Hitoya.

"Knockoff? I don't understand." She had never seen something quite like this, but wanted to understand it. Like some form of puzzle.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Space_Candy @Below Deck

View attachment 9680

"Yes, as much as I'd like to return home as soon as possible, I must agree with the Doctor. I could not simply return to my own devices knowing that there was something I could have done to help someone, to put evil in its place, in all good conscience," Tsubasa said firmly with a stern, furrowed brow.

To that, Maria let out a soft, good-natured chuckle. "It looks like our minds are in sync with each other, even when we're not singing together, Tsubasa. I was just thinking the same thing," she concurred, folding her arms. "I suppose that means that you'll have to put up with the two of us for just a bit longer, Doctor," the pink-haired woman added cheekily.

"Hmph. I'm relieved that you thought the same thing, Maria. I'd wondered if this might have constituted butting our noses where they didn't belong, but I suppose it would have been difficult to face our friends back home if we turned our backs on something like this," Tsubasa responded to her friend, continuing to speak formally as she always did despite being unable to fully outwardly convey her feelings of warmth.

"Aha, well, I'd follow you anywhere, Tsubasa," Maria merely responded, rubbing her head idly. "Even across different worlds from the sounds of it."

Tsubasa said nothing in response, only looking away as though to hide what looked like a light flush of pink on her cheeks.

Maria maintained a light-hearted smile for another moment, until letting it revert to a more serious look as she crossed her arms behind her back, glancing toward Margaret. "An isolated incident... Well, we can only hope. But if this third party can orchestrate something like that concert on such a grand scale, either way we can't let someone with that kind of power continue to go unchecked. To say nothing of the undesirables they pick up along the way..." She continued, glancing at Murdoc for a momet.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Space_Candy @Capri @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies

“Although,” The Doctor remarked to when Tsubasa and Maria were talking. “Looking up my TARDIS is not a bad idea we need everything in our arsenal to figure it out and the old lady is an armory of knowledge by herself!” Or perhaps it was best to leave it be. Knowing him the TARDIS wasn’t there where he had left it. “Anyway yes! Music! I don’t want to brag, well actually I do but that’s what you usually say right? I’m quite the fiend with a guitar. You know I once played with Jimmy Hendrix? Taught him that thing with playing with your teeth. True story.” It probably wasn’t.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Space_Candy @Capri @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies

To answer Ann's question, Hitoya gestured to Gris. "When you activate these mics, they take on a form that allows you to deal psychological damage through spoken lyrics. They're extremely dangerous to the point where only people with government clearing can use them, so people make knockoffs to use illegally. My guess is that our host decided to try and smuggle some out of my own world to make a quick buck." The lawyer shook his head. "Guess we can add smuggling to the list of charges."

---

As Snufkin turned his mic on, a speaker would appear behind him, as well as the mic changing a form. This action would cause the already cramped navigation room to become even more uncomfortable, as it got to the point where no one had any elbow room.

"Turn that thing off!" Margaret shouted at Snufkin.

"ACK!!" Murdoc cried out, the speaker making him faceplant into the control panel. "Grr...I've had it!!" He pointed at Snufkin, his teeth gnashing. "You've been a pain in my arse ever since you woke up! You've lost the privilege of being in my presence for the rest of this trip!" Grabbing him by the ear, Murdoc would toss Snufkin out of the navigation room, which would cause the mic and speaker to head out with him. A click let him know that Murdoc had locked the door behind him. "None of the rest of you had better cause me any more trouble!"

Now out on the deck in the middle of a storm, Snufkin would notice something...off. a large grouping of purple clouds was off in the distance, and they were getting closer...

SWEET ANN

“The government... huh...” Ann muttered to herself, twisting the microphone around in her hand, “What would they even be used for? Interrogation?”

SNUFKIN

The changed microphone had a handle that looked rather wooden, with embroiderings of fish and Moomin etched on the side.

Surrounding the area where the handle met the head of the microphone were twigs that surrounded the head, curling backwards into the open air and curling back inwards to make the ends reach for the head.

At the exact point the head began was a green piece of fabric tied to the microphone. Below the green fabric the twigs continued, curling around the handle in a figure-8 pattern.

He turned to the speaker, however the thing got outside was a mystery to him, but he sat upon the speaker and merely stared at the purple clouds. Admiring them, taking them in...

Life’s at it’s best when you have no clue what to expect next.

“I never felt it was a privilege to be around you,” Snufkin spoke nonchalantly into the mic, “After all, you did kidnap me... and threaten my friends with death. But I’ll still tell you, the storms brewing. The clouds are purple and all you have to do is look outside,”

"More like conflict resolution," Hitoya replied. "Between you and me, though, it's not the best at that, either. These mics were supposed to replace all weapons after the third world war, but something tells me the government has something bigger brewing." He was about to say more, but Snufkin's own mic use could be heard through the entire ship. "Damn it...that short guy didn't give Kuko's mic back! Oi!" Hitoya nudged his division leader. "We need to get that back before he does some damage!"

Meanwhile, in the navigation room, Murdoc rolled his eyes and opened the door. "You better have a good reason for this!" But the reason soon made itself apparent the further the group ascended. Above the stormclouds purple clouds covered the sky like a thick, hazy ceiling, impossible to see through. And the higher the ship got, the worse everything smelled. That same rotten stench from Mylar's was amplified tenfold, making Murdoc actually gag as he opened the door. "What the bloody hell is this?!"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Ow!" Margaret covered her ears as a shrill beeping sounded from the control panel. Buttons were flashing red, and where the coordinates had once been on the screen was now an error message: ERROR. UNIDENTIFIED REALM. CANNOT PROCEED WITH MULTIVERSAL TRAVEL.

And just like that, the ship stopped moving, merely hovering in the disgusting purple haze. It was at this point that the stench would reach everyone, even those below deck. It started to make Margaret's eyes water. "We have to get out of here!" She yelled at the bassist. "I can barely breathe with this smell!"

"Oh, suck it up!" Murdoc stormed back into the room, starting to tinker with the control panel. "I'm not wastin' another minute in this sorry excuse for a planet! Just let me figure this out!"

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override @Capri

Cooper Reid

" Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I think we might want to see what is causing this smell. Maybe it's friendly, but I doubt it,"
he replied, heading up to see if he could see the cause of this mess. He would also take a mic with him up.

@Yun Lee @Above

Evan Hansen

" I think we don't have much of a choice of getting out of here. Maybe if there was some way to get out of the stench , we can travel. It doesn't look like it's a person, so maybe if we can find something to.... maybe something like loud music."

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Override @Capri

Cassidy rolled her eyes at Snufkin's antics, before looking over to the two girls stood a few feet away from her- they clearly had something going on, it gave her a warm feeling in her chest. She gave them a smile but, was interrupted as a speaker crash next to them, this caused her to bump into a very disgruntled Murdoc, who angrily threw the small man out. Before returning to her side, she hadn't been this close to him before, she was slightly taller than him, he somehow did- and didn't look his age. As she breathed in, she smelt him- his scent strongly smelt of mothballs, mildew, and cheap cologne.

She smirked at him, her hazel eyes flickered up to where he was standing.

"You stink," But the scent that soon came was far worse. She choked back a gag, pulling the flannel tied around her waist to her nose in an attempt to stifle the stench gripping the seam of Murdoc's shirt, and looking over to Margaret- looking at her in solidarity.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Takumi
-----------------------------------------

Kuko listened to Hitoya explain boredly, growing annoyed at the new information of this con-artist's counterfeit mics; if some idiot got ahold of one of them, it could be catastrophic.

Speaking of-

He heard someone loud and clear of one of said mics, he was then nudged by the older man causing him to grimace, because not only did Hitoya give someone else his mic, they didn't give it back. He stomped angrily behind Hitoya as they pursued the little gremlin who stole his property. As soon as his eyes landed on the culprit he cornered him.

View attachment 9695

"あなたはマザーファッカーです、それを返します!!! Now!" He hissed before coughing at the rotten plume of purple smoke that engulfed the ship and assaulted his nose. He grabbed Hitoya's wrist in an attempt to not lose the track of his eldest member.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Sark

"More like conflict resolution," Hitoya replied. "Between you and me, though, it's not the best at that, either. These mics were supposed to replace all weapons after the third world war, but something tells me the government has something bigger brewing." He was about to say more, but Snufkin's own mic use could be heard through the entire ship. "Damn it...that short guy didn't give Kuko's mic back! Oi!" Hitoya nudged his division leader. "We need to get that back before he does some damage!"

Meanwhile, in the navigation room, Murdoc rolled his eyes and opened the door. "You better have a good reason for this!" But the reason soon made itself apparent the further the group ascended. Above the stormclouds purple clouds covered the sky like a thick, hazy ceiling, impossible to see through. And the higher the ship got, the worse everything smelled. That same rotten stench from Mylar's was amplified tenfold, making Murdoc actually gag as he opened the door. "What the bloody hell is this?!"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Ow!" Margaret covered her ears as a shrill beeping sounded from the control panel. Buttons were flashing red, and where the coordinates had once been on the screen was now an error message: ERROR. UNIDENTIFIED REALM. CANNOT PROCEED WITH MULTIVERSAL TRAVEL.

And just like that, the ship stopped moving, merely hovering in the disgusting purple haze. It was at this point that the stench would reach everyone, even those below deck. It started to make Margaret's eyes water. "We have to get out of here!" She yelled at the bassist. "I can barely breathe with this smell!"

"Oh, suck it up!" Murdoc stormed back into the room, starting to tinker with the control panel. "I'm not wastin' another minute in this sorry excuse for a planet! Just let me figure this out!"

Cassidy rolled her eyes at Snufkin's antics, before looking over to the two girls stood a few feet away from her- they clearly had something going on, it gave her a warm feeling in her chest. She gave them a smile but, was interrupted as a speaker crash next to them, this caused her to bump into a very disgruntled Murdoc, who angrily threw the small man out. Before returning to her side, she hadn't been this close to him before, she was slightly taller than him, he somehow did- and didn't look his age. As she breathed in, she smelt him- his scent strongly smelt of mothballs, mildew, and cheap cologne.

She smirked at him, her hazel eyes flickered up to where he was standing.

"You stink," But the scent that soon came was far worse. She choked back a gag, pulling the flannel tied around her waist to her nose in an attempt to stifle the stench gripping the seam of Murdoc's shirt, and looking over to Margaret- looking at her in solidarity.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Takumi
-----------------------------------------

Kuko listened to Hitoya explain boredly, growing annoyed at the new information of this con-artist's counterfeit mics; if some idiot got ahold of one of them, it could be catastrophic.

Speaking of-

He heard someone loud and clear of one of said mics, he was then nudged by the older man causing him to grimace, because not only did Hitoya give someone else his mic, they didn't give it back. He stomped angrily behind Hitoya as they pursued the little gremlin who stole his property. As soon as his eyes landed on the culprit he cornered him.

View attachment 9695

"あなたはマザーファッカーです、それを返します!!! Now!" He hissed before coughing at the rotten plume of purple smoke that engulfed the ship and assaulted his nose. He grabbed Hitoya's wrist in an attempt to not lose the track of his eldest member.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Sark

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override

"Old man!" Snufkin shouted into the mic at the Doctor from atop the speaker, "Just let the guy do what he needs to do! You're gonna be the reason we'll get trapped, old man!"

He completely ignored Kuko, as men who look like that usually are gigantic assholes like Stinky from back home.

Also, Japanese was gibberish to the mumrik.​

Meiji snorted as Cassidy told Murdoc he smelled bad, before the utau as well as the others ended up in some kind of gross fog. As the Doctor and Murdoc fiddled with the controls the idol frowned.

"You guys just be careful, yeah?" The last thing she wanted for someone to knock into them or anyone else and break something. The console itself looked kind of dusty.

@Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Navigation

After placing her own mic into her cloak along with the knives she'd gotten at Mylar's, Gris had followed those heading up, doing her best not to let the gross purple smog get to her. Seeing as Snufkin ignored Kuko, she moved closer to get the green clad man's attention.

"He wants his mic back. Please return it?" She spoke up, taking a guess at Kuko's words given how upset he had seemed when Hitoya told him his mic was in someone else's hands. Given what Hitoya had told them about the mics, she didn't want anyone to get hurt. She also didn't want the two to fight over it or argue either.

@Space_Candy @Capri @Yun Lee @Lucky @Sark

View attachment 9698

"Unidentified realm... That doesn't bode very well for us, does it? It almost looks more as though we are in between worlds to me," Tsubasa commented as the vessel came to an abrupt stop, eyes narrowed and guarded as always.

She gave Murdoc a side-long glance, but said nothing. There was no need to waste her breath on someone like him, but he did have a bit of a point; she too had no desire to remain in this aimless purgatory. Though she gave no outward sign, Tsubasa was indeed struck by the turgid smell that permeated the room.

View attachment 9699

"You sound like you have firsthand experience with that, Doctor," Maria said with a narrowed brow, before giving in to the urge to cover her nose with her hand in an attempt to block off the stench. "Still, shouldn't we do as Margaret says and hightail it out of here? How can you even stand that stench?!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Navigation

“What’s that? Jeering from the peanut gallery?” The Doctor briefly turned out from where he was tinkering to get a look at Snufkin. “Unless you have anything constructive to say shut it and let the grown-ups, ergo, me, do my work in peace. I’m sure you can find someone else to annoy with your pointless remarks.” He turned back to his part of the console. “Old man,” He muttered. “I’m only two millennia.”

“What, being flung into the sun?”
He asked nonchalantly. “Any good explorer worth their salt is flung into the sun a time or two. As for this horrible stench,” He grinned. “The secret is to breathe through your mouth.” Maria could tell however that he was just trying to cheer the mood. His eyes were watering and he was holding off from wretching when he said that.

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Navigation

The attempts of Murdoc and The Doctor to try and override the error were in vain, as the ship refused to move anywhere but back down below the stormclouds. Meanwhile, the smell had no chance of lightening up, and continued to be so pungent that there was no chance of getting used to it. And Snufkin's yelling from outside didn't help. "GrrrrRRRAUGH!!!!!" Murdoc finally snapped, the smell, jeering, and failure to get things moving finally getting to him. In a rage, he slammed his fists down repeatedly on the controls, finally grabbing the wheel and forcing the plane to head back down. "FINE! We'll figure this bloody thing out on the ground!"

Meanwhile, Hitoya didn't have much choice but to follow Kuko as he was practically dragged upstairs. "Damn it...Ku--kough!!" The lawyer coughed as the rotten stench reached him, and he tried to cover his nose and mouth with his hand. "What the hell is this?!"

Just then, the ship began to descend, and the door flew open, Murdoc yanking the mic out of Snufkin's hand and turning it off. "One more bloody peep out of you," he roared, barely aubible as the ship returned to the lightning storm below the clouds, "And I throw you overboard!"

"Yeah, add murder to your list of charges!" Hitoya yelled back at the bassist, recovering as the smell of the storm overpowered the previous smell. "May as well break the record for most felonies committed in one night!"

"You shut up, too!" Murdoc gripped the mic tightly, his fury bow directed at the lawyer. "I should've knocked you out harder and kept you down this entire time! I oughta..." His eyes veered down into his hand, where he held Kuko's mic, and a crooked grin forming on his face. "You know what...I oughta shut you up for good, here and now!"

Hitoya scoffed in disbelief. "You don't seriously think you can take me on, do you? You don't know shit about rap battling!"

"I've spent YEARS workin' with the finest rappers all over the world! And if it means kickin' your arrogant attorney arse, then it's gotta be worth a try!" Murdoc pressed the button on the mic, and it changed form for the bassist. Transforming into a floor mic, it took the form of long black scepter with a demonic golden head as the mic itself, and behind him his speaker took the form of a massive, grotesque gargoyle, who shared the same head as his mic.

View attachment 9706

"Come on, lawman! Show me what you got!!"

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." Shaking his head, Hitoya pressed the button on his own mic. His changed into a handheld one, in the form of a pair of scales. Oddly, his speakers took form underneath him, transforming into a motorcycle.

View attachment 9707

"Alright, you son of a bitch! I've wanted an excuse to shut you up for good! Get ready to get your mic back, Kuko, this won't take long!"

"Are you kidding me right now?!" From inside the navigation room, Margaret watched the two men in disbelief. "A rap battle NOW?! Ugh, this is pointless!" She closed the door to the room, trying to drown out the noise from the storm and battle. Fortunately, the stench had vanished as they'd all left the purple haze, so she and everyone else could focus on getting out of here...or at least trying to. "Doctor, please help me get this ship back down on the ground!"

Turning to the control panel, though, would reveal another message. ERROR: UNIDENTIFIED AIRCRAFT APPROACHING. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

"Oh, what now?" The Reaper groaned, but would quickly get her answer. On the screen flashed an image of another airship slowly flying in the storm.

View attachment 9708

And the audio would pick up the sound of drums, loud enough to sound over the thunder. Eventually, they could even hear...singing?

On the ship's radar, a red dot appeared, slowly growing closer. "They're coming this way," Margaret said. "Judging by our luck tonight, I get the feeling they won't be friendly, either. This must have been a trap we've wandered into... We need to get those two to stop acting like children and try to get out of here!"

Kuko looked up to see a green man- presumably, Murdoc, take his mic from the gremlin. His small moment of relief t of having his Hypnosis Mic returned, was cut short as Murdoc moved to challenge his teammate.

Are you stupid?

He didn't want to stop them, he wanted Hitoya to put the slime in his place- and join in once he had his Hypnosis Mic back.

"Kick his ass!" The leader grinned.

I can't wait to see this.

---------------------------------------

Cassidy moved her hand from Murdoc when he left, opting to gently hold Margaret's shoulder giving her a look of understanding- sensing her panic. She then moved through the door before the other woman closed it, picking up a pebble from the floor and throwing it at Murdoc, trying to get his attention.

"Hello? We have other problems here!"

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Override @Capri

“Bah let them deal with whatever it is they are doing,” The Doctor waved Margaret’s concerns off. “You have me! The Doctor has come to call.”

He groaned and looked over to Murdoc and Hitoya. “Or perhaps someone tries to deal with that and I deal with this.”

Before he went back to work he looked at the red dot. “I have to say I am quite curious to know who are so eager to sit down and chat with us. Is it a pure accident or was this all by design?” He started tinkering again. “If we’re lucky we’ll not have to find out.”

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Override @Capri

Back