Royalty/Historical RPs

Strawberry

Who likes them? I haven't seen anything like them in the epic roleplay forums.

To me, a beautiful backdrop to RP on is so inspiring and fun. The past, intrigue, history, beautiful ball gowns and palaces, a strict hierarchy... It's exciting to me.

How about you?

I have never tried historical before so I really couldn't tell but I did try one that was happening in a fantasy world where the characters were immortals from four different empires (the four elements) and the main characters were either the empires ruling family or their protectors. It was really fun and I loved it.

Never really done anything like that to be honest. I think it would require a lot of research into that time period to successfully pull it off.

I actually like royalty/nobility RPs. I guess you could say that the political aspect of it is what I find extremely interesting, having to either win over the public or the court, needing to win favours from politicians/nobles to get something, the duties and sacrifices involved. And I like it even more if there's foreign politics involved, especially when it comes to the ehem arranged marriages (sue me, I like those too). How do the characters feel in a new setting, having to relearn a certain manner of living while not showing any sign of struggle unless they want them dirty politicians and nobles jumping in on that?

Historical RPs are a bit harder to pull off, since as cr0w said, the amount of research for the RP to be accurate enough would be quite a lot. I'm not too fond of doing them for that reason, because I feel it won't be accurate enough. That and because real people are involved and I tend to stay the heck away from that.

I love writing in historical settings. I enjoy playing OCs in ASOIAF settings (divergence or canon) or even in medieval fantasy settings. Creating worlds based on real historical things is really fun and even though there's a lot of research involved at times, I think that's a big part of the hype. I simply love it!

Back