Rune Wars (OOC)

Norwaven

Deific Reality
Rune Magic

Runes are of ancient magic long lost to the world. Relics of rune magic still exist throughout the world, however, most of it is dormant. Rune magic was considered extraordinarily powerful. Many items were crafted utilizing Runes and with these items, the world was nearly destroyed. The power was so devastating even those who practiced it sought to make it forbidden and destroy all the items created with Rune Magic. The task proved to be impossible not even Rune Magic could destroy all of them. Remnants of Rune Magic still exists today. Time took its course and items crafted with Rune Magic either lost their powers or were simply lost.

Introduction
Recently Rune Magic has reemerged granting those who obtain them supernatural powers and abilities. Worst monsters of the world have obtained it. A goblin single-handedly took out one of the great city nations with it. Most believe the goblin simply found a relic of the ancient magic and somehow activated it. There are a few who believe the goblin actually learned the ancient art. Survivors mentioned the monster claimed it had a master who granted its supernatural powers.

The King of Solty Rei, a port city nation, called forth adventurers. He promised wealth to those who proved worthy of a quest to slay this goblin and others like it. Other cities merely believed it was a hoax of some kind since a goblin had no way of destroying a city nation and believed a dragon was most likely the culprit or a rival city that did not want recognition for the deed. The lost city nation was near Solty Rei so it was in their interest to take action.

Game Objective
Runes have come back. The goal will be to collect as many relics as you can and use them for yourselves. To begin with I'll limit relics to one per person until everyone has a rune. After which it'll be two and so on. Runes will grant a player a supernatural ability such as super strength, invisibility, or X-ray vision. Of course, the runes will come later, initially, the party will go on a quest to track down the whereabouts of the goblin.

Questions
If you have any questions, comments, or need update anyone on anything or work something out please post them here. Basically all OOC stuff.

@Sanity43217
@Zat

Northern Kingdom Character profiles to post in be sure to post there first than go ahead and post in the Northern Kingdom IC thread summon

@Jas
@DireRaven
Eastern City State Character profile is up for you two as well. Post your character profile first, after which you can go post in the Eastern City State of Solty Rei Summon IC thread.

Reactions: Zat
Hope it's okay If I flesh out the snake people more as we go. Is it okay for Sivik to be venomous? I also like the idea of them being cold-blooded. Sivik just kinda powers through it by keeping physically active when it's cold out.

venomous no, cold blooded is fine. I have no problem with you building onto their culture. Natural abilities I want to discuss first. I want to keep the races inherently balanced.

Reactions: Zat
So, I'll be waiting for @Sanity43217 to get their character posted and an IC post for the Northern Kingdom before I make another IC post. I'll wait until next weekend. I'll then progress the Northern Kingdom.

Sorry I vanished.
had a few things come up.
what is the general view on multiclassing? Just finishing up my CS now, and don’t really want to focus purely on magic, but have a little martial prowess from his taboo. After a more primal, raw feel to magic.

I’m honestly surprised no one asked previously but multi-classing is possible. You can do so early too. But you cannot start out multi-class. After the first mission is complete you may choose to do so but your first class will be considered below average. But you can certainly choose to mult-class later. Do understand that it isn’t easy as it’s starting over again. Classes and abilities don’t stack.

So here’s and example you decide to change class at level 5 to another. You will retain your l level 5 abilities but they cannot progress, these abilities will be locked. Other abilities will progress by level.

That said there is no limit to multi- classes

I’m honestly surprised no one asked previously but multi-classing is possible. You can do so early too. But you cannot start out multi-class. After the first mission is complete you may choose to do so but your first class will be considered below average. But you can certainly choose to mult-class later. Do understand that it isn’t easy as it’s starting over again. Classes and abilities don’t stack.

So here’s and example you decide to change class at level 5 to another. You will retain your l level 5 abilities but they cannot progress, these abilities will be locked. Other abilities will progress by level.

That said there is no limit to multi- classes

So... Wait. are we going to like... level up? I was sort of under the impression that the "Professions" were more like our backgrounds, and the main increases in our abilities would be from gathering these rune magic relics.

Sorry I was planning on writing IC's last weekend but stuff happened and I ran out of time. Should be able to make time for tomorrow. I plan on writing ICs for both threads.

Back