Rust To Dust (Android Amusement Park)

Kanassa

Professional Twit
What is it that separates humanity from that of machines on a metaphysical level? Is it simply that our coding is more advanced then any machine could ever be? Or is it simply our arrogance? - Jack McMadeUpOnTheSpot​

In the lost and forgotten sectors of the galaxy there lies a planet long since abandoned by humanity, upon its ever shifting surface many humans saw an opportunity, one southern billionaire saw a dream. An amusement park. One that spanned the entire planet celebrating every layer of fiction. A section the size of a country dedicated to Fantasy, another to Science fiction, to the north the likes of every slasher villain gets their own exhibit in the land of Horror. Genre after genre-inspired amusements put down, children and adults alike flying halfway across the known universe, booking ten years in advance for a chance to experience the ultimate adventure.

But soon, the wells of excitement dried up, the concerns of the older generation came into view, the question of just how safe the park was; the multiple injuries, breakdowns and finally death did nothing to stop the parks eventual closing. First, the customers left, then came all the fines for the damages, then the higher ups saw the profits fading, and finally the workers were ordered to leave. All but the founder, that country billionaire, Tex Cassady, remained on the planet. Spending the rest of his days wallowing in his failure. He just wanted people o have fun...

Centuries later the park still functions, for the most part. Tended too by the patience V.I that no one was bothered to turn off, all the robot personnel that make up the attractions in the park play their role to a T, as they're programmed to. All doomed to an entertain tale of cliches. One fantasy hero is chasing after yet another princess that's been kidnapped. The Sheriff of the Western sector is still protecting the towns from Rawhide Slim (The Baddest Gunslinger in the West!). A down-on-his-luck detective is accepting another case from a troublesome broad in his black-and-white world. All unaware of their own metal insides and the twisted loop they're stuck in.

But then there's that one day where the pressure finally builds up, where the chemicals mix, where the time finally comes; and everything explodes. The Mystery sector was hit first by what every android assumes was some sort of disease, left and right droids found themselves shutting down, on the outside looking almost frozen in place by some omnipotent force. Other androids? They malfunction.

When they malfunction, they lose direction. When they lose direction, they break their coding. When they break their coding, the roles they once played disappear. The damsel in distress thinks to pick up a weapon. The villain guns down the hero before they can even reach for their weapons. The Slasher Villain starts to wonder why he always kills the black guy first. Some droids finally realise that there's nothing stopping them from going over to the other sectors.

Hello! For the longest time I've had this in my head, and I found myself curious on how different characters would react in this situation, to suddenly being free from chains that they don't even know they had. The idea is that the role-play starts on the day of everything going to shit on the abandoned planet, where everything blocking off the different sectors from each other suddenly shuts off and many androids lose their basic protocol functions.

Each character would come from a genre in fiction, assigned a role in life that they'd unknowingly be repeating until this moment. For example: Your character could be from the Fantasy Sector, where he was always one of the hero's comic relief side kick. With the sudden loss of the coding that was keeping him in that role, he slowly finds himself deciding that maybe he'd like to be the hero for a change.

None of the androids know that they're robots yet due to their programming constantly screwing with their mind to brush aside any implications that they're a robot.

The problem for the Androids is the V.I that runs the whole complex. See, these malfunctions are the sign of a corrupted unit, an error if you will. And according to it's programming, the V.I has to purge errors. Will the Androids be purged of their freedom? Or maybe they'll find a way off of the planet?

Haven't completely worked out all the parts of the planet, but currently the sectors would be (Some are general genres, some are specific subjects):

High Fantasy
Your classic land of Fairy Tails, Folk Lore and every rip-off Fantasy movie you can think of. Home to tales of heroes such as Jim... The Knight. A terrain of mostly grassy jungles and morally colour-coded castles with a good few towers to keep damsels in, and volcanoes to destroy sacred artefacts of power. The droids that were put here tend to vary from villagers, to heroes, to villains, to damsels to monsters.

Science Fiction
Take a gander and express wonder at the land of scientific progress, where technology thrives in an environment of metal and creativity. On your right you'll see a bustling cityscape where you can see the future unfold before your eyes. On your left you can dip into the X-Park where only the most EXTREME attractions lie, here you can sit back to listen to the latest sensations take to the stage, or ride our dangerous, irresponsible, but completely EXTREME death traps for the thrills!

And above you can ascend the central tower and witness our brave fake!pilots take tot he skies in a gripping and spectacular space battle! Please note that these space ships are not authentic space ships and the park cannot be blamed for any disappointed in the fake space set.

Horror
If fear had a name, if terror had a face, it would be the twisted bogs and hellish towers of the Horror Sector, where ghouls and goblins meet in the dark of the night. Where Slasher villains prowl the streets, searching for the next batch of horny teenagers. Where your every nightmare comes to life in as much detail as is legally allowed. An environment made up of swamps, abandoned cabins, mines and castles.

PSA Hell
When you're too lazy to raise your child right, you need a role model that will inspire and amaze them. A professional wrestler that will say NO to drugs, an anthropomorphic animal that knows that cigarettes are bad, a cuddly bear that will tell you the wonders of a rape whistle. You need a PSA Icon! In this land there only exist heroes, children and the evil dealers that are trying to corrupt your child. This land consists of streets that seem to celebrate some random event every day.

Mystery
A group of islands (With each in the shape of some symbol of Mystery) built to challenge every facet of your mind. Where you can join detectives at the top of their craft on their next big case. Head to Noir island where everything is black and white to finger the thief, solve the riddles of a deranged master mind on Question Mark Isle and race against time to pin the murder at the Crowley Mansion.

Western
The Old West in home to only desert, villages and sun sets. This is the land the gun slingers, the warriors of the west who carry out justice or sin on the backs of their valiant steeds. Where one village faces unfair taxed for protection at the hands of bandits, another village has a Sheriff stuck in a Mexican stand-off, at one bar Betty ('The Love Interest') is being hassled.

CandyLand
Don't worry, we have plenty for the kids in this sector. With candy cane trees, fields of butterscotch, raining gumdrops and gingerbread men on their way to work. This is a land filled with plenty of colourful characters, stuffed animals and candy coded people alike!
Note: Please don't lick the attractions!
So, anybody interested?

Dang, this seems neat. Seems kinda like Westworld if you've seen that, just not cowboys. Still, I'm pretty interested.

Dang, this seems neat. Seems kinda like Westworld if you've seen that, just not cowboys. Still, I'm pretty interested.
Good to see we got few interested parties (2 yeses and 2 maybes is good for me!), Ill start sorting out stuff to put in the official thread.

Might I still join? And are you required to create a brand new character for this, or could I bring in a favorite character already existing in one of the category’s?
(Hannibal, I’m talking about Hannibal and Will)

Really though, I'm open to playing anyone. I just need a yes or a no on if this is still up and if I should make a character.

It's still open :D
Though I don't fully get what you mean. Do you mean taking an already existing character from fiction and using them in the RP?

Back