RWBY: Welcome RAIN

Team RAIN followed behind, Ray considering their best bet. Aaron's semblence would help immencely, as would Isabella's if she decided to reveal it to everyone else. It was what the Magia family were becoming known for, but Isabella liked to keep that particular talent in reserve. Nina had never revealed, even to him what her semblance was, but he had his suspicions. And he would be able to help out with his. While he had to concede that Glynda had a point, after all, even the most experienced hunter could fall to overconfidence or too many foes, he didn't really think there would be all that much to worry about. Still, he didn't say so, not wanting to be lectured yet again.

After a while, they had arrived at the location specified on Ozpin's map. When they arrived there, they would discover that some kind of forged cave was in it's place but blended completely perfectly with the surrounding area as if it always existed there. Taking a look around, Glynda looked towards the team after observing the scenery.

"Alright. This is where I depart to return to the Academy. You eight make sure not to do anything reckless and report back as soon as this cave is cleared out. Pick your targets carefully and protect your teammates. Good luck.

"Alright. Good luck." And so Glynda walked away from the group and began making her way back to the Academy. Meanwhile RWBY began to discuss what was going on.

"Hmm... Do we just charge in?" "Heck yeah! Let's go kick some butt!" "Only you two would think of such a poor strategy." "I think we should just sneak in and try to figure out just what we're dealing with." Blake suggested, which got the attention of the other team members. "Like Glynda said, we don't know just how many there are down there, and what types they are. The Cave could be big enough to house large beasts of Grimm which would be tough to take down."

"Blake has a point. But not all of us are especially sneaky."
Voices can be heard coming toward them, they sound like they're either arguing, or in the middle of a battle. Though one voice sounds bored.
"
On your left..." Says the bored voice, a female's
"
Got it!"

"Hmm... It's weird to be hearing voices here." "Do you think it could be some of Roman's thugs?" "I don't think so... Didn't Roman mostly have males in his company?" "That's pretty sexist."

"Hey, you lot!" A familiar male's voice rang out as the group would quickly quieten down and observe what was going on from a safe distance. Once the voice got into range, it was none other than an old villain of theirs; Roman Torchwick. Sporting his usual cigar and cane, and black/red hat, he conversed with the two voices that they had saw.

jmLi8EY.png

"Hey, what's the word on that noise we heard earlier?" "Nothing to report, Torch. It just dropped dead. Probably another wild animal or something..." "Well, continue keeping an eye out. Those Grimm aren't going to breed if they are disturbed." "Why ARE we even breeding them anyways? Can't we just storm the Academy as we are? We already have a handful of tro---" "--- Because we aren't stupid. The Grimm will make sure to leave them exhausted, and then we'll swoop in. Now, keep your guards up and don't make me catch you slacking again. You're our new recruits, you'd better not disappoint." "Sigh... Yes sir." And then Roman walked back into the Cave.

"I don't like that guy. Too cocky for his own good." "Do you want us to get caught?! Just shut up and keep watch." "Why can't we just storm them? We're an entire army and they are a bunch of kids." "Yeah. A bunch of kids that can probably wipe out an army on their own." "Hey you two, cut the chatter and get back to work." "Sigh... I hate this job."

Once they were more or less gone, Ray spoke quietly, "So, question, do we want to see who the other voices were, or do we want to go into the cave."
"
You know, that bored voice sounded familiar. Though it's hard to tell from here." Isabella said, thoughtfully
"
Am I the only person who realizes that Torchwick and his goons are the ones somehow breeding Grimm?" Asked Nina.

"It's really weird to see that Torchwick is interested in the Grimm..." "We just need to continue sneaking around until we get an idea of what's going on, so then we can deal with it. So far we haven't been detected yet." "Which is great, since stealth is not my strong suit. I'd prefer to run in there and punch stuff!" "Of course you do, Yang." "Is that a problem, miss Ice Queen? Or is it Princess since apparently you have a sister?" "Shut up."

"You realize you guys are fighting loudly enough for others to hear you, right?" Another group of four appeared before the cave. Two young men, and two young women. The woman who was speaking wore robes of purple and blue, with a staff in her hands. Embedded in the staff were dust cylinders of all kinds. The other woman was shorter than the first wore a fairly provocative dress, and her auburn hair was curled around her neck. The taller of the two men carried a sword, and was blonde haired and blue eyed. He wore nice clothes, though no especial finery. The other man carried a lance, and wore armor. His hair was brown, as were his eyes.
"
Melody, really, don't startle them like that." Said the blonde haired man. Melody shrugged, as though she really couldn't care. Her eyes weren't especially focused on anything, as if she were in her own world.
Isabella's eyes widened, then narrowed in almost-anger as the two were talking. "
I should have known I recognized your voice."

"!" The entirety of the RWBY team reacted to the group that had encountered them... Well, most of them. While Weiss and Yang exposed them with their bickering, Blake was nowhere to be seen. "See Yang, this is exactly why you should keep your mouth shut." Weiss exclaimed as she drew her Rapier. "Eh. It's the truth and you know it, Ice Queen." "Can we not bicker like this? We've been spotted---" And that was when Blake appeared behind the group of four and knocked each one to the ground by smacking the back of their necks. "Can we move on already before they find a few of their group are missing?"

"They're not a part of Torchwick's group. At least not so far as I'm aware." Said Isabella, grimacing. She pointed to each of the other group of four in turn "Melody, my sister, is the one who told us to be more quiet. Over there is Caden. Then there's oh...what were their names...um...Ah, right, Lance, and Tina. They're probably out here training to try to get into beacon themselves."
"
Not to mention that if they had been with Torchwick, what exactly did they gain by coming up and talking to us, rather than informing Torchwick we were here?"

Last edited:
"That was a pretty weird move they did..." "Let's just get going. We're be safer just travelling quietly before things start to get dicey." "And Yang? Keep your mouth shut." "Lips are sealed, princess."

And so the group continued to sneak into the cave, making good progress on not getting spotted and taking out isolated guards every now and then. The Cave looked pretty artificial on the inside as well as the outside, and blended/felt like a real cave. However once they reached far enough, they would find a large open room which sported several black blobs on the floor, with large Grimm creatures roaming around. It was like Glynda mentioned; there was over hundreds of Grimm in this one room, and the number kept on increasing.

Aaron, Ray, Isabella; who shrugged at leaving her little sister and her group of friends behind, and Nina followed RWBY. Ray looked back and hoped the group of four would be alright. After all, strange behavior for someone who worked with Torchwick. Maybe they'd meet again someday. But for now, they had a job to do

"They're breeding hundreds down there..." Ruby exclaimed with a worried expression and tone. "Even the really large Grimm are down there just chilling." "Look, there's Torchwick down there." Blake exclaimed as he pointed towards him. He appeared to be... handing a crystal over to a Grimm? "Hey... That's a Dust Crystal." Weiss exclaimed. "What would they be doing giving a Grimm a Dust Crystal?"

"Not sure. I mean, what does feeding them dust accomplish?"
"
Maybe it gives them the power of that particular kind of dust?"
"
Don't even joke about that, Nina."

"Wait wait... Watch." Weiss exclaimed, interrupting them as they watched the Grimm duplicate! "Wait a minute... When did Dust make them duplicate... Unless..." Blake exclaimed as she tried to look towards the Crystal. "Um, guys? That's not a dust crystal." "Then what is it?" "I don't know. But something about it is attracting all this Grimm here, and the crystal is scattered all across the floor there in large veins."

"So what do we do? There's a lot of Grimm and not a lot of us. I can guarantee some of RAIN's semblances will help, but I'm not sure how much against these kinds of numbers."
"
I'll admit I'm not sure what we can do."

"Whatever we've got to plan, we better do it now before these guys launch an attack on Beacon!" Yang exclaimed, clenching her fists together. "How exactly are we going to do anything Yang? There's literally thousands of them now!" "Well we gotta do something!" "Guys, quiet down..."

"So we need help. There's just eight of us."
"
As much as I hate to say it, maybe we should go get CMLT. Er...Caden, Melody, Lance, and Tina. If they're not part of Torchwick's group, they'd probably be more than happy to help."
"
You sure, Isabella? Doesn't your sister hate you?"
"
She does, and I doubt she'll be much happier since I didn't speak out to stop Blake from knocking them out. But they didn't like the Grimm last time I checked any more than we do."

"Wait a minute..." Blake exclaimed as she took another look around. "Why should we go get them? They jumped us and gave us no warning afterwards! They literally called us out like they were Roman's goons." "Yeah. Shouldn't we just try this ourselves?" "I think we really should contact Glynda..." "Look over there." Blake exclaimed as she told the group to look towards a particular corner of the large cave. In closer inspection, it would appear that a similar group of four were locked in a cage by Roman's henchmen.

Back