RWBY: Welcome RAIN

Melody said, "Actually they should be joining us fairly soon, as long as we don't get too far ahead of them."
"
So I guess the question is, do we want to wait for them, then, if you're right...uh...Melody, right?" Ray asked. Melody nods, and Caden joined the conversation.
"
Melody's really good with this kind of thing. Chances are good she's right."

"I'm sure they'll be fine. My sis can handle anything. Especially since Pyrrha is with her." Ruby exclaimed, clutching her Scythe as she watched the Cave start to crumble from the outside. "Look, over there!" Jaune yelled as he pointed towards the top of the forest where Yang and Pyrrha could be seen. "There they are! Wait, how is Pyrrha flying?" "You don't remember, Jaune? You really are dumb." "Hey guys! How's it Yanging?!" "And she's already yelling Puns... Ugh..."

"Well, now that everyone's here, let's go back and report what happened. I think Professor Ozpin and Professor Goodwitch will be interested to hear what we found." Said Nina.

"We can't really afford to keep them waiting now, can we?" Blake implied as the two had now landed with Yang showing off as per the norm. "So, what's up?" "We're going back to Beacon to tell them what's happened on this mission." "Cool~ I'm sure they are eager to know considering they sent everyone here to get us out." "Alright then, let's get going. Stay close, this forest is still inhabited by Grimm and a addition of Roman's soldiers."

Caden shrugged. "We'll be fine, I'm sure. After all, there are a lot of us. Plus, we have Melody."
"
Yeah, because Melody of all people will keep us safe." Isabella snarled, irritably.
"
Ah, what a way to talk to someone who saved your life." Melody said, though her expression was no longer one of someone who was fully engaged in what was going on, but of someone who was paying attention to something else.
"
Hah! Luck. You're too busy off in your little world to know what's going on around you."

Last edited:
"Can we focus?" Weiss exclaimed in an outburst towards the other group. "God, your bickering one day will get you four killed." "Chill out, Ice Queen. What's so bad about a little friendly banter?" "Everything, Yang. Everything." "Let's just keep moving. We should be nearing the edge of the forest now, then we're a straight line ahead to Beacon." Pyrrha exclaimed, with Jaune walking alongside her while Nora and Ren were behind the party, keeping an eye on the back-lines.

Isabella glowered at Melody, who was rather blatantly ignoring her. Caden shook his head, clearly he didn't consider what was going on between the two as 'friendly' anything. Ray and the others followed behind.

Last edited:
[Time Skip]
After everyone had arrived at Beacon, they would shortly discover that the area was somewhat different this time around in that there was quite the Atlas military presence, there being a few airships and quite the number of soldiers present, most converged around the main office. "Guess General Ironwood is visiting?" "My sister could be here too... Let's still continue on-wards." Weiss exclaimed as the group would proceed to walk towards the office. Seeing Weiss at the front, the soldiers let them pass and they started to go up the elevator, now overhearing the conversation proceeding.

"I'm telling you that your students clearly do not know what they are up against!" "Our hunters and huntresses are perfectly capable of handling the situation, James." "You clearly take your military's pride too much into consideration, james. Surely you realise that we know exactly what we're doing with them." "While I'd be inclined to agree with you, Glynda, my sister has yet to master her craft. She could not even be capable of fully controlling her powers like you believe she will." "Under my command, I should be the one leading a attack on Roman's main base of operations with this plan of his, and preventing a outbreak, not some children."

"Sounds like someone if very much not happy." Ray murmurs to the others, quietly.
"
You could say that." Nina replies just as quietly. The others nod.

"Sounds like he doesn't exactly trust Beacon yet. Which is not surprising considering Atlas has done a decent job trying to keep the peace." "Wait, they're still going..."

"Then what exactly do you propose James? That we just send your army into an unknown area and risk the loss of your nation's security? I think not." "Ozpin you're too self-minded about your beliefs. You should be letting me handle this. Your "Hunters" and "Huntresses" will most likely drive the public into chaos as they can't seem to keep their mouths shut." "Not to mention the infamous White Fang are in cohorts with Roman Torchwick as well. One of your Huntresses will not be happy about that." "!" Blake immediately tensed up. "Right... The White Fang are a sensitive topic for you, isn't it Blake?" "..."

"Look, we don't have to talk about anything that makes people uncomfortable, but we'll have to go in at some point." Ray said.
"
I'm reasonably certain we'll get pulled in if we don't go soon. From what I've heard, Professor Ozpin always seems to know." Melody said.

"I always know, children. Come on in now." Ozpin exclaimed as he overheard the last two lines of conversation as they had arrived at the Office, the door was yet to open. As everyone walked in, Ironwood merely took a sip of his mug and looked towards them. "I trust then you were the group that Ozpin and Glynda sent off to that Cave after Roman Torchwick?"

"Me, Isabella, Aaron, and Nina, with RWBY originally." Said Ray. "The others joined us after we arrived in the forest."
Caden stepped forward. "
I'm Caden, that's Melody, Tina, and Lance." He gestured toward each person in turn. Isabelle barely restrains another contemptuous glance at Melody when her name is mentioned.

Last edited:
"Glynda knows of us during this assignment, but we are Team JNPR. I'm Pyrrha Nikos." "Nora Valkyrie." "Lie Ren." "And Jaune Arc, I'm the leader." "Interesting. So originally it was the two original teams, RWBY and RAIN, then if I'm understanding this correctly, this third team, CMTL joined in later?" "Actually, sir," Weiss exclaimed. "CMTL was actually captured by Roman and his men after they jumped us while we were surveying the area, sir." "Interesting... This further proves my point, Oz, that children should not be able to handle such operations if they insist on jumping their own."

"Hey, we did alright." Caden said. "And we got good information." Melody was actively watching the exchange, though not with her full attention.

"Then perhaps you'd like to enlighten me. What did you discover down there?" "Yes, we didn't send you down there just to get captured. What happened in the Emerald Forest and during your investigation? From appearance, it appeared you have quite the situation on your hands if we had to send JNPR to assist you."

"Weiss. Come with me for a moment. I need to speak to you in private." "Yes, sister." And the two walked into the Elevator. "I'll be back with you shortly, General. I have some business to take care of." "Very well, Winter. Proceed, I have this handled."

"They were feeding Grimm crystals that looked kinda like dust crystals to make them replicate. We don't know what the crystal is, and the cave kinda collapsed before we could get a sample." Ray said.

"Interesting. So Roman is finding a way to create Grimm of his own by feeding them. Did you discover how many they had?" "Close to the thousands. Maybe more if we covered the entirety of the cave but it was collapsed during all the fighting." "You keep mentioning Cave." "I don't know how but they managed to make a artificial cave that was completely enormous on the inside, but on the outside it looks like any ordinary opening in the mountain." "Interesting... Alright. And why did you have to engage? As far as I was aware by Glynda, this was a scouting mission, not an attack. How did your cover get broken?" "It's safe to assume that we had no cover. Roman somehow knew we were there."

"I admit we weren't in the best position at the time, but from where we were, we couldn't see the others. Torchwick just seemed to know." Caden said.
"
If I had to guess, he probably knew because RWBY's been so determined in dogging his trail. So it may have been a very good guess." Said Melody.

"While that is a good point, I do not believe that is entirely the case, Melody." Glynda exclaimed, looking towards her group more than RWBY, acknowledging what she said. "While Team RWBY has had most of their assignments involving Torchwick, that doesn't quite explain why he knew they were there. The area that we sent them to investigate was discovered by a defecting Goon, but as soon as we sent you, he tried to steal some of our dust supply." "Just further proof that your trained warriors cannot handle the situation anymore." "James, in all due concern, we intend to get to the bottom of this." "And how do you propose we do that?" "Simple. We split these teams into individual groups, and send them out towards several known White Fang bases, and investigate them."

Back