RWBY: Welcome RAIN

"I'm not entirely sure. Something's very wrong. Either we were much closer to the residential district than we thought, or we got dropped off in the wrong area somehow." Melody said thoughtfully.
"
Ironwood seemed pretty insistent with the idea that we weren't up to this task." Nina input helpfully.
"I suppose it's possible he could be trying to prove a point. But I don't think that's what's going on. You're not going to deliberately endanger people just to prove a point."

"
It is suspicious. Very suspicious. We should be seeing people around here, even if we aren't going to be seeing the White Fang. Heck, it shouldn't matter where we picked. We should be seeing far more people around at this time of day than we're seeing." Lance was looking around as he spoke. His lance was in his hand, clearly at the ready. It was obvious he didn't like this one bit.
"
Look, whatever's going on, Lance, it's up to us to figure it out." Isabella said, rolling her eyes. "Well, Juane? You're the leader, what do you think we should do?"

Ray shrugged. "
I have no idea, Weiss. Like I said, I don't know Ironwood well enough to make that kind of judgement. Maybe he gave us what he considered accurate information? I don't know."
Tina nodded in agreement. "
Whatever happened, it can't hurt to investigate."

Caden thought for a moment. "
You know what, Yang? I think you're right. And while I agree it's possible, Pyrrha, they aren't supposed to know we're here, right? So I guess the question is, have we been blown somehow, or did we just end up in the wrong area..." Ray trailed off, thoughtful. "Anyway, you're right about one thing, Pyrrha, it can't hurt to investigate."

"Maybe we should investigate while we can. Maybe we'll find something?" Ruby asked as she walked into the residential district... Only to discover a bunch of White Fang members all over the place. "Oh crap... We're surrounded..."

"We should keep our guard up. Sometimes if places are empty, that means company is to ensue." Blake exclaimed as she readied herself. "Yeah... I'm ready!" Jaune muttered as he readied his Sword and Shield. But nothing happened. "Huh. I was expecting an ambush." "Oh don't worry, you got one." A voice exclaimed as all of a sudden, a large amount of White Fang members appeared with some of Roman's Goons too.

"Even still. Hmm... I'll rely on my Sister's trust and let's get this done." Weiss exclaimed as she walked forward a bit and scouted the Harbour. "Wait a minute... There's double the amount of Goons that would be around Roman..."

"Let's follow him and see where the trial leads. However keep on your guard if it ends up being a trap." Pyrrha exclaimed as she proceeded to sneak around the White Fang member and see what's going on. With Yang following, she made sure to keep quiet despite his dislike for stealth.

@Alissa Ming

Melody froze. She shouldn't have focused on what was going on in the now. Her ability wasn't perfect. Though to be fair, Blake hadn't actually meant any harm when she'd snuck up on them. But these guys almost certainly did mean the group harm. "How?"
"
I'm not sure. But we're going to have to be ready for a fight." Said Nina.

"
I figured you'd no better than to tempt fate." Lance said. Even in his watchful state, they'd managed to sneak up on them. "How did we manage to get ambushed?" It wasn't the first time he was wishing he was with Caden, or at least a more confident leader. Though Caden had his little ability that could have caused confusion. And Melody would likely have warned them. Now they were in danger, and he didn't know who among the group he was with he could rely on.
Isabella drew her swords, but she wasn't sure they could do this any more than Lance was.

"
Fair enough, I guess. That's weird. Why are there so many around here? Look, Weiss, if I didn't know any better, I'd say we're being set up. Be careful." Ray said quietly.
"
This is wrong..." Tina said.

"
Naturally, Pyrrha. Ugh, I wish Mel were here." Caden drew his sword, prepping to use his ability if needed to cause some chaos. Aaron had his scythe out.

"They seemed to of not noticed us..." "Hey!" One of the members yelled as he approached Ruby and her team, she was trembling a little, and keeping her guard up. "Thanks for coming. We could use the help." "Wait... what?!"

"From what I've seen, it would appear that they were watching us while we were here. I wouldn't put it past them to do such a strategy." "Yeah, you're right. Something about the way you guys act just makes you so predictable." "Oh really? And how exactly are we predictable?!" "Because you aren't exactly leader material." "Hmph."

"Wait, look over there." Weiss exclaimed as she pointed over to a part of the warehouse shrouded in shade. "Do you see those silhouettes? One definitely looks like Roman, but one looks... smaller?"

"Seems she share the same ideals." "Hmm... I wonder though. This definitely sounds like a trap. Why else would a guard member just blurt out where he's going?"

@Alissa Ming

Melody wasn't sure what was going on any better than Ruby did. But maybe...she whispered to Ruby. "Maybe we should play along, Ruby. If we're cautious, it should work to get us closer to an answer."

Lance nodded. "
Well, Juane, how do you want to play this?" He was prepared to fight. And he hoped Juane had a plan.

Ray nodded, looking in the direction Weiss was pointing. "
I see them. That means we're in the right spot. Cause we came to the place that has Roman. I'm not sure who the other person is, though."

"
You have a point, Yang. Guys, be careful. People do talk out loud, so it could just be that, but no point in being stupid." Caden quietly drew his sword wondering what Pyrrha's comment meant. Of course Mel wished she were with the group. She wanted to keep him safe. It had been that way as long as they'd known each other. The two of them verses the world.

"Right..." Ruby responded in a whisper before turning back to the White Fang member. "What's going on exactly?" "We're revolting against Roman Torchwick. At least, we are, not everyone in the entire group. Using Grimm as weapons is not right, despite them being actively hostile towards humanity."

"Like we always do, kicking butt." "Stick together, watch each other's backs." "Attack!" The White Fang then pounced onto the group as Blake and Jaune stuck together and attacked whoever attacked them, sticking with the group and attacking as a Unit.

"I can't make them out... Hmm..." Weiss then looked towards Ray. "Right, what's the plan?"

As the team followed him, in the distance was the harbour as it would appear that the group was being lead along the sea-side. "Hmm... How strange that he'd be walking over to a base that we're not supposed to be investigating." "I don't trust it but at the same time, it's the only lead we got."

@Alissa Ming

Melody's eyes narrowed. This potentially explained quite a bit. If they didn't intend the group any harm, then she'd have never sensed them as she was paying attention to the present, rather than her ability. Still, she looked them over suspiciously. "I dunno, Ruby..." Nina said quietly, practically mirroring Melody's own thoughts. She gained that unfocused look she often had, as she attempted to find out what was going to happen. Her ability wasn't perfect, but it was what she had.

Lance and Isabella stuck with Juane and Blake, fighting with all they had. They would do their best to get the others out of this.

"
We need to get closer if we can. Hear what they're saying and see if we can find out who the other person is. Oh, and try not to get caught. I'm afraid that if we do get into a fight, we're just going to have to stick together. I don't know you guys as well as I know my own team, so making a plan's going to be a bit tricky. Not impossible, but tricky." Ray said, quietly. That wasn't entirely true. Of the crew he had access to, he knew Weiss and Ren the best. Mostly because they knew what RWBY and JNPR had done. However, he didn't know that much about Tina, or what her ability was. He shrugged the thought aside. That was for later consideration.

"
This is just too weird." Caden muttered. "I mean, I supposed there could be crossover of some kind. Like maybe he was delivering a message or something. But what are the odds that a message carrier would walk right past us and mention how he had to get back to a specific base?"

"Trust us. We won't attack you once we're done. We promise. Can you help us?" "Umm... I guess we could, but something doesn't feel right working with the enemy." "We don't expect you to join us from the start, but at least understand why we're revolting."

As the group fought on, the numbers of the White Fang were dwindling, second by second. "Hey... We're winning!" "Focus, Jaune. It's not over yet."

"Right. Of course we need to exercise caution, carefulness and... Where's Ren?" Weiss exclaimed as Ren just suddenly disappeared. However in a few moments, he would reappear on top of one of the storage crates, behind them was a few of the guards on the floor.

"I don't know, but something tells me that he's trying to lead us somewhere. For the sake of our investigation, I suggest we do follow him. Something tells me that they are all operating in one area, but tried to split into four sectors in order to throw us off."

@Alissa Ming

"There is no harm in listening, Ruby. We just need to be cautious and prepared, but there is no harm in listening." Melody said.

Lance was paying more attention to the fight than to Juane. Isabella wielded her dual swords with all the skill of long practice. Both swords have dust in them again.

Ray raised his eyebrows. "
Looks like Ren's cleared a way closer for us, so let's get down there and join him. Carefully." Aaron nodded, quietly and moved silently forward.

"
Right. Let's do this. If you don't want to have your weapons out, at least keep them close to hand. We need to be ready for anything." Caden said, quietly, then he continued to follow the White Fang member in front of them.

"As you obviously know, Roman wants you lot dead. Although, us group in particular do not appreciate his methods of using the Grimm. Sure, we could just attack him outright, but he has his own men." "So... why do you need us?" "Because you guys are able to kick a lot of their butts without so much as breaking a sweat?"

As the group fought on, the numbers dwindled even more, to the point where there was only a few left. "Uhh... This didn't exactly go to plan..." "No, it didn't." "Uhh... I should probably go, huh?" Wait, he was asking if he should retreat?

"No wonder he was so silent..." Weiss exclaimed as she and co went to Ren's location. "If you were quite done, let's keep moving."

As the group followed the member, they would spot a harbour warehouse area covered in guards. "Woah... That's a lot of guards over there... Is this the base that Roman is residing in?" "Judging from the amount of goons that are present, most likely."

@Alissa Ming

Melody and Nina tried hard not to laugh. Without so much as breaking a sweat was it? Then what did they call the catastrophe in the cave? Perhaps it didn't matter. They waited to see what Ruby would decide. They could give advice, but they were not the leader.

Isabella and Lance stared at the goon, dumbfounded. Was he seriously asking permission to retreat? Who did that? You ran or you were defeated, possibly captured. If things were extremely bad, lack of retreat meant death. They looked at each other, wondering what kind of idiot asked the enemy what to do next, as well as how Juane would respond.

Ray nodded to Ren in quiet approval, and crept closer, using what cover was available to keep out of site. It wasn't especially easy. The brighter colors would make it easier for them to be seen, and he knew it. Still, they had to get closer, to hear what was going on.

"Yeah, except we weren't supposed to be dealing with Roman. We were supposed to be dealing with Neopolitain. How did Ironwood get everything so apparently wrong?" Caden asked. It was possible things had changed since Ironwood had last gotten news. It was equally possible someone had fed the good guys false information, or even that they'd been lied to for some reason. "Anyway, let's see how close we can get. If we keep it down, we might get close enough to hear any plans they may have."

Back