Scarletverse Revival?

Teeloffel

Hello.

I am sorry for whatever happened to the Epic Roleplay that I had a couple of years ago. I really liked it but eventually, summer ended and my free time with it. Recently I've gotten a lot of free time and would like to see if there is any interest in reviving it? Any new people are obviously allowed to join. I believe it exists somewhere in the archive. Feel free to check it out.

Hello.

I am sorry for whatever happened to the Epic Roleplay that I had a couple of years ago. I really liked it but eventually, summer ended and my free time with it. Recently I've gotten a lot of free time and would like to see if there is any interest in reviving it? Any new people are obviously allowed to join. I believe it exists somewhere in the archive. Feel free to check it out.
Sure, I'm still interested.

Fantastic guys! I have an idea about either a prequel or a sequel to the original? What do you guys think? I'll write some keywords for both ideas.

Prequel:
The year is 2003. Superpowers are almost commonplace, being discovered only a few years ago. Magic is practiced but in secret. Superpowered individuals are tired of being suppressed and want to rise up. The city of Newport has been officially crowned the Capitol of the country. This is where the story will (mainly) take place. Some of Newport's superheroes gain high-standing positions, the people are not happy about this. A small revolution occurs, making underground supervillains gain more influence and power (which will obviously lead to the rise of the Scarlet Five). Perhaps there is some civil war within the Bound (the magic-powered group of mystics referred to in The Threads That Bind Us)? You can obviously also come with suggestions.

Sequel:

The year is 2040. 2 years since the war between the Opposition and The Scarlet Five ended. The war was a disaster, ruining much of what the city once was. Infrastructure, medicine, school, technology, and any and all progress made in the last decade. Newport, being annexed by the country, is now an independent nation struggling to get back on its feet. Most members of both organizations are either dead or off-planet. Moonstar has completely disappeared. The power vacuum is horrifying large. There is no central power structure in Newport, it is a city run by anarchy. Who will rise up to fill the role of the Scarlet Five? A new group? An Omni-powerful individual? Maybe a dimensional catastrophe occurs. Maybe aliens? Who knows what we could do. The main benefit of a sequel is that we don't have to be so careful with what we retcon and change.

There is also the idea to continue where we left off. Obviously, this is hard to do. Many of the people who are crucial to the story are not on this site anymore or have not responded to this thread.

What do you guys think? Let's put it to a vote, or maybe I'll just decide if some of you come up with compelling arguments.

This looks interesting. I’m in.

Nice! I would highly suggest reading most of the threads in the Scarletverse Forum. I can link it, if you don't find it. At the very least you should be able to understand the premise of what the previous roleplay was about.

I don't really care - either way would be fine. A reboot would be pretty swag, tho

The year is 2040. 2 years since the war between the Opposition and The Scarlet Five ended. The war was a disaster, ruining much of what the city once was. Infrastructure, medicine, school, technology, and any and all progress made in the last decade. Newport, being annexed by the country, is now an independent nation struggling to get back on its feet. Most members of both organizations are either dead or off-planet. Moonstar has completely disappeared. The power vacuum is horrifying large. There is no central power structure in Newport, it is a city run by anarchy. Who will rise up to fill the role of the Scarlet Five? A new group? An Omni-powerful individual? Maybe a dimensional catastrophe occurs. Maybe aliens? Who knows what we could do. The main benefit of a sequel is that we don't have to be so careful with what we retcon and change.

TM would love this and he would work well as a main bad guy

Nice! I would highly suggest reading most of the threads in the Scarletverse Forum. I can link it, if you don't find it. At the very least you should be able to understand the premise of what the previous roleplay was about.
so - do you have a time that we'd start?

I am interested in this as well.

I will try to find the Scarletverse forum, but just in case can someone link it?

Back