School for the Enchanted

Nanya smiled at the boy. He seemed nice. He didn’t take the opportunity to brag about his amazing robot build skills as most popular kids Nanya knew would do. He looks new as well that means he is probably also in need for a new friend. “Plink?, is that its name?” she asked as she smiled at the robot who was pestering the pipe organ.
Without waiting for an answer she added “Are you new? I’m new. Do you already have your schedule?” She took her backpack from her back pushed the book in it and pulled her schedule out “I hope we have lessons together you seem nice” she said honestly.

“Uh...” Rocco said hesitately as the girl began to bombard him with questions, well it felt like she was bombarding him. “Yah, I think so...” he said reaching into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled up piece of paper, holding the book with his other hand. He hadn’t actually thought to bring his backpack with him, seeing as it was only the orientation, but he kinda wished he had. As Rocco held out the paper to Nanya his eyes drifted around the room, soon settling on Plink and taking on an expression of shock and a bit of fear. Luckily enough the living organ hadn’t seemed to notice Plink yet, and without saying anything Rocco attempted to get his little Robot’s attention before they did something it would regret. Plink watched as the large eyes on the Organ’s face drifted past him, not even seeing the small robot. Pouting despite his lack of a mouth, Plink tried once more, this time jumping up and tapping one of the many piano keys and making a high pitched, “plink” noise.

At that moment Mr Handel looked down to see a small robot attempting to push his keys.

He smiled and softly said, "Hello there, havent seen you before."

He didnt want to frighten the little guy, who seemed innocent enough.

Although he wasnt expecting a robot, or anyone for that matter, to approach him, he was quite proud of the robot for just walking up to him.

“Errr...one second” Rocco said hurriedly as he set the wad of paper in Nanya’s hand and briskly walked up to Plink. Plink looked up at the piano and once more made a high pitch “plink” noise, mimicking the noise the piano key had just made. “Uh Plink maybe that isn’t a good idea.” Rocco called as he quickly came up behind the small robot who turned around to greet him. “I’m uh sorry err sir?” Rocco said apologetically, his face turning red from embarrassment.

Mr Handel replied to Rocco. "No worries, he hasnt done any harm. He seems rather curious. Does he have a name?" Mr. Handel was rather curoius himself about such a happy creature.

“This is Plink” Rocco introduced gesturing to the small robot who was now sitting at his feet looking up at the pipe organ. “Plink likes uh meeting new people” he added quickly hoping to explain his robots behavior. Plink had always acted very childish and was very innocent and despite how he make act annoyed at the little creatures antics, these were some of the many reasons Plink was his favourite creation.

"I see, well, pleased to meet you both." Mr. Handel wasn't bothered at all. He sat quiet for a moment. "Oh, im Mr. Handel by the way. Whats your name?" He asked curiously. "You seem rather shy." Mr. Handel was always welcoming to new students and willing to help out anyone who truly needed it.

Sam blinked, then turned cocked her head to one side, then looked Seka up and down. A few moments passed, then they giggled.

"I'm sorry, but Seka just suits you better. Though I'll use your last name in class."

As soon as they finished saying that, their skin started to glow for a few seconds, then a bright flash filled the area. When the light died down, Sam was in their male form.

Sam stomped their foot loudly. "Damn it, I always change when it is inconvenient? Stupid powers!"

Blinking, Seka raised her eyebrow at the scene before her. “Uh well that’s fine." She stumbled, a little confused to what had just happened. "What an interesting power you have..." She began as they were joined by Draven who flipped through the packet as he walked slowly towards them.

"Sam, id like for you to meet my son, Draven." She said proudly, pulling him in tightly once he was within reach. Grunting at the sudden contact, Draven snapped back to reality as he was just off again, running around in his own thoughts, completely missing the whole transformation that had happened.

"Yeah, what’s up dude?" Draven smiled, holding out his fist to be bumped as he took in Sams appearance. Interesting looking dude but was that nail polish on his fingers?

“I’m Rocco Evans” he replied meekly, looking down at his feet nervously. Suddenly a bright flash of light came from nowhere, startling Rocco. Giving a loud yelp Rocco fell to the floor landing atop Plink who had been watching Mr. Handel extremely curiously. Luckily enough neither of them were hurt, but Rocco was pretty badly shaken as he stumbled back to his feet, eyes scanning the area feverishly in search of the source of the light.

Interesting power? That was one-way of looking at it. It was a pain in the butt if you asked him.

When Seka introduced her son- got to say she looked good for a mother with a kid that was his age- he returned the fist bump. Cardinal rule, you don't just leave a fist hanging like that.

"Hey Draven. I'm Sam Allen. Call me whatever you like. Are you excited?"

Mr. Handel looked over at the new teacher, her son, and Sam. He smiled some as he had known Sam for a long time. He thought to himself , "I wish more students were as eager about this place." Mr. Handel had seen a great many students come and go, but he has never grown tired of his job.

"That’s uh, one way to put it." Draven responded, shrugging he looked up at Seka wondering about what ‘power’ she was talking about. "Did i miss something?" He was going to have to get used to others having and using their powers since Seka had kept him in private school his whole life. Though he was excited to finally get away from the itchy uniforms, he wasn’t too excited to start over and begin the ‘introduce yourself’ part of school. Ice breakers and ‘tell me something interesting about yourself’ games weren’t his strong suit as he’d much prefer not to shine light on his unusual background.

"You’re going to have to pay more attention if you’re going to pass my class. " Seka chuckled, amazed at how often that kid zoned out. She was sure that the flash registered on everyone’s radar yet it seemed to sneak past him. "It’s a wonder how you got this far." Which was only half true. Draven was quite intelligent, having a photographic memory proving to be helpful with his unique ability to copy powers. They had learned of this soon after she began to use her powers openly around him. Why at only a few months old, he was bringing fourth vines to rock his cradle or hold his bottle when he got impatient. She was going to have to see how he would adjust to multiple abilities being used around him and if he’d attempt to take on another one though she doubted it. He had always expressed how fond he was of their shared powers and how it made him more connected to her. Ruffling up his hair as she reminensed, she gave him another squeeze and returned her attention to Sam.

Quickly regathering himself and brushing his coat off, Rocco took once last look at Mr. Handel before glancing down at Plink and whispering, “We should probably get going”. He had pretty much forgotten about Nanya the one girl he had been talking to before, the sheer embarrassment of his fall driving him to want to leave as soon as possible. Rocco longed to be home surrounded by tools and his little creations, at least he knew they wouldn’t judge him or even laugh at him. Plink turned back up to Rocco who seemed to be in quite a hurry, and giving the giant organ one more glance he stood up and waved goodbye to the organ giving one more little “plink” before starting off after Rocco who was briskly walking off.

Nanya took over the piece over paper the boy pushed in her hand. She tried evening the paper so she could read it. That didn’t go very fast since she was also looking how the boy walked over to pipe organ to save the little robot he called Plink. She was surprised when she heard him actually say full sentences to the robot and the pipe organ. When she noticed the situation was under control and the boys shedule was readible she looked at the two schedules. She didn’t had much time to compare the two schedules. Because a sudden light made her look up. She discovered the light came from the boy who was talking to one of the teachers. But wait a second…. Wasn’t that the girl that she saw walking up to the teachers? Nanya was shocked and it looked like she wasn’t the only one. She chuckled when she saw Rocco standing up from the ground and trying to get away. But Nanya couldn’t let him go that fast. “hey, wait your schedule” she yelled at the boy that fastly was tying to get away. While she ran towards him.

Mr. Handel watched as the final guests cleared from the auditorium. He was quite pleased with this year's orientation, and thought that maybe, just maybe, the school will finally get the upgrades it so needed.

Rocco paused as Nanya ran back up to him, holding his schedule in her hand and his face began to turn even redder from embarrassment. He had completely forgotten about the small piece of paper he had given Nanya, and he was pretty sure he was going to need that. “Th-thanks” He said a slightly stammer entering his voice as he became more and more embarrassed. Things had been going so well too, and now he was acting like a complete idiot. Now that Rocco had slowed down Plink was finally able to catch up to his creator.

Nanya smiled at the boy who turned bright red. "aah no thanks, You know what? as far as I could see we have a lot of lessons together" Nanya said. “I wonder who are also following similar lessons” She said while she looked around in the room. Her glance fell on a girl that was holding an board at one corner. “she maybe?” she asked pointing at the girl “hey let’s ask” Nanya said and without waiting for an response she walked in the direction of the girl half pushing, half dragging the boy along and said “hey, I’m Nanya, this uh Rocjo and the awesome robot over there is called Plink. We were wondering if you had the same lessons as we. ”She wasn’t sure if she got the name right. To be honest he spoke soft and she didn’t really heard him that good when said his name. She hoped he would speak a bit louder if they get to know each other better.

Joan was ready to leave - she'd just been taking a break to read over the leaflet she'd been given - when she saw a pair of shoes enter her vision. From the way they were pointing at her, she could tell that the person that was there was likely speaking to her. Or, trying, really. She lifted her head and saw a girl with bright orange hair and beautiful blue eyes speaking to her. Of course, she could only really assume she was speaking. Joan quickly sat the board and pen on the ground, lifted up her left arm and rolled up the sleeve of her tatty Philadelphia Eagles jersey. The monotone bracelet dangled loosely around her pale arm, loudly telling Nanya 'I AM DEAF'. She waited until she was sure the girl had seen it, then lifted the whiteboard back up off the ground. She used her sleeve to rub out part of the speech that had been written (the introductions - they were pretty useless anyway) and held the board and pen out to the ginger girl. She half expected the girl to turn around and leave, but still met her gaze with steady, hopeful eyes that she would be patient.

“It’s Rocco” he mumbled under his breath but Nanya didn’t hear him as she was busy introducing herself to this other girl.He wasn’t really fond of being dragged around like that but he didn’t mention this. Rocco’s eyes went straight to the whiteboard in her arms, though this was quickly explained when the girl held up her arm and showed a bracelet reading “I AM DEAF”. She then proceeded to wipe off the board and offer it up to Nanya, a hopeful look in her eyes. Rocco on the other hand reached deep into his pocket where another robot laid, one that he hoped would help out with this conversation. When Rocco was younger, about 9 he would often go and visit his uncle who had been born deaf, though he soon realised that swapping notes was going to be way to difficult. Instead he had spent all day creating a small robot about 4 inches tall with a screen for a head. This little guy’s sole purpose was it understood sign language, so he could set it down when talking to his uncle and what his uncle said would appear on the small robots screen, and when he spoke his words would appear on the screen making it easy for both people involved. Rocco had named this robot “Telly” and it was one of the few robots that actually had an on and off switch. Fishing the little guy out of his pocket he flipped the switch, and it’s screen came to life at once. “Hello” he said aloud and the words appeared on the small screen instantly. Plink on the other hand was busting himself with Rocco’s shoelaces, attempting to find different ways to tie them.

Back