Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Seeing as he was safe for the most part, Cain frowned. His soul flickered before flickering out to return to his body and seconds later his brown eyes opened as the others in the group charged forth.

The most he could do, in that case, was phase out and try to get through the bubble of water without getting in the way of his classmates or getting hurt by them accidentally. Would he do it? No, at least not now. For the time being, he'd carefully try to keep out of harm's way while observing the situation, and try to make sure there weren't any remaining civilians in the area or in immediate danger before acting any further.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Redfork2000 @Gummi Bunnies @Fountain

Drumming his fingers on his thigh, he heard Sam's question and Ann's response about holding the glass, so he tried to give his fellow Coursers a small reassuring smile so they'd ca a little. Was he sure of the glass holding with Ann's powers alone? No,but he had hope for his fellow Courser!

"Well, we've done all we can for now right? Just gotta hope for the best now." He spoke up, before glancing to Ann specifically.

"Bouncy glass would kinda be, like, those clear rubber balls they sold way back when right?" Dakari joked lightly as he made a slight sweepinng motion with his hand. Bouncy glass probably wouldn't be made of rubber, but he's sure Ann would make it soft enough that no one'd get hurt if they touched it!

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @Spave_Candy @Pet Store
 

Space_Candy

cautious optimism
AJ GARCIA

AJ was stood with the group while 'shadowing' their guard, which ended up just being standing around. Their New Gaurd leader opting to catch up on his dramas rather than actually give them experience. AJ didn't really mind though, laxly leaning against the wall of the pet shop. His eyes flickered around, taking in the mall around him- bustling customers, sales pitches; the chatter relaxing him. He put his head back and closed his eyes, just floating in the moment.

He was soon pulled out of his momentary bliss as he heard Jack grumble something back to another guard, and then the loud sound of glass cracking beside him. He turned his head slowly and widened his eyes as the tank looked like a tsunami were in it. He turned back to his mentor who was still arguing before teleporting his classmates, including Maia; then barking at them to start helping.

AJ furrowed his brows, trying to think quick- but he knew his power wouldn't mix well with the water; unless everyone wanted to be fried. He sighed in relief as Ann jumped right into it- something he always admired. He joined the others helping move her arms, letting out a chuckle at her eagerness. He looked up at her.

"I'm really no help here power-wise huh?"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Space_Candy @PetStore
----------------------

MAIA DRAKE

Maia hopped out of the teleport, happy to break the sleepiness of shadowing. She watched the large wave of water charge at them- jumping back as Arthur and Rich started combating the liquid. She watched as Jack jumped in to start saving civilians.

"Good idea!" She beamed, cannon-balling into the water and fishing out women and children as fast as she could. She broke the surface of the water, shaking the water out of her hair- much like a dog before shooting a wink at Jack.

"I can't let you get all the credit," she smirked jumping to help barricade the needed areas.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Redfork2000 @Chaos Sphere @FoodCourt
 
Last edited:

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
"Judging from the current situation, we'll have to make do somehow..." Vanessa commented on Kylie's statement after taking cover behind Wu's protective wall, readying herself to join her classmates to defuse the situation. Assessing the incoming water tendrils and the bubble that surrounded Tommy and the Courser, she waited for the alignment of the two factors to be in the right position. Focusing the movement of air around her leg, Vanessa would perform a sweeping kick at the air in front of her, sending a dense yet thin wave of wind to cut through the tendrils in the way. In theory, she planned for this surge of dense winds to apply enough pressure upon making contact with the bubble to make it pop, and she made sure that if it did make it pop, it wouldn't hit Tommy and the Courser causing the water to act erratically in question at all. The only thing now was to wait for the results in real time.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Redfork2000 @Takumi @Fountain


Natalie felt a motivational boost from the fact that her makeshift dam idea proved to make some progress on handling the situation at the Food Court. However, the water surging more and more out of the bathroom meant that it wasn't going to hold forever, even as she went ahead to expand a few more tables before feeling the fatigue settle in at the fourth expanded table used for their makeshift walls.

"Gaah... I think that's all I can... do... with the large table set-up... head's feeling... dizzy..." Natalie looked like she was going to faint at any given moment. At the very least, she could pick out that they needed to evacuate themselves and the civilians before it really got dicey, so she was ready to do so since she's done her part.

@Redfork2000 @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @Atomic Knight @Food Court
 

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
A bit into Victor's search, he was slammed into by a young male civilian not looking where he was going. "Shit! Again?!" he said incredulously, giving Victor a sour look before practically tripping over himself to get away. The direction the teen had been running from was a toy story, which was in the midst of an emergency as giant bubbles floated out of the store.

Ayako, using her powers, was able to traverse past the walls of bubble spray and reach the bubble maker. With one touch, she ended whatever hold was on the machine and instead of giant, threatening bubbles, it instead began to release small bubbles that popped in the air and left a fresh lemon scent. Sandra still floated in the air above them, trapped in her bubble.

Outside, though the machine had been stopped, a few giant bubble lingered. One carried its unlucky passenger, an older gentleman, over the banister so that he was floating to stories high. Popping his bubble now would undoubtedly kill the man. A security robot began to fly around the bubble, alerting the man that he was in the middle of doing something very dangerous. Such robots were designed to keep people from going over the banister's edge, though now it seemed the life-saving drone was about to do the very opposite.

@Yun Lee @Sanity43217 @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Ver @Chaos Sphere @ToyStore



The water shot forward so fast that Rashida had no chance of pulling either entity out of the wave. When it slammed into Wu's barrier, Tommy was tossed out haphazardly and he rolled across the ground. Tommy let out a groan of pain as he held his side but seemed otherwise okay. Despite Wu's efforts, much of the wave pulled back and carried the Courser away from the group. The tendrils continued to whip at those nearby, including Rashida and Stacey.

The bubble of water carrying the rogue Courser floated upward, even as Wu cut away at it from below. Layers of water were rapidly being cut away, slowly revealing the Courser, whose eyes were closed firmly shut. He still stayed in the air, trying to keep out of reach.

@Ver @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Redfork2000 @Takumi @Fountain



"W-Well... We'll have to see!" Sam declared, taking a few long steps away from Ann. The sound of glass crashing could be heard as Ann felt water surge against her. Jack teleported behind her a moment later, ushering two kids away from the store.

"The store's clear of people!" he yelled. "But there's some-- shit!"

Jack turned to the wall of Ann and saw as water began to sneak by her rubbery form. Water, fish, and glass pushed through in bursts, threatening to go through the barrier over the drop down to the lower floors, which was made of interlocked metal bars. "Oh my god!" Sam cried out. "We have to save the fish!"

Something else was far more pressing to Jack. "Don't let any glass shards go over the edge! I'll try to clear!" He disappeared, teleporting down to the third floor below. Maintenance robots began to fly in, their alarms going off and their lights flashing red. The flying drones got in Sam's way, their robot arms whipping about to try and pick up as much glass as they could.

From beyond the Ann barrier, the sound of cats meowing could be heard.

@Lucky @Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Space_Candy @PetStore



"All right, Kasey," Rich said. "Help Arthur here while the rest of us board up the exit." Arthur just grit his teeth in response.

"Everyone got it?" Rich asked. "Good."

As Jack moved the civilians out, Rich assisted the others in moving tables up toward the exit so that Natalie could enlarge them. Once he saw that the girl was becoming dizzy, he directed her to get behind the barrier. "Last thing we need is you passing out, so stay safe!"

Once the barrier was complete, Rich yelled for Arthur and Kasey to fall back. Arthur nodded and walked backward while still conjuring wind forward. Once he and Kasey were helped over the barrier by the others, Arthur began to shiver. "I can't hold it any more," he said. He collapsed a moment later and the water began to surge forward. Rich pushed forward with his own conjured burst of wind to buffer their barrier. Soon though, it seemed clear it would not hold for long.

"I-I don't know what to do..." Arthur was shaking his head in defeat. "I don't..."

"Don't worry, I got it," Rich said. He looked to Maia first. "Remind me, are you able to heal fatigue too? If not, it's okay." He then turned to Kasey. "I'm gonna start up an ice storm concentrated on the barrier. Maybe with your crystals, the combination will make something strong enough to hold permanently. Got it?"

The wind Rich was conjuring turned ice cold. Arthur hugged himself, half for the cold, and half for embarrassment over Rich taking the leadership role.

@MaxIrvaron @Redfork2000 @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @FoodCourt
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
This wasn't how she imagined it in her head. Rashida lashed back at the tentacles with her powers to try and push them back. Seeing no other alternative she would try and get closer to the fountain and see if she could figure something out about the water. Unless. "Someone!" Rashida shouted out. "Contact someone! We need to shut the water down! If there's no water it would make our job much easier."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Redfork2000 @Takumi @Fountain




"Oh no the fish!" Ann exclaimed. She had totally forgot about actually saving the pets too. Then she heard some meowing from the other side too. "OH NO THE CATS!" What could she do... "Guys I'm going to try and open a gap between my fingers to let some of the water come out. I...I really don't want to kill any animals in there..."

@Lucky @Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Space_Candy @PetStore
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
The Convergence Series GM
"Oh, God... That takes care of one thing, at least," Ayako grunted, keeping her power active while her hand remained on the machine. Guess she'd have to just keep this on hand for the next few minutes. Fortunately, Ayako at this point had been trained enough in her power that she was able to keep concentrated on her ability for a good while. If she were just starting out as a student, she wouldn't have fared nearly as well at the mere prospect of keeping her power on this long.

However, while it seemed that the others hesitated in the heat of the moment, the young woman clicked her tongue, forced to make a judgment call. There was nothing she could imagine she herself could do about the older gentleman, but that simply meant she had to reach circumstances in which there was something that could be done about it. With the bubble maker still in hand, she looked up toward Sandra -- still trapped and gradually moving closer and closer to the ceiling -- and began to move.

"Hold on, Ms. Cohen!" She called out. Hopping atop a nearby shelf with a quarter of the grace as a cat, the young woman attempted to gain more leverage before jumping up again in hopes of reaching Sandra's airborne position and extending her arm toward the bubble, hoping to graze it with her finger while her negation was still active, and hoping to free the pro hero from her prison!



Kylie gasped out as the wave pulled back, as though reeling away from her and the others who attempted to get Tommy out, though with him safely(ish) tossed out, they could refocus their attention on attempting to get the Courser back under control. Not that she liked Ayako that much, but the blonde girl could only imagine this situation would have been much easier if she were here right about now.

While Kylie struggled to think of how to deal with the mystery Courser as he began to gravitate upward, Wu on the other hand merely adjusted his glasses before narrowing his eyes. This had gone on long enough. These were his pupils, after all, and he had no intention of letting them get hurt any longer.

With that, Wu ceased attempting to cut at the bubble itself. With the Courser exposed from the front, Wu slashed at the air three more times. In accordance, three tears in the air appeared like scissor cuts in a folded piece of paper. One right in front of him, one right in front of the bubble, and one right behind the Courser inside the bubble. From there, the bespectacled young man dashed forward, literally disappearing into the first tear like a doorway, and reappearing from the second. This was his method of teleportation in action, by way of manipulating space. With his momentum still carrying him forward, Wu's body flew through the air toward the Courser, grabbing a hold of him. In a swift movement, the two of them disappeared into the third tear, and finally reappeared safely from the first tear.

In short, the Courser was safely extracted from his airborne bubble and returned to the ground, where Wu attempted to shake him awake. "Alright, kid. Come back to me now. Are you conscious?" He braved to ask.

 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Victor noticed the rogue bubbles first, taking it as a hint on the possible whereabouts of the culprit. He then noticed the man imprisoned by the bubble along with a fellow student trying his best to distract the drone. He spent a second or two trying to think of a possible way to at least try to save the man from being sent into a fatal free-fall. "I must think out of the box this time, should I?" he suggested to himself as he studied the situation at hand as quickly as possible, "The man is stuck in the big bubble... The security drone is at risk of popping that very bubble with its blades... On the other hand, these multiple bubbles might grab more unsuspecting people and send them to their deaths..." his mind expounding the necessary details for him. Within seconds, he came up with a simple plan: to attempt to use his power to move the rogue bubbles and try to save the guy. If the bubbles can hold a person of that size, he could assume with the help of his analysis that they would not pop should he ever channel a mild butterfly effect on the particles in the air to move at least one of them and use it as a tool to save a life... Or at least try to.

Agreeing with his own idea, he walked towards the bubbles, took off his right glove, and pointed towards it, focusing his energy on the air directly around his fingers. He then did a swift gesture with his finger, drawing the shape of a small bullet pointing towards his face, hoping that this would cause the particles in the air to act in a way that will bring the bubbles to get closer to him. In the case of multiple bubbles approaching him, he had the backup plan of either merging them together or destroying them until one remains.

@Yun Lee @Sanity43217 @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Ver @ToyStore
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
From the moment their mission had started, Benny's focus was first and foremost on the safety of the civilians. For the most part, it seemed both himself and his team was doing a good job of freeing anyone in danger and getting others out of harm's way. But the stragglers were still left to deal with, as seen by the old man now in a very dangerous situation.

On instinct, Benny started for Victor to help him, before realizing that he had no way to pop these bubbles without risking himself getting caught. Crap...how was he going to...ha! In the toy store, he would make a quick search for any kind of toy weapon - a plastic sword, a pop gun, even a toy horse! Anything that could be used to combat bubbles with. If successful in his search, Benny would pull a crumbled-up twenty dollar bill on the toy store counter before rushing to Victor's aid, the focus on popping stray bubbles that came his way while his classmate focused on rescuing the civilian.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Sanity43217 @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Ver @Chaos Sphere @ToyStore

---

As usual, there was only so much Melody could do. Her powers left her ill-equipped to do anything about this, their only real use being to take someone down. Fat lot of good touching water would do...all she could do was try and help evacuate civilians others with actually useful powers rescued. That would remain her focus, then, making sure anyone was out of trouble. But hey. At least she was contributing something, right?

@Atomic Knight @MaxIrvaron @Redfork2000 @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @FoodCourt
 

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
The bubble containing Sandra burst upon being touched by Ayako. The Courser dropped with grace, landing into a crouch with ease. Sandra's gaze zeroed in on the last rogue bubbles floating out into the mall, particularly the one that held the man over the sheer drop. Once John caused the security drone to freeze, Sandra shot into the air like a bullet, zooming straight to the man in the bubble. It collapsed upon being impacted by Sandra and she grabbed the man mid-air. She used her momentum to fly to the other side of the mall, landing safely across the gap.

As for the rest of the bubbles, they had been manipulated toward Victor and successfully popped by Benny's quick thinking. It seemed that was it for this particular incident, for at this very moment the source of the destruction was about to be quelled.



Thanks to Wu's powerful Courser abilities, he was able to extract the Courser in the bubble and get him on the ground. As he shook the young man, it was evidently clear that the Courser was unconscious and not going to respond. After a few moments of being outside the protection of the water, the out-of-control powers ended and the water from the nearby fountain splashed back down to the ground, harmless now.

As Tommy was now coming to, Wu decided to call this one in.



Once Wu and his pupils had stopped the Courser at the fountain, the water in the other sections of the mall had stopped rampaging in turn. All teams reported in, learning in short order that not a single civilian was seriously hurt, nor were the animals at the pet store (though it had taken a Courser with an affinity for fish coming in to round the little guys up safely). The Government and more members of the New Guard stepped in to assess what had happened, determining quickly that the one young man, identified only as someone named Brandon, had been the cause for all that had happened. While it was unclear if the man knew he was a Courser, his family had certainly been surprised. The news stories coming out of the incident played it up as a matter of the dangers of when one avoids of proper PEP registration.

As for the students of Arthur Grey's, they were given a week off from any work involving the New Guard as compensation for the unplanned incident. Opinions were mixed on if it had been appropriate for Wu, Sandra, and Jack to let their pupils get involved in the incident, but considering the few amount of Coursers who had been available at the time, the incident had seemed unavoidable in hindsight.

Friday, October 17, 2042

A few days later, activity was in full swing at Arthur Gray's School of Power, for it was none other than the school's autumn festival and students were ushered to participate in the various activities set up around the academy. There were trivia games and information boards designed to get students into the spirit of the season, club stations running activities, probably a few too many carnival games, and food vendors handing out their goods to hungry people. Most of the activities were centered around the school's courtyard, a space enclosed between multiple school buildings and connected to the student garden, where senior students were happily letting others sample some of their fall produce.

All students were free to participate as they pleased, though they needed their ID cards to participate in anything. Th IDs were designed for a variety of purposes, including dorm keys, money holding, password keepers, and interfacing with the technology around the school. Most students found it a little too cold to bother this time of year, holding up inside their dorm rooms instead.

A group of fifteen-year-old boys were chatting amidst the bustle, getting pretty animated over the most minute of subjects. Their conversation turned quickly to roughhousing as one pushed another and provoked the other. The pushed teen's hands started to glow a bright red but he found a large hand gripping his shoulder almost immediately. He turned to find one of the school's security guards, Chris Gill, staring down at him with an intimidating glare. Though the man did not possess any powers of his own, his hulking frame and shaved head was enough to make just about anyone freeze.

"No powers," he said gruffly, releasing the kid's shoulder once he seemed suitably spooked. Chris examined the kid intently, determining that he was probably a first-year. "You are to only use your powers in controlled environments as directed by the faculty. Got that?"

The teen and his friends nodded dumbly, mostly just wanting this guy to leave them alone. Chris watched them as they walked off. Once they had blended into the crowd of students, Chris made sure to report to his fellow security team to keep an eye on them.

For being a school filled with superpowered kids and young adults, there had to be measures in place to ensure the academy did not melt down on a daily basis. Powers were largely prohibited on special days like today and they were certainly not allowed in any of the academic classrooms on any occasion. As powers varied so much, it was largely difficult and rather unfair to pick and choose who had the privilege of using their abilities. The dorms were more free, though they were heavily monitored. It was really only when the students had class time dedicated to their powers or during exams that they could really let loose. Thankfully, Arthur Gray's had Courser faculty on hand who were trained in pacifying students with various kinds of powers in case anything really went wrong.

The school's head, George Alcast, was a powerful telekinetic in his own right, able to read minds and put others to sleep. As a result, there was very, very little that got past him. Every year, the man always began the school year with him addressing the students in the large auditorium, telling them what a privilege it was that they got to attend the academy and how they must work together for a safer, brighter future. It was pretty heavily rumored, especially by the older students, that the man used this opportunity to read everyone's minds at once, or something of that nature.

Tommy, still sore from the injuries he's sustained at the mall a few days prior, mostly stood in the courtyard with his hands in his pockets and looking dully at the other students milling about. He didn't want to get up and move around much, as he knew his body was going to be feeling terrible at lacrosse practice over the weekend. Just about none of what was on offer held much interest for Tommy anyway, though a part of him itched to try the carnival games, considering he was on the competitive side.

And hey, he had to give the school one thing; you really couldn't beat free food.

One student was way ahead of Tommy on the carnival games, however. Ayako, dark haired and blood red eyes, stood flatly at the fishing carnival game. She had some expression on her face that was between blank and irritated, with enough self-awareness to know that she frankly looked a bit ridiculous, just standing there and holding out a fishing pole... trying to fish out plastic fish, and even then, with limited success. She pursed her lips and gave a furrowed brow as she stood by herself, unable to get so much as a nibble. In other words, her otherwise intimidating demeanor was offset by how stupid she felt right now, fishing for fake game.

Some students, like Ayako, felt silly but liked to be a part of the school's community. Some others couldn't stand it. It was days like today that were a bit different for just about everyone.

@MaxIrvaron @Redfork2000 @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Sanity43217 @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Ver
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
The bubble containing Sandra burst upon being touched by Ayako. The Courser dropped with grace, landing into a crouch with ease. Sandra's gaze zeroed in on the last rogue bubbles floating out into the mall, particularly the one that held the man over the sheer drop. Once John caused the security drone to freeze, Sandra shot into the air like a bullet, zooming straight to the man in the bubble. It collapsed upon being impacted by Sandra and she grabbed the man mid-air. She used her momentum to fly to the other side of the mall, landing safely across the gap.

As for the rest of the bubbles, they had been manipulated toward Victor and successfully popped by Benny's quick thinking. It seemed that was it for this particular incident, for at this very moment the source of the destruction was about to be quelled.



Thanks to Wu's powerful Courser abilities, he was able to extract the Courser in the bubble and get him on the ground. As he shook the young man, it was evidently clear that the Courser was unconscious and not going to respond. After a few moments of being outside the protection of the water, the out-of-control powers ended and the water from the nearby fountain splashed back down to the ground, harmless now.

As Tommy was now coming to, Wu decided to call this one in.



Once Wu and his pupils had stopped the Courser at the fountain, the water in the other sections of the mall had stopped rampaging in turn. All teams reported in, learning in short order that not a single civilian was seriously hurt, nor were the animals at the pet store (though it had taken a Courser with an affinity for fish coming in to round the little guys up safely). The Government and more members of the New Guard stepped in to assess what had happened, determining quickly that the one young man, identified only as someone named Brandon, had been the cause for all that had happened. While it was unclear if the man knew he was a Courser, his family had certainly been surprised. The news stories coming out of the incident played it up as a matter of the dangers of when one avoids of proper PEP registration.

As for the students of Arthur Grey's, they were given a week off from any work involving the New Guard as compensation for the unplanned incident. Opinions were mixed on if it had been appropriate for Wu, Sandra, and Jack to let their pupils get involved in the incident, but considering the few amount of Coursers who had been available at the time, the incident had seemed unavoidable in hindsight.

Friday, October 17, 2042

A few days later, activity was in full swing at Arthur Gray's School of Power, for it was none other than the school's autumn festival and students were ushered to participate in the various activities set up around the academy. There were trivia games and information boards designed to get students into the spirit of the season, club stations running activities, probably a few too many carnival games, and food vendors handing out their goods to hungry people. Most of the activities were centered around the school's courtyard, a space enclosed between multiple school buildings and connected to the student garden, where senior students were happily letting others sample some of their fall produce.

All students were free to participate as they pleased, though they needed their ID cards to participate in anything. Th IDs were designed for a variety of purposes, including dorm keys, money holding, password keepers, and interfacing with the technology around the school. Most students found it a little too cold to bother this time of year, holding up inside their dorm rooms instead.

A group of fifteen-year-old boys were chatting amidst the bustle, getting pretty animated over the most minute of subjects. Their conversation turned quickly to roughhousing as one pushed another and provoked the other. The pushed teen's hands started to glow a bright red but he found a large hand gripping his shoulder almost immediately. He turned to find one of the school's security guards, Chris Gill, staring down at him with an intimidating glare. Though the man did not possess any powers of his own, his hulking frame and shaved head was enough to make just about anyone freeze.

"No powers," he said gruffly, releasing the kid's shoulder once he seemed suitably spooked. Chris examined the kid intently, determining that he was probably a first-year. "You are to only use your powers in controlled environments as directed by the faculty. Got that?"

The teen and his friends nodded dumbly, mostly just wanting this guy to leave them alone. Chris watched them as they walked off. Once they had blended into the crowd of students, Chris made sure to report to his fellow security team to keep an eye on them.

For being a school filled with superpowered kids and young adults, there had to be measures in place to ensure the academy did not melt down on a daily basis. Powers were largely prohibited on special days like today and they were certainly not allowed in any of the academic classrooms on any occasion. As powers varied so much, it was largely difficult and rather unfair to pick and choose who had the privilege of using their abilities. The dorms were more free, though they were heavily monitored. It was really only when the students had class time dedicated to their powers or during exams that they could really let loose. Thankfully, Arthur Gray's had Courser faculty on hand who were trained in pacifying students with various kinds of powers in case anything really went wrong.

The school's head, George Alcast, was a powerful telekinetic in his own right, able to read minds and put others to sleep. As a result, there was very, very little that got past him. Every year, the man always began the school year with him addressing the students in the large auditorium, telling them what a privilege it was that they got to attend the academy and how they must work together for a safer, brighter future. It was pretty heavily rumored, especially by the older students, that the man used this opportunity to read everyone's minds at once, or something of that nature.

Tommy, still sore from the injuries he's sustained at the mall a few days prior, mostly stood in the courtyard with his hands in his pockets and looking dully at the other students milling about. He didn't want to get up and move around much, as he knew his body was going to be feeling terrible at lacrosse practice over the weekend. Just about none of what was on offer held much interest for Tommy anyway, though a part of him itched to try the carnival games, considering he was on the competitive side.

And hey, he had to give the school one thing; you really couldn't beat free food.

One student was way ahead of Tommy on the carnival games, however. Ayako, dark haired and blood red eyes, stood flatly at the fishing carnival game. She had some expression on her face that was between blank and irritated, with enough self-awareness to know that she frankly looked a bit ridiculous, just standing there and holding out a fishing pole... trying to fish out plastic fish, and even then, with limited success. She pursed her lips and gave a furrowed brow as she stood by herself, unable to get so much as a nibble. In other words, her otherwise intimidating demeanor was offset by how stupid she felt right now, fishing for fake game.

Some students, like Ayako, felt silly but liked to be a part of the school's community. Some others couldn't stand it. It was days like today that were a bit different for just about everyone.

@MaxIrvaron @Redfork2000 @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Sanity43217 @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Ver
Cain watched as the group of teens made their way past him and into the crowds, quietly watching them with a lazy gaze with his hands in the pockets of his hoodie as he then glanced at the rows of food stalls with every intent of getting something to eat. It was, ultimately, the main reason he hadn't hid away in his dorm room to relax and maybe sleep. Free food was free food and was always welcome. So, he made his way to the line of the nearest food stall like he was a magnet being pulled.



"Hey, you have any luck yet?" Came the voice of Dakari as he took a look at Ayako's attempt at one of the many carnival games set up for the day. He didn't have any interest in trying this particular carnival game himself, but if Ayako wanted the encouragement he'd give it. He waa pretty sure she wouldn't want or need a cheerleader on her corner but he had nothing better to do at the moment.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Jeremi @Crunch @Everyone
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
A lone Viktor Elroy can be seen surveying the carnival games, hoping to come across a game that would catch his interest. Since his phone is currently on charge after a long gaming session spent completely alone in his dorm room, he had no choice but to pass time by taking part in the 'circus fun' offered by the school's autumn festival. For a few seconds, he decided to pause and look around to check for any nearby colleague... None present for now, but he won't be surprised if one bumps into him soon. He continues to survey the games with the hopes of finding one worth his time.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @MaxIrvaron @Yun Leen @Space_Candy @Capri @Jeremi @Sark @Takumi @EveryoneElse
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
The Convergence Series GM
"Haah?" Ayako uttered with a blink as Dakari approached her from the side, interrupting her... not stimulating fishing session. Her expression was initially cold and almost a bit inhospitable, but seemed to soften up a bit once she saw it was Dakari. Ayako's general personality had always ensured that she often kept others at arm's length, but well, it was hard to hate someone like Dakari, even for someone like Ayako.

With a soft breath, she pursed her lips curtly. "Not really. I caught a really small one, but I didn't really like him, so I let him back in. Problem is, I've been standing here so long, I think all of them are too smart to take the bait now," she pouted irritably. Not that fish had particularly long memory spans, but that was how it worked, right? Whatever the case, it remained that, no, she was not having much luck.

"Might just cut my losses and do something else," the girl said, using her free hand to run a hand through her hair. "... What about you?"

@Takumi @Anybody
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
The blonde wasn't at all bothered by the look Ayako had threw his way almost immediately in response to his question, simply giving her a friendly smile even as her gaze seemed to soften the slightest bit from it's initial irritation and something he didn't quite catch. Sometimes he thought it was nice to have a friendly face around, besides there was no point in being upset on a day like today when you can relax for the most part.

Dakari couldn't help the chuckle at Ayako's claim that the fish were avoiding her, from there he tilted his head and rubbed the back of his neck. He almost felt bad for laughing, even if it wasn't at her, but he guessed that it'd make sense that the fish would avoid her or anybody really.

"Hm, maybe try recasting if you hadn't already?" He offered, giving a slight shrug. He figured his suggestion could work if what they said about fish was true about their attention span. Though when she mentioned doing something else and asked about him he perked up.

"I actually hadn't seen too many games that caught my eye, but you didn't seem to be having much fun over here with the fish." He answered, though eyed the lines for the food stalls.

"Food sounds pretty good though, if you want some too?" He nodded towards the lines in question before glancing to his fellow superpowered student.

@Ver @Anybody
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
The Convergence Series GM
"Sure, whatever. Beats just standing here like a tool," Ayako grunted at the prospect of getting food with Dakari, giving a noncommital shrug. It wasn't that she was particularly trying to be unfriendly if the boy would decide to interpret it that way; it was simply how she was. In the many years Ayako had been a part of the class, she had never been particularly sociable, after all. Even now, hardly anyone knew very much about her, an almost impressive gesture after all these years, but it was by design, after all.

Tossing the fishing pole aside, the girl held her hands behind her back, looking idly toward Dakari as they walked together. "Buying me dinner, huh? What's next, you're gonna buy me a little stuffed animal from the claw game?" She teased with a droll voice, though what was even the purpose of her words, not even she could really say.

@Takumi @Anybody
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Dakari laughed as they walked, taking her teasing in stride as they made their way towards one of the lines side by side, hands in his jacket pockets for the moment.

"I just might try, if you really want one. Can't promise I'll have much luck, though." He teased back with a toothy grin accompanying his words. That type of thing was always in the movies, though he never had the strongest urge to try such a game himself. Besides from what he knew it was just about as frustrating as the fish game had been for her.

@Ver
 
Top