Rorshach's Journal

You're locked in here with me.
You were part of an eight-person team, manning an outpost as close to the surface as the council decreed safe. No light filtered into the underground, anymore - not since the sun went blotted and the moon remained frozen and present in the sky. Five generations of pale children, and your race still holds against the creatures that emerged in the dark.

Your job was simple: hold the line. Communicate once every three rotations. Check in with other outposts, and hold the caves against whatever would stalk your race into the deep and warm. Fix the sensors, patrol the cavern mouths, re-establish the only early warning system - the only lifeline - that your race has left.

Except, this rotation, something is off. Sensors start to malfunction. Another outpost, closer to the surface than your own, has gone dark. If you listen when on shift, you can hear the growling - quiet, distant, but echoing in the caves.

Something moves in the dark, something unlike anything documented.

What will you do?

---

I've had this dumb idea for a while now, of doing a pretty small group RP about a distant history where humanity has retreated underground, fleeing predators that hunt by daylight. It's mostly inspired by Pitch Black, except nobody gets to be Riddick. It'd be limited science fiction - the world went dark about 50 years from now - but mostly horror-themed, about the tension that comes from not being able to see your enemy.

Anyone down?

Sounds pretty awesome. Kudos to Tiko for sending me your way (I had a similar idea about a sci-fi rp)

I hope you flesh this out into a full-fledged rp ^^

That's four confirmed! That's more than enough to actually start. I'll leave this up for a bit still in case we get more biters.

Back