Interest Check [Scifi][Nation RP]Stellar Empires 6; The Fettered Stars

Kadaeux

Universe Crafter
Welcome.

Welcome, a word loaded with meaning yet committing to none. One might as well describe sunlight to a subsurface invertebrate. A word that has been used to welcome one as family, or in the moments before betrayal and one gets stabbed in the back. And so, it is with this ambiguous greeting that I too welcome you, Kings and Emperors, Presidents and more. Children of the Fettered Stars, born to this small cluster of stars at the edge of the galaxy. You have been left as others have, to rise from your primordial beginnings and make that first clutching grasp for stars that do not belong to you.

Some of you have risen before and been put down. For others this is your first rising from the mire of anonymity. Clutching hollow faith in the stars that you have neighboured. Well that is enough of that. You are all children.

You rise because we allow it.

You reach for the stars because we choose not to slap down your primitive outstretched hands.

You exist because it amuses us to permit it so that your petty natures may bring us a modicum of amusement.

And if you wrong us.

You will die because we command it.

Welcome to the Interest check thread for the Fettered Stars, an RP where you represent an entire nation, from its mightiest leaders to its smallest citizens, you will be responsible for the direction your nation takes, rises or falls. You will face all manner of threats, dangers and risks. From the other player nations to the powers of the Greater Galaxy (other NPC nations), you will face the dangers of simple random chance and events you could not have plotted for (such as pirate raiders, or a Coronal mass ejection for examples).

And most of all. You will face the consequences of your own actions. Did you have a family of thieves put to death for trying to feed themselves? Their deaths sparking a minor uprising that will need to be dealt with. Did you neglect to harden protections after a shipment of antimatter was stolen by terrorists? Did you watch Aliens Got Talent without the goggles protecting you from the Mind-Breakers if Mindoi? Your actions will have consequences, good and bad.

And at the end of this post are the direct rules used for building your nation.

These rules can significantly effect matters within your nation. A nation with the trait Crimeless is mostly immune to random events sourced in criminal origins. Another with the trait We See All may see external events coming sooner than another nation. One with Fanatical Loyalty might see the population spontaneously host parades to your magnificence.

But no nations are without flaws. And, as do traits, they can have a severe effect on random events (and even the outcome of normal interactions). A nation with the flaw Delectable may find more frequent pirate raids to capture your delicious citizens. The flaw Starfleet Curiosity may lead to ships going missing when they go to poke a stick at weird space phenomena. Or the flaw Revolutionaries which may result in periodic terrorist attacks on your rule. Or "Critical Dice Roll Failure" which is literally asking for punishment (basically, a negative random event is always worse for a nation with it than without.)

Link to a PDF File of the rules.

Excellent to hear. I'm hoping to get at least six people, but fortunately "space is big" so all else fails it can still run and people can join in-progress :D

Hey, just a reach out. Given the scope of your roleplay, and the multiple nations, if you would like we could get this setup as an epic roleplay if you where interested. Would give you a bit more flexibility with sorting threads into sub-forums and what not.

hey we need to come up with our own solar system too yeah?

Bearing in mind the details provided in the "Nation Territory" section yes. (And of course bearing in mind the limits of physics, when I say industrialised asteroid belt, I mean like our Asteroid belt, not like Star Wars or Trek's chaotic dense fields ;) )

Bearing in mind the details provided in the "Nation Territory" section yes. (And of course bearing in mind the limits of physics, when I say industrialised asteroid belt, I mean like our Asteroid belt, not like Star Wars or Trek's chaotic dense fields ;) )
no lie I had read your doc till like the last little bit before I came over to ask about it, tabbed back and scrolled down and then rubbed my forehead.

no lie I had read your doc till like the last little bit before I came over to ask about it, tabbed back and scrolled down and then rubbed my forehead.

No worries. It's probably the only mechanic in there nestled in a paragraph.

Back