Seeking Guardians for Care of New Species

Greetings, Guardian Candidate:

My name is Dr. James Kavortaine and as you have received this letter, you have at least a passing interest in this idea.

Some background then. I found a rather odd cube in the Foundation Stones on the Plains of Darshul. This was the first of several I have picked up since. I have dubbed them "Boxes of Nothing" or the Kuhaku-Mune; Kū for short. I hypothesize they formed from a collapsing star as the neutrinos left the core, though that is speculation. After some experimentation, I found the Ku was a carbon-base and likely held the components for life. It starts as a 6x6x6cm cube, though it grows with every additional object it absorbs. This box is unopenable.; not even the strongest of machines can pry it open. However, it has small, snake-like designs covering the surface. If looked at in the correct light, the box's designs seemed to slither about the box.
By almost complete accident, I discovered that the Ku could absorb something I call an Essence; a manifestation of a concept or idea. The Essence could be tainted by death or purified by life, but in any case, the phenomenon becomes some sort of related object that the Ku can absorb. It is unknown how many Essences there are or how they are formed; I'm looking into it.
Sometimes the best discoveries are accidental and in place of another failure. That’s how I discovered the Soul aspect that the Ku needed. A Soul is a body that the Ku absorbs to fulfill the second requirement. However, the Soul cannot be specific. It is more an idea than a named being. My associate, Dr Charles London, had explained the three requirements for sentient life; The abilities to Think, Feel and Act. I figured that the Essence was the Think, and so the Soul was to Feel. So then, how does one Act?
Later, after testing, I recognized that the Ku needed something named a LifeGem that’s structural makeup added the rest of the needed minerals to the Ku for it to have all the components for sentient life. All that was left to do was wait. And lo and behold, one day the Ku broke apart, “hatching” into what I named an “Eidolon-Makai."
I hypothesize there are more stages of the Eidolon-Makai, however it needs further study. There is a Advancement/Growth chart I have developed for measuring a Guardian or Eidolon-Makai's maturation. That document is available if requested.

Now then, to where a Guardian is needed. I need Guardians that are willing to help me with my studies of the Eidolon-Makai. That is to say; find a compatible Essence / Soul / LifeGem combination, take care of the components and the later Eidolon-Makai and report back to the Lab while at Events or an Appointment. My associate, Dr Kailey Barton, and I have also found that items called Artifacts can be useful to Guardians as a way to channel their growth. I am uncertain if Artifacts work with Eidolon-Makai, but I would presume it wouldn't matter.

Our world of Arthe'hron is vast and expansive; there is plenty to do and much to see. Granted, it's a bit different from the normal settings, yet it has it's endearing qualities. The journey is there; it is up to the Guardian to make it happen.

If you have questions, feel free to message me and I'll reply as soon as I am able. My credentials are also available when requested.

The Lab has a Discord server for announcements and the like if desired.

Best Regards,

James D. Kavortaine

PS: This is sort of a re-post of an earlier attempt to get this off the ground. If needed, that post is here: https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/romenyth-labs-a-changing-evolving-companion-idea.1834/, though this is a bit out of date.

Last edited:
Back