Server Move Announcement

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
This is a brief update to forewarn everyone that we will be moving the site to a new server sometime between today, and the 16th. The new server will provide better efficiency at a greatly reduced price from our current one, so it's a win all around.

As of yet we don't have a precise date or time for when the site will be moved across outside of the above window of time, but as soon as we do have this information I will post an update in this thread accordingly. We will do our best to offer as much notice as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our users.

The move itself should be brief when it occurs, but some people may find that they will be unable to access the website for several hours, or up to 1-2 days (unusual, but can happen) as it can take time for the DNS propagation to spread its way across the interwebs. This may result in some people being able to access the site, while others can't yet. This is normal during server moves. Just be patient and check back every few hours.

In the meanwhile feel free to continue posting and roleplaying as normal. All content will be backed up and safely moved to the new server when the time comes.

It's looking likely that the site move will occur tomorrow, September 15th. As Dashmiel and I will both be at work, this could result in a slightly longer downtime than originally estimated (depending on what time of day the move occurs). If this should happen, please be patient and rest assured that we'll be back up and running as soon as able.

If we're lucky it'll happen early in the day before I leave for work, or later in the evening once Dashmiel is home from work to reactivate the site immediately after the move and it won't be an issue, but if it happens later in the afternoon, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may cause.

Last edited:
The move to the new server went off without a hitch, and the transition was pretty much seamless. :) Everything should be in order now.

Back