Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM
Premise:

Gotham-City-gotham-city-14292638-806-444.jpg

A sinister ploy is taking shape in Gotham City. Where else but Gotham? In its dark alleyways and whose protector dresses as a huge bat. The city is ripe with crime and Bane is about to capitalize. Thanks to an unknown benefactor the master criminal Bane has gained access to technology that allows him to access the multiverse. He’s been tasked to put it to use by bringing in a group of people from all over the multiverse for a mysterious task in exchange for full control of the device.

Bane on the other hand has other plans. He only complied with the plan so that he could figure out how he could wrestle control over the technology for his own and eliminate the benefactor at the same time. With the Bat and the Justice League off world, will Bane’s ambitions only confine him to Gotham or will he grasp even further to leave the entire Earth in peril?

That’s where you come in.

Hello and welcome to the sign-ups for Shadow Over Gotham! One of hopefully many more in the Convergence Series! While this is mainly a fandom centric rp OCs are welcome as well! First, some rules.

Rules

1. Please be respectful towards everyone. As the GM my word is law, but I imagine there wont be a lot of problems.

2. This should be a given, but no godmodding / metagaming!

3. Players of all posting levels are welcome here. That being said, please at least put something whenever you make a post. You can also use images if you want, but keep in mind in that case that I'd like as little IC posts being nothing but image spam or so as possible. Speaking of image spam, please only post a maximum of three images / GIFs per post in order to not flood the page with images that make it harder to load.

4. I plan to go for a quick pace, so it might be beneficial to seek out other users to be your "posting partners" so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is very much recommended just so that you or your fellow rpers don’t accidentally fall behind. This is actually very important. It's fine (and encouraged) to only keep up with a few characters / players for the majority of the game, as that is far easier than trying to keep tabs on everyone. Summaries and important GM posts will be made prominent.

5. Please post once a chapter. Chapters will generally last from a few days up to a week, so you'll hopefully have time. Not doing so will result in your character possibly being removed from the game. At the very least, PM me if anything comes up and I'll do my best to keep you around.

With that out of the way here’s the character sheet! As mentioned fandom and OCs are equally welcome to join! I will however if anyone wants to rp a duo limit them to only five people if they wish to have one. This is mainly so that I as the GM will have an easier time to know where every character is at any given time.

The roleplay will start on Saturday on the 18th.

Character sheet

Appearance: Self-explanatory. Just a picture is fine.

Name: What is your character's name? Do they generally go by an alias / nickname?

Canon: What does your character originate from? Or if original character just say OC.

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: What is your character capable of, and if they have notable items they carry around, like weapons, is there anything special about them? In any case, even just a Wiki link is fine.

Short Bio: What is your character's backstory in a nutshell leading up to how they came to come here? Once again, pretty much just a Wiki link is acceptable.

Other Info: Optional. Just basically any extra info you feel is necessary that I as the GM should know about.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask and I’ll try to reply to the best of my ability! While I’ll be putting up an OOC thread for the rp once it starts the Convergence Series also has a Discord group if you wish to converse there!

Cast list:

@Atomic Knight as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Trixie (MLP:FiM)
@BarrenThin as Kroq-Gar (Warhammer)
@belVita as Stanley Burrell (Hammerman)
@Bomb as Gnar (League of Legends)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben10)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as John Connor (Terminator)
@Gummi Bunnies as Goro Majima (Yakuza)
Josh as Manchester Black (Superman vs the Elite)
@Kaykay as Soujirou Mibu (Kajiri Kamui Kagura)
@Kentucky as Agent K (Blade Runner 2049)
@Lucky as Corey Bryant and Mason Hewitt (Teen Wolf)
@Minerva as Ann Takamaki/Panther (Persona 5)
@Neko Shogun as Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
@Okami as SCP-682 (Haunted Reader AU)
@Takumi as Bishamon (Norigami)
@Sen as Vel'Koz (League of Legends)
@ThatAverageGuy as Jimmy (South Park)
@thatguyinthestore as Harper Row (DC Comics)
@Ver as Aoko Aozaki (Type-Moon)
@Widowmaker as Dante (Devil May Cry)
@York as Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
@Yun Lee as SeeU (Vocaloid)
@Zireael as Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher)

Duos
1/5​

Last edited:

latest

Name: SeeU

Canon:
Vocaloid

Powers/Abilities/Equipment
http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/SeeU
As she is from Miku's world, she has similar abilities. SeeU is an android that was built for entertainment. She doesn't need to eat or breathe, but she does need to recharge before 72 hours are up. Failure to do so will mean she collapses, and will be useless until a full recharge.

SeeU is a Vocaloid 3 model, meaning she is built with some special features. Those cat ears on her head are actually speakers that can amplify sound-if SeeU chooses to scream, they'll let out a small sound blast that can push someone back from her. It's rather weak, since it wasn't built for such a purpose, and is only good for close range. SeeU is also stronger and faster than your average teenager, as she is an android built to dance and sing.

Bio: SeeU was built three years after Miku in order to appeal to the Korean fans and your standard Vocaloid fans. Given a bilingual voicebank and a cute cat-inspired design, SeeU has something of an optimistic, energetic personality. However, as tensions flare between Japan and Korea, SeeU was not nearly as popular as Miku, or many other Vocaloids. As a result, SeeU is a bit too eager to please, as a small inferiority complex at her low rankings on polls fuels an almost desperate desire to be loved and cared about.

Other Info: SeeU is from the same canon as Miku in Genesis-she's an android just like Miku was. Like Miku, she's not actually 17-she's about 6, but given the appearance and mentality of a 17-year-old.​

Last edited:

"Hear me, Lord of All Creation. I announce, in my name representing order, everything will be corrected. Order has now fallen."

aoko3.png

Name

Aoko Aozaki

Presumably late 20s

Canon

1200px-_Type-moon.svg.png

Powers / Abilities / Equipment

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Aoko_Aozaki#Abilities

A lot of crazy shit, essentially. But she'll hold back, because she's just that nice.

Short Bio

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Aoko_Aozaki

It's complicated. She was generally on her merry way traveling around the world, as per her job with the Mage's Association, and when she hopped off her last train, she happened upon Gotham. That's how I put it three years ago, anyway.

Other Info

Lore important character coming through. Is totally gonna be best buds with @Klutzy Ninja Kitty's character, hopefully.​

Last edited:

"Look, nobody says Jotaro Kujo is a nice guy. . .

"I beat the crap out of more people than I have to. Some are still in the hospital. There's plenty of teachers that got on my bad side and never came back to class. And, hey, I make it a policy not to pay if I don't like a meal. . .but even a guy like me can spot evil when he sees it."

"Evil is when you use the weak for your own gain, and crush them under your foot. And that's exactly what you've done, isn't it? You must think that Stand allows you to avoid laws and consequences, don't you.."

"In that case, I'll judge you myself."

View attachment 1638

Name
Jotaro Kujo

Canon
View attachment 1639

Powers / Abilities / Equipment

STAND

[ Star Platinum ]
View attachment 1641

Star Platinum is what is known as a Stand - the will and fighting spirit of an individual made manifest. They are non-character beings that are bound to their user to act as 'guardian spirits', physically standing (or floating) by their user and moving with their every thought. Stands are notable for possessing powerful, bizarre abilities that grant their user a powerful edge in combat - ranging from manifesting fire from thin air, repairing objects with a single piece, or bending the rules of time itself.

These abilities can be considered Jotaro's own powers, which he utilizes through the use of his Stand.

Superhuman Strength - Star Platinum possesses immense strength, being able to throw a Jeep carrying four men and a girl out of the path of an 18-wheeler with one hand, later pulling the same Jeep out of a canyon with only a car as a counter-weight, and destroy large artificial diamonds within seconds.

Superhuman Speed and Precision - Star Platinum boasts phenomenal speed and precision, it was able to catch a bullet fired from point-blank range mid-air with it's thumb and forefinger, and is stated to exceed the speed of light. It can surgically remove an object embedded in a person's skull without ill effect, and can restart a human's heart through manual pumping.

Superhuman Eyesight - Jotaro has used Star Platinum's eyes to see four kilometers across a desert, as well as identify meaningful details, such as a specific type of fly in high-resolution images. It can also follow a card shuffle performed by a professional gambler, subsequently recounting the entire new order of the deck.

Star Finger
- Star Platinum can forcibly extend its middle and index fingers to a length of one or two meters, allowing it to perform sneak attacks and stab opponents from afar. However, Jotaro often forgets his Stand has this ability.

Time Stop / Star Platinum: The World - When activated, Star Platinum is able to halt the flow of time for a brief moment, causing everything around him to appear frozen in place. During this time lapse, Jotaro is able to interact with any object or person within his range. He is unable to use the ability consecutively, requiring a few seconds in between usage. As he is in his prime, the time-stop lasts for a maximum of 5 seconds (relative to Jotaro himself).

Short Bio
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Jotaro_Kujo/History

It's real bizarre.

Jotaro would be taken three years after the events of Stardust Crusaders, during his third or fourth year in college. A mysterious force drags him out from his normal life against his will!

Appearance:
latest

Name:
Hero name: FastPass

Canon: South Park

Powers/abilities/equipment:
He is able to run at insanely fast speeds despite being crippled. The only equipment he has is his crutches he uses to help get around.

Short bio:
His insane speed is the result of bionic implants.

Other info: occasionally stutters.

Last edited:
Appearance:
97718-original.jpg

Name: Corey Bryant

Canon: Teen Wolf

Powers / Abilities / Equipment:

Super Strength: When Corey accepted that he was a Chimera, Corey started experimenting with Mason what he could do. He first tried working out in the gym by chest pressing 400 pounds.
Camouflage: After being experimented on by the Dread Doctors, Corey eventually developed the ability to camouflage himself with his surroundings. This is unlike invisibility as he requires a solid surface to camouflage himself to.[1]
Accelerated Healing: He heals at a faster rate than most humans ( able to mostly heal from a burn within a few days after enough days past.

Short Bio: Corey Bryant

Other Info: This version is post series/ post season 6. He is in a relationship with Mason Hewitt.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance:

Name: Mason Hewitt

Canon: Teen Wolf

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: Finding Corey due to a refraction of light against his silhouette ( though it is impossible for anyone else to do.)
- Extremely observant
- Intelligent.
- Gifted in research and is a fast problem solver.

Short Bio: Mason Hewitt

Other Info: Like Corey, he shall be taken post Series/ Post season 6. He is in a relationship with Corey Bryant.

View attachment 1674

"Before you stands

Name
: The Great and Powerful Trixie!

Please do hold your applause,"

Canon: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: Being a unicorn, Trixie is naturally adept in the magical field of telekinesis, and is freely able to move anything a person of reasonable strength would be able to move simply by willing it so. Although she struggles with more advanced spellcraft, such as transmutation and teleportation, Trixie is still a talented magician. With decks of cards, smoke bombs, magic wands, fancy hats and plenty of bunnies up her sleeve, Trixie's done it all in the name of entertainment and fame, and has stood her own against danger with her craftiness and quick-thinking.

Bio: The Great and Powerful Trixie

Other Info: As of season 6 and 7, Trixie has gained a sizeable amount of extra screentime, and as a result, much more characterization. As such, I'll be roleplaying Trixie as she is in season 7.

Last edited:
Appearance:

Gnar_0.jpg

Name: Gnar

Age: Very old in terms of time, but approx. 4 years in terms of physical age.

Canon: League of Legends

Gnar carries with him a bone boomerang.

When Gnar gets mad enough, he transforms into Mega-Gnar, and if you've seen Attack on Titan, beware.

latest

While in Mini-Gnar form, Gnar has access to the following abilities:
Boomerang Throw - Tosses his boomerang in a straight line, eventually returning it to him.

Hyper - Hitting an enemy consecutively, after the third attack, deals more damage, and Gnar gets hyped up and gains a speed bonus.

Hop - Gnar hops to a location, and if he lands on a person/enemy/whatevs, he bounces off them, gaining extra distance.

While in Mega-Gnar form, Gnar has access to the following abilities:

Boulder Toss - Instead of a boomerang, Mega Gnar tosses a boulder, dealing quite alot of damage.

Wallop - Mega Gnar reels up on its hind legs, and smashing an area in front of him, stunning them.

Crunch - Mega Gnar hops to an area... and literally wrecks the area.

GNAR! - Mega Gnar sweeps the area around him to a specific direction, and if the enemies hit a wall or other solid object, they take more damage and is also stunned.

Short Bio: Gnar is an ancient Yordle who was frozen in ice for a long time. Breaking out of the ice, Gnar sees that the entire world has changed... but he doesn't care. He's here to have fun :)

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Gnar

As well as how Gnar got here, a summoner done fucked up at Summoner's Rift.

Other Info: Don't give Gnar 9 cats.​

Appearance:

12976385_214031278988191_912668566_n.jpg

Name: Bishamon

Canon: Noragami

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: Bishamon is a god of war, and has many Shinki at her disposal to help her exorcise and destroy Ayakashi with an ability called Ruin. She also has the ability to (likely) teleport from her shrines domain to the world of the living. Her range of Shinki vary, and due to having so many, she has some that she uses as her Main Shinki; some being a earring used to track and aim at enemies, two guns, a whip, a broad sword, battle attire, etc. She'd likely only use one of her Regalia in this situation given the opportunity.

Short Bio: http://noragami.wikia.com/wiki/Bishamonten

Other Info: Taken around late season 1/early season 2.

Last edited:
e319bd73d2fce6be04896b370aaaa18465bac0f7_hq.jpg

-Name-
Goro Majima
"Mad Dog of Shimano"

-Age-

-Canon-
Yakuza

-Powers / Abilities / Equipment-
Majima relies on usage of melee weapons and his agility in combat, primarily resorting to a worn out metal bat and a short blade as his go-to weapons which he carries around. He has four different fighting styles that he utilizes in combat.
tumblr_oz66llvCPm1v3qowuo4_250.png
[Thug Style]: Primarily focuses on sneak attacks and the usual streetfighting tricks.
tumblr_oz66llvCPm1v3qowuo3_250.png
[Slugger Style]: Utilizes a weapon-based focus for combat, specifically most seen with a metal bat.
tumblr_oz66llvCPm1v3qowuo1_250.png
[Breaker Style]: Adapts breakdancing into a rather erratic form of combat.​
tumblr_oz66llvCPm1v3qowuo2_250.png
["Mad Dog of Shimano" Style]: Combines aspects from the previous three styles (the trickery of Thug, familiarity of weapons with Slugger, and erratic speedy movements of Breaker), which leads to this final fighting style being his primary form of combat later on in the series.

-Short Bio-
http://yakuza.wikia.com/wiki/Goro_Majima
(Taken from the beginning of Y1, right before the time-skip within this game)

-Other Info-
If space is available and I decide on it, possibly considering a duo between Majima and Kiryu. :3​

Last edited:
pPqlI6o.png

"It's hero time!"

Name:
Benjamin Kirby "Ben" Tennyson

Canon:
M5Zy010.jpg

Ben Tennyson has access to the Omnitrix, said by many to be the universe's most powerful device. It is able to transform him into a wide variety of sentient lifeforms, most(in this case, all) of which are alien to earth.
So far, he's unlocked about twenty, as named below...

Heatblast
Wildmutt
Diamondhead
Fourarms
XLR8
Grey Matter
Upgrade
Stinkfly
Ripjaws
Ghostfreak (High risk)
Cannonbolt
Wildvine
Upchuck
Benwolf
Benmummy
Benvicktor
Ditto
Eye Guy
Way Big

Information on these 19 forms can be found here.

In addition to these forms, it is possible for the Omnitrix to scan DNA and unlock new forms, but only if the DNA holder in question is making contact with the Omnitrix's faceplate.

The Omnitrix can only select one form, and needs to time-out before another form can be selected. During this time-out period, the current transformation wears off and the Omnitrix must recharge before it can be used for transformation once more.

Short Bio:
It started when an alien device did what it did.
Seconds up upon his wrist with secrets that it hid.
He's got superpowers
He's no ordinary kid
He's Ben 10.

Other Info:
This Ben will ultimately become the Ben who appears in The Time Crisis.
During the course of the Roleplay, Ben might unlock Feedback, Arctiguana, Spitter and (while not too likely) Clockwork.
Timeline-wise, this Ben is taken from somewhere after the events of the Destroy All Aliens movie and prior to the first of the 11-year old Omniverse flashbacks.​

Last edited:
Appearance:
latest

Name:
Hero name: FastPass

Canon: South Park

Powers/abilities/equipment:
He is able to run at insanely fast speeds despite being crippled. The only equipment he has is his crutches he uses to help get around.

Short bio:
His insane speed is the result of bionic implants.

Other info: occasionally stutters.

Keep in mind that in universe the kids are playing pretend, so he doesn't technically have said powers.

officer-k.jpg

Name: Officer KD6-3.7 / Officer K

Mental and Physical Age: Early to mid 30s

Actual Age: Unknown

Canon: Blade Runner 2049

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: As he is a replicant, K has superior strength and superior speed to a human. He follows the instructions of his superiors to a T. He carries the LAPD 2019 Blaster as his sidearm. His fighting style is nothing special; he fights like anyone else, just with a harder hitting punch.

Short Bio: Officer K was transported to Gotham just moments before the start of Blade Runner 2049.

tumblr_nmo1ze7GUD1qa6mj3o10_500.gif

"Knowledge through... disintegration."

Name:
Vel'Koz

Canon:
Some dumb game called League of Legends.

Power / Abilities:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Vel'Koz/Abilities

Short Bio:​
A tentacled horror of the Void, Vel'Koz explores Runeterra and beyond with singular purpose: to absorb all knowledge. With his unceasing gaze, Vel'Koz fires disintegrating beams that obliterate and analyze all in his path, feeding him vast quantities of information. None know why he requires such material, though some speculate he seeks to understand Runeterra and the world in order to hasten its ruin.

I'd personally find it funnier if he was still playing pretend, but I'm fine with him having the powers for real as well.
we're all playing pretend, he's the only one with real superpowers.

its like watchmen

Back