Interest Check Shadows of the Past / Tapestry of the Ages (Fantasy Roleplay Ideas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
So I've been kicking around the idea of starting up another roleplay, and I have two old concepts that never really came to fruition. Thinking about dusting one off and giving it a spin. So this is just to see which idea/concept would garner more interest. Once I settle on one I'll get more thorough information posted.

Shadows of the Past: This roleplay would be following a group of retired adventurer/hero sorts who are past their prime who have to contend with the consequences of their actions from years past coming back to haunt them.

Tapestry of the Ages: This roleplay would follow a concept of heroes being reincarnated throughout history at key points of turmoil. In an attempt to tip the scales between good and evil, an evil entity makes moves to wipe out an entire generation of would be reincarnated heroes before they could become adults. Roleplay would follow the handful of survivors who have no knowledge of their former lives, but have all the makings of rising to a heroic calling in a world where good vs evil has been tipped in the favor of evil.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm still planning to run one of these, and since both seem to be garnering a lot of attention I think I'm going to go with Tapestry of the Ages because it'll be an easier premise to bring people into. The other one would be fun but involve coordinating everyone into a shared joint history and maintaining years of knowledge of each others characters which can get tricky to manage in groups of players unfamiliar with writing together. So I'll shelf that one for a future project :)

I'll see about getting a preliminary write-up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back