Shall We Adventure Together? Multi-genre, multi-ideas

SilentVoice

Hello, hello. Please forgive me if this is a little scattered as this is my first request thread, but I shall try to be concise.

About my Roleplay!
I will keep this simple. I can play multiple characters, any gender, any race, and so forth. I like to push the envelope with characters and strive to make them believable. Whether they be some kind of grand superhero or a meek little mouse or an apparent Mary-Sue.
In the romantic realm, I prefer MxF. I don't do heavy smut or continuous sex scenes. Most of the time I prefer fade to black or similar, but I'm not completely opposed to playing it out. Everything has its place, but too much wears thin.
In anything, plot and characters come first and foremost. That said, I'm not opposed to developing a setting then building the characters and plot around it. I'll do pretty much any genre or plot, but my biggest weakness is mystery and the spy type. Not because I don't want to, I'm just not that good at developing a well planned out clever mystery. I'm better at the spy type, but still shaky. Returning to plots, I prefer a more open-world idea than a step-by-step plan, but every story needs some kind of plot or plan to at least get it started.
2 sentences or 200, size doesn't matter to me as much as quality. If you're describing a massive battle, I'll expect something longer, but if your character and my character are having a conversation about where to go for lunch, one-two sentence answers are perfectly understandable. The point being, as long as you give me something to work with, I don't care how long or short your posts are.

My ideas!

All of these ideas are negotiable, debatable, and if you have some spin-off idea of your own, hit me! Many of them have the potential to be romantic or not, so pick your poison.

A few hundred years from now, give or take, the asteroid belt is a major vacation destination, a sort of Vegas of the cosmos. Everything goes here, and every dark vice and desire is pandered to. The only thing frowned upon is anything that might hurt tourism and business, and of course outright murder - if you are caught. What better place for a PI to make a bit of cash? Lost husbands, runaway children, and cheats trying to avoid paying the piper. Not exactly glamorous work, but it pays the bills, and who knows what kind of trouble one might stir up? (This one I have the setting in mind more firmly than a plot beyond I would play a PI, but plot possibilities are nearly endless!)

A young man is absolutely convinced aliens are in charge and controlling humans. He came to this "revelation" after a head injury he claims reset his brain. Everyone else says it's just the damaged part bringing out the paranoia. He refuses to believe this, as is proven what he writes in his journal: "Life seemed completely normal, but the thing is that I believed they were observing me because I was in a play. We all were. Every alien was assigned a human, when that human was born, the script for the play was imprinted in their brain and so we would live our lives for the entertainment of our designated alien that would watch us in some sort of theater." Is he right? Or is it a story his mind came up to cope with the pain? (I don't actually know these answers)

Space! The final frontier! Okay, yeah, not a Star Trek rip off, but it kind of is in a way. A race of aliens - the Zebek - are observers of the universe. They send out ships to observe other parts of the universe, galaxies that may know of the existence of aliens or they might not. One such young Zebek has just graduated from the academy along with his best friend, the only human to ever live among the Zebek. They are scheduled to board their own vessel to go explore the universe on their first mission, but they still need at least one (or two) crewmember(s) to fill out their crew.

There is a land very far from ours, and yet not far at all. It lies across the plane in the neighboring dimension. Here there be Dragons, Elves, and all manner of Faerie Folk. These people and creatures believe our world to be a fantasy, a faerie tale told to children. They lived in harmony, more or less, governed by the wisdom of the Dragons. Some dragons were good. Others, not so good, but they all understood the need for Balance in power.
One, however, sees no need for Balance and craves to rule this land for himself!
The wizard Malthazar waited patiently for many years, hidden in the shadows, gaining strength an power. At last, he was ready! The evil wizard opened a rift between our world and theirs, casting the dragons into our world. All was panic and chaos as the surprised dragons and humans found themselves at war.
Once the humans had recovered from the surprise "attack" of the dragons, they launched attack after attack, driving the dragons into the farthest reaches of the world. There in the uninhabited regions of the world, they took shelter, hiding in this strange land. The eldest and wisest of the dragons tried to recreate the spell that would take them back, but there is no magic in our world. The younger dragons took things into their own claws and began to search the world over for a way to return, or even the barest spark of magic. All their attempts were in vain.
Years went by. More than two-thirds of the dragons were killed. They fought among themselves, splitting into factions, hiding in caves and dens. Giving up on all hopes of escape, most began to make the best of it, starting families. The once great rulers of a land were now reduced to hiding mainly below ground, allowing their hatchlings to play only in the dead of night.
Not all of them have given up, though. Some still remember the days of glory and will do anything to return home.

In the days of yore, a young woman is accused of witchcraft so another man might take over her father's lucrative business. She is the only child, her mother long dead, and her father poor of health. During the rigged trial, the father dies of a heart attack, and the villagers take her out and tie her to a stake for a wolf or monster's meal, but the type of monster that shows up is not the kind she expects. An intelligent dragon who has the ability to shape-shift into human form only at night but must maintain dragon form during the day. For whatever reason, he agrees to help her get revenge, but it turns out to be a tricky business, and is revenge what she really needs?

I don't know what to call this, it's vague. A young vampire is taken under the wing of an elder vampire. Can be a romance, or it can be purely an apprentice/master story. Alternatively, similar idea, but in this one a human has a great desire to become a vampire, and so gives themself over to an elder vampire as a slave until the vampire chooses to Turn them. Again, can be a romance, or it can be purely a servant/master story.

This is an idea I've seen bopping about here and there, and I have my own spin on things. A guy and a girl get an apartment together, one or both of them not realizing the other isn't the same gender. Chaos and confusion, of course, but for whatever reason, it's too late to back out now, so they have to find a way to make it work. The twist is, one of them is hiding a secret. Perhaps the guy is a vampire, or the girl is a ghost, who knows? Loads of open ideas here!

My only romance centered idea, and one I am a little hesitant about because I can see how it could go wrong, but I still like the idea, so here it goes. A human gets abducted by aliens who don't really understand the culture, they are the only human to get taken, and the alien that has abducted them wants to keep them as a pet, not realizing the human is a fully sentient being. Over time, the alien and the human gradually connect, and the alien realizes this is more than just a pet.

So there we go! My multitude of random ideas. I hope someone out there can work with one or two of them, and like I said, I am more than up for discussion. So, who's up for an adventure??

Last edited:
Hi! I like roommates, Dragon's Revenge, and Asteroid of Sin.
I think Asteroid of Sin could make a really good romance, especially if something develops between protagonist x antagonist. It might be good if one of us ends up playing a villain, for that person to also play a good-aligned character so the PI and other good character can actually interact and it's not purely one-sided except for when the hero and villain interact. (Also I might talk about romance like I want to force characters together, but that's not the case. I just mean the possibilities that can come out of something - insta-love isn't something I enjoy.)

Dragon's Revenge sounds fantastic. I don't have much to add to that since the prompt is already set up well.

And of course, roommates has a ton of routes to explore, especially if we add some sort of overarching plot to it besides the twist you included.

I just want to be clear: did you want to play the male or the female? I'm fine with playing either, but I wasn't too sure what you preferred.

Hello, hello. Please forgive me if this is a little scattered as this is my first request thread, but I shall try to be concise.

About my Roleplay!
I will keep this simple. I can play multiple characters, any gender, any race, and so forth. I like to push the envelope with characters and strive to make them believable. Whether they be some kind of grand superhero or a meek little mouse or an apparent Mary-Sue.
In the romantic realm, I prefer MxF. I don't do heavy smut or continuous sex scenes. Most of the time I prefer fade to black or similar, but I'm not completely opposed to playing it out. Everything has its place, but too much wears thin.
In anything, plot and characters come first and foremost. That said, I'm not opposed to developing a setting then building the characters and plot around it. I'll do pretty much any genre or plot, but my biggest weakness is mystery and the spy type. Not because I don't want to, I'm just not that good at developing a well planned out clever mystery. I'm better at the spy type, but still shaky. Returning to plots, I prefer a more open-world idea than a step-by-step plan, but every story needs some kind of plot or plan to at least get it started.
2 sentences or 200, size doesn't matter to me as much as quality. If you're describing a massive battle, I'll expect something longer, but if your character and my character are having a conversation about where to go for lunch, one-two sentence answers are perfectly understandable. The point being, as long as you give me something to work with, I don't care how long or short your posts are.

My ideas!

All of these ideas are negotiable, debatable, and if you have some spin-off idea of your own, hit me! Many of them have the potential to be romantic or not, so pick your poison.

A few hundred years from now, give or take, the asteroid belt is a major vacation destination, a sort of Vegas of the cosmos. Everything goes here, and every dark vice and desire is pandered to. The only thing frowned upon is anything that might hurt tourism and business, and of course outright murder - if you are caught. What better place for a PI to make a bit of cash? Lost husbands, runaway children, and cheats trying to avoid paying the piper. Not exactly glamorous work, but it pays the bills, and who knows what kind of trouble one might stir up? (This one I have the setting in mind more firmly than a plot beyond I would play a PI, but plot possibilities are nearly endless!)

A young man is absolutely convinced aliens are in charge and controlling humans. He came to this "revelation" after a head injury he claims reset his brain. Everyone else says it's just the damaged part bringing out the paranoia. He refuses to believe this, as is proven what he writes in his journal: "Life seemed completely normal, but the thing is that I believed they were observing me because I was in a play. We all were. Every alien was assigned a human, when that human was born, the script for the play was imprinted in their brain and so we would live our lives for the entertainment of our designated alien that would watch us in some sort of theater." Is he right? Or is it a story his mind came up to cope with the pain? (I don't actually know these answers)

Space! The final frontier! Okay, yeah, not a Star Trek rip off, but it kind of is in a way. A race of aliens - the Zebek - are observers of the universe. They send out ships to observe other parts of the universe, galaxies that may know of the existence of aliens or they might not. One such young Zebek has just graduated from the academy along with his best friend, the only human to ever live among the Zebek. They are scheduled to board their own vessel to go explore the universe on their first mission, but they still need at least one (or two) crewmember(s) to fill out their crew.

There is a land very far from ours, and yet not far at all. It lies across the plane in the neighboring dimension. Here there be Dragons, Elves, and all manner of Faerie Folk. These people and creatures believe our world to be a fantasy, a faerie tale told to children. They lived in harmony, more or less, governed by the wisdom of the Dragons. Some dragons were good. Others, not so good, but they all understood the need for Balance in power.
One, however, sees no need for Balance and craves to rule this land for himself!
The wizard Malthazar waited patiently for many years, hidden in the shadows, gaining strength an power. At last, he was ready! The evil wizard opened a rift between our world and theirs, casting the dragons into our world. All was panic and chaos as the surprised dragons and humans found themselves at war.
Once the humans had recovered from the surprise "attack" of the dragons, they launched attack after attack, driving the dragons into the farthest reaches of the world. There in the uninhabited regions of the world, they took shelter, hiding in this strange land. The eldest and wisest of the dragons tried to recreate the spell that would take them back, but there is no magic in our world. The younger dragons took things into their own claws and began to search the world over for a way to return, or even the barest spark of magic. All their attempts were in vain.
Years went by. More than two-thirds of the dragons were killed. They fought among themselves, splitting into factions, hiding in caves and dens. Giving up on all hopes of escape, most began to make the best of it, starting families. The once great rulers of a land were now reduced to hiding mainly below ground, allowing their hatchlings to play only in the dead of night.
Not all of them have given up, though. Some still remember the days of glory and will do anything to return home.

In the days of yore, a young woman is accused of witchcraft so another man might take over her father's lucrative business. She is the only child, her mother long dead, and her father poor of health. During the rigged trial, the father dies of a heart attack, and the villagers take her out and tie her to a stake for a wolf or monster's meal, but the type of monster that shows up is not the kind she expects. An intelligent dragon who has the ability to shape-shift into human form only at night but must maintain dragon form during the day. For whatever reason, he agrees to help her get revenge, but it turns out to be a tricky business, and is revenge what she really needs?

I don't know what to call this, it's vague. A young vampire is taken under the wing of an elder vampire. Can be a romance, or it can be purely an apprentice/master story. Alternatively, similar idea, but in this one a human has a great desire to become a vampire, and so gives themself over to an elder vampire as a slave until the vampire chooses to Turn them. Again, can be a romance, or it can be purely a servant/master story.

This is an idea I've seen bopping about here and there, and I have my own spin on things. A guy and a girl get an apartment together, one or both of them not realizing the other isn't the same gender. Chaos and confusion, of course, but for whatever reason, it's too late to back out now, so they have to find a way to make it work. The twist is, one of them is hiding a secret. Perhaps the guy is a vampire, or the girl is a ghost, who knows? Loads of open ideas here!

My only romance centered idea, and one I am a little hesitant about because I can see how it could go wrong, but I still like the idea, so here it goes. A human gets abducted by aliens who don't really understand the culture, they are the only human to get taken, and the alien that has abducted them wants to keep them as a pet, not realizing the human is a fully sentient being. Over time, the alien and the human gradually connect, and the alien realizes this is more than just a pet.

So there we go! My multitude of random ideas. I hope someone out there can work with one or two of them, and like I said, I am more than up for discussion. So, who's up for an adventure??

First of all I like that you have all of your ideas organized in one place like this; I should ahve done this but I am more scatter-brained than you probaby.

I really like the Asteroid Of Sin idea, there are so many possibilities there. I appreciate that you want to fade to black on some of the mature content I feel the same way..unless within that scene something vitak is taking place in terms of story/character development.

I already have an idea for a character/p;ot-line within the Asteroid Of Sin RO if you are interested,

OMG I love all of these ideas!
They are truly amazing and I would love to do one with you if you are still looking for people to pair up with.
Just send me a PM if you like ^^

Hi there! I’m interested in your alien pet idea if you’re up for it. Feel free to message me if you’d like! :)

These are all very good ideas and you have very similar RP requirements to me. I find your writing style interesting too. If you're still finding you need someone who likes lengthy paragraphs and novella style writing with world descriptions and character development DM me. :)

Back