Open Shattered Hope

Saiko

AMerePoet
Backround: Los Angeles wasn't peaceful to begin with at the time. Crimes to place, riots, and we got those nasty celebrities looking for people to have "fun" with. But it just got much worse. A mafia group has taken over half of the city, calling themselves the Conquistadors. This group was awful. They killed, stole, and redecorated the city into their image. Soon, the city was lost. That is, until another group rolled in. They took over the other half of the city. They were called the Bloody Roses. They weren't viscous like the Conquistadors however. Sure, they still committed crimes, but they never took it to far. They never killed unless they had a good reason. The leader even made an announcement to all. "Citizens of Los Angeles. Heed our warning! We have dropped a Bloody Rose on your doorstep. We may seem like your savior, but we are not heroes. We the conquers to take of this bloody nation. We are the moths, drawn to the shadow. We are the evil that fights the evil. We are the heroes made of but mere petals and thorns. We are the Bloody Roses!" And since that day, the two gangs have been fighting over turf ever since. Will this bloodshed ever stop? Who knows. But our hope is shattered.

In this role-play, you are involved in this new crisis in Los Angeles. You may be one of the members of either the Conquistadors or a Bloody Rose. You may be just a simple citizen trying to survive this new war. Or you may be a cop, trying to stop this war and restore the city back to it's usual self. The possibilities are endless. The question is, what is your story going to be?
Note:This is my first time ever actually running a role-play. If I seem to be doing something wrong, go ahead and criticize as it will help me fix my mistakes and improve this story.

Character Sheet
Name:
Role (Either the leader or one of the members of the gangs, a citizen, or cop):
Weapon:
Talent:
Backstory:

Name: Dylan Morrison
Role: Citizen/Doctor
Weapon: Scapel and Wit
Talent: Surgeon and can stay up for 36 hours straight?
Backstory: Dylan's father, George Morrison, used to joke that they lived in Loss Angeles. Well, Dylan could agree. His father would have died from some rich drunk driver, a gang drive-by, or even a mugging gone wrong if lung cancer hadn't taken him. Then his sister, Delilah, killed herself because of some kids at school. Dylan knew his dad would pick at the irony of how Dylan was always too busy for her until she died. Dylan hated that. So he made sure he had no time. Always working, always moving. It was easy to do in Loss Angeles. Someone was always dying, someone always needed surgery. There was one time he worked on 15 gunshot wounds in a day. He was busy. Too busy to focus on gang wars, too busy to focus on morals, too busy to focus on feelings. All he knew was work, that's all he'll ever know.
View attachment 5568

((I don't know if this is what you were looking for. If not I can change it or if you have some critiques just let me know.))

Name: Cylix Tilter
Role: Street orphan
Weapon: Rusty dagger
Talent: Pickpocket, minor knife proficiency
Backstory: Cylix was three when his parents abandoned him. He never really made any friends and was quite lonely for a good portion of his life, until he ran away at age seven. He spent about a month living off of charity until he resorted to pickpocketing, and was able to live quite happily. He almost had enough money for an apartment when the Conquistadors showed up. With them around, people were always on edge. They were high-strung and alert, which made them much harder to pickpocket. With no revenue coming in and nobody willing to give some cash to a kid beggar, Cylix started running low on money. Now unable to pay for food, Cylix has set it upon himself to take down the gangs at all costs.

(Is this okay? I can bump up the age if necessary. For the appearance, just picture a four and a half foot kid with super pale skin, short, scruffy black hair, a thin lavender jacket that's constantly zipped up, and plain grey pants tucked into his brown dress shoes. He keeps the dagger in his left jacket pocket.)

Name: Zaiden Perez
View attachment 5696
Role (Either the leader or one of the members of the gangs, a citizen, or cop): ( If allowed) Leader of the Bloody Roses
Weapon: A rose shaped set of pistols and brass knuckles
Talent: Natural charisma, gun proficiency, business tacts, Bilingual
Backstory: Zaiden grew up in a small city in Mexico when he was younger, always dreaming of living in the US. When he was about seven, his parents and him illegally crossed over to the United States. His parents were deported and he was held in a migrant detention center. The conditions there were terrible. Eventually, he would be placed into the foster care system where he would grow up in Los Angeles, surrounded by crime. Knowing that the only way to truly stop the crime, he would go on to create his own gang and help fight back the other gang. But he knows, there are no heroes in this story.

Name : Nina
Role : Citizen/self-claimed detective
Weapon : Camera, notebook and a very sharp pen
Talent : Very clever
Backstory : Has been abused by her parents until she was 10, now lives with her grandparents but the trauma made her want to stop people like her parents and she proclaimed herself detective but because of that, she often gets in trouble with the gangs and her grandparents don't really care about her
(is this good ? I can make a longer backstory if you want and I also have a few questions, but I'll ask them when and if my character gets approved)

Last edited:
Name: Persephone Blood
Role: The 'Sister' of the Bloody Roses/Sniper
Weapon: Sniper
Talent: Accuracy, Manipulation tactics, Very Intelligent
Backstory: Persephone, also known as Esther by people close to her, was raised by a mafia family in the small state of Massachusettes. Her father was the leader of the gang before he decided to step down and send his daughter to Los Angeles to join his friend's gang. Because of her outside appearance of short and cute, people don't know that she is the best sniper in the gang and the best manipulator. She became the 'Little Sister' figure of the Bloody Roses. Because of her great manipulation skills, she has a lot of connections to different gangs from all over the country.
View attachment 6335

Back