She's a Vampire!?

Chelsea accepted Amy’s explanation without a second thought. “I have more friends now, so that’s something! Oh, I’ll have to introduce you to everyone when you get to school! This is gonna be great!” she said with a fist pump. “Other than that? I’ve started dabbling in magical research. You know, fantastical creatures, enchanted objects, the works! It’s actually fascinating,” Chelsea explained. “Well, how ‘bout you?” she asked, eyes wide.

Emily pushed her hair behind her ear and smiled nervously, "That's great! And, not much has happened to me. My life is stupidly bland." She admitted as she shrugged. If only she could tell Chelsea the truth, but her parents forbade her from saying it to anyone.

“Aw, I’m sure it’s not that bland! You went to a school where people wore sunglasses all the time, it’s gotta be pretty interesting.” Chelsea looked up at the sky, concern furrowing her brow. “It looks like it’s about to get pretty rainy. Think we should head inside? Oh, can I please go over to your house?” She asked, clasping her hands together and giving Amy puppy dog eyes.

"Sure!" Amy chuckled, turned, and led the way to her house, "It isn't that interesting to see people wear sunglasses a ton. I mean, okay, I got into writing stories, but it's not impressive. Anyone could write." She added reluctantly, dipping her head so that her mouth was hidden by the scarf, seemingly embarassed.

(Sorry! I had to go to bed last night)

“Writing? That’s great! You’ll have to show me some of your stuff sometime!” Chelsea replied. She stepped carefully around all of the moving boxes, doing her very best not to trip on anything. “Do you wanna head up to your room? I bet you have a ton of cool stuff up there!”

"It's not that cool. And sure, but I have to unpack my things too." Amy answered as she went down the hall and up the stairs, passing the dining room on the right where there were just a few boxes and the kitchen on the right where there were much more, but nothing was out of their boxes yet, and the living room on the left where her parents were nearly finished.

“Works for me!” Chelsea said happily, a pep in her step as the pair continued through the house. She was absolutely ecstatic that Amy had returned, and they could finally be together again! Though, if she really thought about it, Amy seemed to be acting a little strange. She was more closed off than she had ever been with Chelsea before, and the sunglasses were at least a little bit weird. “Is... everything okay, Ames?” she asked, her smile retreating. “You’re being a little weird right now, no offense. Is something up?”

Amy waited until she got to her room to answer, "No, everything's fine!" She pushed the door, which was slightly ajar, open, and went inside, sitting down on the bed immediately, "Enough about me. Tell me about some of those fantastical things!" She asked as she patted the spot next to her, smiling.

Last edited:
Chelsea sat down on the bed, still a little suspicious, but happy to brush that off to please her friend. "I've been doing a lot of reading about humanoid supernatural creatures, like werewolves and fey!" she explained, her smile coming back. Talking about her passions never failed to cheer her up. "I think it's fascinating how beings so different from us are able to disguise themselves and live among people, you know? My parents think I'm-" She spun her fingers around her ears, the universal sign for 'completely insane'. "- but I think I'm really on to something!"

Amy gave a small smile, "Yeah, pretty fascinating! Imagine if there was one in the town's midst right now!?" She then joked, chuckling. Just as she did this, a grey cat navigated its way through the boxes onto her lap, "Oh hi, Puni!" She greeted the cat and pet it, her smile growing wider, "Forgot to tell you, my parents got a cat, and I got them to name it Puni."

"That would be amazing," Chelsea sighed dreamily. She noticed the cat and her eyes lit up. "Hey, kitty kitty! Aren't you such a pretty kitty cat?" she crooned, scratching the cat under it's chin. "Puni is a woderful name for a wonderful cat!" she declared.

"I got the name from the Japanese word 'punipuni' which means squishy! I've fallen in love with the Japanese culture, so that's to be expected." Amy continued with a bit of rambling as Puni purred, "Should mention, Puni's a girl."

“Japanese culture? Awesome! They have some really cool creatures too, like kitsunes and kappas!” Chelsea exclaimed, eyes wide. She continued to pet Puni, and made little kissy noises at her. “Puni is my new best friend now,” she teased. “You’ve been replaced!”

"That's understandable." Amy snickered as Puni decided that this was the best time to first stretch her front legs out and flip onto her back. She then gushed, "Oh my gosh I'm so glad my parents chose to get a cat when we moved! She's so adorable!"

“A total cutie,” Chelsea agreed, grinning. “Hey, why did your parents decide to move back, anyway? I mean, I’m glad they did, trust me, but why?” she asked, tilting her head.

Back