Adam couldn't stop his eyebrow from raising at her statement. It had been a while since he had heard things like that. Since his college years. Which were only a couple of years ago, but still. It caught him off guard. "Will do." He said as he stepped towards her. Ignoring the tingling in him to touch her, he went to take her phone. Then he paused. Looking into her eyes, her really pretty and narrow gray green eyes, he gaped. They were really close and seemed to take his brreath away. Licking his lips, he was finally able to speak. "Um, I need your address." His hand touched hers and the tingle became a buzz. Instinctively, his long fingers carrased and lightly rubbed her pulse point to alleviate some of the buzz.

Tsuki was too distracted to notice his hands as she handed over her phone then stepped back. His agitation seemed catching. He was too close, to wound up, too tense with strange power radiating him while at the same time he looked ready to collapse. She told him the address, wondering if he had any idea where it was. Someone from a family like his surely wouldn't have any cause to come down to this area, but then again, rich kids were famous for getting into trouble, so maybe he did.

"You should sit down," she told him. "You look ready to pass out."

"I could." Adam stepped away from her. "But I'm bleeding and um," Adam glanced down at the comforter. "I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting down." This whole situation made him feel uncomfortable. Lucas was the one who was most likely to end up in this type of scenario, not him. He needed help. With that thought, he turned and called Tía.

"Hello?"

"Hi Tia," Adam said slowly, the anxiety in him building up.

"What happened?" Adam hoped Tsuki would be thankful for his family's abruptness. Because he sure wasn't.

"Please come to this address with a some clothes for me." Adam rattled off the address.

"Why are you there?" The worry and concern in Tía's voice made Adam cringe.

"I, I, I'll explain later. Please just come Tía." The whine that accompanied his beg was involuntary but it seem to do the job. For Tia was silent a bit before speaking again.

"I'm on my way with Celine."

"Gracias, Tía." Adam whispered. Then he hung up quickly. He did not want to hear what else Tía said. It might let another instinct of his out. With a sigh he turned back around, swaying a bit. He put his hand on the counter nearby. Steadying himself, he held out Tsuki's pone to her. "Done. She'll be by with her Celine soon."

Tsuki leaned forward and stretched as far as she could to avoid getting close to him as she took back his phone. "Right. Um, you really should sit down. I can find you another blanket, if you would like." She checked the phone's battery and turned away to plug it in.

"So... You're a dog," she said as casually as she could muster. It came out surprisingly calm. Maybe this was what shock felt like. "That's... that's a new one for me. Is this one of those things where I am now sworn to secrecy or else some shady character is going to come and kill me, making it look like an accident?"

"What? No." Adam said quickly. "That's not, we don't," Adam let out a growl. His scattered words and heavy tongue making him frustrated yet again. If he could, he would be rubbing his temples or the bridge of his nose till they were sore. For now, he settled for a heavy sigh. "While I would appreciate it if you kept this," He gestured to himself. "A secret. I'm not going to force you to do so." His swaying became much more prevalent even to himself. "But, I'll take you on that offer to sit down." He fell into a nearby chair., jostling his shoulder a bit. The groan trying to escape was silenced by his gritting teeth. "By the way," Adam said breathlessly. He didn't know having an injury could take so much out of a person. "I will fully reimburse you for the past couple of days if you press charges against the man from last night. George or something." While he spoke flippantly, he was serious. He would reimburse her doubly if she pressed charges on that dangerous man.

"It's alright, you don't have to reimburse me," Tsuki tried to reassure him even as her treacherous mind thought how that was the least he could do without adding strings like entering a legal battle against a well-liked fellow. "If you really had been a dog, you could not have paid me back, and I was fine with that. As for George... never mind about him."

She sat on the edge of the bed with a sigh and closed her eyes. Maybe this was what going mad felt like. Funny. She'd always assumed it would creep up on her in a much more subtle manner. She would think this all a weird dream or prank if not for... George. She was going to have to do something about George, but what? She couldn't hire a lawyer right now, and most people thought better of him than her, at least as far as she knew they did. In any case, there were no witnesses, and "he said/she said" court battles were always messy.

"Let me try that again. I will reimburse you and you need to press charges on that man." Adam glared at Tsuki, hoping to burn the urgency of the matter in her. "That man last night was dangerous, and not because he hurt me. A fearful man would have hurt me to get away. But he," Adam glanced at his injury. It was so much like a human cat scratch. And from what he knew, some cats hunted just for fun. "This was an attack, there was no fear behind it." His glare softened a bit as he observed her, took in her subtle but string calming scent. "You were the only one scared that night. If you are that scared of him someone should know. Because I have a feeling that your fear is not from nowhere. And if I wasn't enough to scare him off, what will happen if you see him next time?" She needed to realize the danger she was in. It worried him that she was just willing to leave this alone.

Tsuki opened her eyes and studied him for a moment. "Your glare is a good deal less threatening when you are naked and wrapped up in a pink, floral bedsheet, Mr. Gonzalaz," she pointed out with a hint of frost. Then she relaxed her tone just slightly, though still the professional tone she normally used at work. "I appreciate your concern, sir, but trying to press charges against him would be an expensive exercise in futility. Perhaps I would win as people tend to favor the female in cases like these - something I find rather unjust - but the facts remain that I have no witnesses other than a dog, no video feed, and no history with the accused, and as far as I am aware, his record is squeaky clean. Besides, win or lose, at most he would get a slap on the wrist and a restraining order that the police would be hard pressed to enforce before something happened. I am not ignoring this or downplaying the sevarity, I just do not see much I can do about it other than buying myself a taser and keeping it in hand whenever I am walking alone." She paused and tried not to take pleasure in the image of George getting tased.

“That’s better than nothing.” Adam muttered as he sank into the chair. He was tired, but he enjoyed this more witty side of Tsuki. It was less forced and more free. She was fun. “Plus, if you tell at least one cop, you can tell them you told them so. Also,” Adam lolled his head to Tsuki. “I hear that dog that saved you is a pretty good witness.” His words slurred a bit and felt heavy on his tongue. That was probably not the best sign.

"Hmm, yes, I do look forward to trying to explain that one," Tsuki said, eying Adam unhappily. It might have been her imagination, but he looked even paler now than he had before. She stepped around him carefully and padded barefoot over to the kitchen. "No, judge, George could not have possibly seen this man because he was a dog at the time. What is that, judge? You want me to explain how a man can be a dog? Well, I would be delighted, sir!" She filled up a glass of water as she talked then turned to walk back. "You see, one second he is a dog with the mental capacity of a man, and then the next minute he is a man with some rather doggish tendencies. What's that, judge? You want to have me measured for a lovely new white jacket? How kind!" She held out the glass of water to Adam. "I think that would go over quite well, don't you?"

She couldn't help a quick glance toward the door. She had not caught exactly who he had called - his sister, probably - but she really hoped they showed up soon! He did not look well, and she did not want to think about how she was going to get a naked man to the hospital when she did not have any means of transportation, not even a bicycle, at her disposal.

“Huh, yeah.” Adam let out a small chuckle. He noticed Tsuki’s glance at the door. “It’ll take my Tía about fifteen minutes from the call to arrive. But don’t worry.” Adam sat up a bit. “The shifting gives my metabolism a boost that includes healing.” A glance at his injury told him that he stopped bleeding completely. “Which is why I can’t really go to the hospital. Actually never been until,” Adam huffed. Even as out of it as he was, he wasn’t able to talk about what happened.

Tsuki waited a minute to see if he would continue, but when he did not choose to continue with his story, she simply held out the cup again, pressing it toward him. "I am glad you are super human, I suppose, or super canine..." She hesitated, fighting the words on her tongue, but at last she could bear it no longer and blurted out, "Are you a dog that turns into a man, or are you a man that turns into a dog?"

Adam blinked, and blinked, and blinked. Then a burst of laughter broke through him, his head going back. It quieted down and he smiled at Tsuki, a real full smile. "You are so surprising." Maybe it was his injury, or just the relief that she knows, that someone knows. But he felt, free. He looked away and gazed at the wall. "Never really thought about it. But I suppose I'm a man that turns into a dog. I was born a boy and my first change was when I was one. Even then, I was the biggest dog in my family. A very big dog that you call cupcake." Adam smiled at her again.

Tsuki jumped at his unexpected laughter then sniffed in annoyance, but she couldn't bring herself to be too annoyed. He had a nice laugh, and all things considered, it was far more pleasant to have him laughing at her than the be growling. She gave up on giving him the water and went to set it down on the kitchen counter.

"Well, pardon me for not knowing your name or gender, as it happens, not that either are much of a mystery right now," she said cheekily. She turned and wrinkled her nose at him. "What is wrong with 'Cupcake?' I happen to like cupcakes, and your fur is as fluffy as a cupcake's frosting. Or it would be if you took proper care of yourself and looked less like a bedraggled stray."

She blushed, hardly daring to believe her own tongue, but it was true! Besides, after today, her future would be going one of two ways: either she was most definitely fired or she could never be fired no matter what she did or said. Maybe he'd finally start taking proper care of himself if someone pointed it out. Maybe. Somehow, she doubted his family had let his poor health slip their notice, but it was one thing to be scolded by family and quite another to have a relative stranger do it.

It was odd hearing someone who seemed almost offended by his self-care, or lack thereof. For it to be Tsuki too, a new coworker who probably barely had any reason to like or care about him, was also surprising. People always asked if he was fine, or tried to advise him, but it was always in passing or, he was just so busy. Now, injured, naked, and helpless, it hit him. He did a horrible job taking care of himself. Barely even went to his apartment. He hummed.

“If you really look at it, guess I kinda am a bedraggled stray.”

At that, a knock came at the door.

“Adam!”

Tsuki glanced at Adam, surprised he'd accepted her statement so calmly. He looked tired and wiped out. Maybe he didn't have the energy to fight anymore and was resigned to his fate. Or something along those lines, she was no mind reader. Still, it was nice to see something had gotten through to him. Maybe he would finally start looking after himself? Because there was no way he'd gotten to this state after one or two long nights at the office. She was about to say something when the knock on her door and shout made her jump.

She hurried over to the door and checked the peephole carefully before undoing the chain and unlocking the door. "He is right in here," Tsuki said, opening the door and stepping aside. She did not bother with a greeting or exchange of any sort of pleasantries, guessing her visitor would not be bothering with any of that, either.

"Tsuki?" Patricia blinked as she looked around the apartment.

"In here, Tía," Adam called. Patricia went through the door. Adam tried to stand, but his good arm was too shaky. He fell back into the chair. The clattering noise made Patricia move faster.

"Dios mío!" The moment Patricia saw him she ran to him. "Adam, what happened?" Her hands glided over the scratch by his shoulder. Adam glanced at Tsuki before focusing back on Patricia.

"I got hurt in my other form and Tsuki took me to a vet. Unfourtanetly, I changed back after breakfast." Adam explained. If Tsuki didn't want to press charges, she probably wanted to kee[ the whole attack between them. At least that's what Adam thought. And while they had different opinions on pressing charges, he would respect her privacy.

"How did you get hurt?" Patricia commanded an answer. Adam quickly looked away.

"Ran into some thug." Adam looked at the clothes Patricia brought. She only had clothes. "Where's Celine?" There was still a glare in Patricia's eyes when Adam looked at her. His subject change wasn't working.

"She's with Ben. It is a slow day at the shelter." Patricia lightly touched the injury. Adam winced. "Some thug did this?" Another knowing glare. Adam still nodded. If he spoke, his voice would definitely admit his lie. Granted, they both knew he was. It still was important to Adam to keep up appearances. After a few seconds of silence, Patricia sighed. "I got your clothes." She put them on the table. "Go change." A gentle nod was a perfect dismissal for Adam. He stood, firmer than last time, got the clothes, and went to the bathroom. He only stumbled a bit.

Patricia shook her head as she watched him stumble. When he was in the bathroom, Patricia faced Tsuki with a smile. "Thank you for dealing with him. I'm sure you have many questions and you are probably a hair's breadth away from a freak-out."

Tsuki opened her mouth then hesitated. Questions? Questions... So many questions! So many questions about this incredible... situation, was the only word she could think of to describe what was happening. The thing was... did she really want to know the answers to these questions? On the one hand, she really, really was curious! But on the other hand, did she really want to get in deeper? She had a lot to deal with without worrying about dog people.

"Yes, I do have a question. Do you think you could get him to shower more often and at least put a cot or a comfy couch in his office?" Tsuki asked calmly. "If he is not going to go out of his way to take care of himself, perhaps he will if we make it as easy as possible for him."

Patricia blinked, then looked away. “While the thoughtfulness of the question is appreciated, I’m not the one that can answer or do anything with your question.” Patricia wrang her fingers. “That would be for my brother.” Suddenly she gained a bright smile and looked at Tsuki. “But I can answer any other question about the current situation.”

"Well, actually, there is one really pressing question..." She paused a little for effect then asked, "Exactly how embarrassed should I be that I changed my clothing in front of him? Not once, but twice!" She scowled a little, truly uncomfortable with the memory. Then again, there had been that whole coffee in the lap incident...

Back