Akashic Arcana Shirosaki Kuro Residence

JessieJames

Dream as if you were dying.
Apartment number 5 was located just outside of the Academy on the second floor it shared with only one other apartment. Kuro was written neatly above the mail box that hung to the right of the door. A picture window took up a third of the twenty foot length wall. Entering through the front door one was greeted with the typical foyer where one took off their shoes before stepping up onto the polished hardwood floors. Once there to the right was the kitchen. Spotless and nearly sparkling clean. From the kitchen on could easily see the family room and beyond that the sliding glass door that lead to the covered balcony.

To the right of the kitchen was the bathroom and to the right of the family room were two bedrooms. The bedroom closest to the kitchen was Shiro’s little sister’s when she came to stay with him during breaks and was often used as a guest bedroom when needed. The one near the balcony was Shirosaki’s room. The house for the most part was sparsely furnished. A flat screen television in the living room as well as a large low table with cushions for sitting at scattered around it.

Shiro toed off his shoes as he entered his home placing his keys on a hook near the door. He pulled his hoodie off and hung it over the keys while setting his bag near the door. The young adult had many habits that he kept to keep him from being forgetful. Having grabbed the mail he tucked it into a mail holder on the counter before moving to wash his hands.

Is there anything you are allergic to?” he asked his guest as he towel dried his hands before moving over to the refrigerator to see what meats he had laying about. Spotting a package of ground beef he pulled it out and set it on the counter. Then moved onto his cupboards. A can of sweet corn, tomatoes, and black beans were pulled down as well as a large jar of rice. Once he had everything including spices he set about preparing the rice and placing it into the rice cooker then moving onto his main portion of the meal. The ground beef was further chopped up then placed into a pan to brown before he added seasonings and his canned goods. The sweet yet somewhat spicy scent of chili soon began to fill the kitchen air.

@Kierri

Iris stepped into the apartment, greeted by a simple foyer she slipped off her shoes, tapping her toes against the hard surface. Her blue eyes took in her surroundings, she had expected it to be messy, unkempt at the least. Shiro didn't exactly come across as a neat freak but then a lot of people didn't expect her to be a little ball of crazy when they initially met her. She noticed there wasn't much furniture but she mostly expected that of a guy.

She placed a bottle of wine she had brought along on a kitchen unit and left it further examine the room, specifically the balcony, although they weren't that high up being on the second floor, it still made her slightly more comfortable to be looking down at something. She shook her head to his question, looking over her shoulder towards him "Not a thing" she muttered with a small smile.

Once she was satisfied with her mini exploration of this guy home she perched herself on one of the cushions, sitting crossed legged, fiddling with a strand of blue hair, curling it around her finger as she watched Shiro get to work on cooking dinner.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

original.gif

Shirosaki couldn't really remember the last time he had someone over for dinner besides his little sister. He moved with balanced grace as he served up the meal in bowls before carrying them over to the table before returning to the kitchen. A few moments later he was back setting the uncorked wine down on the table along with two already poured glasses.

"There's a lot more should you desire it," In informed her as he sat down on the cushion next to hers and picked up his bowl, "Eat up."

His habit of cooking too much food for just himself seemed to be going to good use this night and it pleased him greatly. It was better than packing it all up and heading to the soup kitchen. A few of the old ladies that worked there tried to talk him into cooking for them on the weekends as his meals seem to be picked up far quicker than any of theirs. He had considered it and often made lunch on Sunday there.

Iris took her bowl, she examined its contents before scooping a spoonful into her mouth. She smiled and scooped in another mouthful, enjoying the spicy flavours. She took a sip of water before finally allowing herself to speak "This is delicious, where did you learn to cook?" she asked as she shifted to a more comfortable position, sitting with her legs underneath her. Iris took another mouthful, chewing slowly this time as she gazed around the room, it was light and almost airy.

It didn't take long for her to finish her meal and she was soon getting up for seconds before sitting back down again.

Shiro gave a shrug as he ate quietly, "Self taught mostly," He states softly. His odd gaze glanced over the female in his house.

Everything about her made him feel relaxed as if she didn't have any expectations for him to meet. It was easier that way. He couldn't disappoint with the odd way he viewed the world. Sadly his phone decided to ring and break that allusion. His little sister's portrait stared back at him, "Hey Queenie," He called her as he answered before giving his guest a soft smile and standing up to head to the balcony, "What do you need?"

Around ten minutes later he stepped back into his home with a sigh and tossed his phone on the table before sitting down to finish his meal, "Sorry about that," He murmured.

Iris quickly finished off her second dish and pondered on having a third, wondering if that was perhaps too much.

She sat back in order to let her stomach settle after eating so much, her gaze following him as the unusual looking male took a phone call, she paid little attention, not really interested in other people's business. She assumed it was either a friend or family member giving the affectionate tone in his voice. A few more minutes passed and Iris decided she felt comfortable enough to stand up, considering she had little else to do being a guest in this persons home she decided to clean the dishes, also considering he had cooked a meal for them.

When Shiro eventually returned Iris glanced over her shoulder, scrubbing the last bowl "No worries"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

original.gif

He blinked slightly at the sight of her doing his dishes. Why had she done that? Standing he made his way into the kitchen with his bowl in hand still munching away, "Ya didn't have ta do that," He grumbled lightly before scarfing down the rest of his food and setting the bowl where she could reach it, "Tell me something about yourself."

Shirosaki enjoyed learning about people in many different ways. Sometimes fighting, others simply talking to them. It made getting to know him interesting as well. He leaned against the counter top as he thought about his little sister. She was staying with a friend to get away from their parents. They weren't holding up there end of the bargain it seemed. He would have to deal with that eventually when he had a few days to get out of school.

Iris took the other bowl, scrubbing at as he spoke. For a moment she was at loss for words, people didn't want to get to know Iris, in fact, it was the opposite. Anything she did say about herself was normally met with awkward silences. But then Shiro wasn't exactly a normal looking guy himself, he also hadn't avoided her or ran off, heck he even invited her into his home "I came from Brittania, no contact with family, as you previously saw I love gymnastics and aerobics, I'm pretty nifty in a fight and I love anything bright and colourful, that enough something for you?" she spoke with a grin.

Once she was done washing up she dried her hands on her jeans, leaving small wet handprints on them, leaning the small of her back against the kitchen side.

original.gif

Shirosaki tilted his head as he listened it was a habit of his. It was as if it was a way in which he could hear better and take in the information being said, "That's good enough for me," He smiled softly at her as he glanced at the finished dishes, "You remind me of my little sister. I always tell her not to dry her hands on her clothes but it never sinks in."

He gave a light chuckle, "I'm a native Japanese who was born with a genetic flaw that gave me these eyes and my pale complexion. I have a family but I only speak with my sister," He had his reasons for keeping away from his parents normally, "I love fighting and parkour. And I hate the color white. Also don't ever ask me to do defensive magic."

Iris smirked "You hate the colour white? a little ironic ain't it?" she muttered, gesturing to his pale complexion "I got a brother, we don't talk, you got one more family member than me there" she spoke, twirling a strand of hair around her finger as she looked at him. She wasn't surprised that enjoyed fighting, he seemed very much like the type to enjoy such an activity.

"What's the deal on the defensive? it ain't so hard if you practise" she spoke, almost nonchalant.

He wasn't sure what to say about his odd complexion. It was something that he couldn't change. He could try to die his hair but the dies never stuck and would wash out without fail. His skin didn't tan either. He took a breath, "I've come to deal with that about myself," He shrugged slightly, "As for the magic. I've practiced day and night for an entire year on it but it always explodes."

Shirosaki chuckled lightly, "After a year even the teachers decided it was enough torture for everyone involved and gave up."

Closing his eyes for a moment her leaned his head back and sighed softly. He relaxed quite easily against the counter's edge, "There are things we wish to change about ourselves but sometimes it's not a matter of changing it but accepting it. That's what my little sister says at least."

Iris rubbed a strand of hair between her fingers, her gaze trailing between Shiro and the floor “Sounds like you got a bright sister, is she a lot younger than you?” She questioned, lazily pushing herself away from the side.

She sat herself back down on the small seating cushion, sitting crossed legged, pulling her hair up into a messy ponytail. She enjoyed Shiro’s company, it was rare that anyone spoke to her so casually.

She sighed gently, thinking back to her own sibling, she rarely saw her younger brother, he had gone to live with his biological father at a young age whilst Iris remained with her mother until she left in her teen years.

Shiro glanced at her, "She's younger than me by eight years," He stated after a moment of thought, "She is very smart."

Sadly she was magicless. The thought alone nearly crushed his good mood. She was a vibrant light in his life that gave him the will and the determination to rise to the top and crush all enemies that stood before him. He loved her as only he could but he couldn't give her the one thing that would make her life easier. Magic. He sighed and tugged at the tie that held his braid slowly undoing it so he could relax a bit more as he walked over to sit at the table.

He pushed his soured thoughts away as he stared at the girl across from him, "I like the color of your hair. I'm sure she would love to know how you did it."

Iris smiled, flicking her hair over her shoulder "Magic surprisingly, it sort of grew out that way" she spoke with a casual shrug as she glanced over at the male.

"Thanks for the dinner again, it was nice to have the company" she muttered, she leaned on the table, resting her head in her hands "Is your sister going to join the Academy?" she asked curiously.

Shirosaki's expression fell to one of a blank stare. Leaning back on his hands he shook his head, "She is magicless," He said softly. The words caught in his throat making it hard to swallow. His little sister lived in a world filled with people who could use magic and she couldn't. Closing his eyes he remembered events her rather not think about, "I'm glad you enjoyed the meal. And yes the company is nice."

He rubbed his eyes slightly as he stretched out on the floor. It was a common thing for him to do. The smooth surface often gave him something to focus his mind on for some time, "I would rather not talk any more about my sister's situation."

Those who couldn't use magic at all were very rare these days. Normally it was just a matter of finding the right type of magic but for her... Nothing had worked. It baffled all who met her.

Iris shrugged and looked away from him for a moment "If you can't do defensive magic how do you exactly defend yourself?" she asked curiously, she only had one defensive spell, a majority of her spells were enough to do enough damage so she rarely used defensive magic at all.

"I don't really use defensive magic, mostly offensive, and in some cases no magic at all, I'm fairly good at hand to hand combat" she muttered, her gaze a blank stare as she thought about her magic.

He tilted his head then looked at her, "I'm fast and I heal quickly. I normally work with my hands more than everything but when I need it I add a bit of fire," Shiro smirked slightly, "Don't think about it too deeply. The world is cruel."

Rubbing his forehead he thinks about his various problems standing before him at the moment. Most of them being keeping his sibling safe from his parents. The gang still called on him despite him stepping down. A sigh escaped him.

Iris shrugged as if answering a question "You don't need to tell me the world is cruel, I know about that all too well" she muttered. Her difficult upbringing had given her a dose of how cruel people could be. In that moment she wondered just how her dysfunctional family were doing without her, not that they had ever seemed particularly concerned about her presence previously.​

This world would devour any that didn't survive in it. It was a fact in his reality. He ran a hand through his hair, "Whatever got you to where you are today is still something to give respect to. Even if it killed something inside of you. If it didn't kill you entirely you came out better, stronger and with a taste for surviving."

It was how his sister had put it to him one night when he came home ready to give up on everything as he thought she would have been safer without him around to draw in danger. That night he also learned his little blue haired loving sister had a punch that could break bones. A shiver trailed down his spine at the memory.

Back