Short Stories and One-Shots!

Zadkiel

Heaven-Sent Abomination
Just a little space I plan on filling with random short stories as and when they come to my head. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm more than happy to hear them.

The Eternal Cycle

The lone man stood atop the crumbling tower that rose from the centre of the fortress, his jet black hair hidden under the hood of a plain black cloak with a purple trim. He gazed over the jagged rocks surrounding the fortress, a disinterested look in both his brown left eye his right eye, the latter glowing purple with a strange magic. He let out a sigh as his gaze moved to the vicious ocean surrounding the island, specifically glancing at a large wooden sailing ship struggling against the unending storm as it headed straight for the island. He gently stroked his small black goatee as he thought to himself before undoing his cloak and letting it blow away in the wind as retrieving it would be a trivial matter. With the cloak gone, one could now see his long hair blowing in the wind and the suit of black armour made of plates of a mysterious metal. Both of the gauntlets had a small purple gem, one perfectly spherical in shape, embedded into them. Two more of these gems were embedded into each pauldron while the last, and largest, gem was in the centre of the cuirass and began to glow. Underneath the armour was simple black cloth.

The man raised his left hand as his bored gaze changed into an irritated glare. The storm worsened as the ship struggled to stay on course but still managed to head to the island. A shadow passsed above the man, flying among the clouds. He glanced up at it, seeing the silhouette of a huge beast with two bat-like wings, two muscular legs ending in clawed feet, and a tail with two small fins emerging from either side. At the front of the beast's body was a long neck tipped in a large head, similar in shape to that of an arrow. The monster flew higher, disappearing from view entirely as it hid in the clouds, moving towards the ship and preparing to strike.

"One day, this will all end," the figure muttered to himself, his voice deep, but still sounding human, "They will stop coming to stop the end of a world millennia from now, and there will be peace here..."

Back