Halo: Humans vs Covenant [Side Story - 1x1] A Heretic Uprising

Raynar Saassin

Multiverse RP'er
Benefactor
It was another day in the Covenant Army. The Sangheili known as Khisan ‘Mdasumee has just received the position of Zealot in the rankings and was given his personal Energy Sword. But now it was time to test his skills on the battlefield. Or in this case, test his leadership.

He had received a message in his quarters to enter the Prophet's Chambers as they had a personal mission for him. Once he had arrived, the Prophet of Truth was alone as he welcomed him in.

300px-H2A-POT.jpg

"Ah. 'Mdasumee. I trust you know why you were summoned, yes? We have an important mission for you to carry out on our faith."

@Emory

The prophet’s words rang loud and clear in Khisan’s mind, humbling the Sangheili.

“Heretics,”

he guessed. The word was nearly spat from his mouth expressing the distaste he had for their kind yet he couldn’t keep a certain hint of pleasure from his mind; he would take pleasure in ending their sinful existences. He remained on one knee with his head bowed deeply in a gesture of respect. When the wise prophet did not immediately correct his assumption he spoke again in the rough tones of his people.

“You honor me beyond words, hierarch. Speak your will and it shall be done.”

Last edited:
"Quite so." Truth responded with a slow nod as he pressed a button on his chair, revealing a hologram of a planet on the outer rim world of Karava.

"A rogue group of Elites are rising a heretic army to go against us and our Great Journey. Their current leader is operating in an recently colonised planet we've come to call Karava on the outer rim. We are sending a team of three Phantoms towards the moon, and we'd like you to accompany them." Truth smiled before bringing up another hologram of a White Armoured Elite, which appeared to be a shipmaster class Sangheili.

"Chur'R-Yar, is your corvette in position?"

5701ea9198afa3e403b314a1d9e9618c

"Yes, my ship is in position over the planet. Are you sure the Zealot you're sending to us is worth the wait?"
"Have faith that he will lead your strike team to victory. He is being sent with the Prophet's Blessings."
"Sigh... Fine. Send him over and we'll eliminate this heresy without incident. Chur'R-Yar out."

300px-H2A-POT.jpg

"She's a aggressive one, expecting results from us. She may not have as much faith in us as she wants us to believe. Her ancestors were pirates. Ahem. Go forth. The Phantoms are in the hanger bay awaiting your boarding. And you shall be eliminating this heresy with our blessing. You are dismissed."

@Emory

@Raynar Saassin

As the prophet concluded his speech Khisan clenched his fist aggressively.

“The weight of their heresy shall crush their rebellion. I will return once your will has been carried out hierarch.”

With that he rose and strode from the room, his armored feet clanging against the metal floor. As he made his way for the hanger he silently contemplated the mission at hand and what it would entail. Heretics were sinful dissidents, but they could be deadly if not disposed of properly. And this Chur’R-Yar seemed impatient, a quality that could cost them all their lives if not kept in check.

His thoughts were interrupted when he arrived at the hanger, recognizing the familiar sight of phantoms and banshees landing and taking off amidst the chaotic activity and commotion that characterized the common humdrum of High Charity. Khisan boarded the lead phantom through one of the wide ventral doors and greeted the Sangheili already present.

“Forgive me for postponing the mission, you may disembark when ready.”

"Understood. Hop in, Zealot. We've a ways to go to reach our destination." The pilot nodded as he moved into the Phantom as Khisan did and they took off towards their destination.

As they were travelling towards the destination, Chur'R-Yar was inside the main phantom with the main group including Khisan, reiterating the Covenant Oath.

f5ff361cc7b28617d692e2975b1dffbff3179542_hq.jpg

"When we joined the Covenant, we took an oath."
"According to our station! All without exception!"
"On the blood of our fathers... On the blood of our sons. We swore to uphold the Covenant!"
"Even to our dying breath!"
"Those who would break this oath are heretics. Worthy of neither pity! Nor mercy! Even now, they use our lords creations, to broadcast their lies."
"We shall grind them into dust! And scrape them as excrement from our boots!"
"And continue our march to glorious salvation!"

Once the oath was re-iterated, she would walk up to Khisan with a disapproving but positive expression. "That armour suits you. But you're still a rookie. See these elites? They are mine. Their lives matter to me, yours does not."

@Emory

“That makes two of us. My life is measured in achievements, not in years. I shall live and die for the Covenant.”

Khisan paused briefly, mulling over the other Sangheili’s words.

“But I understand your duty to your elites. I once commanded elites of my own until they made me a Zealot. Now my duty is to the prophets alone.”

Here he paused again, considering what Chur’R-Yar was seeking from him. Uncertain, he merely sighed and looked her in the eye.

“I shall not endanger your elites on a suicide mission. But the mission is my only concern here. If we work together we should have no trouble eliminating these heretics.”

"Hmm..." She responded with a hum as the Phantoms eventually arrived at the Planet. Above the planet would be a corvette, most likely Chur's as she had placed it and came to pick up the Zealot.

The Phantoms took to the planet's surface and landed in a nearby forest. Each group got out of the Phantom with Chur and Khisan leading the charge. "I've taken the liberty of sending scout banshees before I came to pick you up. The outpost is completely surrounded in this forest, they will have no idea of our presence. We have the element of surprise... for now."

@Emory

@Raynar Saassin

The forest was still save for the commotion of elites and a few grunts moving through the fauna taking great care in not creating too much noise. The element of surprise was theirs and they should take great care in maintaining their stealth.

“I can lead a group inside under the guise of active camouflage while you hit them from the front. They won’t know what hit them.”

He did not order Chur’R-Yar yet he was not a member of the squad. The two would have to work together without butting heads to get this mission done and so he awaited the elite’s opinion patiently.

"Right. Throw the main group at them to cause casualties." She muttered under her breath as she nodded towards the group and charged in. Two Spec-Op elites and a squad of four grunts walked up with Khisan, with one of the elites speaking.

"We're with you. Lead us to victory in honour of the Covenant!"

@Emory

@Raynar Saassin

Khisan eyed the Sangheili and Unggoy assigned to his command. Their eagerness to carry out this mission in the name of their faith pleased him greatly and he offered a simple nod before turning towards the heretic base.

After a brief hike through the dense forest the base cake into view as did the heretics who inhabited it. The base was a shoddy construct consisting of a series of buildings made of rusted metals strewn together haphazardly, suggesting that these heretics were poorly resourced. “Activate camouflage,” Khisan said, activating his own as he conveyed the order. With his forces virtually undetectable he emerged from the tree line and made a b-line for the enemy base, crouching down to allow the high waving grass to cover any glimmer of light that might give away his nearly invisible position.

The elites and the Unggoy nodded as they activated Camouflage and followed along, hiding in the grass to avoid detection as they snuck into the Heretic Base. At first glance, it seemed to be lower ranking elites and Unggoy at the front and inside the complex, but there were more to reveal. Once within a secluded room, one elite deactivated Camouflage. "We should be safe to uncloak in here, our Commander had graced me with a map of the facility."

@Emory

@Raynar Saassin

Khisan took in his surroundings, scanning the room for any signs of life except for the squad that was accompanying the Zealot and, satisfied that they had gone undetected, deactivated his camouflage. His hand clasped a deactivated energy sword, tightening his grasp anxiously. Opening communications with Chur’R-Yar he spoke in a husky voice, keeping his volume low to avoid detection.

“We’re in position and await your signal.”

He turned a stern eye on his squad and stared them up and down for a brief moment.

“Prepare yourselves.”

Last edited:
"Alright. Wait for a loud explosion and the sound of Plasma, and then move in. They may be monitoring our communications if they are smart enough so keep silent. Chur'R-Yar out." She responded and closed the communications.

"Understood. We're with you." The elites responded to Khisan's words and prepared themselves. Some of them had Plasma Rifles, while a few had Carbines, and the grunts had their Plasma Pistols and Needlers. After a long duration, the sound of Plasma explosions rang out. That must of been the signal Chur'R-Yar was referring to.

"The fighting has started, on your word, and we will strike."

@Emory

At the sound of a plasma explosion Khisan activated his energy sword with a flick of his wrist and kicked the door down. “Onward to glory!” Without waiting for his squad he leapt from the room and into the hallway spotting a trio of elites running towards Chur’R-Yar’s explosion with plasma rifles in hand.

Without breaking stride Khisan tackled the nearest one and plunged his sword deep into the elite’s chest, eliciting a pained groan from him. The other two spun around and backed away from their aggressor providing themselves with space in which they could engage the Zealot while keeping out of range of his sword. This sent him diving behind a table just in time to avoid a flurry of plasma rounds which scorched the wooden surface. With his offhand he drew his plasma rifle and returned fire, peppering the enemies’ shields before ducking again into cover.

"Brothers, keep our Zealot covered!" A elite barked as the two Carbine Elites took cover besides Khisan and positioned themselves next to him. "We have you covered. We'll provide covering fire while you run up, is that okay?" A elite asked, popping up and shooting off the tanks of a couple Grunts then popping back down.

Meanwhile the large battle raged on as Chur'R-Yar's Corvette arrived at the Heretic Base and began bombarding it, spirits dropping down and releasing platoons of Covenant. She was definitely sending quite the arsenal at one out-post. Seeing an opportunity, she contacted the team.

"Khisan, status report."

Amidst the bombardment Khisan knelt behind cover as the assault began. Plasma fire blasted the table he used for cover though it subsided as reinforcements arrived to provide fire support. One of the heretic elites dropped to the floor with a metallic clang so Khisan decided to leap over his cover and engage the final elite with his energy sword. A couple of bursts from the elite’s plasma rifle flickered against the zealot’s shields but he shrugged them off and lashed out with his sword. The blade slashed through the rifle which clattered to the floor in two separate pieces. But before the weapon had even hit the ground Khisan had thrust his sword hilt-deep into the elite’s chest. A grunt escaped the elite’s mouth and he fell to the ground in a pool of dark blue blood. With the excitement breaking for a moment Khisan allowed himself to breathe though his rest was interrupted by the shipmaster who requested his status. “These heretics have no idea what hit them. Our forces shall soon emerge victorious!”

"Good. I'd like you to take in mind that we've detected UNSC ships entering the space above the planet. Nothing too big, just one frigate and a bunch of fighters. We're pulling out of the planet to engage. You and your task force must remain on objective. I'll keep you posted, Chur'R-Yar out."

After they had finished taking out the large amount of Heretics, there was a particular room that sparked the interest of one of the elites under Khisan's unit, and approached the Zealot. "Commander. There's a information room further ahead. If we're lucky, we can regain some of the tactical information they have stolen from us."

@Emory

“Noted,” Khisan said, acknowledging the shipmaster’s statement. Another barrage shook the corridor yet the Zealot stood firm and held his arm out in an effort to keep his feet underneath himself.

As one of the elites under his command approached him and reported on the room up ahead Khisan eyed the doorway cautiously and strode forward with a confident gait. “Then we shall cleanse them of their heresy.” He spun his head toward one of the elites and made a clenched a tight fist. “Take the grunts and clear out this heretic filth. And you,” he said now turning his eyes on the other elite. “Come with me.” Without another word Khisan waited for his orders to be carried out before kicking in the door to the room and lurching forward with his energy sword at hand.

"You heard the Zealot. We head to their main chambers, and cleanse it of the heretic filth! For the Covenant!" The Elite exclaimed as he took the rest of the squad and rushed towards the central chambers of the outpost and began immediately opening fire on the resting Heretics, catching them completely off guard.

"Understood, Commander. My blade is yours." The other elite exclaimed as he followed up the kick with his own and the door flung forward and squashed a Heretic Grunt against the wall, causing all the others to wake up. The other elite proceeded to pull out a Plasma Grenade and threw it towards the group and destroyed them all except one in which he blasted it with his Plasma Rifle. "The room is clear, Zealot. After you."

@Emory

Khisan filled with satisfaction at the sound of his squad engaging the remaining heretics and turned his attention towards his own task. With the room now cleared he strode inside and approached a series of consoles by the far wall of the room, activating a screen and scanning the data displayed. He exhaled sharply knowing very well this couldn’t remain in enemy hands. “We take everything.”

Back