Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stiles"

The Nogitsune immediately knew what he needed to do as soon as Mason was knocked out. He quickly dashed out of the chamber. " Mason, are you okay? I saw you take that punch and it looked painful," he replied, looking to see if he would need help up.

@Alex Azure @Minerva @Hahli Nuva

"I'm fine. I was just remembering someone." She said, seeming to get happy.
"A friend? That's good. Remembering friends can help us through tough times."

Gully smiled and turned to watch the fight between Will and Cole.
View attachment 3012
Mason looked away and blushed in embarassment for a moment. "O-Oh. I guess you're right. I was kinda sti-" Mason had dropped his guard and his shield, and recieved a full power Saiyan punch, sending him flying out of the time chamber.

@Crow @Lucky

He came skidding to a halt at Aigis's feet, lying supine.

View attachment 3013
"Hey Aigis. Maybe training can wait for a little bit. And it's fine that you don't recognize her. You did your best."

Mason picked himself up off the ground and dusted off his shirt and pants, even if there wasn't anything on them. He did happen to catch the conversation going on between the two girls. Once he was fully dusted off, he noticed the look on Aigis's face.

View attachment 3012
"Remembering the kind of friends that have both happy and sad memories attached? I... I understand that feeling."

Mason's own memories began to turn back to the people he missed. He thought, (Why did I come here? To leave more friends behind? No, I met an old one here. Sort of. Maybe I want to just run away from old memories.)

"Who was it, if you don't mind me asking?"

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva
Well, all of this random sparring and declarations was making this hard for Kintoki to keep up with. While he was wanting to get in on some action too, he didn't want to jump right at it with how the rowdy Saber was declaring her want to beat up Cell. For now he decided to talk it out with some others that were present.

❝ Er... I don't think I made lots of friends. All I did was go around and hunt down oni. Kinda hard to do that when that's all I do... and when she was watching over me. ❞ He scratched the back of his head at the thought. Even if he was wearing shades, his face practically spelled embarrassment.

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Alex Azure

"Mm..." Shiori considered both Will's and Cole's answers before simply shrugging. It wasn't like she was some leader herself, and she could understand the feeling of wanting a leader who understand what being on the battlefield was like. Then some bald guy told her he didn't even see the need for a leader, though she wasn't sure if it was just a lack of motivation for his legitimate opinion. "Alright, alright, I'll leave this leader stuff up to you guys then."

She turned to look at Saitama.

"By the way, did you not want to establish a leader cause you think we don't need one, or just cause it seemed like a pain?"

@Ver @Cromartous @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Will smirked. Cole was quite the improv, it seemed. She could have read his entire thought process and stopped his moves before they even launched, but no. Will was an honorable warrior. There was a very good reason she had been chosen to lead the second generation of Guardians.

With a mind quick as lightning, Will simply leapt into the air, dodging the electric projectile completely while bending her head back to give the man a not so subtle wink. As Cole flanked her side, she gathered an orb of wind ki in her other palm, stretching her arm back behind her as she descended to the lookout like a bullet. Will slammed her left palm on the tile as she landed, causing a whirlwind effect that might have blown everyone straight away from the lookout had they not been superhuman.

The force of the wave must have had an effect on Cole. But Will couldn't see what.
Knocked off guard by the sudden burst of wind, Cole struggled to balance himself for a moment, his arms stretched out it a futile attempt to balance himself - from the looks of things, Will had a lot more than the one trick on her repertoire. Wind and fire were a dangerous combination to say the least, but then again, so was ice and electricity...

Sending volt after bolt through his legs, Cole quickly regained his composure, magnetically rooting himself in the ground- if would take much more than that to send him flying of the edge of the palace.

"You're good, I'll give ya that" Cole smiled, reentering his battle stance "Looks like I'm gonna have the raise the bar..."

Charging towards Will yet again, this time rooting himself with his powers, Cole prepared for his second attack. Mere inches away from striking distance, Cole leaped into the air, releasing his tether and entering an arching front flip over Will's head. From what he could tell, her combat relied on one factor over all others- her mobility. If she could jump, she couldn't create another whirlwind. If she could get some distance between the two of them, she could spit fire again. Her offence was deadly and it was swift, and he doubted he could pit match her without taking things too far. He would have to take the ball into his own court.

Whilst above Will, Cole unleashed a stream of lighting from his hand, forming an electric tether between the two of them. For as long a son he maintained the line, wherever she went, he went. They were to be lassoed together by lighting, bringing the fight into a much closer circle.

"Let's see how ya fight on the grown, man. I don't think your fireball's will be much good a time this range."

View attachment 3012
Mason looked away and blushed in embarassment for a moment. "O-Oh. I guess you're right. I was kinda sti-" Mason had dropped his guard and his shield, and recieved a full power Saiyan punch, sending him flying out of the time chamber.

@Crow @Lucky

View attachment 3013
"Hey Aigis. Maybe training can wait for a little bit. And it's fine that you don't recognize her. You did your best."

Mason picked himself up off the ground and dusted off his shirt and pants, even if there wasn't anything on them. He did happen to catch the conversation going on between the two girls. Once he was fully dusted off, he noticed the look on Aigis's face.

View attachment 3012
"Remembering the kind of friends that have both happy and sad memories attached? I... I understand that feeling."

Mason's own memories began to turn back to the people he missed. He thought, (Why did I come here? To leave more friends behind? No, I met an old one here. Sort of. Maybe I want to just run away from old memories.)

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva
Well, all of this random sparring and declarations was making this hard for Kintoki to keep up with. While he was wanting to get in on some action too, he didn't want to jump right at it with how the rowdy Saber was declaring her want to beat up Cell. For now he decided to talk it out with some others that were present.

❝ Er... I don't think I made lots of friends. All I did was go around and hunt down oni. Kinda hard to do that when that's all I do... and when she was watching over me. ❞ He scratched the back of his head at the thought. Even if he was wearing shades, his face practically spelled embarrassment.

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Alex Azure
"Oh, it was my... friend Minato." She said calmly to Mason. "He sacrificed himself to save the rest of the world."

Knocked off guard by the sudden burst of wind, Cole struggled to balance himself for a moment, his arms stretched out it a futile attempt to balance himself - from the looks of things, Will had a lot more than the one trick on her repertoire. Wind and fire were a dangerous combination to say the least, but then again, so was ice and electricity...

Sending volt after bolt through his legs, Cole quickly regained his composure, magnetically rooting himself in the ground- if would take much more than that to send him flying of the edge of the palace.

"You're good, I'll give ya that" Cole smiled, reentering his battle stance "Looks like I'm gonna have the raise the bar..."

Charging towards Will yet again, this time rooting himself with his powers, Cole prepared for his second attack. Mere inches away from striking distance, Cole leaped into the air, releasing his tether and entering an arching front flip over Will's head. From what he could tell, her combat relied on one factor over all others- her mobility. If she could jump, she couldn't create another whirlwind. If she could get some distance between the two of them, she could spit fire again. Her offence was deadly and it was swift, and he doubted he could pit match her without taking things too far. He would have to take the ball into his own court.

Whilst above Will, Cole unleashed a stream of lighting from his hand, forming an electric tether between the two of them. For as long a son he maintained the line, wherever she went, he went. They were to be lassoed together by lighting, bringing the fight into a much closer circle.

"Let's see how ya fight on the grown, man. I don't think your fireball's will be much good a time this range."

Will grunted as she was struck by the tether, linking the two warriors together. The electricity seemed to have no ill effect on The Keeper. In fact, it almost seemed as if Will was absorbing it....

"Hmm. Not bad. Don't know you well enough to be this close. Let's fix that, hm?"

The Keeper took one look at the edge of the platform, giving Cole a knowing smirk. In a flash, she began to soar to the edge, taking Cole with her as the two leapt off of the side of Dende's Lookout.

"Oh, it was my... friend Minato." She said calmly to Mason. "He sacrificed himself to save the rest of the world."

Gully listened with interest. A friend that sacrificed themselves to save the world? She felt like she knew someone like that. Then it hit her. Her father, Aramus, had done just that.

latest

"If we're entering a tournament, I don't see why we'd need a leader." Lumine spoke up, watching Will and Cole spar against each other.

@Hahli Nuva @Cromartous @Anyone

Gully listened with interest. A friend that sacrificed themselves to save the world? She felt like she knew someone like that. Then it hit her. Her father, Aramus, had done just that.

"He must have been a great person to make a sacrifice like that. I don't think anybody needs to be sacrificed this time, though. We're gonna beat Cell, then we'll all go home. Right?"

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Gummi Bunnies

tumblr_inline_o5ttl2s_El_C1u3unvd_100.png

"Huh? Uhh... well, I'm just a hero. Used to be for fun, but then I managed to make a job out of it. Not sure what you mean by special though," Saitama said flatly in response to Cerin, not even really looking him in the eye, his attention more focused on the sky above, as though he were still trying to decipher where the heck he even really was. Though, again, it was probably moot if he was able to get "not in his home world" at the very least.

To Shiori, his brow furrowed slightly, but otherwise, his expression remained mostly unchanged.

"Well... Maybe a bit of both. I've never really needed to plan anything out myself; I just hit a bad guy and he goes down, easy, and at this point, I don't think I could really hope for this Cell guy to be any different," he responded, scratching his cheek with his gloved index finger.

@Kaykay @Lucky

Will grunted as she was struck by the tether, linking the two warriors together. The electricity seemed to have no ill effect on The Keeper. In fact, it almost seemed as if Will was absorbing it....

"Hmm. Not bad. Don't know you well enough to be this close. Let's fix that, hm?"

The Keeper took one look at the edge of the platform, giving Cole a knowing smirk. In a flash, she began to soar to the edge, taking Cole with her as the two leapt off of the side of Dende's Lookout.
Cole soon found himself being dragged toe first his own tether. Maybe this hasn't been his greatest plan. With his powers being divided between both his ground tether and his connection to Will, Cole was forced to sprint to try to keep up with the Keeper, or else find himself being pulled face first across the tiles.

"Are you sure you want to go through a this?" Cole spoke through a grin "Ya could always leggo now - and I wouldn't rub it in too much"

Edge seemed to get closer and closer by the second and Cole was met with another simply choice - he could call her bluff or--

Before he could finish the thought he was sent into a tailspin, the two heroes gaining chilling speed as the coulda parted before them. The ground seemed to rise to been them like the midday tide, green specks looking more like tree's with every blink.

The son of a gun had done it. Without a doubt Will had won his vote, his respect and his admiration in one swift move. She had made the tough call and called his bluff - with Kuo back at home, he'd found the one other person he'd take orders from. Either that or the adrenaline of the fall was messing with his head. Either way this was the kind of memory that would make Zeke green with jealous when he came back home; it was every day that he was dragged of a magical castle into a free fall by another conduit - no, by his equal.

"No use in cutting the fun short yet, is there?" Cole cried, sending two great pires of thunder blasting from his palms and into the land bellow, sending a thick mountain of dust up to greet them. Of course, he had hoped to keep the full extent of his powers secret for a while longer, but at the same, he really didn't want to have Piccolo scrape him off the sidewalk before he even got to meet Cell. It was a worth sacrifice- secrecy for survival; besides, he still had a fair few tricks up his sleeves.

Stabilising and slowing himself on his newfound stilts, Cole unleashed a second burst of power, propelling Will and himself back up towards the tower, the winds sending his coat flying and flapping behind him like cape.

"Tell me" Cole joked "Do all your sparring sessions end with life-or-death falls? 'Cause of they do, we're gonna have to have a rematch when all this is over"

Cole soon found himself being dragged toe first his own tether. Maybe this hasn't been his greatest plan. With his powers being divided between both his ground tether and his connection to Will, Cole was forced to sprint to try to keep up with the Keeper, or else find himself being pulled face first across the tiles.

"Are you sure you want to go through a this?" Cole spoke through a grin "Ya could always leggo now - and I wouldn't rub it in too much"

Edge seemed to get closer and closer by the second and Cole was met with another simply choice - he could call her bluff or--

Before he could finish the thought he was sent into a tailspin, the two heroes gaining chilling speed as the coulda parted before them. The ground seemed to rise to been them like the midday tide, green specks looking more like tree's with every blink.

The son of a gun had done it. Without a doubt Will had won his vote, his respect and his admiration in one swift move. She had made the tough call and called his bluff - with Kuo back at home, he'd found the one other person he'd take orders from. Either that or the adrenaline of the fall was messing with his head. Either way this was the kind of memory that would make Zeke green with jealous when he came back home; it was every day that he was dragged of a magical castle into a free fall by another conduit - no, by his equal.

"No use in cutting the fun short yet, is there?" Cole cried, sending two great pires of thunder blasting from his palms and into the land bellow, sending a thick mountain of dust up to greet them. Of course, he had hoped to keep the full extent of his powers secret for a while longer, but at the same, he really didn't want to have Piccolo scrape him off the sidewalk before he even got to meet Cell. It was a worth sacrifice- secrecy for survival; besides, he still had a fair few tricks up his sleeves.

Stabilising and slowing himself on his newfound stilts, Cole unleashed a second burst of power, propelling Will and himself back up towards the tower, the winds sending his coat flying and flapping behind him like cape.

"Tell me" Cole joked "Do all your sparring sessions end with life-or-death falls? 'Cause of they do, we're gonna have to have a rematch when all this is over"

Will couldn't remember the last time she had fun during a battle. In her early years, when she was still young, it had been fun to zip around her enemies, knocking them over like bowling pins. Darkness would have none of that, however. Every enemy Will faced had the full intention of killing her.

But this? This was different. This was more than just a simple sparring match. This was a chance for Will to cut loose, to show off and prove why she could handle the burden of leadership.

Cole was a fascinating character, no doubt. He definitely had some tricks up his sleeve, and even though she wasn't affected by his attacks much she knew he was a force to be reckoned with.

Will smirked, finally snapping her fingers and freeing them from the tether. Cole looked a bit funny with his hand stilts. Before she knew it, the words had left her mouth.

"Only when they show me a good time..."

Will mentally kicked herself. Wrong choice of words. Himerish and Matt were probably watching her every move.

Last edited:
View attachment 3012

@Crow @Lucky

View attachment 3013

View attachment 3012

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva
"Stiles"

The Nogitsune immediately knew what he needed to do as soon as Mason was knocked out. He quickly dashed out of the chamber. " Mason, are you okay? I saw you take that punch and it looked painful," he replied, looking to see if he would need help up.

@Alex Azure @Minerva @Hahli Nuva
" Stiles"

" If you get any pain or feel to be in pain, I could absorb it. I learned how to absorb pain after spending a little time away from home... turned out that I wasn't so human, just took longer for my powers to come in," he lied.

@Alex Azure @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Gummi Bunnies
View attachment 3014
"I'm fine, Stiles. I've taken worse. I think I'm done training for right now though."

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

"Ahhh! Mason!"

Ben-Saiyan emerged from the chamber, running after him. He seemed too focused on Mason to care about the newly-arrived Z-fighters, but these very Z-fighters might be shocked at the sight of another monkey-tailed boy before them - something they haven't seen after Frieza's defeat. These Z-Fighters might note how his hair, voice and even his size to a degree was remniscent of a young Goku.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry man, I never realised a guy this little can deal... this much."

He prepares to tap at the Omnitrix emblem at his belt.

"Darn it, I've got no healing aliens. Looks like you'll need to recover the old fashioned way - take some rest first."

Ben-Saiyan looks at his palms.

"Huh, and I thought Laservision was the only one I needed to worry about. I just get more and more destructive transformations every once in a while, and something tells me I don't have all day to practice how to control them. Maybe someone who was born as them can help me..."

Ben-Saiyan turns to Stiles.

"He's... going to be OK, right?"

@Raynar Saassin @Alex Azure @Minerva @Lucky @Hahli Nuva

Will couldn't remember the last time she had fun during a battle. In her early years, when she was still young, it had been fun to zip around her enemies, knocking them over like bowling pins. Darkness would have none of that, however. Every enemy Will faced had the full intention of killing her.

But this? Thus was different. This was more than just a simple sparring match. This was a chance for Will to cut loose, to show off and prove why she could handle the burden of leadership.

Cole was a fascinating character, no doubt. He definitely had some tricks up his sleeve, and even though she wasn't affected by his attacks much she knew he was a force to be reckoned with.

Will smirked, finally snapping her fingers and freeing them from the tether. Cole looked a bit funny with his hand stilts. Before she knew it, the words had left her mouth.

"Only when they show me a good time..."

Will mentally kicked herself. Wrong choice of words. Himerish and Matt were probably watching her every move.
Cole ran over Wills words again and again. A good time, huh? There was an ocean subtext he could swim through to understand that sentence, but he was never one for deep reading- if he was, he probably would have stayed in college. "Well" he responded instinctively, his smile never shaken "Next time I'll have to really impress ya. Winner'll buy the first round"

Upon touching down on Dende's place, Cole broke his tethers and dusted himself off, straightening his bag strap slapping the ash from his hair. The fate of the world aside, a great excitement began to burn inside Cole- he could hardly wait to give Cell the beat down he deserved- he was more than ready now, unless Will got to him first.
"Mm..." Shiori considered both Will's and Cole's answers before simply shrugging. It wasn't like she was some leader herself, and she could understand the feeling of wanting a leader who understand what being on the battlefield was like. Then some bald guy told her he didn't even see the need for a leader, though she wasn't sure if it was just a lack of motivation for his legitimate opinion. "Alright, alright, I'll leave this leader stuff up to you guys then."

She turned to look at Saitama.

"By the way, did you not want to establish a leader cause you think we don't need one, or just cause it seemed like a pain?"

@Ver @Cromartous @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT
tumblr_inline_o5ttl2s_El_C1u3unvd_100.png

"Huh? Uhh... well, I'm just a hero. Used to be for fun, but then I managed to make a job out of it. Not sure what you mean by special though," Saitama said flatly in response to Cerin, not even really looking him in the eye, his attention more focused on the sky above, as though he were still trying to decipher where the heck he even really was. Though, again, it was probably moot if he was able to get "not in his home world" at the very least.

To Shiori, his brow furrowed slightly, but otherwise, his expression remained mostly unchanged.

"Well... Maybe a bit of both. I've never really needed to plan anything out myself; I just hit a bad guy and he goes down, easy, and at this point, I don't think I could really hope for this Cell guy to be any different," he responded, scratching his cheek with his gloved index finger.

@Kaykay @Lucky
"Maybe ya both right" Cole panted, reabsorbing his excess lighting. "Maybe we won't need a captain for the tournament, but if things go sideways- or Cell decides he doesn't want to play by the rules- I want someone I can trust calling the shots, don't you?" Wiping the dust from his face, Cole continued "Maybe we don't need official leaders, but if we end up having to rush Mr.Planet Destroyer, I want to know who I'll be fighting with. Names Cole, by the way. Cole MacGrath"

Cole ran over Wills words again and again. A good time, huh? There was an ocean subtext he could swim through to understand that sentence, but he was never one for deep reading- if he was, he probably would have stayed in college. "Well" he responded instinctively, his smile never shaken "Next time I'll have to really impress ya. Winner'll buy the first round"

Upon touching down on Dende's place, Cole broke his tethers and dusted himself off, straightening his bag strap slapping the ash from his hair. The fate of the world aside, a great excitement began to burn inside Cole- he could hardly wait to give Cell the beat down he deserved- he was more than ready now, unless Will got to him first.

"Maybe ya both right" Cole panted, reabsorbing his excess lighting. "Maybe we won't need a captain for the tournament, but if things go sideways- or Cell decides he doesn't want to play by the rules- I want someone I can trust calling the shots, don't you?" Wiping the dust from his face, Cole continued "Maybe we don't need official leaders, but if we end up having to rush Mr.Planet Destroyer, I want to know who I'll be fighting with. Names Cole, by the way. Cole MacGrath"

"True. Leader's aren't needed in a tournament setting. But if I know my megalomaniacs, Cell won't fight by the rules for long. Name's Will. Will Vandom."

The Keeper gave Cole a warm smile, extending her hand for him to shake.

It was a shame that their sparring session was over. Will was looking forwards to seeing what Cole could really do once he let loose.

She hadn't shown Cole her full arsenal, as she was sure he himself was holding back.

"Ahhh! Mason!"

Ben-Saiyan emerged from the chamber, running after him. He seemed too focused on Mason to care about the newly-arrived Z-fighters, but these very Z-fighters might be shocked at the sight of another monkey-tailed boy before them - something they haven't seen after Frieza's defeat. These Z-Fighters might note how his hair, voice and even his size to a degree was remniscent of a young Goku.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry man, I never realised a guy this little can deal... this much."

He prepares to tap at the Omnitrix emblem at his belt.

"Darn it, I've got no healing aliens. Looks like you'll need to recover the old fashioned way - take some rest first."

Ben-Saiyan looks at his palms.

"Huh, and I thought Laservision was the only one I needed to worry about. I just get more and more destructive transformations every once in a while, and something tells me I don't have all day to practice how to control them. Maybe someone who was born as them can help me..."

Ben-Saiyan turns to Stiles.

"He's... going to be OK, right?"

@Raynar Saassin @Alex Azure @Minerva @Lucky @Hahli Nuva
"Stiles"

" He says he will be fine, I want to make sure and absorb his pain, but he never answered my request, so I assume that he has no pain and is okayish,"
he replied, looking off to the side.

@Raynar Saassin @Alex Azure @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Crow

"Both of you, I'm fine, really. I hear that we're probably fighting in a tournament, 'cause that's Cell's MO? Well, I'll have to face the fact that I might get a bit beat up there too."

"Don't worry about healing. I've got a couple tricks up my sleeve."

"Though... What was that about absorbing pain?"

@Crow @Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back