Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Riding Hood's display of violence only made the girl grab Jensen closer. "Clearly someone wants to hurt me," She responded back to Aya. "I can not trust any of you if there's someone so...blood lusted among you."

@Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee
"Red Riding Hood is an embodiment of violence where I come from, there is little she doesn't want to hurt," Pinocchio says, "I don't think words alone will stop her. I've only heard some talk of her mannerisms, but to see it up close..."

"Awww... no fun..." Red Hood pouted as Maribel joined Pinocchio in the counter. "If I can't bring my fun here or there, where can I bring it?"

@Takumi @Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Everyone​

Sora joined in restraining Little Red Riding Hood as well, trying to hold her back from behind.

"If we promise to keep her under control, can you let go of our other friend there?"

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon@Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky@Yun Lee

"Red Riding Hood is an embodiment of violence where I come from, there is little she doesn't want to hurt," Pinocchio says, "I don't think words alone will stop her. I've only heard some talk of her mannerisms, but to see it up close..."

"Awww... no fun..." Red Hood pouted as Maribel joined Pinocchio in the counter. "If I can't bring my fun here or there, where can I bring it?"

@Takumi @Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Everyone​

"Hmph! You think I was just talking nonsense? I'll back them up if I have to." She hufffed.

"Bah! That's just great then!" Maribel said in exasperation when Pinocchio explained how Red Riding Hood was usually violent; before looking to Red Hood with, "How about on something like that weird bird monster from earlier! Or just waiting until you get back home!" She groaned, annoyed.

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Everyone

Sora joined in restraining Little Red Riding Hood as well, trying to hold her back from behind.

"If we promise to keep her under control, can you let go of our other friend there?"

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon@Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky@Yun Lee
"Hmph! You think I was just talking nonsense? I'll back them up if I have to." She hufffed.

"Bah! That's just great then!" Maribel said in exasperation when Pinocchio explained how Red Riding Hood was usually violent; before looking to Red Hood with, "How about on something like that weird bird monster from earlier! Or just waiting until you get back home!" She groaned, annoyed.

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Everyone

"Yes, what she says," Pinocchio says, "we'll need to depend you for anything that wants to eat us, and there are some things that neither you nor I can deal with alone."

"Proooomise, you two~?"

"As long as there are more monsters like the big bird up there, we promise. You can let all your pent up rage upon them."

"Will there be looots and looots of-"

"Red Riding Hood," Pinocchio shudders, "we're running low on time. The sooner we get through this, the sooner you can... well..."

"It's a promise then~ don't break it, or I will too~, maybe you two too~."

A great, happy grin forms on the youthful girl's face. It was a bit disturbing if you think about it, but it seems that everything was in order.

"I... I think that settles things," Pinocchio, nervousness in his mouth, says. He turns to Sora, then the newcomer. "Now, please let the man go."

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone

Aya didn't realize her hand of cards included a suicidal joker. Sighing, she lowered her gun. There were enough weapons aimed at the woman already, so honestly adding her own gun to the mix had been nothing but reaction. Better to just try to deescalate.

"Okay. Actually, I don't really know most of these people. But we're trying, okay? Can just...all of us put away the weapons for a moment? None of us want anyone to get hurt here."

"Most of us."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

Aya didn't realize her hand of cards included a suicidal joker. Sighing, she lowered her gun. There were enough weapons aimed at the woman already, so honestly adding her own gun to the mix had been nothing but reaction. Better to just try to deescalate.

"Okay. Actually, I don't really know most of these people. But we're trying, okay? Can just...all of us put away the weapons for a moment? None of us want anyone to get hurt here."

"Most of us."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee
"..."

Geno seemed to begrudgingly comply with Aya's request, lowering his arm and allowing the obtuse gun barrel sprouting from it to quickly vanish back into its wooden compartment.

"Yes... you're right. As you can see, we're all on edge, lady. We know as much about this situation as you do, so let our friend go, and we'll figure out the mystery together," the doll gestured to Jensen, who seemed to be taking the situation marvelously well. For a guy who had a sword pointed at his neck, he seemed much calmer than Mallow, who continued to linger between the two parties and frantically look between them. When it became clear that tensions were dying down, a barely-confident smile (but still confidence, sort of) unfurled across the prince's face.

"O-okay... okay, this is better! Let's all calm down, everyone. We can just talk it out! As the prince of Nimbus Land... I won't allow mindless violence or anything like that! We all look weird, but we're civil, right?"

"Idiots, the lot of you..."

Lara stood a few paces away, her arms folded under her chest as she scoffed and looked to the large sand dunes. They were still no closer to figuring out where they were, and at this rate, they'd probably kill each other first anyway.

"We really don't have time for this. We need to learn to work together, or go our seperate ways. I'm not going to babysit a bunch of toddlers."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark@Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

Lara stood a few paces away, her arms folded under her chest as she scoffed and looked to the large sand dunes. They were still no closer to figuring out where they were, and at this rate, they'd probably kill each other first anyway.

"We really don't have time for this. We need to learn to work together, or go our seperate ways. I'm not going to babysit a bunch of toddlers."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark@Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

Lara's snappy attitude was responded to by an unfamiliar voice. "Such moxy, but not utterly wrong." From the makeshift dirt path emerged a woman dressed in what most figured out to be a military outfit of some sort. She had long flowing silver blond hair and wore thin frame glasses that made her look far less intimidating than her outwards demeanor belied. Stopping a few feet away from where the other girl was holding Jensen hostage she'd address her directly.

"I think your point has been made, Shelke."
Well it was always nice to put a name to a face. The girl now known as Shelke once again relented before letting go of Jensen, her eyes returning to a eerie blue color as well has her sabers disappearing into their hilts.

"They appeared to be a threat."
She gave out as a defense.

"Oh yes, and perhaps they are, but in our current predicament I don't believe we can be too...picky."
Jihl stopped on the last word for a moment as she surveyed the group before continuing. "I'm Jihl Nabaat, and you've already met Shelke Rui. We're refugees in this lost desert, just like all of you. Perhaps we can compare notes on how we ended up here?"

@Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

"My name is Pinocchio," Pinocchio stretches a hand out to shake.

"Last thing I remembered, I was parting ways with a friend of mine I've been travelling with for a bit. I don't think I remember what happened between that and me ending up in the desert."

"Oh, you too~" Red Hood gleed. "I was also parting with one of my friends! She said she didn't want to be with me because I was disturbing her eternal sleep. How rude, I was actually going to help her sleep, uninterrupted by me or anyone else ever again~ That Briar Rose... so stubborn~. Anyways, I was on my way, polishing my coat, and then I don't remember what happened before appearing in this desert..."

Pinocchio takes a few steps away from Red Hood after her share of dialogue.

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @etcetcetc​

Even as the girl let Jensen go, the man was still less than satisfied. A child -- an amateur, even -- in a adult's body wanting to talk about babysitting like she was the one in charge, when in reality, she looked like she was the one about to crack any moment now. Two strange kids causing trouble for everyone, mostly himself. A puppet who was intent on calling him his "friend" if only for the sake of negotiation.

Jensen glanced at Geno and sneered lightly. Two tin men, in a manner of speaking.

And then she appeared. The woman who introduced herself as...

"Jihl Nabaat," Adam repeated. In one sense, one could interpret it like he was simply testing out the name for himself, for his own mouth, but in reality, he spoke it as though directly addressing her, the man crossing his arms as though nothing had happened to him mere moments ago. "I'm hurt that you'd think of me like that. You wouldn't have really let me go out like that, would you?" He spoke in a strange tone, different from how he'd carried his voice before. More familiar -- almost cordial -- but also patronizing in a sense.

Not a tone that one oft took to a stranger.

"I was hoping you could tell how we got here, really."

@Jeremi @Crow @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everybody

"Excuse me? I didn't see you trying to help!" Maribel barked angrily to Lara, placing her fists on her hips. Hiro frowned and tapped her shoulder.

"Ugh, what, Hiro?" She turned her head, before the quiet boy pointed to the newcomer, Jihl.

Lara's snappy attitude was responded to by an unfamiliar voice. "Such moxy, but not utterly wrong." From the makeshift dirt path emerged a woman dressed in what most figured out to be a military outfit of some sort. She had long flowing silver blond hair and wore thin frame glasses that made her look far less intimidating than her outwards demeanor belied. Stopping a few feet away from where the other girl was holding Jensen hostage she'd address her directly.

"I think your point has been made, Shelke."
Well it was always nice to put a name to a face. The girl now known as Shelke once again relented before letting go of Jensen, her eyes returning to a eerie blue color as well has her sabers disappearing into their hilts.

"They appeared to be a threat."
She gave out as a defense.

"Oh yes, and perhaps they are, but in our current predicament I don't believe we can be too...picky."
Jihl stopped on the last word for a moment as she surveyed the group before continuing. "I'm Jihl Nabaat, and you've already met Shelke Rui. We're refugees in this lost desert, just like all of you. Perhaps we can compare notes on how we ended up here?"

"I'm Maribel Mayde, and this bloke right here is Hiro." the redhead greeted and Hiro gave a sheepish grin and wave to Jihl and Shelke.

"We were transported through some dumb portal to an island called...Emberdale, was it?" She turned her head to Hiro, who nodded, "To find some dumb stone tablets and save the world or something! We had literally just booked a room at an inn with our dumb friend when we woke up here in all of this sand with people like her." She explained, waving a hand towards Red Riding Hood with a light scowl. "I don't see why it matters, if we're all from different places." She sighed, crossing her arms. "Now instead of being stuck on one dumb adventure, I'm stuck on another with even worse companions." Really, the only 'sane' one here other than Hiro seemed to be Pinocchio and Maribel herself of course.

@Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @Crow

Last edited:
Even as the girl let Jensen go, the man was still less than satisfied. A child -- an amateur, even -- in a adult's body wanting to talk about babysitting like she was the one in charge, when in reality, she looked like she was the one about to crack any moment now. Two strange kids causing trouble for everyone, mostly himself. A puppet who was intent on calling him his "friend" if only for the sake of negotiation.

Jensen glanced at Geno and sneered lightly. Two tin men, in a manner of speaking.

And then she appeared. The woman who introduced herself as...

"Jihl Nabaat," Adam repeated. In one sense, one could interpret it like he was simply testing out the name for himself, for his own mouth, but in reality, he spoke it as though directly addressing her, the man crossing his arms as though nothing had happened to him mere moments ago. "I'm hurt that you'd think of me like that. You wouldn't have really let me go out like that, would you?" He spoke in a strange tone, different from how he'd carried his voice before. More familiar -- almost cordial -- but also patronizing in a sense.

Not a tone that one oft took to a stranger.

"I was hoping you could tell how we got here, really."

@Jeremi @Crow @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everybody

The look that Jihl gave Jensen was that of an aristocrat looking down at a commoner. Though it seemed to vanish after she pushed up her glasses. "Ah, yes, Jensen. Now I remember you. I suppose I should debrief you..." She looked around the gathered group. "And the rest of the civilians. They all seem rather distraught after all. Let's retreat to some place a bit more comfortable away from the glistening sun. Follow me if you will, perhaps there is something you can share to me as well."

Shelke still didn't seem to trust most of them, Red Riding Hood in particular got a sharp glare from her but that was it as she followed after Jihl through the narrow passageway past the downed ships.

One only followed Jihl's lead to a place where they could rest and share what they knew, even if it were little information to begin with. As she kept quiet, the other Intoner did the exact opposite.

❝ Sooooo, did you guys take a look at all those ships? I've never seen those types of ships before, so I thought they were really cool looking! ❞ Two didn't seem to mind on making casual conversation for now.

@Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Jeremi @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

The look that Jihl gave Jensen was that of an aristocrat looking down at a commoner. Though it seemed to vanish after she pushed up her glasses. "Ah, yes, Jensen. Now I remember you. I suppose I should debrief you..." She looked around the gathered group. "And the rest of the civilians. They all seem rather distraught after all. Let's retreat to some place a bit more comfortable away from the glistening sun. Follow me if you will, perhaps there is something you can share to me as well."

Shelke still didn't seem to trust most of them, Red Riding Hood in particular got a sharp glare from her but that was it as she followed after Jihl through the narrow passageway past the downed ships.

"Civilians?"

Geno didn't seem to catch Jensen's sneer, or at least, he didn't acknowledge it. What he did acknowledge was Jhil's using the word 'civilian' to describe him, which had the star spirit turning back around to look at her with a contemptuous glare. Looking at someone wasn't a threat, was it? Mallow thought it was, or at least he knew Geno enough to know that he doesn't take to being looked down upon by anyone besides his... 'higher authority'. The fluffball expertly rushed over and placed himself in front of his puppet friend, responding to the woman with a brimming smile.

"Aaaaalright! Whatever you say, lady!"
Mallow cheerfully agreed, looking at Geno. "C'mon, Geno. We'll find a way out of here soon enough!" With that, Mallow rushed off after Jhil and Shelke down the narrow passageway.

"...Hmph. You don't need to tell me that," Geno scoffed, hiding his arms beneath his cloak once more and silently treading off after Mallow.

One only followed Jihl's lead to a place where they could rest and share what they knew, even if it were little information to begin with. As she kept quiet, the other Intoner did the exact opposite.

❝ Sooooo, did you guys take a look at all those ships? I've never seen those types of ships before, so I thought they were really cool looking! ❞ Two didn't seem to mind on making casual conversation for now.

@Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Jeremi @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee
"They're kinda... freaky, if you ask me. Back around the Mushroom Kingdom, I only ever saw boats made out of wood. Metal boats seem like they'll... s-sink, you know?"

9ae3349f44698884a4ffb59e59d2363d.png

"Yes... in fact, everything seems to be a bit more metal and plastic around here," Geno idly said as he peered around the steel corridors, "I don't sense as much magic or star power in this place. The Star Road's presence is the dimmest its ever been for me... heh, fights are going to be tough around here. I'm getting kind of excited about it."

a97be8c8e42a7af14e9219753938c8a0.png

"D-don't tell me stuff like that! You were supposed to be the damage dealer of the party! Jeez, I wish Mario was here..."

"Don't worry, my fluffy friend. I don't need star power to use a gun."

"...Don't say stuff like that either!"

"This whole thing is just weird," Joy said, hugging her arms to her as she started walking with the group. "Those ships look like something out of a video game." Everything felt that way, but it was real, here. Like, what the fuck? "I swear, this has GOT to be the most lucid dream I've ever had, or it's...real. I don't think I've fully accepted that, or whatever."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Everyone​

Ramza's cool demeanor through most of the situation changed only briefly at the group being referred to as 'civilians'. Even though he was in a high position, here they were all equals in confusion and he didn't quite appreciate that. Regardless, he followed with the group.
"I've not seen a ship of that sort before either... though, I think that they must be easier to use in battle. They wouldn't burn down!" He twirled his ponytail around his finger.

@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @everyone

"Yeah, cause insulting everyone was a better plan than deplomacy. Wish I'd thought of that."

Aya didn't take well to Lara's attitude, rolling her eyes before moving to follow Jhil. The situation seemed to be at least temporarily resolved and talk could wait for after they'd settled down. The civilian comment got her to raise an eyebrow given her position as an FBI agent, but it seemed like that had little significance here.

She silently wondered what kind of people had only ever seen wooden boats but decided not to comment on the matter, only pensively staring at some of the ships as they walked. The world was a big place after all.

@Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Takumi @Bark @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure

tumblr_inline_nmgkif_Xe2k1rm443s_100.jpg

"Like headless chickens. Most of them, at least," Jensen continued to speak to Jihl with a strangely familiar tone, though it seemed that the two of them worked to keep that to themselves for the most part. He said nothing as the little ones in the group continued to display a degree of unease toward each other, but at least for now, it couldn't be helped. Hopefully, at most, they'd probably just have to be kept away from each other... or at least, Red Hood would have to be kept at length by others.

Raising his hand slightly as if to signal to calm Aya down, even if he understood her feelings, he kept speaking to Jihl. "Not much to say, really. Though... When we woke up here, we heard a woman's voice in our heads telling us to look for her. Ring any bells?"

@Yun Lee @Bark @Jeremi @Crow @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everybody

Charles Eriksen and Chris Eriksen/ Captain Spirit

" So that wasn't a hallucination. Just fucking great, I was hoping that it was. So what exactly do you two know about what is going on here? " He asked looking over at his son.

" I think this is great, a fun adventure to go on as Captain Spirit." It seemed that Chris was oblivious to how dangerous this was.

@Yun Lee @Bark @Jeremi @Crow @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Takumi @Ver @Everybody

tumblr_inline_nmgkif_Xe2k1rm443s_100.jpg

"Like headless chickens. Most of them, at least," Jensen continued to speak to Jihl with a strangely familiar tone, though it seemed that the two of them worked to keep that to themselves for the most part. He said nothing as the little ones in the group continued to display a degree of unease toward each other, but at least for now, it couldn't be helped. Hopefully, at most, they'd probably just have to be kept away from each other... or at least, Red Hood would have to be kept at length by others.

Raising his hand slightly as if to signal to calm Aya down, even if he understood her feelings, he kept speaking to Jihl. "Not much to say, really. Though... When we woke up here, we heard a woman's voice in our heads telling us to look for her. Ring any bells?"

@Yun Lee @Bark @Jeremi @Crow @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everybody

"A woman's voice?"
Jihl let the question float in the air for a moment. "I certainly don't have anything like that in my head. What about you, Shelke?"

"My mind is mine and mine alone,"
She responded abruptly.

"Seems like you have been touched by a higher power. Let's put a pin in this until after the debriefing."
As they continued their conversation the group soon enough found themselves in front of the huge ship resembling a squid that they had seen earlier on the hill. The insides looked as barren as the others, but there seemed to be a spot where a fire had been started as well as an assortment of large leaves no doubt to create a makeshift bed. "Welcome to our humble abode."

As everyone arrived and made themselves comfortable Jihl would explain what she knew about the situation. "I'm just going to cut to the chase, I work with an organization that deals with multiversal threats. About a month ago we noticed that some worlds just suddenly went dark and could not be reached no matter how hard we tried. It seemed to follow a pattern of some sort and we managed to extrapolate the next target of this incursion, which happened to be the world I originated from. I and a group of soldiers arrived only to be engulfed in the darkness. When I came too I was here in this desert. The only survivor." She motioned towards Shelke. "That's when I met Shelke."

"My story is much the same. I was working with my friends when...everything became dark, and now I am here."
Shelke seemed disheartened as she slumped down on the floor. "For how long I can't say."

"Yes, well, time does not seem to matter much in this place. The shifting of night or day seems to be on a whim rather than on any real cycle. That is the extent of our knowledge."
With that she turned to question the group. "Earlier you mentioned a voice in your head. Do you recall anything else it said or showed inside your mind? Perhaps we've finally found a key to solve this puzzle."

tumblr_inline_nm8xoncmk81rm443s_100.jpg

"A higher power? All things considered, I didn't think you were any sort of believer, Jihl," Adam said, continuing to go along with the woman and the girl named Shelke. As they went on, eventually reaching the so-called abode, the man in black crossed his arms. He said nothing as Jihl talked about the... organization she worked in, and how she'd come to be here.

Let's just say it lined up.

When the woman further inquired about what the voice showed, the man shrugged his shoulders. "It only said... that we should seek her to find salvation. We also saw a big bird in the air, but... I guess if that doesn't ring any bells...?"

@Jeremi @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back