Status
Not open for further replies.
030.png

"That's not... exactly what I meant," Akane could only say as Siege confidently brushed off the thought of a militia. Well, perhaps she ought to kick such thoughts away anyway. Such a scenario like that was hardly reasonable or realistic... Right?

In response to Umi, the young woman could only let out a breath. "I can only hope so, Miss Sonoda, but... Well, I suppose we'll see about that. Bad news comes as good news to a lot of people, but the question is... I'm not sure what the best scenario is. That nothing ever changes from here on out, or something even worse than before happens that lets us live down our own sins..." She said. Normally, Akane considered herself more of a somewhat optimistic person, but no matter what, it seemed like every world she was in was out to punish the wide-eyed, naive doe by exposing them to the depths of humanity's sins.

Still, she went ahead and put a (somewhat forced) smile toward Umi, Toboe, and Siege (even after the larger man had his brief outburst which made the situation just a tad more awkward), as though unwilling to shy away from the darkness, nor willing to succumb to such ugliness.

ppm9.png

"Aha, but... um, thank you for the kind words and thoughts. It's nice to remember that at least there's some people on my -- on our, more like -- side..." She sheepishly spoke, leading everyone into the elevator with that and heading for the floor that Carth and Ginoza were on.

"Let's all continue to just do our best, okay?"

As Camilla entered the scene and handed Ginoza her papers, the raven-haired man took them with a nod, putting them down on his desk. Looking up at the woman, he clasped his hands together.

A017.png

"I don't believe the armor will be quite necessary, Miss Camilla, but then, I suppose one can't be too careful these days, at least when you're a member of the United Universes," he spoke formally, giving Harper a brief side-long glance at her last comment, clearing his throat as though to shift the conversation back to the matter at hand as he stood up. With a ragtag band like the company he'd found himself with, it almost reminded him a bit of home, between the deviants (deliberate or not) and Akane being his co-workers. Of course, it had been a while since he found himself issuing any sort of orders, especially concerning a field assignment, and even moreso, an informal one such as this. In that regard, he was practically more like taking time off than anything else. But then, if he had Akane's supervision, perhaps it could really pass as a formal mission then...

But alas, it was amazing how much he had changed ever since the incident, but then, a lot had happened in too short a span of time. Even if he were still an Inspector back home, he probably wouldn't have thought to issue a mission like this, formal or not.

"Well, I guess if you don't think it's overdoing it, then I guess it's not my place to say any more," Carth shrugged, "Are you really sure about marching straight to the lion's den though? At this point, going to the Tomorrow base of operations would be like walking straight into a doghouse."

"If I have to put down dogs, then so be it, but for everyone's sake, let's hope it doesn't come to that," Ginoza responded almost ruthlessly with a shrug, "We'll have to have a word with Mr. Carver himself then and... clear the air. After all, I think both parties would benefit from not having to dedicate so much energy into thinking about this garbage that passes for news these days, and maybe after everything's over and done with, we can all dedicate our efforts to more worthwhile endeavors."

"This has all gone on long enough; I imagine it goes without saying at this point when it directly affects the morale of the employees here, especially given the number of resignations during and following the Coalition Civil War. It may seem a bit petty when one puts it on paper, but I don't see any other choice. Wouldn't you all agree?"

@Yun Lee @Donder172 @Siege @Minerva @Raptor Jesus @Neko Shogun @Takumi @Lucky
tumblr_inline_nl2h9nPifO1sv22sw.png

“Yeah, I’ve spent a while building up my reputation here. Last thing I need is some bullshit paper ruinin’ all that for me. Luckily, I played my cards right and stayed the hell out of the Civil War.“
Pausing, Harper would glance to the side and smirk a little.

tumblr_inline_nl2hc1ZXoA1sv22sw.png

“....But hell, looks like the Coalition’s rep was hurt worse by that, what with all those Revanchist double-agents being revealed and all that.” Harper said as she’s casually hopped up from her position on the desk.

tumblr_inline_nl2h87SwcJ1sv22sw.png

Turning to Ginoza, Harper placed a hand on her hip and raised a brow exquisitely. “So I will or won’t need my pulser rifle for this little field trip?”

@Ver @Minerva

In the building, Meetra would be able to spot Harper, Carth, Ginoza, and Camilla huddled around a cubicle, talking about approaching the headquarters for the Tomorrow news outlet and clear the air, considering the amount of slander that they'd been publishing in regards to the United Universes.

A006.png

"..."

Neither Carth nor Ginoza commented on Harper's remarks about the Coalition, the latter of the two simply shrugging his shoulders dismissively, as if not caring about the activities of a private organization, even one as big and, dare one say, influential as them, before clearing his throat and speaking again. "Well... I don't think that kind of firepower will be necessary. And besides, we don't want to scare anyone or give them the wrong idea. That won't be a problem, will it? After all, even if we do run into some unruly resistance, you should be able to do well enough with your hands, can't you?"

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, the elevator would open up, wth Akane, Winn, Umi, Siege, and Toboe inside, arriving at the destination. With Akane walking forward, as though leading the others, she made her way to the small crowd, placing the stacks of papers and binders onto the desk like a secretary with a soft thud as though inadvertently interrupting the conversation; all things considered, it was easy for a lot of people to forget that Akane was, for all intents and purposes, everyone's superior within the United Nations. Some could speculate that even she forgot from time to time, but at least she tried her best.

pp18_zps1ab2d295.png

"Here are the reports you needed, Ginoza-san," she said, before looking over and bowing slightly to Carth, Camilla, and Harper, "And good afternoon to you three as well. What are you guys doing here?"

"I could ask you the same; why there's a small crowd gathered around you, but I guess people do tend to just... gravitate around you. Also, you know, the bowing isn't really necessary. After all, we're your subordinates now, remember?" Carth said lightly, causing the mousy young woman to blink sheepishly.

"A-Ah, right. I forgot..."

"In any case, don't worry about it. My business here is done. If you really wanna know though, ask Ginoza here. I'm sure it'll be of some... interest to you, Deputy Secretary-General," he said, eyeing the other man deliberately, wondering what might happen if news of the man's actions reached a higher authority, "I'll be on my way. Don't get into any trouble, Tsunemori," he continued, before abruptly walking off.

"Don't get into any trouble...? What did he mean by that? What were you all talking about?" Akane asked curiously to Ginoza, Camilla, and Harper. A brief awkward silence ensued as Ginoza refrained from answering, the raven-haired man crossing his arms and sighing, as though reluctant to share details, as though waiting for either one to respond.

@Takumi @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva @Raptor Jesus @Lucky @Yun Lee

In the building, Meetra would be able to spot Harper, Carth, Ginoza, and Camilla huddled around a cubicle, talking about approaching the headquarters for the Tomorrow news outlet and clear the air, considering the amount of slander that they'd been publishing in regards to the United Universes.

A006.png

"..."

Neither Carth nor Ginoza commented on Harper's remarks about the Coalition, the latter of the two simply shrugging his shoulders dismissively, as if not caring about the activities of a private organization, even one as big and, dare one say, influential as them, before clearing his throat and speaking again. "Well... I don't think that kind of firepower will be necessary. And besides, we don't want to scare anyone or give them the wrong idea. That won't be a problem, will it? After all, even if we do run into some unruly resistance, you should be able to do well enough with your hands, can't you?"

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, the elevator would open up, wth Akane, Winn, Umi, Siege, and Toboe inside, arriving at the destination. With Akane walking forward, as though leading the others, she made her way to the small crowd, placing the stacks of papers and binders onto the desk like a secretary with a soft thud as though inadvertently interrupting the conversation; all things considered, it was easy for a lot of people to forget that Akane was, for all intents and purposes, everyone's superior within the United Nations. Some could speculate that even she forgot from time to time, but at least she tried her best.

pp18_zps1ab2d295.png

"Here are the reports you needed, Ginoza-san," she said, before looking over and bowing slightly to Carth, Camilla, and Harper, "And good afternoon to you three as well. What are you guys doing here?"

"I could ask you the same; why there's a small crowd gathered around you, but I guess people do tend to just... gravitate around you. Also, you know, the bowing isn't really necessary. After all, we're your subordinates now, remember?" Carth said lightly, causing the mousy young woman to blink sheepishly.

"A-Ah, right. I forgot..."

"In any case, don't worry about it. My business here is done. If you really wanna know though, ask Ginoza here. I'm sure it'll be of some... interest to you, Deputy Secretary-General," he said, eyeing the other man deliberately, wondering what might happen if news of the man's actions reached a higher authority, "I'll be on my way. Don't get into any trouble, Tsunemori," he continued, before abruptly walking off.

"Don't get into any trouble...? What did he mean by that? What were you all talking about?" Akane asked curiously to Ginoza, Camilla, and Harper. A brief awkward silence ensued as Ginoza refrained from answering, the raven-haired man crossing his arms and sighing, as though reluctant to share details, as though waiting for either one to respond.

@Takumi @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva @Raptor Jesus @Lucky @Yun Lee
“Well, okay then. But if they pull out guns and things get ugly, don’t get mad when I say ‘I told you so.’ “ Harper playfully snarked with a light smile as she set her rifle down.

When Akane entered and greeted everyone, Harper flicked her a wave and casually dipped on her coffee. When she asked what they were talking about, Harper paused for a moment as she’s tried to think of an answer.

q3kfJzx.jpg

“Uhhh.... well see uh.... why don’t you take this one while I get more coffee, Ginoza?” Harper said, practically singling out Ginoza as she hurried off to the coffee maker.

@Ver @Lucky @Siege @Takumi @Minerva @Donder172 @Yun Lee

"Wait... what the hell is going on!? I need someone to explain please, after all, I've only been working under your command for a week, so I don't know about events surrounding this place." Siege said as he set down the papers for Ginoza on the table. It was true, only one week ago Siege had applied for the job and he was accepted within 24 hours.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Minerva @Donder172

View attachment 2527
"You mean about what's been happening recently?" Umi didn't fully know all the details herself, but she was definitely willing to help Siege get up to speed. "Well, there was some sort of meeting with another group called the Coalition. The UN works together with them, or at least used to. But that meeting changed everything. It turned out that UN leaders were involved in shady business, with one woman having a spy in the Coalition who turned out to be working for someone else all along, and a man who didn't really act like a leader at all. A lot of people resigned, or came here after resigning from the Coalition, and the woman left to join something called ODMA." Umi frowned. "The thing is, people blame us for what those others did, even though we really had nothing to do with it. Especially some man writing horrible tabloids about us. That's why someone knocked into Miss Tsunemori back there. It's all a horrible mess."

@Siege

View attachment 2527
"You mean about what's been happening recently?" Umi didn't fully know all the details herself, but she was definitely willing to help Siege get up to speed. "Well, there was some sort of meeting with another group called the Coalition. The UN works together with them, or at least used to. But that meeting changed everything. It turned out that UN leaders were involved in shady business, with one woman having a spy in the Coalition who turned out to be working for someone else all along, and a man who didn't really act like a leader at all. A lot of people resigned, or came here after resigning from the Coalition, and the woman left to join something called ODMA." Umi frowned. "The thing is, people blame us for what those others did, even though we really had nothing to do with it. Especially some man writing horrible tabloids about us. That's why someone knocked into Miss Tsunemori back there. It's all a horrible mess."

@Siege

"Thanks Umi... I knew I picked you as a friend for a reason." Siege said. "Know that I'll do all I can to help you guys out."

@Yun Lee

"Thanks Umi... I knew I picked you as a friend for a reason." Siege said. "Know that I'll do all I can to help you guys out."

@Yun Lee
ENVGIEp.png

“Oh! You must be the newbie!” Harper said with a grin as she’s brought the newly made coffee to her lips and slowly took a sip while looking Siege in the eyes.

WZe9Txu.png

“Name’s Harper. Harper Row.” He said as she offered to shake his hand.

@Siege @Ver

View attachment 2527

@Siege

As someone who was regrettably part of the whole Civil War Toboe shifted his weight from one foot the other as Umi summarized the basic happenings to how things got the way they did in the present.

"We really didn't have anything to do with it, since it's the actions of a few that are hurting the rest of us in the present." Toboe sighed, scratching the back of his head as he spoke.

@Yun Lee

As Toboe reaffirmed Umi's statement, she nodded with a frown. "Yeah, I thought so. I don't even think most people here were even at that meeting, save for you, Toboe."

@Takumi

As Toboe reaffirmed Umi's statement, she nodded with a frown. "Yeah, I thought so. I don't even think most people here were even at that meeting, save for you, Toboe."

@Takumi

"Yeah, from what I remember it was me and Cheza, though I'm the only one in this room at the moment. It really was a mess." Toboe shrugged. "Anyway, can't change it, so all we can do is get by." he added. Getting by and surviving were things he was used to, if you lived on a dying world like he did before he even got involved in the multiverse or the UN.

@Yun Lee

Winn Schott

" From my reading of the reports, it did sound like a giant mess and apparently, two people were murdered there. A Tommy Merlyn and Jill Valentine it seems. You know one of those two names sound familiar... almost sounds like a dead person that one of Kara's friends know. Probably a coincidence. Maybe we should go and talk to the person who is spreading the tabloid lies," he said.

@Yun Lee @Siege @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Takumi

CdWuge_W4AAHsCy

"Y-You're not serious, are you?" Umi balked at Winn's idea. "A group of UN members stormimg up to him in some big confrontation...that'll give him an excuse to create an entire lynch mob against us!" She knew his heart was in the right place, but really! Something so rash as that could cause even worse backlash than that Coalition meeting!

@Lucky @Takumi @Siege @Ver

Winn Schott

" I'm not talking about something insane like marching up to his office and confronting him with a ton of people. That would go poorly. I'm talking about talking to him, maybe one or two of us. Just talking. No accusing and no crazy theories, just a conversation," he replied, not wanting to make it sound like they should storm the office. That would be madness.

@Takumi @Siege @Ver @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus

CdWuge_W4AAHsCy

"Y-You're not serious, are you?" Umi balked at Winn's idea. "A group of UN members stormimg up to him in some big confrontation...that'll give him an excuse to create an entire lynch mob against us!" She knew his heart was in the right place, but really! Something so rash as that could cause even worse backlash than that Coalition meeting!

@Lucky @Takumi @Siege @Ver
“Calm your tits, we’re just going for a chat.” Harper said with a side glance toward Umi.

@Yun Lee

"..." Well, when he put it like that... "...Whoever we send-if we even do something like this-would need to be civil about it. Mr. Carver can turn this against us unless we act rational and pleasant." Even if she wasn't 100% on board with this idea, Umi had the feeling that it would happen anyway, considering how...impulsive some of her associates were. She could only hope they'd try to be logical in doing this.

@Lucky

"..." Well, when he put it like that... "...Whoever we send-if we even do something like this-would need to be civil about it. Mr. Carver can turn this against us unless we act rational and pleasant." Even if she wasn't 100% on board with this idea, Umi had the feeling that it would happen anyway, considering how...impulsive some of her associates were. She could only hope they'd try to be logical in doing this.

@Lucky

"Let me go talk with him then." said Siege. Immediately everyone looked at him with looks that Siege could generalize as "Are you crazy?" So he clarified: "I'm normally can pull off a calm act. Besides, he most likely doesn't realize I work for you guys because I've only been here one week. I could safely talk with him in a civilized manner and even get the details you guys want."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Raptor Jesus

Winn looked over at everyone who was in the room and paused, wondering who would be the best qualified to do this task. It would have to be someone who wasn't easy to anger and someone who could be trusted. He paused, thinking about how Kara and him had done things like this and he quickly realized that sending one person would not do if they were tricked by his words or manipulated to lash out.

" I don't think you should go in alone. I imagine if he is spinning words to make us look bad, he could spin words about you that might make you want to provoke him. Perhaps it would be best if at least two of us went, two calm and rational people who can balance each other," Winn replied, trying to figured out who else could go that didn't know a lot about the going ons and couldn't be provoked.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Donder172 @Minerva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back