Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_p7k3zfZjqM1sv22sw_100.png

“So we’re gonna do some Sherlock Holmes type shit?” Harper asked before leaning back, folding her arms, and smirking.

tumblr_inline_p7k3zeHeNH1sv22sw_100.png

“Pssh... well count me the fuck in. And I’ll help snoop around the place. As someone who used to be partners with the quote-on-quote ‘World’s Greatest Detective’, I think that this suits me pretty well.”

tumblr_inline_p7k3zawpEj1sv22sw_100.png

Harper would pause for a moment as her smirk diminished into a more neutral expression, the punk meeting eyes with Ginoza for a brief moment as she posed a question.

“So are there any cameras or anything there that could catch us and our snooping? ‘Cause if there are, I could disable it when we get there, and with the equipment we’ve got, it probably shouldn’t even take a minute.”

@Ver @Lucky @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva @Takumi

"I'll help with that too. I'm not usually for snooping, but I'm willing to do so." Siege said.

@Ver @Donder172 @Every one else

"S-Snooping?!" Umi couldn't believe that they were thinking of that. "You want us to...well of course I'll..." She sputtered, hoping to have finished by saying she would talk to Elliot herself. But...

...snooping would probably be her best bet.

@Ver @Donder172 @Siege

Winn Schott

"
As much fun as I would have exploring or confronting Carver, I think my laptop and I will stay here. I can hack the cameras while you guys are investigating so you aren't caught. I doubt a man such as him would have his area unprotected and unguarded. Allows me to be your eye in the sky," he said.

@Ver @Donder172 @Siege @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus

Winn Schott

"
As much fun as I would have exploring or confronting Carver, I think my laptop and I will stay here. I can hack the cameras while you guys are investigating so you aren't caught. I doubt a man such as him would have his area unprotected and unguarded. Allows me to be your eye in the sky," he said.

"Good, we need someone to do that to ensure this doesn't go wrong." Siege said to Schott.

@Lucky @Yun Lee

Winn Schott

"

"Good, we need someone to do that to ensure this doesn't go wrong." Siege said to Schott.

@Lucky @Yun Lee
tumblr_inline_p7k3zhJl361sv22sw_100.png

“Okay then. It’s not like I just offered to do the exact same fucking thing.” Harper said with a deadpan.

@Siege @Lucky

Winn Schott

Winn smiled, happy that someone agreed with him. He liked to work with tech and to help where he could.

Winn frowned when he saw how angry Harper was. Maybe he should have listened closer to what she had said.

"I don't mind doing some teamwork if you did say it first. I didn't want to steal anything from anyone," he said, thinking of other ways he could help.

@Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Siege

pp34_zps264256b0.png

"..."

As the people packed together around Ginoza's desk bantered back and forth, introducing themselves to one another before recalling the events of the infamous Coalition Civil War and bringing back to mind the tabloid news pieces that Elliot Carver had been spreading all around in his Tomorrow franchise. It seemed, as both Akane and Ginoza could gather from each other's cursory glances, that both of them happened to have the same thing on their minds at that moment.

As everyone continued talking, Akane only uncomfortably looked at Ginoza, personally finding the idea of approaching Carver to be a little counter-productive, but in her heart, she couldn't deny that clearing the air was a desirable outcome. Still, there were points she agreed for and against the notion, including Umi's worries that if they all came together, they would come off as some sort of mad mob.

Once everyone seemed to cool their tracks after a while, Akane felt now was the time to speak up, though for better or for worse, Ginoza felt the same at that moment as well.

"Approaching Mr. Carver like this... I mean, it isn't like he's--"

"Doing anything illegal? Perhaps not, but think of it like we're approaching him as... concerned citizens, rather than representatives of the UN," Ginoza interrupted, crossing his arms, "Besides, if he decides to see it all as business, then so shall we. Nothing personal. Objectively, bad press is good for him, but not for us. A desirable outcome would be for that to stop happening, logically."

"Ginoza..."

tumblr_inline_nyyr9oe_WKt1r3leyb_100.png

"I didn't intend for you to know about it, but if you don't intend on clearing the nature of your character, even in the face of Carver's slander, then I'll do it for you, Tsunemori," Ginoza said resolutely, standing up and putting on his leather jacket, "Besides, the warehouse where he prints his papers isn't so far. That said, how's this for a plan; half of us go inside and have a word with Mr. Carver, and the other half can... snoop around the site."

"Snoop around? For what?"

"Anything that would... convince him to think twice about his current plan."

Akane's eyes widened. "You mean... blackmail material?! That's not...!"

"If he has nothing of his own to hide, then there shouldn't be any problem. And besides, Tsunemori, we were once detectives. Or rather, that is to say, once a detective, always a detective. It was always in our nature to dig through to the truth. Preserving our own, while uncovering it for others," Ginoza said, before turning his gaze to everyone else around, his eyes narrowed into an almost deliberately intimidating expression.

"Any objections?"

@Raptor Jesus @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Minerva @Lucky @Siege @Takumi
"I don't think blackmailing is a good idea..." Meetra said towards Ginoza "...As long as it is not blackmailing, I will help." she added after a moment.

Winn Schott

"

"While useful, I hope we won't need it." Meetra said to Winn.

A002.png

"In the interest of efficiency, I would personally suggest for you to at least accompany the group while on their way to investigate around the warehouse, Mister Schott, if only for the range to help facilitate the hacking process," Ginoza spoke, before looking to the rest of the group.

"Well... Don't everybody clamor to the option of speaking with Mr. Carver himself, then," he continued somewhat sarcastically, a characteristic Akane found somewhat out of place considering how she used to know him as, but of course, Ginoza had not been the same ever since even before their discovery of the multiverse, "But very well. Row, Schott, Surik, Siege, Sonoda... I shall let you all be in charge of the covert investigation if you all insist," he said, before turning to Toboe and Camilla, "What of you two? Will you accompany Tsunemori and I then?"

@Raptor Jesus @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky

A002.png

"In the interest of efficiency, I would personally suggest for you to at least accompany the group while on their way to investigate around the warehouse, Mister Schott, if only for the range to help facilitate the hacking process," Ginoza spoke, before looking to the rest of the group.

"Well... Don't everybody clamor to the option of speaking with Mr. Carver himself, then," he continued somewhat sarcastically, a characteristic Akane found somewhat out of place considering how she used to know him as, but of course, Ginoza had not been the same ever since even before their discovery of the multiverse, "But very well. Row, Schott, Surik, Siege, Sonoda... I shall let you all be in charge of the covert investigation if you all insist," he said, before turning to Toboe and Camilla, "What of you two? Will you accompany Tsunemori and I then?"

"Thank you sir, I won't let you down." Siege said to Ginoza.

@Ver @Everyone else

Winn Schott

" I think I will go with them since it might be better to hack when we are closer. I hope that means everything go well,"
he said, looking at the rest of the group, hoping he hadn't jinxed it.

@Siege @Ver @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Everyone heading to snoop.

A002.png

Camilla would nod. "Indeed, Mister Ginoza." She said calmly. "I believe I should be there to support my fellow Security Council Member. Together, it will be easier to get your point across."​

A002.png

"Mhm! As long as I can help out in some way then I'll do my best." Toboe nodded, rubbing the back of his neck for a moment.

@Ver

A020.png

"Right, then. On the note of the other team being bloated... Tell you what," Ginoza said, the first part mostly to himself, before pointing his finger toward Harper, "So you claim to have worked under someone who called himself the World's Greatest Detective in his home world, eh? Then put those skills to work... back here."

"H-Huh?! The hell are you talking about?!"

"If you're so good with research, maybe you'd do better back here instead of on the front lines. I want you to check through Elliot Carver's past. Where he came from, how he got into this position, what prompts his beliefs, if he's made any certain donations or trips, anything," Ginoza said pointedly.

"I-Is that really so necessary, Ginoza-san? He has a right to his privacy, doesn't he? At least, until we've confirmed that he's done something wrong," Akane said with a worried expression.

"Think of it like this; we're just checking to see if there's any cause to be suspicious of actual wrongdoing in the first place," the black-haired man said. Even though Akane was technically the ranking member here, it was easy to forget such a thing, especially as she didn't seem fond of exerting her power. Of course, even her subordinate Ginoza knew this and felt a little guilty about walking over her like this, but this was something that he believed to certainly be important.

To Harper, he went on. "So I won't hear anything else about it. Put your so-called detective skills at work. Besides, the more I think about it, the more your... personality might easily compromise us. Understood?"

"Ugh... Fine," Harper grunted, rolling her eyes irritably.

With that, the man gathered his beige jacket, before beginning to make his way toward the elevator, looking back at everyone. "Shall we get a move on then? Before any of you get cold feet?"

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva @Lucky

Oh good, Harper wasn't coming along. Why she had thought she could sneak around when she was one of the loudest and hotheaded people within their group, Umi didn't know. At least she knew how to be quiet...

"Right behind you, sir." Umi followed behind Ginoza, ready for this mission. This technically wasn't breaking and entering, right? She hoped not. A felony would look really bad on college applications.

@Ver @Takumi @Donder172 @Minerva @Siege @Lucky

A020.png

"Right, then. On the note of the other team being bloated... Tell you what," Ginoza said, the first part mostly to himself, before pointing his finger toward Harper, "So you claim to have worked under someone who called himself the World's Greatest Detective in his home world, eh? Then put those skills to work... back here."

"H-Huh?! The hell are you talking about?!"

"If you're so good with research, maybe you'd do better back here instead of on the front lines. I want you to check through Elliot Carver's past. Where he came from, how he got into this position, what prompts his beliefs, if he's made any certain donations or trips, anything," Ginoza said pointedly.

"I-Is that really so necessary, Ginoza-san? He has a right to his privacy, doesn't he? At least, until we've confirmed that he's done something wrong," Akane said with a worried expression.

"Think of it like this; we're just checking to see if there's any cause to be suspicious of actual wrongdoing in the first place," the black-haired man said. Even though Akane was technically the ranking member here, it was easy to forget such a thing, especially as she didn't seem fond of exerting her power. Of course, even her subordinate Ginoza knew this and felt a little guilty about walking over her like this, but this was something that he believed to certainly be important.

To Harper, he went on. "So I won't hear anything else about it. Put your so-called detective skills at work. Besides, the more I think about it, the more your... personality might easily compromise us. Understood?"

"Ugh... Fine," Harper grunted, rolling her eyes irritably.

With that, the man gathered his beige jacket, before beginning to make his way toward the elevator, looking back at everyone. "Shall we get a move on then? Before any of you get cold feet?"

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva @Lucky

"I'm ready when you are sir." Siege said.

@Ver

Winn Schott

Winn was very mature about Harper staying behind as he didn't comment on her until he was out of earshot rang where she could punch him. He headed to do some scouting. " Hopefully, we find something at the warehouse," he replied.

@Ver @Warehouse Crew

So it was settled. While Harper stayed behind, Toboe would accompany Ginoza and Akane for behind-the-warehouse investigations, while Umi, Winn, Siege, and Meetra would attempt to reach Carver directly to directly inquire about the nature of his information and how he got them. Or was it the other way around? Was she to accompany Ginoza to face Carver instead? Akane still wasn't sure as she wasn't entirely on board, but here she was, being dragged along.

As the group moved down the elevator of the building and out the headquarters, marching like something resembling an actual organized group, they were met by the busy streets of the world. While some civilians gave uneasy, almost distrustful glances toward the group, who had just appeared out of the UN Headquarters after all, most were too busy and preoccupied with their own activities to take much care or notice of them... though it might have been a little suspect as a few people "accidentally" bumped into those in the group as if to inconvenience them briefly.

The crowd's behavior not going over Ginoza's head, the self-appointed field leader clicked his tongue lightly.

A025.png

"And to think I almost considered the possibility that I was being overly paranoid about the media's influence," the man grunted mostly to himself, though it was audible to everyone around.

"I-I think you're being a bit harsh..."

"Ever the bleeding heart, Tsunemori," Ginoza sighed as they made their way deeper into the city, navigating through until he stopped roughly a block away from the news warehouse, as dictated by the guidance system on his device. Gazing at it passingly, he reiterated the plan.

"Alright, then. Unless you want to make last minute changes on where to go, remember how we're supposed to deal with this. While some of us go out back to investigate any possible suspicious objects of interest, the rest of you call for Mr. Carver and ask him anything. Who his source is, where he got the information from, why he's doing what he is, and so on. Understood?"

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Siege @Minerva @Donder172 @Lucky

Last edited:
"So...confronting Mr. Carver..." With all the confusion, Umi had changed her mind about where to go, doubting her ability to snoop properly. Besides, as they walked up, seeing all these people so against the UN, and treating them so harshly...she wanted to confront this man herself. The people she worked with her were nice, good people! What he was doing was just wrong!

"Understood, Mr. Ginoza," Umi said, the anger at all this injustice giving Umi newfound confidence. "You can count on us!"

@Ver @Lucky @Takumi @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva

So it was settled. While Harper stayed behind, Toboe would accompany Ginoza and Akane for behind-the-warehouse investigations, while Umi, Winn, Siege, and Meetra would attempt to reach Carver directly to directly inquire about the nature of his information and how he got them. Or was it the other way around? Akane still wasn't sure as she wasn't entirely on board, but here she was, being dragged along.

As the group moved down the elevator of the building and out the headquarters, marching like something resembling an actual organized group, they were met by the busy streets of the world. While some civilians gave uneasy, almost distrustful glances toward the group, who had just appeared out of the UN Headquarters after all, most were too busy and preoccupied with their own activities to take much care or notice of them... though it might have been a little suspect as a few people "accidentally" bumped into those in the group as if to inconvenience them briefly.

The crowd's behavior not going over Ginoza's head, the self-appointed field leader clicked his tongue lightly.

A025.png

"And to think I almost considered the possibility that I was being overly paranoid about the media's influence," the man grunted mostly to himself, though it was audible to everyone around.

"I-I think you're being a bit harsh..."

"Ever the bleeding heart, Tsunemori," Ginoza sighed as they made their way deeper into the city, navigating through until he stopped roughly a block away from the news warehouse, as dictated by the guidance system on his device. Gazing at it passingly, he reiterated the plan.

"Alright, then. Unless you want to make last minute changes on where to go, remember how we're supposed to deal with this. While some of us go out back to investigate any possible suspicious objects of interest, the rest of you call for Mr. Carver and ask him anything. Who his source is, where he got the information from, why he's doing what he is, and so on. Understood?"

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Siege @Minerva @Donder172 @Lucky
"So...confronting Mr. Carver..." With all the confusion, Umi had changed her mind about where to go, doubting her ability to snoop properly. Besides, as they walked up, seeing all these people so against the UN, and treating them so harshly...she wanted to confront this man herself. The people she worked with her were nice, good people! What he was doing was just wrong!

"Understood, Mr. Ginoza," Umi said, the anger at all this injustice giving Umi newfound confidence. "You can count on us!"

@Ver @Lucky @Takumi @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva

"You got it sir. We won't let you down, I assure you." Siege said to Ginoza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back