Silver Threads [1x1]

Jannistory19

The Eager Rper
A young female was walking around the streets with a low head as she passed the multitude of people in the early morning. Silver Bay was always sucky in the morning: the people tended to be rude, there were ridiculous amount of killer cars that rush to their driver's destination and threaten everyone's safety, and the large mass of folks that move about hide the dangerous criminals... It made the morning a time of swift and prolonging ignorance that was overwhelming. She did not like walking around during such a time but she had no choice in the matter; her younger sister was hungry and she complained until the older sibling was forced to get up out of sheer irritation. It was annoying, not to mention dangerous since her whining was liable in attracting unsavory people.

"I hope she appreciates these granola bars and yogurt cups... It was hard enough grabbing this stuff... And the freaking spork was no different," the female said with a sigh. She had managed to come across a large supply truck for a liquor store, and it had strawberry flavored yogurt in a cart, along with some packets for granola bars. Slipping the six-packet granola product was the difficult part, but the yogurt was easy. The aforementioned spork was taken from a teen's backpack.

Yes, the young woman was willing enough to take from those younger than her... But it wasn't like she bullied them to give their bag to her... At least not with words. All she did was bark at them a couple of times and they dropped their bags to run away... Yes, she was never a human when she 'confiscated' the bags-- she was always in her Pitbull form. That way, nobody could ever say that a human took their stuff.

The young woman sighed as she waited for the light to change so her walking light would allow her to walk. She knew how dangerous the streets were in the morning, and she refused to be hit by a stupid car with yogurt in her backpack. Once the signal said it was safe to go, the woman began her walk, her eyes lowered as she crossed the street.

Though Silver Bay wasn't the most pleasant of places, it did have it's good houses. One of these houses had just been moved into that week, by an especially wealthy family. They came from overseas, with the father making the whole family move due to a large amount of oil being discovered a couple miles west of the city. For the three young children, this was annoying, but they knew what it would result in. They knew the value of money, even though none of them were older than fourteen.

The oldest of these children was in the sitting room, a golden Pomeranian on her lap and a brown one by her feet. The fourteen year old was dressed in her best clothes, even though it was only early morning. Her outfit consisted of a pink bodycon dress with elaborate diamond jewellery. Her golden blonde hair was perfectly curled. She looked much older than she really did with all the make up she had on. She picked up the dog on her lap and sat her down on the ground and stood up herself in her wobbly high heels. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and trotted to the staircase.

"Mother! We're going to be late!" She shouted up the stairs. She didn't dare shout on her dad, since he was really quite a scary man.
Her mother's half-done face peered around the corner. "Just go out to the car, Natta! I'll just be a few more minutes!" She claimed, before disappearing again.
The teenager rolled her eyes and sighed, knowing that her mother was fibbing. "Okay!" She called up anyways.

The eldest child, Natalie, was the only one ready. Her parents were nowhere near it, and her younger sisters were ready in theory, but in their older sister's eyes they might have as well been in their pyjamas. Natalie walked to the front door, stomping her feet as much as she could in such high heels. Trailing at her feet were her two little dogs, Honey and Nut, all too excited to be alive and breathing. Natalie reached out and opened the door. As soon as she did, a gust of wind blew the garden gate open. Honey, the more excitable of the two dogs, took this as her opportunity. She leaped out of the door and practically galloped out into the garden, and then out in the street.

Natalie gasped. "Honey!" She shouted, but the dog ignored her and kept on running. The teenager turned her attention to the family's guard dog, a huge German Shepherd named Sasha. "Sasha! Go get her!" She commanded, but the only thing Sasha knew was 'attack' and 'bite' and 'intruder', and she just tilted her head. Natalie balled her fists up and made a loud, frustrated sound. "Fine!" She shouted, spoiled as always. She threw off her stilettos and, never the brightest, went running down the road after her dog.

The dog, despite it's little legs, was fast. Anyone looking on would probably think it was a human in one of their forms. Natalie didn't shift herself, well aware that if she did, it would ruin her hair, dress, and make-up, and she was unwilling to redo it.

She ran to such an extent that she left the good part of the neighbourhood and ended up in the incredibly unpleasant part. The speed of her running was probably the only reason no one noticed her diamonds. She spotted her dog cross a busy road and ran after it, until finally the dog slowed. Taking the opportunity, Natalie leapt at the dog. She overshot and tumbled to the ground, scraping her knees and elbows up. However, she landed in such a way that let her finally catch the gold Pomeranian. She was panting heavily and clutching the little dog close to her chest.

It was then that she realised that she was kneeling in the middle of the street;
In a busy part of town;
In a nice dress that was now ruined;
With a scraped up body;
Covered in expensive diamonds.
Not even to mention how vulnerable she was.

And she was lost. Horribly, horribly lost. She didn't even recognise the part of town she was in.

She swallowed deeply, holding the happy little dog close to her chest as she looked around the street.

She would do anything to be back home.

Last edited:
The young girl was halfway across the street when she suddenly saw a small dog run her direction. Her first instinct was to crouch down and try to pick it up, but she had to remind herself that she didn't know if it was an actual dog or a person in their shifted form. Either way, it was none of her business, and so she kept going past the dog...

Until a girl came crashing and tumbling in front of her. Once the girl grabbed the dog, the suspicion of the dog being a human diminished, though it was still entirely possible that the dog was then a mischievous sibling. It's something that had happened many times before.

As she crossed the street, the teen heard the girl behind her, and turned around to see her still kneeling on the ground. With a tilted head, she watched the facial expressions of the girl as she looked around, and guessed that she was most likely lost.

"Humph.... She better get out of the street before the timer goes out," the teen said with a scoff as she stood with light amusement.

"Seriously.... She should get out of the street.." the colored female muttered with light concern.

The countdown finished and concluded with the bright red hand urging the pedestrians to stay put while the next wave of beeping cars prepared their engines. The girl's mind was how swirling with worry, concern, and reluctance as she watched a group of cars inch forward... Why wasn't the girl moving fast enough? With an exasperated sigh, the teen ran to the middle of the street and snatched the other girl up, shoving her the rest of the way as beeping cars zoomed across the pavement.

Once across, the black girl released the child with the dog, growling a bit at how ridiculous the whole scene was. "That was... quite a fall you had there.... Is that your sister or something?" the teenager asked as she pointed at the Pomeranian in her arms.

Natalie looked up and around. She should probably stand up, but by the time that thought came into her head she finally saw the timer to cross the road run out. She'd never seen one of them before, so it was quite a surprise when she saw a car fly past her face. The speed and the wind it made knocked her backwards. She held tighter onto Honey, and she saw a car heading right at her...before she felt herself being shoved away.

She landed painfully on the other side of the street with a thump, skidding a few inches before stopping. She groaned as she pushed herself onto her feet, her bare soles scratching on the tarmac. She held Honey up like you would hold a baby before burping it. She thought for a second that she had moved herself, before she heard someone speaking to her.

She turned her head to look at the black girl. She looked her up and down, eyebrow raised. There had never been a more judgemental look. "No." She said slowly, as if the girl was the dumbest person on the planet. "She's my dog." She said with a nod. She had no more intentions to speak with the girl. She looked around, hoping to see something she recognised. She did not.

She ran through her options. She could flag down a taxi, but she would need one with a 'TAXI' sign on the top, and she couldn't see any of those. She didn't have her phone, since that was in her bag at home. She didn't have any money for a payphone. She glanced down at her jewellery. There might as well have been a sign saying 'ROB ME' on her back.

The female crossed her arms as the girl with the dog looked around before finally turning to face her after the question was asked. The look on the other girl's face as the eyes flew up and down her body made the older one narrow her eyes. She may have been on the more... Wilder side of city society, but that didn't mean that she was in some sort of shady nonsense.

But for some odd reason, there was a feeling that she was being judged on a different scale.

"No. She's my dog."

Alright. So the dog was a real dog. Her mistake. It's not like that hasn't happened before. Many kids had tried to run off as an animal, just waiting to be caught by their family.
As the other girl glanced at her surroundings, the colored girl couldn't help but notice how lost the poor girl seemed to be. And now that she was staring at her back, she noticed that thus child wasn't wearing normal clothes.... Especially considering it was a Monday. And those earrings... Was this child..... One of those kids?

"Humph..... You seem to be lost. Where are you from kid?" the girl asked as she lightly tugged on the strings of her hoodie.

Natalie only just turned her head to look at the scruffy girl and fixed her with a serious glare. This seemed like a trap, a trap to rid her of her best jewels and possibly her life alone with it. The tiny Honey squirmed in her arms, desperate to get out and run free again. Natalie gripped harder, unintentionally digging her manicured nails into the dog's body.

There was a gap of silence. The girl glanced at her watch, as if a taxi would come around the corner any second now, and she'd be saved from talking with such riffraff. "Why would I ever tell some hoodlum where to find me?" She said accusingly, turning her head a little more to reveal more of her bitter face. "Feebleminded I may look, but I promise you I am one of the most astute minds in this city. Far more brilliant than anyone you've ever known." She turned herself fully to be face on to the girl, and her face just screamed 'smug rich kid'.

The look the hooded girl was getting from the younger one made her scrunch her lips in a sneer. Just this look alone made her confirm the kind of child she was talking to.
The look of disdain on this kid's face was ridiculous. The hooded girl had never met such an arrogant and snooty kid in her life.

"Hoodlum? Who do you think you are Cinderella? And don't think that I don't know what you're doing with those articulate words of yours. I can say such words too you high-hat priss," the hooded girl said as she got closer to the younger girl's face.

She began to raise her lip in a snarl, but took notice of the fact that a few people had taken notice of the two girls... More noticably, the smaller one with the poofy dog in hand. She cleared her throat and lifted her head, giving a small smirk as she took in the last words that were said by this girl.

"Hehe. Oh so you're... Astute eh? Tell me, what do you plan on doing to get home? This isn't New York City... Taxi cars are not going to be strewn about here in Silver Bay. One needs to call a taxi on a phone, whether it be on a cell phone or a payphone, and judging by your attitude, you don't seem to even know what the hell that is," the girl said with amusement. "So, your only option would for you to keep walking until you find someone or someplace that can help you.... Hehe... Good luck with that kid," the hooded girl said with a chuckle.

Natalie smirked and widened her eyes in an obviously mocking way. "I don't know what you're talking about. Of course, a dimwit like you would think that I care enough to try and trick you!" She threw her head back and laughed, before stopping dead in the middle. "How pathetic." She spat, staring the hooded girl right in the eyes. The girl was really started to get on her nerves, and the darkness of her hoodie was sorta starting to creep her out. Not that she'd admit it.

She looked around at the road. "I'll find my own way." She said after a second. She turned on her heel and started to walk in the direction she came from. However, the street she was about to walk in was an aggressive, high tension Bayside owned area.

The hooded girl tilted her head when the other child said that she wasn't trying to trick her. She rolled her eyes and backed away, as it wasn't what she was trying to say. Either way, the little prissy girl was getting on her nerves with her high horse act, and it wasn't going to get her very far in this part of town.... Or it just might.... But not to places were she'll feel safe.

"Oh so you'll get by huh? Fine by me... don't say I didn't try and warn ya. I have better things to do than to help some brat," the hooded girl said as she began to walk down the path she had intended to go down, walking a few paces before looking back. She snorted and continued walking, leaving the corner and soon becoming invisible in the crowds of people.

Natalie looked over her shoulder to watch the girl go with a smug smile and a nod. What a degenerate, thinking she could speak to her. "I can't believe you've gotten me into this, Honey," she muttered to the little dog. The dog panted, tail wagging, and yapped playfully. Natalie ground her teeth as she stomped into the dangerous area. "And talking to some loser, on top of that. Such a dimwit! I bet you any money, I've lost serious IQ points over that!"

After a moment of walking, there would be a sense of being watched, as if eyes were fixed on Natalie. But the fact that it was still rather crowded made it nearly impossible to pinpoint who it could be. Adults and children alike bumped into Natalie, shoving her from side to side as the people went along with their destinations in mind.

After several nerve-racking minutes, a hand grabs the girl's arm, holding firmly to keep a grip as she is suddenly shoved through the moving crowd. Then, the girl and the hand go to a dark alleyway, where barely any people look in on any occasion, let alone a whim. The girl would be half shoved, half thrown into the smelly space, where she would be met by two miscreants: one having a sort of rat-like stature - shady, sneaky, and cunnning - and the other was more of a bulky and buff man - strong, commanding, and intimidating. Both chuckled silly as they eyed the girl's clothes, and took a step forward to the cornered girl.

Even though she was thrown to the ground, Natalie somehow managed to keep a hold of Honey. She landed on her back, which knocked all the air out of her. She stared up at the sky, dots swirling in her vision as she attempted to sit up. It felt like her body couldn't hold her own weight. Even still, she struggled to her feet, thinking that she had just fallen.

She turned her head at the sound of soft chuckling. She froze at the look of the two, leaning against the wall behind her as she tried to keep herself up. After a second of shock, she shoved herself forwards, attempting to run away, but only stumbling and falling on the ground again, still holding Honey. The little dog yelped, stunned, and the fall only shoved more air out of Natalie's lungs. She lay on the ground, struggling to stand, but unable to.

The two men laughed at Natalie as she failed to even try to run away. The two men approached the little girl and lifted her up, with the bigger man steadily examining her while the smaller one watched the opening of the alleyway for intruders. The larger man spied the girl's jewelry and laughed heartily.

"Well well well. Look what we have here Rat: we got ourselves a walking jewelry box!" The man said as he touched the earrings hanging from Natalie's ears. The man called Rat laughed in a series of quick multiple chuckles, somewhat high pitches and reminiscent to a rodent on a cartoon.

"Hahaha you're right Boris! Look for more valuables! We might be lucky," the man said with a smile.

The stronger man growled and pulled out a knife, putting it up to the little girl's throat. "Now tell me what else you got on ya?" the man asked with a low voice.

Last edited:
Natalie struggled in the bulky man's grip, lashing out with her bare feet. "Let go of me, you lollygag!" She screeched, her English accent bleeding into her voice in her panic. "I'll have you jailed for this!"

She tried to swipe at the man's face, but her arms weren't quite long enough to reach. Honey was on the ground, yapping and whimpering. The little dog tried to bite the man's feet and ankles, but her little baby teeth barely did a thing.

Natalie tensed up at the sight of the knife. "I won't tell you a thing!" She declared. "You let me go now, or I'll sue you and your whole family until there's nothing left of you but sad little hags!"

The two men laughed mockingly at the little girl, both at her demands and how she spoke.

"You hear that Boris? She called us lollygags! What kind of word is that?" the man named Rat said in amusement. Boris laughed as well, and he laughed even harder when he was threatened to be tossed in jail. "But first you have to go to the coppers..... and we ain't planning on being taken by them Blue Suits," the burly man said with a small huff.

He asked Rat to pick up the little dog as he focused on Natalie. He smiled wickedly at Natalie's weak threat, and slowly creeped the knife closer and closer to her neck. "Now you have to be alive to sue us little girl.... Shame it won't be the case...." the man said as he pointed his knife in a terrifyingly suggestive way.

Just as he pulled his arm back, a loud bark echoed towards the three humans. The two men looked back with a gasp, and standing at the edge of the alleyway was a large dog - a Pitbull to be exact. The canine growled and padded closer to the men, teeth bared and hackles raised.

Last edited:
Honey seemed reluctant to be picked up, sprinting and yapping around Rat's feet and forever just out of reach. "If I don't sue you, my family will!" Natalie declared. "And I promise you, they will be so much worse than I!" Her voice trailed quieter and less certain as the light hit the knife. She jumped at the loud bark, thinking for a moment that it was Honey, but then follow the men's gaze to the pitbull at the entrance to the alley.

Seeing a slight chance, Natalie leaned forwards the best she could and practically threw her hands at Boris' eyes, attempting to get at his eyes with her nails.

The two men looked at the aggressive dog warily, looking to each other with unsure glanced before they looked back to the dog.

"Get that mutt outta here, before it makes noise," Boris said with a huff. He turned his head when Rat began to move, putting his right eye directly into Natalie's nails. He shouted in pain and let go of the knife, using his hand to rub at the pain.

Rat was a bit scared of the dog that had come into the alleyway, for he saw it to be nearly as big as he was from standing up. He tried to use a metal pole to swat it away, but the dog easily dodged it, and charged right at the little man with widened jaws.
The scrawny man screamed as the dog toppled him over, pinning the man to the ground and clamping it's jaws around a bony arm. Blood coated the dog's jaws as it let go, leaving the easily subdued man to cry out his pain as the dog charged to the larger man.

Boris turned around just in time to see the dog leap at him, and shouted as the split desicion of whether to release the girl and defend himself or to take the attack was too elusive to grasp. He lifted his arm and caught the brunt of the dog's attack in his upper arm, were the dog shook its head violently as it felt flesh make contact with its teeth.

The man shouted in pain as he was forced to defend himself at this point, and used his free hand to grab the dog and try to snatch the animal off him. The dog seemed to try is damn hardest to keep from letting go, but somehow, the dog lost in the current match of strength and was pried off, where the man threw the dog a few feet away from himself.

Boris growled and stood in an intimidating stance, and glared at the dog with a huff.
"So you wanna play like that huh dog? Well, let's see how you fare with this," the man said before he shifted into a large brown boar. The dog tilted its head and flicked an ear, but held it's ground as the boar approached the canine. Soon enough, the pig and canine were on the attack, but the boar couldn't land a hit nor kick on the smaller animal. The dog was too quick, snapping at the boar's flanks and legs, then jumping out of the way. The alleyway also seemed to be smaller considering how large the boar was, and didn't realise how much space he had taken up in shifting. Then, a decisive blow was made. The Pitbull lunged at the boar's back leg, piercing the fur and flesh as the boar bellowed in pain. When the dog let go, the boar limped away with heavy pants, looking back to call his partner back. The dog panted as a rat with a wound on its arm scampered away, climbing the boar's backside as the two were forced to retreat into the busy streets.

At this point, there were definitely people looking in the alleyway to see what the matter was, and saw a growling stray who fought off against the large boar. People were muttering in concern, some wondering whether to call the police or not while others were wondering on if the dog was alright. Either way, the situation was not teetering towards anonymity anymore, so the girl had to leave quickly.

The dog turned around and eyed Natalie and Honey, huffing as it approached the dirty female. The dog lowered its ears and growled, staring at Natalie as if pondering on what to do with her. Then, once hearing the distant sound of blaring sirens, the dog cocked its head and made a grumbling dog sound, then slowly shifted into the hooded black girl that Natalie saw earlier.

"Yeah, I can see your skills working superbly out here," the girl said with a huff.

As soon as she was dropped, Natalie was up. She stumbled over to her little dog, scooping her up and shuffling back into the alley, watching the resulting fight from a safe distance. Looking back into the alleyway showed only more dark, dank walls and floors and no sign of saviour or exit. Thus, she was forced to just watch the fight sprawl out and keep herself well away from the action.

In the end, she watched the boar and the rat scamper off with the same smug, practically shit-eating grin, as if she had defeated them herself. Had it really come down to it, she'd be dead on the pavement now...but she'd never admit that. Not even on her death bed.

She cleared her throat as the pitbull approached her. "Thank you very much for that. If you help me back home, I'll see you get paid handsomely-" she was interrupted by the sudden shift. Her face instantly changed into one of extreme disgust. She would rather have died than have to thank the cretin in front of her.

"Why, you obscene, grotesque, senseless stooge!" She practically screamed. In her sudden rage, she lifted her hand and lashed out, aiming to slap her saviour across the face.

The hooded girl kept a poker face as she stood in front of the little girl. But the moment the girl stopped her chatter and gave way to a borderline screaming rage, the hooded teen was startled and caught off guard, which resulted in her failing to react to the incoming slap heading her way.

SMACK!

The smaller girl's hand reached across the teen's face, making it turn to the side with a hard jerk. The colored girl was genuinely stunned at the stinging pain spreading across her cheek, and had stayed like that for a good while, keeping her face hidden, but after a minute, she quickly recovered, turning her head slowly to reveal angered brown eyes and a bloody face.

The teenager began to huff audibly, and pulled the hands that were previously hidden from the world in her pockets.

"Obscene? Stooge?! Why you little-"

The teenager repeated with an anger that easily surpassed the prissy girl's rage. With a snarl, the teen grabbed both of the girl's hands by the wrists, and slammed them against the brick wall with bared teeth. The blood on her face was darker in the shadow of the alleyway, but it was still visibly discernable from the skin color.

"I've only met you for a total of ten minutes and you are already making me reconsider my risk in saving you! This is the thanks I get for saving your insignificant life you ingrate little girl?! I could've let those men kill you and be on my merry way, but I chose to save your ass! The least you could've done was say 'thank you'!" The teen shouted out in the little girl's face.

"Now tell me one good reason why I shouldn't let someone else kill you," the angered girl demanded with narrowed eyes.

The longer that the stranger stayed silent, the more Natalie's anxiety grew. "What now, you aphasic freak?" She spat into the thick air.

A second later, her diamond ring had been cracked open on the wall, along with multiple of her knuckles. She let out a high pitched, pained shriek, Honey whimpering and yapping at her feet. Natalie hunched over a little, trying to tug her bleeding hands out of the teenagers grip. "You hooligan! Thug! Idiotic stain!" She screamed, partly because she meant it and partly because she just needed to scream.

She panted heavily, leaning against the wall to stop herself from crumpling. She lifted her head to look up at the mystery girl. She took multiple deep breaths. "Let's just say, if you help me back home you'll be far richer than you've ever been, and will ever be otherwise." She hissed, not moving her eyes from the other girl's.

Back