Silver Threads [1x1]

The teenager flinched her ears when the girl screamed, partly because of how loud it was, and partly because she didn't like the attention it was attracting. This was not a good look on her: A suspicious figure in a black jacket pinning a clearly defenseless girl against a wall in an alleyway? That was a straight ticket to jail.

And this girl was not going to jail on a Monday morning.

The attempted bribe from the girl was ridiculously insulting to the older girl; she was going to say some other insult when she heard the sirens grow louder.

Refusing to have her morning become a complete disaster, The girl released her grip from the prissy female and pointed a finger at her. "We have to get out of here. You have ten seconds to decide which animal is best for fitting inside a backpack or I swear to God, I'm gonna drag your pink dressy ass all the way to where I dwell. You better decide... Now!" The girl straight out demanded.

Last edited:
Natalie smirked at the sound of the sirens, tilting her head to look outside of the alley. She opened her mouth to offer another bribe - 'you let me go now, and I'll tell the police you were helping me' - when she was let go.

She listened to what the teenager said, and then let out two short, sharp laughs. "Are you mad!? Will you gut me? Or will you sell me to the black market first?" She mocked. "I'll do nothing of the sort!" She declared, before scooping Honey up and running towards the growing blue lights. However, there was a lot of distance between the girl and the main road. She was easily catchable.

The hooded teen growled when the little girl refused to do as she said, narrowing her eyes as she grabbed her dog. 'You have no idea how much you make me want to gut you,' the teen thought with a growling huff. When the little girl began to run off, the teenager lunged forwards and grabbed the girl by the scruff of her dress, effectively pulling her back and bringing her closer to her body.

She scooted herself and the girl back further into the darkness; she could buy herself some time for a few more seconds but that was it after that. The police were just upon them. Looking around for an escape route, the teenager spotted the fire escapes above them, and smirked as she got an idea. It would be a bit of a struggle, but she had no other choice.

"You asked for this! I was trying to be simple with you, but you refused! Now we're leaving whether you like it or not," the black girl declared as she ran to the garbage dumpster and sat the girl on it.
Taking a few steps back, the teenager closed her eyes and stayed still, and her body soon turned into a lithe Jaguar, albeit somewhat smaller and younger than an adult.
Either way, the feline was willing to do anything to get the girl and herself out of harm's way. Before the little girl could do anything, the jaguar grabbed the area of the dress that was between her shoulders with her teeth and held on tightly, then leaped onto the fire escapes with her powerful legs. She landed on the railings with a wobble, as the girl was more heavier than expected, before landing on the metal platform with a thud.

The jaguar looked up and saw the fire escapes connected by multiple metallic staircases, and so the feline let go of the girl and forced her upwards by pushing and hissing, and even ramming her lower back with her head if necessary.

"Unhand me, you despicable hoodlum!" Natalie screeched, whipping around with her one hand, badly bloodied and beaten though it may be, to try and scratch at the girl's eyes again. She missed every time she tried, due to the darkness of the alley and the way that the girl's face was hidden from behind her hood.

All throughout what was essentially a kidnapping, Natalie screamed at the top of her lungs and fought as she could, but with small bare feet and multiple broken knuckles there wasn't much she could do. Eventually, even her voice cracked and gave out to an airy, quiet squeal that she couldn't sustain for exhaustion.

On the staircase, Natalie turned to look at the jaguar. She fixed her with one of her signature 'I am going to ruin your life glares' (though under normal circumstances, it would be a social death) and, stubbornly, threw herself down on the stairs of the fire escape. It was loud, and shook the staircase badly. "This ridiculous series of events ends here, you daft bitch!" She shouted at the top of her lungs, though her worn down voice lowered the volume notably. "Fire! Fire! Help!" She screamed, stamping her bare feet on the metal fire exit steps.

The jaguar did not have time for the arguing and defiance. She growled in her throat and bared her teeth occasionally, signalling that she wasn't playing when she was going to the top. A flick of her ears and she heard the sounds of cops swarming down below.

'Oh no not now.... I have to go home!

The jaguar thought with a worried chirp. Even when the girl was protesting, the feline was determined to escape trouble, and pushed the human with her feline head with an irritated mewl every time she pushed the girl.

Natalie shuffled the whimpering, half-howling Honey from her right arm to her lap, using one hand to stroke the little dog to calm her down. With the other hand, she shoved at the jaguar's face, warning her to back off. The whole time, she kept on shouting. She peered over the railing and down at the police, then turning to look at the jaguar with a taunting smirk. "Over here!" She shouted, but her voice cracked at the 'ver'. Once that was done, her voice was gone. All that came out of her throat were raspy sounds that barely resembled words.

The feline panted as she went between trying her best to get up to the top of the building and keeping the girl ahead of her moving. She growled when her face got shoved, nearly snapping at the fingers that pushed across her nose. After going up the second to last set of stairs, the jaguar looked down to see the police attempt to bring down the bottom ladder that she had thankfully avoided to bring down. Just trying to deal with that alone would buy her some time.
Once to the top, the jaguar grabbed the same area of the girl's dress and used much of her strength to leap to the edge of the building. She struggled a little, taking a large amount of care to not injure the girl in her mouth, but she managed to get over the edge and onto the rooftop, releasing the little girl to give herself a short rest. The young feline panted and grumbled a little, her chest rising up and down as she laid on the concrete.

As soon as she was let go, Natalie spun around. She started to scream and shout at the jaguar, saying all sorts of things. The only problem was her lost voice. It was like someone had pressed the mute button on her and had dubbed hoarse sounds over her. She put the Pomeranian down on the ground, not stopping her forever torrent of words even though she knew that she wasn't being heard. She stomped her high-heeled foot, and then stopped. She went silent, eyes drifting greedily to the jaguar's paw. Smirking, she lifted her foot up and brought it down hard on the dark paw.

The jaguar kept her eyes closed and her ears lowered as she laid on the rooftop, steadily getting her energy and breath back up to move again. The screaming attempts made the feline perk her ears slightly, but otherwise she ignored the girl as her voice went out.

She closed her eyes again - only for it to be stepped on a few moments later. Her eyes shot open with a yowl, and she pulled the paw away from the girl as she bared her teeth in a snarl. Why that little... How dare she step on the paws! Surely that should result in a sort of pumishment..... As anger-inducing as it was, the jaguar restrained in launching herself and mauling the little brat to shreds and focused at escaping.

She had to. She wasn't going to stop here. With a low growl, the feline approached the girl with her long fangs bared, using her paw to tap on the little dog, signaling for the girl to pick her up. Whether she did it or not, the jaguar grabbed the girl by the scruff once more and sniffed the air. Amongst the scents of the bustling city, she was able to catch the scent of the Graveyard Border.
Looking around, the female saw her escape route: a long chain of connecting alleyways, leading all the way to the Border. But to get there, she had to jump a few rooftops. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard. With her muscles bunched up again, the feline leaped a distance to the next rooftop. And the next. And the next. All while hearing the sounds of sirens fade away, albeit a bit slowly. A few times she had to avoid the edge for a moment, just so the cop cars didn't see her jump the gap.

Then, after twenty minutes of dodging cops, the feline finally made it to the alleyways. The large black cat panted as she released the girl once more, her increasing tiredness now finally showing as she went on. She didn't even push or nudge the girl as hard as earlier. But she was still insisting that she went.

Natalie didn't break the jaguar's gaze, glaring back with the same exact amount of fury. She tried to snap something, but her voice was still gone. She didn't even bother trying to scream when she was picked up next, deciding that she could thoroughly beat the jaguar's face in next time she was let go.

When they landed in the ally, Natalie turned around. She planted her feet firmly into the ground. "I'm not moving," she declared, having gained her voice back. "And you're mad if you think I am." She shuffled her dog around, rotating her foot a few times before kicking swiftly at the jaguar's chest with all the force she could muster. She would beat this big cat to a pulp herself, if the police were so incompetent.

The jaguar made multiple chirping sounds as she nudged the girl. She didn't feel like being forceful anymore. She just wanted to get home and rest. But once again, the girl was being stubborn. Stubborn as a mule. It wouldn't be surprising if the girl was able to change into one either.

But considering the situation, it wasn't the time to be argumentative. It was safer where the big cat was going. Well, relatively safer. She sighed and looked past the girl, gauging the distance of her destination from where they were at the moment. Suddenly, a sharp pain exploded in her chest. The feline yowled as she stumbled to the side, her shoulder and hip slamming against the brick wall as she suddenly began to salivate excessively. The feline looked over to the girl and lowered her ears, trying to think over the pain while reminding herself to breathe.

'What the hell?! Did she kick me in the chest? This bitch is going to die.... I swear to God she's going to die,' the black cat thought as she pushed herself off the wall. She stood for a couple of moments trying to regain the strength in her legs, them suddenly launched herself at the child with claws and fangs bared. She then ducked between the girl's legs, and made her fall forwards on her furry back. Whether she was secure or not, the cat ran down the alleyways, knowing that the girl would have no other choice but to hang on if she didn't want to mess up her dress.

Natalie turned, intending to kick the jaguar again. Before she knew it, though, they were flying back through the alley. Screaming - and with her pomeranian howling and yelping - Natalie held on with her manicured nails. They were surprisingly sharp, but they didn't draw blood. She held on tightly to her high heels with her toes, before realising that they were sort of like weapons in themselves, weren't they?

She reached around with the hand that wasn't holding her dog and pulled one of her shoes off. She lifted it up, the heavy platform threatening, and she flung it down on the jaguar's hindquarters, strong but fast. She did this as many times as she needed to to make the big cat stop.

The big black cat was tired of the resistance from the little girl. She had guts though... Or was it ignorance that blinded her from the damage the cat was able to do?
Of course, not that the cat was able to do anything as of now. Despite her burning lungs, the feline dashed through the empty alleyways as fast as she could - a straight shot home. But alas, the girl refused to give up. Unable to see the impending barrage of pain to her leg, the cat saw the street it needed to cross to get to the Border.

'Almost there... Just a little further... And then I can-'

Her thoughts were violently interrupted when sharp and powerful blows to her leg rushed to her head. She howled in pain and faltered in her running patterning, skipping one step ... Two steps.. Three steps...

The big cat nearly fell into the street, but surprisingly enough her panic prevented her from falling face first into the black road. It was fortunate as well; she almost was ran over by a pickup truck. The honking of the vehicle was the only thing that made her run faster.
The moment the black paws touched the dirt, the cat leaped over a pothole, and fell down as the pain reached her tolerance line. The two skidded in the dirt for a few feet before coming to a complete stop: the jaguar laying on her side and panting heavily, and the other girl wherever she was in the dirt.

The jaguar growled at the widening pain that spread throughout her leg, making her attempt to stand much more harder. The journey that started out with looking for breakfast for her sister had escalated too quickly into an all out chase -- a new record for the 'List of Things That Can Go Wrong I'm the Morning'... Wait. The backpack! Where did it go?!

The jaguar got up on all fours despite the throbbing pain in her leg, and looked at her surroundings for her bag. Thankfully, it was a few feet away from her, the contents yet to be spilled. The feline limped over to the bag and nosed her muzzle inside the bag, to determine whether the food had ruptured during the whole endeavor. Thankfully nothing too serious had happened, and the bag was lifted up with her mouth and carried as the jaguar continued on inward the territory. She glared at the girl and snarled at her, then continued on limping past piles of rusting junk like shredded metal sheets and sharpened metal poles.

Natalie screamed as she fell into a muddy ditch. She had a few cuts and scrapes, but she couldn't care less about that. Her dress was ruined, and so was her makeup. She flew up to her feet, her high heels slipping off in the thick mud. She pulled them out, but didn't put them back on. "Who the hell do you think you are!?" She screamed, Honey rushing over, whimpering and crying. "This dress costs more than your entire life! I could buy you! I could buy you and however many children you have, you whore!"

She eyed the bag that the jaguar was carrying, and her face lit up with an idea. She dropped her heels, sprinted forwards and snatched the bag away. "Take me home now!" She demanded, running backwards a few steps so that there was a decent distance between them. She held the bag close to her chest, holding her heels in such a way that showed she would use them as weapons. Her face was full of pure anger and stubbornness.

The black cat had her mind focused on reaching her dwelling as she walked across the dirt and metal; at this point she couldn't afford to be distracted from outside problems. She was so close to getting home she could almost taste the yogurt in her backpack... Unless she did taste the yogurt in her backpack. Nonetheless, she needed to rest up after the ridiculous race back here to the Graveyard.

Unfortunately, since she was so focused on getting home, she didn't hear the footsteps approach her from behind until they were already upon her. Next thing she knew, the strap was snatched from her mouth, and it was into the hands of the girl. She backed away from the cat as she clutched the bag close to her chest, holding her shoe as a weapon.

The jaguar blinked in surprise for a moment before the rage swam in her mind. She needed that bag for when she got home! And now the girl was trying to keep it away?! No, no, no, no! This was not happening!
The jaguar snarled at the girl with bared teeth the girl demanded to be taken home. The feline kept still for a moment before closing her eyes and trying to shift, only to fail in doing so. She panicked for a moment before being reminded of the pain in her leg. She had forgotten that she couldn't shift if she was physically in pain! Damn it, now she couldn't explain why she needed the bag? Great. Just great. This was turning out to be a wonderful morning.

The feline sighed and roared at the girl, taking step after step towards her, slowly but surely. She wasn't blind to the shoe though - she knows that heels hurt like hell when used offensively. Did the big cat have to actually jump the girl to get her to drop the bag? Fine. She wanted to play this game? Two can play it. She lowered her body and got into a crouching position, moving her paws as if she was stalking the girl from behind. Eyes locked on the girl's the feline bared her teeth occasionally, waiting for the moment to take what was hers.

Natalie kept on moving backwards. "Take me the hell home!" She barked in response to the roar, inching towards the road. Honey stumbled around at her feet, crying in that way a dog does when it's scared and just really wants to be reassured. Natalie didn't seem to care that much, with her face hard as stone and blue eyes trained on the jaguar's. "Why won't you take me home?! You scared, or something?!"

The prissy teen soon realised something; she had a good advantage, right behind her. She heard cars rushing past and smiled. "Take me home, or this bag goes on the road!" She threatened, face smug. She really would do it.

The jaguar's eyes widened when the girl threatened to throw the bag in the street. An alarmed series of roars erupted out her throat, desperate for the girl to reconsider what she was going to do. She couldn't throw the bag in the street! Not now! If it was anything else inside the backpack, or if she didn't need the backpack, she would've let the girl do what she wanted with it.... but since the contents of the bag were important to her, the jaguar stopped moving and kept her distance. She needed to figure out a way to get the bag from her without messing up the inside.

Wracking her brain for a solution, the jaguar thought of something that would be a long shot of working, but was the only thing that she could think of until she could find another way. The black feline backed away and began what seemed to be ridiculous pawing, but if one got closer to see the lines in the softened dirt, they would see that the lines were in fact words. For a few minutes, the jaguar made more swirls and lines in the mud, until she was done, and backed away for the girl to see. The message read:

"I need the bag! I have looked around for most of the morning for the items in my bag, and I cannot go on any longer without them! Not when I'm so close to home. I cannot take you home, because I don't know where you live! Please, give me the bag."

The feline tried to look at the girl in her most convincing way of invoking some sort of empathy or at least sympathy from the girl; at the very least a sort of understanding of what she needed to do.

At the jaguar's panicked roars, Natalie smirked. If she was getting a response out of the thing, it would be more likely to do as she said. She wondered for a moment what was in the bag that was so important - drugs, probably - but then realised that she didn't really care that much about it. She watched the animal scratch onto the dirt, and growled a little in the back of her throat. "Stop that!" She demanded, but the big cat didn't seem to be likely to do so. She rolled her eyes, and slung the backpack over her shoulders.

When the jaguar was finished, Natalie pushed herself up onto her tiptoes to read it. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Why didn't you just say that?" She snarled. "Damn mongrel," she muttered under her breath. She scooped Honey up, walked closer, and then - pretty disrespectfully - mounted the jaguar like a horse. "48 Goldcharm Road," she said, patting the side of the jaguar's dark neck. She shuffled herself back, putting Honey in front of her and holding on tightly by some fur on the jaguar's neck.

The jaguar gave a surprised grunt when the girl mounted her like a horse. She growled lowly when she was given an address, and sighed as she shook her head. She didn't know where that street was; sure she explored, but she liked to stick to the paths that she frequented on. This street seemed completely out of her way of any of her paths, which would make her lost and take even longer to get home. With this in mind, the jaguar snorted and shook her head, making the desicion of taking her back to her own dwelling..... She knew she'd regret it sooner or later....

With a quick turn, the feline ran further into the Graveyard Borders, running past piles of scrap metal and rotting wood and plaster. She ignored any screaming and demands the child would make, as well As any blows she would attempt to succeed with making. As she ran further in, there would seem to be buildings in severe disrepair, rotten and braking down, as if a single gust of wind would make it collapse, but didn't.

Up ahead, there would be a large brick wall with endless graffiti on it, very colorful while still being very street and hood-like. The jaguar slowed her running and stopped near such a building a few yards way from the wall, to a two story abandoned building that was boarded up from top to bottom, even though the cracks and holes in some places made it seem fruitless. The jaguar got on her hind legs and threw the girl and her dog off her back, then turned around to snag the backpack off her body, this time clamping her jaws tighter to make snatching it away impossible. The jaguar panted and snorted as she regained her breath, and turned around to approach the worn down building.

Last edited:
Natalie was a little too absorbed in making sure that she was secure, that she didn't notice when the jaguar turned around and started to go in the opposite direction. As soon as she did, though, she was in a rage. She screamed and kicked at the jaguar's side, tugging on her fur and even pulling some of it out, but the jaguar didn't respond to her screams and demands. She exhausted herself doing this, and eventually had to give up and rest. She leant against the jaguar's back as they ran into the strange place.

Now miles from her home, from her family, and from one of the only safe neighbourhoods in the city, Natalie cracked. She didn't want to be here. She didn't even want to move in the first place! Stupid father, and his stupid job! She'd had a perfect life back home, and he'd uprooted it all, all for the sake of some dumb oil rig! She started to cry quietly in her distress and anger. "Where are you taking me?" she whispered, not expecting a response from the horrific, sadistic beast she was riding.

When they finally arrived, all the fight had drained from Natalie. She looked so small and crumpled now; shoulders slumped; face streaked with mascara-tears; dress, hair, and makeup wrecked. She looked like a normal fourteen year old, not a pumped up superstar. She had lost her heels at some point, and her baby pink pedicure shone through the mud that covered her feet, and the dirt and mud was caked under her fingernails. She landed on the floor with an unceremonious 'oof'. She thought for a moment of how expensive her dress was ($149, without tax) but forgot it pretty quick. She very slowly got to her feet, still holding Honey under one arm, though the dog just whimpered and whined.

She watched the jaguar got off. She didn't have the energy to shout or fight back any more. Quiet, she followed after the jaguar, hoping that she would be taken home when it was all over.

Back