Sky Full of Stars

Mai_able

Forest Faerie
3fef3bd8bb183d4bbeebc990ef4075df.png

Merli Lienneltha
Female
Woodland elf
ENTP personality: Merli is an inspired innovator, motivated to find new solutions to intellectually challenging problems. She is always curious and clever and seeks to comprehend the people, systems, and principles that surround her. Open-minded and unconventional, she wants to analyze, understand, and influence other people.

Animals, Nature, Singing, Dancing, Swimming, Hunting, Fighting, Helping others
being alone, rules, traditions, people suffering

Merli was born in the country of Tanit, the nation ruled by woodland elves. The country is surrounded by trees and beautifully constructed. Merli was born to the King and queen, a loud and unruly child. Constantly breaking the rules and sneaking past the walls to venture into the forest, she found more solace in the people of the town and animals than she did her family. Her country hated humans, she wondered why and even asked her father. Her parents told her they were unkind to nature and a cruel species killing everything in their path. Merli always questioned the traditions and methods of her elders, it caused her a lot of grief but she was known to never hold her tongue. Her father now dead leaves her mother on the throne, heartbroken from what the war had caused. As the war raged on Merli soon became old enough to get and fight she did, a skilled but merciful warrior. She never killed humans, merely knocked them unconscious. Though she could not say the same for her comrades. This earned her the nickname 'The Star.' And thus the story begins.

granblue-fantasy-character-concept-art-granblue-fantasy.jpg

Name: Kaz Warren
Human
Personality: Kaz is curious, he likes to find and discover new things, but sometimes that can get him in trouble as he often bends to rules because of that curiosity. He is fairly open-minded. He is quite artistic and creative, and can think up of new and innovative ideas easily. He likes to get along with people.

Background: Kaz was born in the country of Jaggden, a nation of and ruled by humans. The country has quite a differing landscape, with many plains, forests, and mountain ranges. The country holds many towns, villages, and cities, with a large range of urban areas and rural areas. Kaz was born to the King and Queen of the country. At a young age, he was a fairly quiet child, more interested in studying the world than anything. Of course, soon he became louder and speaking out more. He had quite a few siblings, with multiple brothers and sisters. Despite being the oldest, he was often drowned out by his many younger siblings. His country quite despised the elves, and he had been told that the elves hated humans just for existing and taking land that they wanted, and that the elves wanted to wipe them all out and take their possessions. He wasn't sure about that, why would the elves just hate them because of that? Of course, he had never met an elf, they were all on the other side of the borders. Of course, Kaz trained in fighting, sword fighting, archery and marksmanship, strategy, and many other skills. He got quite adapt at it. Of course, he always like art more, but he still trained and learned with everything he had. He hasn't been in actual combat, yet, he has however fought against other humans, using murderers and cutthroats who were promised their freedom if they managed to kill him or incapacitate him, but Kaz always won, even if they outnumbered him greatly. He might not have been in combat yet, but that might change soon, as he was ready to go.

Merli was stuck in another meeting with the warlords of her mother's kingdom. She was forced to attend and entertain these children because her mother knew very little and wanted to take no part in the war. "We should attack them on their eastern border, those barbarians don't have have the strengths we do!" Merli lifted her legs and propped her feet on the table leaning back in her chair and crossing her legs. She leaned on her palm and her snow colored hair fell over her shoulder. As she stared at the red-haired warlord, covered in tribal markings, she could only look bored. "Sure. Do whatever you guys wish. I'm tired of this meeting already, I'll leave the advisor here to take notes but I'm leaving." With that, she lifted herself from her chair and nodded to her advisor who looked like he was not surprised by her outburst in the least.

Merli walked out of the 'war room' and walked down the halls of her castle, she ignored the snide comments from the lords and would deal with them another day. For now, she wanted to go explore the forest in secret and clear her mind yet again. Sighing she made her way to her quarters and changed into a white dress, adorned with golden leaves, it left her hips and the middle of her stomach exposed but the important parts were covered. She smiled to herself, "Light and easy to move." Reaching under her bed she pulled out a knapsack, filled with various supplies, including her dagger.

Merli snuck out of the castle and walked towards the forest that covered the land in the back of the castle. Making sure she wasn't followed before taking off, her shoes crunched lightly as she ran. She was almost to the wall, once she reached the wall that was a bit away from the southern border of the humans she scaled it with little difficultly. Using her magic to create a vine that helped her scale the wall and making that same vine disappear almost as easily. Smiling once more she took a deep breath enjoying her surroundings, yet again she was free. Humming to herself she started her walk until she reached the river she often sat by for days on end. Taking a seat at the edge of the river leaning against the tree she decided after that excruciating meeting she would take a nap. Looking around she saw and heard no one near so she leaned back placing her bag beside her and drifted off into a nice sleep.

Kaz stood, in a ready position, his sword ready. Across from him, stood his opponent, the tall man in armor. They stood in the courtyard of the castle, battling each other. The tall man lunged forward, striking Kaz. Kaz deflected it, and parried. Their swords clashed against each other, both of them attacking and defending. The sounds of their fighting can be heard all throughout the courtyard. Kaz and the man went at it, continuing their fight.

Then, Kaz stabbed out at his opponent, the tall man deflected it, and used the chance while Kaz's balance was off to throw him off his feet. The man shoved Kaz, and Kaz completely lost his balance. Kaz fell to the ground. He looked back at the man, and the man's sword as inches from his face. "You shouldn't throw all of your balance into one swing." The man said.

"Come on, I totally had you, Jacen, I just had a little bit of bad luck." Kaz replied.

Jacen took off his mask. "Still, you lost, little buddy." He said, grinning. Jacen was only five years older than Kaz, but Jacen was one of the Crown Guards, an elite soldier that answered only to the ruling house, Kaz's family. Jacen helped Kaz up. Kaz picked his sword up off of the ground. "Maybe next time you won't be so stupid." Jacen jested with Kaz.

"Maybe next time I'll finally beat you." Kaz replied, grinning.

"Ha! That'll be the day. Come on, let's get back inside." He said.

Kaz didn't really want to go back inside, he wanted to stay outdoors, maybe got outside of the castle for a little bit, but he listened. Kaz and Jacen both walked back into the castle.

Merli yawed as she felt something wet touch her hand, opening her eyes she blinked at the fuzzy image became clear. It was a small white rabbit, Merli sighed and smile chuckling lightly and reaching her hand out to pet the creature. She wasn't sure how long she had slept but she was sure she had more time to explore before anyone found out she wasn't in the capital. Lifting her hand from the rabbit she pushed herself off the ground and stood brushing her dress off she lifted her bag over her shoulder and looked around.

Gratefully no one was there, she walked around the forest for a while taking samples and placing them in her bag gently. It went on like this until she stumbled upon a wall. Looking at the design it was clear it was a human's creation. Looking around she knew she couldn't stay there, so she quickly moved herself to the bushes to hide. The warlords would have a field day if she told them about this, but, she wouldn't. Merli valued the silent sanctity of the woods that she often escaped to and no war would ruin that.

Huffing she decided it was best she heads home, anyone looking over the wall out a window might consider her a ghost. Merli ran back to her own wall and scaled it before dusting herself off and her shoes hit the grass beneath them. Merli walked through the doors just as her advisor rounded the corner. "Princess! Finally, I've found you, I've been looking for you since the meeting ended." Merli sighed and looked at the man, "Alright Dholt, for the love of Kaia what is it now?" She narrowed her eyes at the man as he spoke, "My lady the warlords have decided to strike, tonight. They said they would not wait for a- excuse me princess- a pompous brat's word to head to war." Merli's brow twitched, so they've decided to ignore the fact that she is the heir to this country because she is young. "Ready my horse Dholt. I will show them what a pompous brat can do." Her words came out more like a growl than words. Dholt gulped and rushed off to ready her horse.

Once Merli had changed she walked out with her blunted sword and swung her leg over so she sat on her horse, she wore a simple dress made of leather to protect her from arrows and a skirt so she could run with ease. She rode until she reached the west wall of the humans and rode fast as she heard the clear sounds of swords clashing.

@Mai_able

Kaz and Jacen walked down the halls of the castle, passing by other people. They were of varying positions, knight, guard, servant, noble, or anything else really. Kaz wasn't able to keep track of everyone within the castle, there were just too many of them. Still, he greeted them as they passed the duo.

The castle was quite large, with many hallways and rooms. Sometimes, even Kaz got lost in the maze within the Castle's walls. The city right next to the castle was bustling, too. With a large population, it was quite spread out. It contrasted greatly with the large, tall, fortified castle that oversaw it.

"Alright, Kaz, I'll see you later, I've got to go do some stuff." Jacen said.

"Alright, see you later!" Kaz replied as Jacen walked off down a different corridor. Kaz continued on through the castle.

Surprisingly, no guards had seen Merli yet. There was a festival in the city, and many of the guards had taken a day off to go to it or were on duty guarding it, so the castle was left with only a skeleton crew.

Last edited:
Merli rode her horse to the generals, They had built a camp close to the wall. She grumbled as she watched them play with their swords and chatter amongst each other. Merli hopped off her horse. "So what was that about me being a pompous brat?!" The generals jumped and turned to look at Merli. She looked like an angel with the eyes of a demon. The general's gulped and on stood looking at her. She didn't even give them time to speak as she lifted her hand and clenched her fist vines spreading and grabbing the general hitting the horses so they would scamper off. "We attack when I decide. If you dare try to overrule my authority again. Well, I'll have your heads." She growled the words at them and unclenched her fists the vines disappearing and the generals running off. She huffed and walked towards the wall, they were right. There were little guards. Pulling her hood over her head maybe she could do some recon. She walked through the gates and the town avoiding people and made her way to the castle. It seemed most of the people were at the festival. She crept through the castle doors and made her way down the halls looking in awe.

@Mai_able

Kaz continued to walk down the halls of the castle. Why did this place have to be so big? He past a lot of furniture, and artwork everywhere. Most of it was probably fairly expensive. Kaz had no idea how they got most of this fancy stuff, it was all here before he had been here. He didn't really understand the need for any of this stuff, but there was really nothing he could do about it.

It was really quiet in the halls, with most of the people out at the festival, there were very little people around now. Now, it felt even emptier and larger without the normal bustle of the castle hallways with people going all around. It felt really lonely in here now. Kaz continued to walk down the halls of the castle. Well, perhaps he could use a relaxing period of time from the stress of living here as the oldest prince.

Merli walked the hallways, she kept her hood over her head to hide her ears. She had never been in the human kingdom before, for the most part, her people lived in the vast forests on the other side. Creeping don't he hallways she carefully hid at the sight of anyone passing the hallway. They could have easily attacked and overcome the humans had they wanted, but Merli was curious. She needed to know if her father and the elders were telling the truth.

From what she saw at their festival they were laughing and no at all the terrible gloomy beings that the elders made them out to be. While their towns were brightly decorated, her father had made it seem like a desolate place of despair and destruction. She noticed a room open and slipped through the doors shutting it softly behind her. Turning she looked around the room, it was a library. Or maybe a study or sorts? She walked over to one of the large bookshelves and ran her hands over the books, she saw a book titled Animals of the East. Picking it up gently she sat in a chair and began reading the book, occasionally lifting her head to look out the window she started humming a song.

Kaz walked down the halls. He passed the library, and heard humming from inside. He stopped, and turned back to it. Who would be in the library right now? Now that he thought about it, not really anyone. Even the librarian was out at the festival, so not really anyone should be inside of the library right now. So who was in there? Well, Kaz wanted to find out.

Kaz opened the door to the library, and looked inside. He walked in, and shut the door quietly. He could still hear the humming of a song. He quietly walked down the aisles of books. He saw a person sitting at a window, reading a book. "Hello?" He said. "What are you doing here? The festival is going on, you know. Almost everyone is there." He told the person. He saw the person reading a book. "What are you reading?" He asked.

Merli jumped when she heard a voice, her head whipped in the direction it came from. Her eyes widened and she quickly stood. Her hood was still covering her ears, but she was still at risk of being noticed. Her blue eyes looked at the man and then to the book. Her white-colored hair sat on her shoulders underneath her hood. "I-I uhm...I just prefer reading..I suppose.." Her sentence trailed off as she looked away and touched the windowsill, she didn't want to fight. But, if it came to that she would. For now, she would just search for a quick escape. The book was gripped tightly in her hand when he asked what she was reading she cleared her throat and moved it behind her back. "I-uhm found this book, on the shelf...nothing important."

Hmm, strange. She was definitely a jumpy one. Weird, but, Kaz had met plenty of other people like that, so it didn't really strike him as odd behavior. Still, it made sense that someone so jumpy and nervous would be here in the library instead of the festival, because there would be a lot of people there. "May I have a look at the book?" He asked her. He looked at her. Strange, something seemed... different, about her. He couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Merli clenched the book in her hand looking off to the side before sighing. She pulled it from behind her back and held it out looking away. As she turned her head her took feel exposing the elvish ears that peeked out from underneath her silver-colored hair. When her hood fell her eyes widened and she tensed up, she was in enemy territory alone. She had no backup and she had been caught, her options were to knock him out before he called the guards or kill him. But, she wasn't fond of killing.

Kaz took the book and examined it. "Animals of the East? I've read this book before! I like it quite a lot, learning about the types of animals that live in the East, animals I'll probably never get to see." He told her. He then looked up, and noticed her hood was back. She was... strangely beautiful. He didn't know, there was just something about her...

Then, he noticed her ears, and he froze. Oh god, she was an elf! Kaz thought that she seemed strange, but he didn't know what. Now, he knew, she was an elf! "Y'You're an elf!" He said, stumbling back. This wasn't good. From what he had heard of elves, she probably could and most likely would kill him. "W-What are you doing here?! How did you get in? Why are you here?!" He asked her, his hand on his sword in its sheath. He didn't want to fight her, but if she decided to make any moves he would be forced to.

Merli saw his hand on the hilt of his sword and bit her lip, her blue eyes looked at him. She dropped the book and held up her hands. "I-i will leave. I-I do not want to hurt you." His hesitation was evident enough. Maybe she could negotiate instead, if he let her leave then she could prove the elders wrong. Usually, they would blindly attack, but this one had the gall to ask questions. "I simply walked into the castle...I was just curious about...about humans." Merli kept her hands up but slowly used them to pull her hood back over her head. "I-if you wish to fight then I will, but do not expect me to kill as easily as your people do."

Kaz looked at her. "But... elves never just walk in curious about us. Normal they just try to kill us." He told her. At least, that's what he'd been told. He had never actually even seen an elf before, so she was really the first he had ever even seen. Still, he knew plenty of people who had, ones who had barely escaped, and he knew that many people had lost others to the elves "My people kill easily? Your people kill us all the time! We've been told that your people want nothing but to kill us all!" Kaz said. "I... I'm sorry, but I can't just let you leave! You sneaked in here, I can't just let an elf walk out of here." He told her. "Please... don't make this difficult. Don't make me have to hurt you." He told her, pleading with her. He really didn't want to have to hurt her or even fight her, but he couldn't just let an elf, their mortal enemies, walk out of here. He wouldn't try to kill her, just capture her and figure out what she was doing here.

Merli scoffed placing her hands on her hips, leaving her hand close to her dagger, "My people only wish to kill you because you are always trying to kill us! You destroy the forests and wreak havoc on nature! And then you murder senselessly! I have never killed a human in my lifetime! But, you all kill without reason!" She glared at him and took out her dagger. Holding it so the hilt was showing. "Try me, if you come any closer I'll have to knock you out. I won't let you capture me for your own sick pleasures."

Kaz rolled his eyes. "Come on, my people only want to kill yours because you are always trying to kill us! You destroy our homes, destroy entire villages, murder innocent people, burn our crops, steal from us, and kill those who have done nothing to you! You want to wipe us out!" He told her. Then, he blinked when she said she had never killed a human. "You've never killed a human? I've never killed an elf." He admitted to her. It was true, he had never even seen an elf before this day. Then, she took out her dagger, and Kaz drew his sword. "You try anything, I'll have no choice but to fight you. If you come any closer, I'll have to fight you." He warned her. "My own sick pleasures? You're trespassing in my house! I just want to know what you're doing here! Trespassing is a crime! What would you do if you found a human in your house?" He asked her.

Merli paused when he said he never killed a human, glancing at his sword she paused. Nothing he said was making any sense to her. "I just...I was curious. My father and the elders always said that humans live in desolate places feasting on each other and are barbarians....And I was curious. It was so empty. And I found a book I liked so I wanted-wanted to read. That's all. If I found a human in my house I'd make them leave before the elders came. I have no intention of killing anyone." Merli lowered her dagger and put it back in its holder on her thigh. "So let me leave." Her words were sincere as it reflected in her eyes.

Kaz raised an eyebrow. "Really? That's what you elves think of humans? Yeah, I kind of expected that, seeing as how you hate us and all." He told her. Is that how all elves say humans? Wow. It was strange being described as a barbarian, but that kind of propaganda is to be expected from elves. "Well, you might let them go in your perfect world, but not here. Here, actions have consequences. Here, there is justice for crimes. Here, criminals don't get to just get off without any sort of justice." He told her. She put her dagger back in. Okay, so she wasn't going to fight, but Kaz couldn't let her go. Okay, he had an idea.

He sighed. "I'm really sorry about this." He said. "Also, watch the hands, not the mouth." He told her. Then, he wacked her on the side of the head with the book she gave him. It was a very thick book, and Kaz put a lot of force into the hit. Theoretically, the hit should knock her out cold, as the book was heavy and had a lot of momentum going into the hit and combined with the strength Kaz put into the strike.

Back