Closed [Slice of Life] Blind luck! Only, without the luck part.

LemonBoi

certified olive
Howdy there! I'm Oliver.

This thread is closed but I'll keep it up for when it isn't so I don't need to rewrite it all.

Sorry this formatting won't be anything too fancy. I'm looking to play a blind man, so I'm just projecting by not doing fancy visuals.

...Jokes aside, I have vision issues IRL, so a lot of the formatting options here such as changing the text color just make it difficult for me to read. On top of that, I'm on my phone which makes formatting that I can read hard to do. So, prepare for a lot of larger text and bullet points.
With that out of the way, let's get started!

About me and what I'm looking for!
  • I'm new to Storytellers Circle, but not to roleplay as a whole. I've been RPing for about 7 years now, although I'd guess that only 3-4 of those were decent RP.
  • Also as mentioned above, I have vision issues. Please don't do anything crazy with your text. My issues mainly lie with contrast; A few italicized, bolded, colorful, or otherwise specially formatted words or sentences is fine. However, if it's the entire paragraph, I might have issues reading it. It's the same with changing your text color or size. I don't care if it's only a few words or sentences, but if it's the entire reply I'll likely need to whip out a screenreader. Of course, there's some colors that still work, and if you really want to make things colorful just ask and I'll suggest a few colors that keep the contrast level high enough for me to read.
  • In a good week, I'll likely be replying at least once a day, if not more. At worst, expect a reply once every 1-3 days if I'm not feeling great or am busy. Don't be afraid to give me a bump if you think I've forgotten to reply!
  • Speaking of replies, my average tends to be 2-3 paragraphs, although if I'm feeling particularly inspired I might toss 5 or more at you. If I do suddenly reply with a behemoth of text, though, that doesn't mean I suddenly expect you to match that length. Just reply with whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • My writing style is typically...about what you'd see in this request? I tend to write similarly to how whichever character(s) I'm playing would write, and the one I wish to use for this request is more carefree and playful, so his writing wouldn't be too advanced unless the situation is serious.
  • I'm fine with either romance or friendship RP! If it is romance, though, I only play males and I'm uncomfortable doing M x F. That means I'm open to M x M or M x....other? Is there a letter for miscellaneous genderqueer? Anyways, if it's friendship, I don't care what gender your character is. I just don't feel comfortable RPing attraction to somebody I'd 100% not be attracted to. (TLDR: I'm too gay for M x F)
  • I'm an artist, so the majority of my character references are self-drawn. I'd like to think I'm a good artist? I'm not quite sure what my style would be classified as, it's definitely not realistic, but any sort of anime faceclaim to match would work.
What I'm looking for!
  • I'd prefer a partner who can reply at least once every other day. If you can reply more often? Great, I'll likely match. If not, no biggie.
  • I'd also like somebody who can write somewhere between 2-4 paragraphs per reply on average. I don't expect you to hit the average every post, like dialogue scenes tend to be shorter, but just around that ballpark would be nice.
  • Basic grammar and punctuation, please. Just write like you've passed 6th grade and I'm satisfied.
  • No realistic face claims please!
And that should sum up that section. I don't have a lot of requirements, I'll add more if I think of any.
Next up,

What do I wanna RP?
I have two ideas! Sortve.
I struggle with creativity, and recently I've been doing a lot of freeform RP where you just jump into a game with pre-set lore and just run into people like real life. However, forum RP rarely works out in this style, so I would like a basic plot to go off of. But...I don't quite have one. If you like either of the basic concepts I have thought up, don't be afraid to DM me with more. I wanna sit down and listen to your ideas.

In both ideas, I have one of two characters planned, both of which are visually impaired. They're both characters that I'm familiar with, and they're as independent as they can be. Our RPs won't have me playing some sort of damsel in distress who struggles to even move without dying. Will MC need help sometimes? Yeah, definitely. But it won't be every single post, and they each have their own strong suits to balance out their vision.
With that out of the way!

Idea one; I really just wanna do some kind of modern day setting. Any specific plots or pairings? Nope. Go wild, send me whatever and we can discuss it.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing a highschool RP where our characters would be 16-18, but that's just a vague idea and if you have any others I'd be glad to hear them.

Idea 2; I want to do some kind of apocalyptic RP. After a nuclear war or after a zombie apocalypse, to be specific, but again, if you have other ideas I wanna hear them. It'd still be relatively slice-of-life, with the focus being on their day to day lives, but with a bit of a dystopian twist.

So...Yeah! If you like anything I wrote here or have any ideas of your own, feel free to respond here saying you're interested or to PM me. Whichever works.

Last edited:
Back