Slice of Life!

Rustom

Hi, slice of life if my favourite genre. I think I am very keen observer of people and the events that occur around me. So what I try to do in my plot is that I take such simple observation and add a twist to it.

For example - I see a girl who drinks the water from her bottle at the same spot and at the same time everyday. Now what twist we can add to this observation and make a plot out if...! That what I do.

In real, I am not a social person I am also writing this most because it is mandatory to get my account approved. Lol.

I haven't done much slice of life and the ones I've tried seem to peter out quickly. Have you had much luck keeping them going for any length of time? Or is the trick, perhaps, to keep them to short scenes that are, indeed, just a slice?

I haven't done much slice of life and the ones I've tried seem to peter out quickly. Have you had much luck keeping them going for any length of time? Or is the trick, perhaps, to keep them to short scenes that are, indeed, just a slice?
I think about giving more layers to characters, and that's about it. I personally believes that he core of all the scenes or stories are basically the same, but it's the characters in them that make the difference! And,also decides the depth of the canvas for the plays.

Slice of life has always been my favorite genre. There's just such freedom in starting with characters with rich and deep backstories and having them interact with other characters with deep and rich backstories without a predetermined plot. Without that predetermination and allowing a story to develop organically is simply beautiful. Granted, it doesn't always work out, but when it does.... chef's kiss

Back