Status
Not open for further replies.
Junko rolled her eyes at who she perceived to be the old geezers of the group thinking she had to be treated like some kind of kid. Really, she bet she had the most going on out of everyone here, except for maybe that girl who wielded the big key-like weapon. That thing was not only weird, but Junko had seen the blue-haired chick pull off some crazy moves with it once upon a time.

As the group left the parking lot and darted across a street or two, they started to hear the sounds of what sounded like a crowd but was much more likely a herd of the infected. Carol had the group pause eventually and brought them down an alley. Claire took point along the way, stopping near the end of the alley that opened up to the next street over. From here, the group saw the herd making their way left toward the end of the street, bouncing against cars as they rushed in a singular direction. It was a decently sized amount of the infected, but thankfully not anywhere near the size of the group they had fought back at the garage.

A second scream rang out, coming somewhere in the direction the herd was heading. Their destination was obvious.

"Couldn't we just, like, follow behind them?" Junko suggested.

"Not entirely a bad idea," Carol said, "but we don't know what we'll find when we reach the end of the street."

The herd wasn't infinite, at least. The majority of them had already passed, leaving only a few stragglers trickling by. The infected seemed too focused on the screaming female to turn around and attack them instead.

"It's now or never," Claire said. "What does everyone else think?"

@Neko Shogun @Josh @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee

Nodding towards 76, Ellis.gave Jumko a shrug followed by an awkward yet charming smirk. Well, charming in the way Ellis normally is

Following the group, Ellis fixed his knee brace, nodding im rhythm with Carol's words. As Claire finished sharing her thoughts, Ellis looked around.

"Y'all want me to go take a peak down there?"

Ellis almost seemed excited as he stretched.

"I mean, I got talk on this mess, right? We'e lookin' for my friends. Besides I know this area better than any of you and there's no reason we all should go down there. The fewer we send, the less likely we'll screw the pooch.. So here's my suggestion; 76 watches my back while I go take a gander. The rest of a
Y'all get to the R.v and finish loaden' up. After That? Should be 'bout lunch time. Or will it breakfast Brumch maybe? Well, ya guys het da points.
"

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun

Last edited:
Honda watched the group of infected, and frowned, uncertain about Ellis going alone. "With that busted knee? I don't know, Ellis. One wrong move and we could end up with a disaster on our hands! You might not wanna go alone, at least."

Honda would've volunteered, but this seemed more a stealth kind of operation, and a 300 pound suno wrestler with no inside voice didn't really fit the bill.

@Josh @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun

As another scream rang out, the matter seemed clear to Claire. "I don't think just a few of us will cut it. Besides, whoever that horde is chasing can't have much time left."

"I don't think we need to bring the RV," Carol said, absently checking the safety of her gun, "but if you insist, Ellis, there's a better way." She looked at Honda and Junko. "You two fall back and bring the vehicle up this way. The rest of us are going ahead on foot. We need to catch sight of whoever is out there before anything else. Remember, no gunshots."

Carol then ran out into the street, taking a sharp turn to follow the horde. Any stragglers that turned around to face her were quickly dispatched by Carol sinking a knife into their head. Claire quickly followed after.

"G-Guess we should head back..." Junko said shyly to Honda.

@Neko Shogun @Josh @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee

Last edited:
"Sounds like a plan! C'mon, Junko, let's get a move on!" This was for the best, really, considering he knew he had no real inside voice...or inside anything, for that matter. Once they were in the RV, he would wait until the rest of the group got a move on before driving behind them. No need to make attention-drawing noise.

While he waited, though, he would turn to Junko. He knew she wasn't his Junko, but she was a Junko. "Say, uh...how'd you end up in this neck of the woods, anyway? You're not one of the folks Ellis had contact with, are you?"

@Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Neko Shogun

"Honda, Junko. If anythin' goes wrong and you need help? I left a flare gun in the Rv. But, ya know? The dead will see it to. Be safe now. "

After watching Honda and Junko leave, Ellis follow close behind Claire, Ellis had his shotgun ready to go. Watching Carol, Ellis spoke softly.

"Anyone see what's goin on yet?"

@Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Neko Shogun

"Not yet," Carol said, singularly focused on the task at hand. She kept up a steady pace with the infected, bobbing and weaving between cars for the most suitable path between them. There was another scream, this one closer, meaning they were getting somewhere. If the girl on the other end of this chaos was still alive, Carol suspected she was held up in a single location.

The group soon came upon a large crowd of the infected huddled around a convenience store. It seemed pretty likely the girl they were looking for was in there.

Carol stared, unsure how to proceed. In any normal situation, she would not bother. The likelihood of them saving this girl seemed slim and could cost them their lives.

"What if..." Claire looked around. "We could try clearing a path ahead for the RV, then have that draw the infected off?"

@Josh @Neko Shogun @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Uh, no..."

Junko awkwardly stood behind the front seats of the RV, a little unsure if she wanted to be alone with a guy who thought she was apparently evil. "I wound up here and you guys saved me, that's it. I'm just always being thrown into stuff like this."

@Yun Lee

Ellis listened to Claire's idea, and nodded his head.

"That's a great idea." Ellis added. Da Rv's in great shape and it's engine is cleaner than a whistle. I think it even could push threw some of dem infected if it need to. It's ready for the hits."

Ellis pointed down the road, looking Carol in the eyes.

"I can get to Honda and Junko, take a left out the gates, than two rights , and another left and I'm behind the building. The ally's narrow, but ti could make it. We could even have ya'll lore'em away from the front, and I and the others could sneak in back. We all meet inside see what's goin' on, and bang! We're off and it's time for lunch."

Ellis scratched his head.

"Or is still brunch?"
@Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Always?" That was a surprise. "Is this your first zombie apocalypse? This is the second time I've seen a real zombie, but the first I've ever fought one. At least...I think it was real. I don't know, that little bear played all sorts of nasty tricks." He glanced behind at Junko, noticing her uneasiness. "...you can sit down, if you want. Like I said, I don't think you're the Junko I dealt with. She didn't have a bow on." And, you know, she was certifiably insane.

@Atomic Knight

Carol looked at Claire, then at Ellis. After a moment, she shrugged. "All right," she said. "Grab the RV, have them drive on through and make some noise. We'll deal with whatever remains and check on the girl while you double back. It sounds like a plan, Ellis."

@Josh @Neko Shogun @CrunchyCHEEZIT

At first, Junko smiled and touched her hair. "It is a nice bow..." After a moment, however, she looked downcast. "Well..."

hzFQ5tC.png

She sat down next to Honda. "No, it's not the first time I've dealt with zombies. The first time... was bad. Was very bad." Junko shivered at the thought and hugged herself tight. "But it's over with now, so, I, uh..." She paused for a long moment. "... You said there was a bear. You must mean Monokuma, right? I was trapped in a school, thanks to him. Or, well, thanks to the boy who controlled him I guess."

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
kcEHUIb.png

All good things always come to an end. The group's peaceful night abruptly ceased at first light, broken by an alarming scream in the distance. Aqua's eyes snapped in the direction of the horizon, her body tensing like an alert guard dog. "We don't leave anyone behind who needs help." Without another word, Aqua headed off with the group. As she scanned the crowd of walking corpses, Aqua listened to the others mull over their next move.

"Be careful, Ellis," Aqua warned, before giving a soft nod of approval regarding his plan. She then turned to Carol and Claire and offered, "If you can help me get close to the girl, I can place a temporary protection spell on her to buy us time to deal with the remaining threat." In a quick flash of light, the young master materialized her keyblade and readied herself.

@Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Josh

"Ya'll don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

Patting Aqua on the back, Ellis smirked as he took off running, slightly tripping before he was out of view
@Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun
Running into the area of the RV, Ellis jumped up and down, as he made his way to driver's seat. Smiling at Junko, he took his seat as the drive. Turning on the engine, the motor roar. As started driving, he explained the plan

"Alright, we gotta one job, lore the infected away. Luckily for us this type of RV? It's like tank."

Going surprising fast for an Rv, Honda and Junko would feel the crushing of an infected under the wheels as Ellis easily ran over it. Honking the horn, Ellis did his job. Slowing down off an on, letting the dead catch up, before taking off again and leading them away.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee

Honda grimaced as Junko mentioned previous dealings with zombies. Poor kid... "That's the one! Monokuma was the worst! Made us investigate all these murders, then killed off anyone found guilty..." He shuddered at the memory of some of the more grisly of the executions. "We weren't in a school, though. Well, at least not for the whole time. A lot of the time, we were hotel-hopping."

As Ellis joined them and started driving, Honda found the whole drive rather gruesome. Thank goodness he already ate breakfast, because this could even make him lose his appetite. "Wait...that boy, was his name Mark Jefferson or Stephen Holder? Back in Bright Falls, the other you was the one controlling Monokuma."

@Atomic Knight @Josh

"Uh, yeah, that was exactly how it went with us, just more confined I guess."

Junko let out a long sigh and relaxed back into her seat. It was so weird to be talking about this stuff. Junko didn't believe she had met anyone who had gone through something similar to her in ages now. Not that she ever had much time to ever really get to know anyone no matter where she did end up. It was rather nice to have spent an evening watching movies, even in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

Junko was pulled from her reverie by the arrival of Ellis, who promptly decided to take over for Honda. She smiled back at Ellis, though found herself disliking the plan of action for the RV.

"I have no idea why I would want anything to do with that dumb bear," Junko said to Honda after a moment, feeling a bit dirty at the idea. "Bears suck. Especially robot ones! Hmph!" Junko reached out and slapped the vehicle's front dash for emphasis. "Though, I've never heard of anyone with those names. That boy's name was--"

Junko flinched when she heard a loud bang from the back of the RV, followed by a bunch more. They had evidently gotten the infected's attention. "I hate that noise already," she whispered.

@Yun Lee @Josh

Once the RV had come through and started pulling away the infected from the convenience store, Carol led the way inside. She didn't know much about protection spells but she trusted Aqua to help the girl. She stabbed one in the back of the neck near the entrance while Claire took out another. Claire then helped her push over a store rack that had been propped up against the door, allowing them to head inside.

kOQVpVr.jpg

Carol took a cursory glance around, determining that at least no infected had slipped inside. She was about to tell Soldier: 76 to cover the entrance when infected began pouring through what they had just opened. "I see her!" Claire exclaimed, moving toward the counter, but one of the infected surprised her. It slammed into Claire's back, sending her flying over the counter.

"We gotta get the girl out of here!" Carol yelled.

@Neko Shogun @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Driving around for awhile, Ellis looked over at Junko. I small group of the dead behind them. He seemed to have doing his job well. Parking for a minute, he motion to the girl.

"Since we have a bit of time, have you ever driven before, Miss Junko? Wanna try? It's fun I swear. "

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

"Let me tell ya, I get all jumpy now whenever I see a teddy bear in a toy shop window thanks to that little punk!" Honda grimaced, the memories of Bright Falls putting a bad taste in his mouth. Honestly, he felt more comfortable here in Zombietown, U.S.A. than he ever would there.

@Atomic Knight @Josh

"Um..."

Junko stared at the steering wheel like it was going to bite her. "You know, by the time I could drive, I was famous enough so that limousines could just take me wherever I wanted to go."

Basically, no, she had not driven much at all before. She was going to say that now was probably not the best time to learn when the matter was made clear by the RV suddenly shuddering. It still moved forward but at a clipped pace. Too many infected were swarming the vehicle and getting caught under its wheels.

"Shit," Junko said automatically. "Are we going to die?"

@Josh @Yun Lee

The infected's attack sent Claire flying over the counter, but a collection of trash and debris softened her landing on the other side. She grunted and twisted around so that she could back on her feet, only to find herself face-to-face with a little girl.

aBGOuuo.png

"Um, y-you... what are..." The girl was kneeling on the floor, pushed up against the back of the counter. She trembled and shimmied backward from Claire, who reached out a hand.

"Are you hurt?" Claire asked, her eyes scanning the little girl for any possible wounds. The way the girl looked at her made her chest tighten, and Claire felt a sudden vicious need to keep her safe. "My name is Claire. My friends and I came to rescue you."

Perhaps the girl was naturally trusting, or perhaps there was something in Claire's tone, but the girl relaxed and reached out to take Claire's hand.

WgVlKDO.png

Claire could feel that the girl was still trembling. "I'm... I'm Elle," the girl managed to say. "Please don't leave me." Claire nodded and stood to her feet.

She saw the conclusion of Carol and the others finishing off the infected that had run into the store. They had managed a defense that kept further threats from entering, but now they had the unfortunate task of leaving the store. As Claire brought Elle around the counter, Carol turned to them and stared at Elle for a moment. She looked almost resigned.

Whatever the case, the group had to get going. "We should wait for a clear moment, and then--"

Claire was stopped short when she witnessed a strange mass of green goo fly into the store. She could barely imagine the possibilities before it hit the ground and started spreading rapidly across the store floor. It immediately became apparent that the substance was some kind of acid, for it started intensely burn anyone standing within its vicinity.

Elle screamed, as did Claire. The choice was made for them now, as the only way to get out of the store alive now was to leave immediately.

Seemingly not nearly as worried as Junko seemed to be, Ellis gave the girl a smirk as he shifted into reverse.

Don't worry, now! I got this, ya know.

Backing up rabidly, Ellis ran over the inflicted behind the RV rather easily. Now having some space, he shifted into drive, putting the pestle to the metal as he tried pushing past the hord

@Atomic Knight k @Yun Lee

"No one's dying on my watch!" Honda looked out the RV window, surveying the scene. As Ellis attempted to drive away, he drummed his fingers on the windowpane in thought. "You think we may have to fight these guys off?" Honda asked. "I don't really know how to use a gun or anything, but if we need to clear up some space, I can do that!"

@Atomic Knight @Josh

Claire pulled the girl into her arms to shield her from the acid and began to run from the convenience store. Carol was close beside her, taking pot shots at the few infected lingering outside. Unfortunately, the rush put them right in front of the infected spewing the acid, a grotesquely thin woman with a far-too-wide mouth.

4EnXoa5.png

The infected woman haunched over to spit hot acid again, causing Elle to scream. Claire cried out with her and pulled the girl close to her chest, expecting to feel the burn of hot acid impact her skin. However, after a second, Claire realized it wasn't coming. She didn't even realize she had closed her eyes, so when she opened them, she saw that a magic barrier had been erected around herself and Elle. Had that been Aqua, or... herself?

Whatever the case, this gave Carol a moment to shoot the acid woman in the head, killing her and allowing everyone to escape. They rushed down the street in a desperate bid to catch up with the RV, Claire still carrying the little girl in her arms. As the vehicle had been going slow, they came upon it quickly, only to find it swarmed by infected. Carol readied her gun but paused when she saw something run out from an alley at a high speed. It looked to be another infected, this one with a giant arm and yelling as it charged into the RV.

qZc8iit.png

The group could hear a scream as the RV toppled over on to its side.

The RV lurched soon after Ellis' attempt to drive off, coming to a harsh stop soon after. Junko groaned as the vehicle could only move at a crawl after that. "The monsters have to be stuck in the wheels," Junko said in despair. She stood up, wanting to make her way away from the front of the vehicle, but a loud yelling from outside stopped her short. "What is--"

Junko's question turned into a harsh scream as something smashed into the side of the RV with a deafening bang, causing the whole thing to topple over on to its side. Junko was tossed like a rag doll, slamming her shoulder hard against the wall as she fell. She groaned, finding her vision blurring from the impact.

@Josh @Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back