Smugglers Cove (Love2write and Silence)

Silence

Anonymous Me
@Love2write

This role play is inactive. Please archive.

Killian stared at his cargo in the bay of the ship. It was a pathetic load. That was the life of smuggling. Sometimes you had to collect a few bigger boxes to make it look like you were legitimate. This wasn’t nearly large enough but, he was getting paid some good money to make the transport. Sitting in the local pub he waited around to hear if there was anyone else that wanted to have a good sized load sent onto one of the systems inside the alliance.

The outskirts had always been wild and he loved it. Getting contraband from the territories to the alliance was difficult. It didn’t come without its rewards. He made some good money on the last round. Lost a crew member, but that was the reason that he didn’t hire men with families. Those on board the ship were family and that was all the better it got.

Though in this line of work trouble was never far behind. The door flew open and of course there came the patrol from the alliance. They were going to be checking every ship at port before they left. This was another one of their stings that they frequently felt the urge to conduct. He couldn’t have his client’s merchandise get found either. This was some touchy stuff. Carefully getting up from his table he took his mug back to the counter and laid the coin with it in front of the tender.

All the bar tenders around here knew who the smugglers were and they kept mum about it. Killian brushed a hand through his wavy dark hair and sighed. Bumping into a compliance officer he grinned. “Sorry.” A hint of alcohol on his breath seemed to be convincing enough and he walked toward the bathroom. Before he reached the door he cut sharply to the left and headed out the back door. He needed to get his ship off the ground before they asked for his papers and permissions. Those were gonna show a heap of things he couldn’t afford to be seen by the authorities. Such as unlogged material being transported.

“Hey we gotta get moving.” His raspy voice sounded as he nodded to his engine man. The grease stained face almost seemed to inflate with worry as he raced for the engine room. Always the worry wart. Killian began pulling the ramp up when he felt a sharp sting run along his arm.

Hissing he whipped around and spotted a compliance officer on board the ship. “You son of a bitch.” The back hatch was already closing and the ping of bullets were a good indication that he couldn’t afford to open it and throw the man out. So instead he was stuck with having to try and disarm him here and now. Then the compliance officer could be part of illegal activity. Throwing his full and lean 230 pound weight body at 6’7” toward the man the two of them tumbled to the floor together with limbs in every which direction.

Last edited:
The compliance officer fought him with all that he had, scrambling to get to either his gun or his radio. He grabs Killian's hair and yanks the smuggler off of him. Rolling to the side he snatches his gun off the floor and aims it at Killian, forcing the smuggler to stop in his tracks. The officer chuckles, wiping blood off his lip. "No one is going to miss a rat like you." He says cruelly...powering the weapon up.

A loud bang goes off. The officer staggers, looking down in shock at the smoking hole in his chest. He falls and Killian spins.
A woman in her late 20's stands with a hand on one hip and gun in the other. She smirks at Killian like she pitied him then aims her gun at his chest. "If you don't want to end up like that guy...you'll give me the access code to your ship's systems, then I'll drop you off at the nearest habitated planet. Savy?" Her voice was a mixture of suave and cocky.

Last edited:
(Don't really mind the first paragraph. I'll just ignore the part about Killian spinning. Its a tiny bit of character control. I'm not mad I do that sometimes too so this was just a tiny reminder.)

Compliance officers always thought they were the hotshots. Killian still had a few tricks up his sleeves. Smugglers didn't get good if they didn't have some kind of skill avoiding getting caught or killed. As the weapon was powered he prepared to dive for the man's feet. If nothing else it would help to minimize any damage. Suddenly in the middle of it all the smuggler saw the officer go down. Wasn't quite what he had in mind. This made life a little more complicated. Not only was it a new person with a gun it also meant that he had another murder on his record.

Slowly turning he saw the woman and he reached up to rub the top of his head. His thick black hair curled slightly though not much since Killian liked to keep it above his ears. How that guy got a handful he would never know. Talented. That had to be it. Cocky as the lady was Killian figured it wouldn't be long till the officer's back up arrived. "Well that would be a tough situation now wouldn't it?" Meeting her gaze he smirked. "I don't give you the access code and you'll get picked up by the alliance military. You know compliance officers aren't usually alone. You shoot me you die anyway." His deep green eyes almost danced with the idea that he was having a grand time of this. "Besides," slowly taking a seat on one of the cargo boxes he continued "I don't have what I came here for." It was a blatant lie but, he figured the longer he stalled the more difficult it was going to be for the female to argue with him. "If you want a ride somewhere all you got to do is ask. I'll drop you off almost anywhere."

Outside they could already hear alarms going off. If they didn't leave soon, they'd both be caught. She shifted nervously, though her cocky smile never left her lips. "Yeah, see...that's not going to work for me." She glances at the door behind him, as if anticipating compliance officers to pound the door down any moment. "But, since the clock's ticking...I'll let you fly...for now." She gestures with her gun to the cockpit. "Get us out of here, then we can continue this conversation when company isn't knocking at our door."

The lady had a valid point and Killian settled into his spot. He wasn't about to let her call the shots soon as they left the port. Besides they would be so distracted by the murder that he might just get away with his ship. "Well that don't work for me." The grin on his face got bigger. She made a big kettle of fish for herself. "I'm half tempted to stay here and let them have at you. I don't share my ship and I'm not taking orders from you." They would get out of port and he knew her kind. He wasn't dumb enough to think that he could trust her or that she wouldn't shoot him and take the ship soon as she was safe. "You tell me where you wanna go and I'll lock you up after a quick frisk. Drop you off at your desired location and make a separate drop of your belongings once I'm safely in the sky again. You're choice. Them or me."

She shoots. The crate beneath him explodes, dropping him to the ground. The officers outside yell in alarm and renew their vigorous attempts to get in the ship. She pops a new clip into the gun, and it recharges with a loud hum. "You're underestimating my abilities, hun. I don't need you alive to get into your ship's computer. A few splicer nodes and a hack tool is all it'll take. But I'm not getting arrested." She says this with a hint of desperation, as if it were the worst thing that could happen to her. Her coy smile fades.

"If they come through that door, you're the first person I'm killing." She pulls out a grenade. "And this baby will take care of the rest. Now you can save us both some time and get us out of here, or I can just kill you now and take your ship later."

Killian did jump slightly as the crate exploded. Mostly cause it stung his rear end. His back felt like it was getting stabbed by various chunks of the wood. Growling he sat up to face her obnoxious physiognomy. "The hell. You don't know what you're getting yourself into." Obviously she hadn't heard of him and his crew. That would be a rare individual. If she had heard of him she didn't know she'd run into him then. That was usually more of the case. "Sure you'd kill me first but, that still doesn't help you. Besides you couldn't hack the damn system fast enough to get out of here."

It was almost funny to see that stupid grin fade and her features change from the cocky expression. Killian slowly got to his feet while she threatened him with a grenade. "Yep you could kill me, taking the ship would be a problem." It would likely get confiscated or she wouldn't know how to run it. Thing had a tendency to break down if you didn't pay attention."

Gradually the engineer snuck up behind her and Killian just kept his gaze steady on the lady. A grin slowly spread over his face as he watched the engineer press a gun to the back of the woman's head. "Now..." Killian moved a bit closer and took both of her weapons. "I think that you can go back out there and turn yourself in or, you could come with me. Its still my terms. What you got that I might want if I get you out of here?"

She looked thoroughly irritated at being taken by surprise like that. Her hands remained up in sign of surrender, though she was attempting to regain some semblance of her former cockiness. She smirks slightly, flicking her pink hair off her face. "I know the location of the Terraship." The Terraship was a legendary warship that had disappeared into the uncharted regions of space 20 years ago. It was said to carry a planet's worth of treasure and weapons. The massive warship alone would be the score of a lifetime. It was a prize that smugglers, pirates and warlords had spent their entire live searching, but no one had come close to discovering it yet.

She was probably lying. But what if she wasn't?

Killian snorted at her answer. "Uh huh. I'd be a very rich man if every person who told me that wasn't lying." Still it was entertaining to keep the lady. If she caused too much trouble he was more than sure he could turn her over. "I'm half tempted to throw you out the door now. So anything better than that?" He wasn't about to follow blind directions from her. "I've run into too many damn traps because of idiots like you that think smugglers are stupid."

She pouts in a comical fashion. "Aw, you hurt my feelings." She jumps as the hatch to the shuttle begins to creak and groan as the officers outside attempt to open it. "I have proof...but its not here. Its at my safe house...on Gordian Prim. Just, get us out of here and I'll take you too it." She pleads, blue eyes blinking at him sadly, lips puckered just so. How many unsuspecting men had she wooed with that gaze?

Not real keen on getting caught, he nodded to the engineer and the two of them walked her to the little jail cell. "Well I don't really care to visit your safe house. I'll decide what to do with you later." As for the weapons he figured that he could have them locked up. She wouldn't be breaking into the locked cellar anytime soon and it was usually quite difficult to find. Usually there wasn't anyone good at finding things in a smugglers ship unless it was the guy that turned it into a black market vessel.

Once she was locked up Killian just shook his head as he stared at her behind the cells. "You're far more attractive when you're behind bars." A raspy laugh sounded from his throat and he strode down the narrow passage to return to the bay. His navigator would be setting course and they were ready to fly now. All Killian had to do was set the bay for remaining bit of the transport.

It took several days before they lost the alliance police. After that it was only an additional day to their drop point. The paycheck was all Killian wanted. With the merchandise delivered he sifted through the small bag of payment. "Good as they get." That too he took to the safe and dropped it inside. Later on he would distribute to the crew. For now he needed to leave his room and go get the girl out of her cell.

Killian stopped outside the door of the cell. "Well now...I've decided we might keep your weapons. Nothing else I'd trust you to give us. Other than that you're free to get off here." Unlocking the cell door he lead her to the back of the ship where they had originally met. There wasn't even a cargo box this time. "Just remember next time you don't want to shoot me or mess with my crew. You're damn lucky we didn't decide to end your misery." Leaving her here was almost as good as murder. The alliance police patrolled the area frequently and by the way she acted on the last planet he figured she didn't want to be found. It might do her some good to eat a little humble pie. This was usually where he would offer a job if a person wasn't too stuck up to admit they were in a bad situation and they could use a guy with his brains to run things.

"You might as well kill me." Star (she claimed was her name) held out her arms openly. "You leave me here without a ship, that's what's gonna happen anyway." She takes a step towards him. "C'mon, Killian. I know your reputation, your crew. I know you lost a couple guys to a raid a few weeks back. You'll be needing some good hands, right? I'm a damn good hacker and not a half bad fighter either. You let me on your crew, you won't regret it."

Smiling a little he leaned against a wall. "Hmmm....Then if you know me so well at least by reputation then you know I creative ways of killing folks that get in my way." It wasn't all about showing off his muscle. Killian could have likely beat the lady if he wanted but, it was less risky to let his crew take action. He could use her on the crew and he liked her kind if they made this sort of deal. It was always with the understanding that he had every right to kill them if they went back on it. "Then welcome aboard but, still no weapons for you. Go up those stairs and get something decent to eat and I'll be up right behind you...whatever your name is."

Killian nodded at her name and pointed to the stairs. Slowly he walked up behind her. Half the crew rose up and glowered at her when she walked in. "This is the new crew member Star. You all know the routine." With that they nodded and the group sat down at the table. Nearest spot to Killian was always awarded the new crew member. Mostly because he could back hand the if need be.

"Morning boys." Star grins at them impishly like this had been her plan all along. If she was nervous, she didn't show it and took her place looking far more comfortable than the rest of the crew. She smirks at the one crew member who'd been in charge of making sure she remained in her cell. She had pestered him to the point that he'd nearly opened the cell twice just to beat her silent. And now he was the one glaring at her the most. "Aw, you didn't think you'd get rid of me that easy, did you?" She coo's at him with a smirk while grabbing a serving of food for herself. "Well, ya'll know my name. What are yours?"

The engineer glowered at the lady. He didn't much like her and he wasn't so sure that he wanted her on the crew. True most of them started this way. Mike had been the exception. Killian and himself had started out together. While Killian was the brain behind the operations and quite a bit of the muscle Mike was also brainy in his own way. A bit older and savvy with machines. "You'll learn our names as we go. No such thing as formal introductions."

Killian just grinned. Never made his crew do something like this. Chances were the lady would make them wish she knew their name. A little spunk was good. Actually necessary for her to survive. Once it was quiet Killian looked over at the lady. "You'll be following me for a few days." He couldn't have her making trouble with the crew right away.

One of the men laughed a little. "Our version of being grounded. Hang out with the most boring guy on the ship."

A little round of laughter went around the table. For the most part the meal was finished in silence. Except for the almost constant humming of appreciation for the food. Killian swallowed his last bite and he stood. "Star we got a little business to do before we leave the system."

Star stands with him, flicking back her pink hair out of her eyes. "Yeah? What business might that be, Boss?"

(Sorry I was just getting ready to clean some stuff up at work. Back home now and I will be far more consistent tonight.)

That little flick of the pink hair always caught Killian's attention. Something about it reminded him of a creature of sorts. It was just so strange and he wasn't sure he liked it. "Well first might be for you to tie your hair back or something. I don't know how you can work with hair in your eyes. Then we'll head off to the docks. I've got a contact that would like to sell something in the capital." Ignoring whatever little glance she gave him, he started for the door way.

The streets were eerily empty. Usually they were at this time of night. Still it made him a little nervous. Killian had ever liked meeting with this particular person. They paid better than most since nobody else dared come to the region. "Just remember to keep quiet. Any little shenanigans from you and I'll offer your head to the man."

"Noted..." Star replied, keeping pace beside him. Her hair was pulled back with a black bandanna. She wore a simple pink tanktop with dark grey cargo pants that had lots of pockets. No doubt several contained tools of the trade. "You going to give me a weapon or anything? Case something goes wrong?" She asks, popping a piece of gum in her mouth.

Killian snorted when she asked about a weapon. "Nope...If something goes wrong you'll learn to be smart or you'll get killed." Turning on his heel he started to walk backward while still talking. "Point is. You're going to trust me no matter what I say or do the same as the rest of my crew." They were the best smugglers for a reason. The captain pivoted and resumed walking in a forward now. "Anything else you need to know about being a new recruit?"

Back