We're All Mad Here Somewhere In Maine, I Suppose?

NightshadeFalls

Aggressive Floaty Thing
Only a few people hung around, talking with friends, stumbling home. Most of the people in the small town were either in bed or partying. Not Quartz, though. Quartz stalked through the streets, the only light around being that of the streetlamps illuminating each corner. She preferred the night because no one would whisper about her. She could walk around without having to worry about being judged. The night was quiet, peaceful. Somewhere in town, there was music blasting, barely audible. She took a deep breath, savoring the fresh night air.

@Chaos Sphere

A shady figure in a business suit walks from an alley into the nearly-empty street scene, carrying a large box strapped his back in a nonchalant manner. The most notable feature one would notice from him would be the box that fully covers his head, apparently not impeding his vision in any way. The night is the best time for him to silently move around and conduct whatever business he believes is important without the risk of causing a wacky scene. He looked around to see if there is anyone nearby... Only a lone figure pacing around. He tried to move to the other side of the street as silently and stealthily as possible as to not get noticed by the figure.

@JexMix

Quartz whips her head around to stare at the person. She heard him, saw the movement. He wasn't as quiet as he thought, at least not to her. A puzzled look crosses her face as she notices a box where the head should be. Her fingers clink around while she stares down the figure, trying to determine whether he would be friend or foe.

@Chaos Sphere

Frederick sensed someone staring straight at him, turning his head to figure out whose eyes the gaze belongs to... The same figure who was walking on the street alone. Should he run? Should he hide? For him, neither is the answer, for he decided to question the being before him. "Greetings, I wonder why are you alone in times like these?"

@JexMix

Quartz raises a brow, unseen by the man due to her mask. "I could ask you the same. I've never seen you before, what brings you to this town?" She inquires, moving a hand to adjust her necklace, as the clasp had turned itself around. "I know everyone around here, but you're new."

@Chaos Sphere

"Indeed, I am a newbie in this place," Frederick Feller admitted confidently, "I have arrived to conduct different kinds of business and thought that this would be a good place to move into, especially with the crime going on in the other cities like Florida and Boston. I believe that you lived here for a long amount of time if I can assume that?" He adjusted the box that covers the entirety of his head as he spoke.

@JexMix

"You would be correct in your assumption." Quartz cocks her head to the side, causing her silver hair to fall over her shoulder. She takes a few steps closer to the man to hear better, towering over him in the process. "But what kind of business?" She crosses her arms, her metallic fingers glinting in the dim light. Not a threat, just a habit.

@Chaos Sphere

"Different kinds of business!" he crossed his arms confidently, looking up to her through the box all over his head, "But it usually involves getting products and raking in some top cash. Some people just think my offers are total trash, but I firmly believe that their quality is higher than their overall quality of life!" he laughed to himself. He cannot comprehend why people call his products a failure, despite them working perfectly for him. Perhaps, they are too stupid to comprehend? That is what he thought to be the case.

@JexMix

"Huh. So you came here-" She sweeps her arm out, gesturing to the town as a whole, "To do business? I know quite a bit about everyone herel. I see all, hear all. I hate to break it to ya Boxy, but these people aren't very receptive to strangers such as yourself. Not saying there's anything wrong with you or what you're doing, they're just all wound up due to an incident that happened a few years ago that involved some city-slickers taking most of their cash and running." She shakes her head while remembering that whole fiasco. "However," She starts, "I have some ways I might be able to get them to come around, if you're interested." An idea was already forming in her mind. Work with this guy, get the locals to open up to it, cash out.

@Chaos Sphere

"I think I might have to pass, though I may consider hunting down some city-slickers," he sighed in mild disappointment, "Whatever those creatures may be, they sure sound like expensive game fowl." Indeed, Frederick Feller is seriously considering trying out murder-for-hire once more. Afterall, other than whatever reward he believes he could obtain from downing a couple of corrupt "man-swine" (as he refers to most human targets), he is more than glad to steal their belongings too. For him, this information is extremely helpful in helping him come up with a means to earn cash, for he had absolutely no idea what to do prior to hearing her response.

"Maybe you could tell me about those alleged 'city-clickers'?" he requested, almost noticing his mispronunciation of the slang term.

@JexMix

A laugh escapes her as she notices his mispronunciation. "Slickers, not clickers. And I do have some info that could help. And since you're new, I'll be nice and give ya the first part for free. See, the city-slickers are a bunch of people, not all human; who come from the city. Their main target is to get money, and they don't care how they have to do it." She explains, a glint in her eye.

"Some still skulk around, but they're good at evading being hunted. Ya wanna know how to get 'em?" He could almost see her smile.

@Chaos Sphere

"More than glad to know!" Frederick Feller confidently put his hands on his waist like a wannabe-hero, his excitement overflowing from the depths from within his cubic helmet. "It seems that not only are they good resources, but they also serve as interesting competition!" he added, adjusting the box-bag that he is carrying to ensure that it doesn't fall at any given random moment. "If necessary, I might call a friend or two to assist me, so I hope they get a welcome should they ever arrive."

@JexMix

Quartz laughs at the almost childlike energy radiating from the box-headed man. "Alright, look. I'll give you the info. But it's gonna cost you." She straightens out so she's at her full height (7'2", with her boots on) and looks towards the forest. "My price is that I help you. Because you're new, and you don't know how this actually works. If I just give you the info, you'll end up dying." She looks back at him, extending a metallic hand. "Deal?"

@Chaos Sphere

"Sounds like an interesting deal," he shook her hand firmly and with high amounts of confidence, "I look forward to the success of the operation. I believe that I should start pondering on possible contacts and potential recruits at this point. Is there anything else you need to inform me on?" Frederick Feller asked, ready to leave if there is nothing else to discuss on.

@JexMix

"Phone number it is," Frederick Feller whipped out his monochrome clamshell cellphone from his left pocket, opening it and searching for his contact number.

@JexMix

"Interesting choice of phone. I've never seen one like that before." She pulls out her own, a flip-phone. However, the keyboard part detached and it became a normal smartphone. "I like the flip-phone aesthetic, but smartphones are easier to use," She explains, pocketing the keyboard part and pulling up her contacts.

@Chaos Sphere

"I often bring these kinds of phones because they are cheaper, and it's less likely for anyone to be interested in stealing them," Frederick Feller explained before finding his contact number. He would then begin to show the number on his phone for her to copy. "Aight, here's my number for you to register."

@JexMix

Back