We're All Mad Here Somewhere In Maine, I Suppose?

She quickly taps the number into her contacts. "And what should I call you?" She asks, her fingers hovering above the keyboard. It's a wonder how her phone works, what with metal fingers and all. But hey, don't question it.

@Chaos Sphere

"Frederick Feller's the name, contact should say the same," he rhymed as he waited for her to finish inputting the data into her phone. Once she is done with registering his phone into her contacts, he would ask for her number and contact name, ready to tap his fingers on where the phone's screen used to be. Upon closer inspection on his phone, one would notice that there are too many things inconcievably wrong on the phone's makeup, from the switch positions of the screen and number pad to the haphazard arrangement of buttons that would apparently take more than a year and a half for any ordinary person to get used to. One has yet to comprehend how he did not run into any problems with it, let alone properly use it.

@JexMix

Quartz quickly types his name into her phone and saves it, then pulls up her own phone number. "Here you are, Feller." She lets him tap her number into his... phone? If it could even be called as such. "Oh, and it's Quartz. Quartz Crystal. That's my name, don't wear it out." She jokes with the man, putting her phone back into her bag. "Well, I suppose we'll be seeing each other."

@Chaos Sphere

"Now that I have all that I needed so far, I believe that we shall meet some other time. For now, farewell, Quartz!" Frederick Feller waved goodbye to the acquaintance as he pocketed his phone and turned around to leave, almost losing balance from the weight of the carriage on his back. Perhaps, he should start making preparations for his new job once the sun rises.

Quartz waves at the man, but lunges forward to steady him. Once he's safely balanced, she steps back. "Farewell indeed, Boxy." She walks away from him, giggling to herself about his nickname. The sun is starting to rise, so she heads back home as not to be noticed by many.

@Chaos Sphere

The Following Day...

"And that is how pesticides are made!" Frederick Feller discussed with the men inside the truck as he drove his way into the city. Just as he had planned, he and the group he called his "Pest Patrol Party" drove into the city in the earliest morning, lightly polluting the air with pink exhaust and aggressively reflecting the amber sunlight back to its source with the shiny back of the truck. If one were to make a conclusion based on the name "Fancy Fred's Pest Control" crudely keyed beside the grotesque painted imagery of a vaguely humanoid cockroach being subjected to what appeared to be a combination of crucifixion and waterboarding, that conclusion would be that they are here to "kill bugs", whatever that actually means. This, of course, is what Frederick Feller believes is a mere test run. But before he could continue, he had to look around and see if the acquaintance he made in the past day is around the truck's direct vicinity.

@JexMix

Quartz had been sitting on the roof of one of the houses when she spotted a shiny black truck. It was definitely out of place, as no one in the town ever had one. She figured it must be the man she had met earlier. Her suspicions were confirmed when the truck got closer and she could see inside. She gracefully hopped off the roof of the house and onto a light post, then onto the top of the truck. She then flipped onto her stomach and hung down so that her head was visible from the window. "Heya, Boxy!" She says.

@Chaos Sphere

"Ghastly macaroni!" Frederick exclaimed in surprise, jolting and turning towards the sudden head staring straight from just outside his window. "Oh, pleased to meet you, Quartz Krystal!" he swiftly regained his composure, glancing at the 'personnel' who brought up a topic that they had been chattering about half an hour ago before turning back to face her. "We are here to do survey the area and come up with optimal equipment, strategies, and thingimajigs for our lil' operations. And since this is a test drive, I gave myself a minor handicap as of the moment," he introduced the five-man squad barely visible from his seat with a gesture. Each member of the team wears some form of reinforced headgear that completely covers their head, along with varying uniforms that are too assorted for a formal organization, let alone a non-profit one. "We're basically having an educational field trip in other words! Genius, isn't it?" he asked in a rhetorical fashion, clearly excited about today's plans.

@JexMix

Quartz smiles and quickly flips herself to the other window then climbs into the truck, sitting on the passenger's lap. "Quite, Frederick Feller. It's a good thing I'm here now, huh?" She crosses her legs and smiles, looking around at the others. "So, what's with the weird headgear, Boxy?" She asks, reaching over and gently tapping Frederick's box.

@Chaos Sphere

"They serve several purposes," he began to explain as if no one was tapping on his 'helmet', "First, they help us keep our secret identities from bad guys. Second, they protect us from headshots. Third, it allows us to bang our heads on things and be perfectly fine, which is the most important reason why we have it." The box around his head seems to be unnaturally sturdy to the touch with a metallic texture. How he is able to wear a seemingly heavy box without any slowing of his head's movement is something that a simple man cannot figure out.
In contrast to Frederick Feller's box, the other men seem to be wearing ordinary reinforced headgear with personalized designs. In fact, one of them seems to be wearing a modified bucket covered in metallic plating.
After taking the time to reach out and using his pointer to jab at the personnel whose lap she is sitting on in a mocking manner. "Lol. You chair now", he muttered in a childish manner before turning to Quartz. "So, where do you think should we start our trip?" he asked eagerly, ready to get the car running.

Meanwhile, at the back of the car, the other members of Frederick's ragtag bunch are having a barely audible conversation amongst themselves.
"Hah, and you thought that was the cockroach man. What are you, a kid?"
"I ain't no kid. I'm definitely sure that the cockroach man exists and it's the scariest thing that I have ever heard of ever since the last Super Duper Bros. movie remake!"
"What's scary about it anyway? You've literally gone to prison for the illegal possession of J'ba Fofi and you're scared of a man-sized roach. What are you gonna say next, that 'its projectile vomit can cause dysentery on skin contact?'"
"Well, you got a strong point. But I have every reason to be afraid of projectile vomit that causes dysentery."
"If you say so. Afterall, you made one hell of a 'logo' for our truck."

@JexMix

Quartz giggles when Fredrick pokes the man she's sitting on, and turns to the back quickly. "The cockroach man? Oh, yeah. He exists. After all," She pauses and lifts her mask so they can see her devilish smile. "You're going to see him very soon." She puts her mask back in place and turns back to Frederick, smiling. The cockroach man existed, sure, but he was pretty chill. "So, we need to go to the woods. They mostly live in there. We'll scope out the area. Now, they may be slickers, but they're also monsters. They terrorize the town on the regular. I'm basically the only one who keeps them at bay, so it'll be nice to have help. So," She shifts, crossing her legs. "Let's go. That way." She points a metallic finger towards the northwest, where a small road resides.

@Chaos Sphere

"Oh no," one of the men muttered sarcastically, seemingly jeering to his speechless comrade in a helmet-piercing manner, "Looks like the urban legend is real after all."
Meanwhile, Frederick would nod in agreement as he made the car head northwest, intending to follow that road once he reaches it. "I remember people in other cities calling me and my crew monsters for some reason, and I can't point out which one that is. Though one of them suggested that they actually meant that we're 'monstrously attractive' or 'monstrously competent'. It's a big ego boost among them, but I think it's a full-house hand of shit... Because I personally think that they are trying to say that we look 'monstrously wealthy for a bunch of people'".
Frederick kept driving and waiting for additional directions while the personnel at the back kept conversing about various topic.

@JexMix

Quartz giggles. She has a feeling she'll like these people. "Alright, so turn onto that road that I told you about," She says, pointing to the upcoming road. She has to admit, she quite enjoys being around Boxy and his comrades. They're all interesting people, and it's fun to poke at the one guy's fear.
They go down the road for a while, conversing about stupid things. "Okay. So, what we need to do now is we need to stop the truck and get out. We'll be too noticeable in it, so we have to continue on foot," she explains to the group.

@Chaos Sphere

"Alright, let's do this. Prep your weapons and recheck those lil' magics of yours" Frederick clapped loudly as he finished wedging the truck into its parking place. In a nearly explosive fashion, he and his group (excluding the member that Quartz was sitting on) immediately grabbed their assigned weapons and slammed their doors open before running out with their equipment on the ready. The group appears to have a wide variety of equipment, including a flamethrower, what appears to be a jackhammer modified into a gun, and several devices that look a bit like matchboxes. Frederick Feller's current weapon of choice seems to be a taser gun, be he had also pocketed another weapon that is yet to be identified.
"Alright, once everyone's ready, follow the tour guide and admire the surroundings A LOT," he ordered his crew as he slammed the driver's door shut walked his way to the group.

@JexMix

Quartz nimbly opens the door and gets out, then allows the guy she was sitting on to get out. "Okay." She dusts herself off and pulls out her weapons, two crescent knives. (here) She smiles and gets ready, setting herself at the head of the group. "Alright boys, ready?" She asks, turning to look back at them.

@Chaos Sphere

The member who went out after Quartz conjured a black staff seemingly out of nowhere, twirling it and using one of its ends to close the door before running to unite with the group. "Well, looks like no one is left behind!" said the bucket-headed guy with the flamethrower and grenades. The rest of the bunch nodded in agreement as they prepared to follow the lead of Quartz and Frederick, "Ready when you are, " they said in unison. One of the minions sprinted back to the truck and unrolled a white tarpaulin that covered the graphic illustration that decorated the truck. The text on the tarpaulin labeled the vehicle as "Completely Non-Suspicious Truck" in crude black marker. "Ok, we're now truly ready!" He ran back to the group, the red spider on his 'bike helmet' visor lightly glowing in each syllable he speaks. "And if you don't mind, I might need to whistle a tune as we walk and talk."
"It's all good. Haven't heard a good melody from you ever since we've last worked together," the buff man with the jackhammer gun assured him as he knows something the others didn't.
"Ok ladies and gents, let's get walking!" Frederick Feller clapped twice to get the attention of the squad. Without any further speaking, they stood and waited for Quartz to lead the way.

@JexMix

Quartz rolled her eyes, unseen to the group. She was never more glad to have her mask, as she would have felt left out. She claps once and turns, then starts to walk. She doesn't bother checking if the men were following, as she could hear them. 'So loud,' she thought to herself.

@Chaos Sphere

Back